[variety 2008] Coming Out 커밍아웃

Guest HappyKrman

Guest Tsusoka

Oh what. When I read the title of this thread, I thought of Yunjae too O_O;; could it be...?

YESS I can't wait for this show to come out. This will be interesting. I hope ppl will be open-minded v_v;; since it is Korea.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rufus.

Haha I instantly thought of YunJae, as well. I'd love it if they're the couple he's hinting at--but I definitely wouldn't be surprised. xD

Guest kimmyrout
For a country full of males who are constantly feeling up on each other, I've always wondered why Korea was so unreceptive towards gays.

Oh well. Hope this show doesn't bomb.

LMAO seriously. There is a LOT of guy-on-guy love between celebrities on variety shows.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out among the general public of Korea.

Guest BlackCrystalRose

Lol at the girl taking a cellphone pic of the two guys kissing xD Anyway, this sounds rather interesting. I will watch when it's subbed.

Guest clicheterms
i feel kinda disgusted by tat =(

no offense.

of all the things you can be disgusted by (genocide, rape, child abuse, animal skinning), why would you choose to be disgusted by love?

also, is this show strictly about the males? what about the lesbian faction of korea? why's there nothing about them?

<3 tiffo

For a country full of males who are constantly feeling up on each other, I've always wondered why Korea was so unreceptive towards gays.

Oh well. Hope this show doesn't bomb.

of all the things you can be disgusted by (genocide, rape, child abuse, animal skinning), why would you choose to be disgusted by love?

also, is this show strictly about the males? what about the lesbian faction of korea? why's there nothing about them?

<3 tiffo

taking the words right from my mouth.

and although america is supposedly more open minded towards homosexuality, american guys seem more uptight about feeling up on each other or doing and saying anything that can be remotely considered 'gay'. not always the case, of course, but often enough. :mellow: hope the show doesn't backfire and make the situation worse for the gays/lesbians though.

Guest D2xD
Amazing, how do people come up with this?

This sounds interesting, I wonder how people will respond...

i think it's a good thing, because IMO I think if you love someone even the same gender, as long as it makes you happy, it doesn't bother me. I don't get disgusted or anything, at first I was shocked, but I began to understand. I have some friends that are bisexual and gay, and I accepted them for who they are. So I hope this show helps people know that it's okay. Because we are all human beings.

yeah, so please don't bash on what I said. Everyone has their own opinions, ---^ and that is my opinion on it.

Guest nicolexr
He reveals they are the most famous pairing in korea right now.

Hmm, so who's the most famous pairing in korea right now?

We wouldn't know, a lot of us don't live there. D:

Hmm, so who's the most famous pairing in korea right now?

Well perhaps people are just trying to make news for people to read the article

I dont think he is so tactless to the extend of hinting an obvious fanmade gay couple as real gays...

Guest mochamist

Wow....it'll be an ugly battlefield in Korea after this show airs....:blink:

Maybe this is a bad idea....maybe Korea should just come up with a show like WILL & GRACE. It might be too in-the-face and be rejected quickly.

Yunho + JaeJoong? haHA, yeah right.

Guest MiSsNaNa
WOW! Bravo Korea. lol

i'm really anticipated about this show now although i don't know any korean lol T.T

it's time people everywhere open up about the gay community

Guest crystal_t33rs

lol. yeah that's true. i hope this show won't get too much neg. response from the scary netizens.

Guest seriatim_*

i just watched both episodes. and i'm glad that korea is finally trying to make the gay community come out to the public and show that gays and lesbians aren't any different from normal people and that they are just like everyone else, trying to find love in this world.

but i feel like the opening little dancing number is a little..stereotypical? i dunno it's just i feel like *edit* a little too..i dunno how to place it in words..does anyone think this way? >< i don't want this to be offensive. i just dunno, it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable but i think it kinda defeats the purpose of the show a little?

the show in general i think came off to a good start

and what is yunjae? i feel so out of the loop..lol

Guest orbiter84

I think many find homosexuality disgusting because of the public "gay scene" portrayed by the media - alot of physical attraction, lust, promiscuity involved...

but movies like king & the clown and other films that are more subtle show that behind all the hoo-ha, it is just a very common, simple, beautiful love - the same as that between a guy and a girl, sometimes even stronger because of the sheer obstacles presented by society.

Imagine living in a society where people tell you that being yourself is wrong and you loving someone else is disgusting.

We need shows like this, regardless of whether they succeed or not. If it doesn't help the public understand, at least it will help those out there feeling the same way know that they are not alone.

Guest clicheterms
but i feel like the opening little dancing number is a little..stereotypical? i dunno it's just i feel like *edit* a little too..i dunno how to place it in words..does anyone think this way? >< i don't want this to be offensive. i just dunno, it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable but i think it kinda defeats the purpose of the show a little?

and what is yunjae? i feel so out of the loop..lol

oh, hey, i was feeling the exact same. idk, the whole half.nude dancing sequence, then the little rainbow logo. it was just kinda "wth, i thought they were trying to make people see gay people aren't any different from straight people? why give the audience half.naked dancing gay men?"

<3 tiffo

Archived