[variety 2008] Coming Out 커밍아웃

Guest HappyKrman

Guest clicheterms

For a country full of males who are constantly feeling up on each other, I've always wondered why Korea was so unreceptive towards gays.

true that.

i hope this show helps korea (and asia in general) open up more.

and can we just leave the title as "gay"? there's no need for the additional "queer".

<3 tiffo

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EUNSHIHAE

this sounds like a very interesting show.

i'm gonna try and watch an episode and see how i like it.

Guest crazyfrog

this show looks very interesting! hope it does well, and help people become more open minded about it.

haha, when i read: "He mentioned he noes sum gay couples in the entertainment field. Who? " in the title, first people i thought of was JaeHo... lol XDD

Guest ginger

there's nothing wrong with a society that doesn't encourage homosexuality. there's more than one philosophy in the world and it's very closed minded of you to pass a sweeping judgment on every society that thinks different from you so you can make yourself feel superior and progressive.

It's not that Korea doesn't "encourage" homosexuality. It's that they 1) pretend like it doesn't exist in their society and is something that dirty foreigners have brought in or 2) they think it's disgusting. Of course there are those that don't, but overall, Korea has an extremely oppressive view of homosexuality. So you saying "there is nothing wrong with a society that doesn't encourage homosexuality" comes off as very, very ignorant. If you are thought to be gay in Korea, you'll be tormented by your classmates and it's not like there are loud and out gay student organizations to help you cope. Think of how mentally distressing it would be to grow up in a society where you're told that you are mentally unsound if you are gay. The sooner Korea gets more gay acceptance, the sooner the gay men and women can have a healthier lifestyle. By covering it up and acting like it's wrong/not there, it is forcing people to live a giant lie.

It's not that the US is always right, but the US isn't always wrong, either. We have more acceptance for gays. You're making that to sound like a bad thing...?

So, not sorry, but YOU sound like the one that needs to open your eyes.

-ginger

Guest da_thao

i hope it get subbed eventually,i hope the anti-gay people won't do something stupid...i support this show!

Guest --hearts.

I really hope this works for Korea. Another step into modernization but it's going to be really really really hard. -___-

Guest eastsea_sarang

that's admirable, especially in a society like Korea -__-;

i wish the best of luck to him and uh, everyone else on the coming out show~

Guest SweetSerein

wow..how cool..im looking forward to this show..who cares if people are gay!!! The US is full of gays..and besides, korean guys show lots of skinship...why wouldnt they be cool about this show?

Guest ultranguik

For a country full of males who are constantly feeling up on each other, I've always wondered why Korea was so unreceptive towards gays.

*dies laughing*

XD so true, i mean with all the touch up and almost kiss scene between boybands

doh, i just feel that korea is not ready for this,

i mean, if its artistic movie like no regret, then fine, release it

but reality show, that means the gay couple have to reveal their identity

i dont think theres future in korea,

i mean, look at hong suk chun himself, his career is stil doomed until now,

the only news i read abt him is abt his preference in sexuality

Guest SeLcaQueen

this is cooL.

i aLways thought there were onLy two gays in korea, harisu and the other transgender actor/actress. forgot the name. :lol::P

is the korean society that strict when it comes to sexuaLity? i mean they're not open with the idea of gays and Lesbians??

thats kinda a crazy idea..

and i dont think many will be comfortable watching the show

but i think its good... to get the ppl who hide things jst cos of the publics eyes on them.. and wat they think.. to get everything out..

i dont agree with homosexuality.. but i think the show will open new perspectives on how ppl feel..

Archived