If You're Not Korean/asian...

Guest g0bananas

I played Kingdom Hearts, heard Simple and Clean and fell in love. I looked up Utada (now my favorite artist), and along the way I encountered others (like BoA and Ayumi Hamasaki), and I was hooked! ^__^

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theodabear

Im chinesse. Cpop baby yahh especially taiwan xD Always had the asian music in me. Got introduced to kpop by Mc monggg baby he started it all. Mc mong - a letter to u haha then went on to some ost then all the krn music came in listen to updated stuff from z degrees keepin me up to date. Yupp

Guest Rena23

I got into Asian music through Jrock in 2004. I randomly came across a picture of Dir en grey while they were doing visual kei and and their androgyny fascinated me so I listened to their music and it was so good. I've gone through so many genre's and language, now I'm a K-pop girl.

haha, well, i'm not korean.

but i'm asian. (:

anyways, my dad use to travel to other countries for work.

and he went to korea one day.

and bought different kpop cds.

some of them being BoA's earliest CDs, and SMTown's Summer Vacation CD.

i know. that was a longggg time ago. xD

but a few years after that. my sisters became addicted to the kpop and searched more in youtube.

and they passed the addiction onto me. (:

Guest apricot

It's their voices that captured me. Some Korean singers can sing WAY better than some of those "so called" popular singers in the Mandopop industry.

I fell in love with one group in particular and they made me listen to more Korean songs..hah.

Guest KirbyKrazy

Haha, i used to be a typical asian american kid that watched anime and liked japanese music.

Then i got into chinese music, and my thirst for asian stuff increased.

haha i was browsing youtube one day, and i saw that silly kid on star king lip sync tell me and girls' generation.

SNSD fighting yo.

Yea, basically, i owe it to that little kid on star king.

Guest rheixull

Ahaha. I'm definitely no where near Asian.

but i started watching anime.. like.. a looooooong time ago.

which got me into japanese stuff. [like so many others~ >>]

but one of my best friends [who is asian. xD], told me about Jrock.

which got me listening to all of that stuff, which then led to watching Jdramas, which led to

watching other dramas, which led to liking the taiwanese band 'Fahrenheit' [<3], and now,

somehow, im into Kpop. xDDD

[not that im complaining, of course. ;o <3]

xD.

Guest jess9450

ahaha

Super Junior Fullhouse is responsible for this...although admittedly I liked them more for their personalities they showed on the show than for their music, but after listening to it I though it was pretty good too.

I don't even remember how I started liking DBSK - I think it was after watching one of their Banjun dramas and then searching for more shows that they were on - but again I like their personalities before I liked their music.

Other Kpop artists - mainly from my Korean friends who would listen to them too...

Guest JambaJuice

My cousins and older brother use to listen to Baby VOX, H.O.T, Koyote, and Shinhwa back in the late 90s and early 2000s.

(: I couldn't get enough since then.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yamori-chan

Well I think it came right after I started listenning to Jpop, since some korean artists crossover. Can't speak korean but I'm working on that. I still have to go on with the translations (thanks everybody).

Guest tofu plushie

I am Chinese but, I didn't get into Asian music until I started watching some of BoA's music videos but, eventually I forgot about her than 2 years ago I started listening to Jay Chou and than I was really into Cpop for awhile. I rediscovered Kpop through Big Bang when I heard their songs 'Lies' and when I saw the music video and fell in with TOP, lol. Than I gradually became a huge Kpop fan.

Guest myname_boa_betheone

NO.1 from BoA-my first and only love that endures until now and shinhwa, baby v.o.x... but now i'm not really into kpop anymore.

Now i love jpop more and more :BoA, namie amuro, utada hikaru, ayumi, ai otsuka, koda kumi....

I'm chinese, and I love korean music.

a friend of mines was looking for christmas songs2 yrs back, and then she discovered a christmas song by DBSK. [forgot the name. ><] she showed me the song, and then I was like, who's in sung by ? but she didn't know, cause there wasn't a title. so I looked in the tags, and it said tvxq, so I looked them up. then ... ta-da, I fell in love with korean music. [x

Guest Thefriendlywolf

I got into it... but I can't remember exactly how... funny thing, this thread made me think about it.

But! I think it started with Pokemon xDD I got Pokemon Yellow for Christmas, and I was stuck on the first bit, because I didn't know I could press 'A' on the pokeball, so I kept restarting every day xDD Then I started watching the anime:~ And got into anime. Then manga, then Asian dramas... then I got into Asian moosic <3

I got into Asian music from my brother & my friends.

My brother was more into Japanese music while my

friends were the Kpop fans. So, I eventually checked

out some Japanese & Korean music & I'm in love with it <3

Archived