The Official Piercing Thread

Guest liimegreeen

Guest dying1004

thanks for your answer, liimegreeen =]

i have another. haha i wash my body with body wash. should i just use soap bars around my belly area? or is the body wash fine? i try not to get my loofah/sponge near the piercing either way

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DongBangBoys

ooh, congrats!

a labret (example) or plug (this is what i have in mine!) is best for it :]

Thanks!

OMG the plug looks SO cute but they seem very thick..oh wait I see a 14g. So do they have these like at hot topic or is it better to order it online?

Thanks for answering my questions =)

Guest liimegreeen

thanks for your answer, liimegreeen =]

i have another. haha i wash my body with body wash. should i just use soap bars around my belly area? or is the body wash fine? i try not to get my loofah/sponge near the piercing either way

i'd really suggest using one of the soaps recommended in post #1 for washing around your belly area. just to be safe :]

Thanks!

OMG the plug looks SO cute but they seem very thick..oh wait I see a 14g. So do they have these like at hot topic or is it better to order it online?

Thanks for answering my questions =)

i really suggest ordering online from body art forms :] they have a really amazing selection. i don't have anything against hot topic jewelry, but it is generally of lower quality than what body art forms has and i don't particularly like the prices. at BAF, you seriously are paying for the quality, and nothing more. plus i've never has an order from them take more than 3 days to arrive ^^

Guest DongBangBoys

i really suggest ordering online from body art forms :] they have a really amazing selection. i don't have anything against hot topic jewelry, but it is generally of lower quality than what body art forms has and i don't particularly like the prices. at BAF, you seriously are paying for the quality, and nothing more. plus i've never has an order from them take more than 3 days to arrive ^^

Yeah I was thinking that too, not only that Hot Topic doesn't have a lot of variety. I just like seeing in my hand what I'm buying instead of buying it online to see if it will fit my tiny ear or not but I guess it's better to do it this way~ Thanks for the links!!

Guest xquisite_

My cartilage (helix) piercing is swelling up and it's quite painful.

It's only been a week since I got it pierced and I've been careful not to sleep on it.

There are no traces of blood or abnormally coloured puss coming from the piercing when I clean it.

My question is - when I clean my piercing should I even attempt to rotate the ring?

Because it's excruciatingly painful when I try to rotate it.

Guest aiwae

this is such a newbie question...but i want to get my ears pierced this summer, however i want to do it at a safe clean place. i live in toronto and i was just wondering where you all got your ears pierced? thanks : ) and how much it was etc. would be good to know

Guest liimegreeen

My cartilage (helix) piercing is swelling up and it's quite painful.

It's only been a week since I got it pierced and I've been careful not to sleep on it.

There are no traces of blood or abnormally coloured puss coming from the piercing when I clean it.

My question is - when I clean my piercing should I even attempt to rotate the ring?

Because it's excruciatingly painful when I try to rotate it.

sometimes helix piercings can be really tender and sore during the first while after you get pierced :/

rotating your jewelry is COMPLETELY unnecessary...it hurts to rotate it because it tearing apart healthy skin and scab growth inside your piercing! just leave it be while you soak it and clean it off very gently when you are done :]

this is such a newbie question...but i want to get my ears pierced this summer, however i want to do it at a safe clean place. i live in toronto and i was just wondering where you all got your ears pierced? thanks : ) and how much it was etc. would be good to know

from post #1:

Q: How do I find a safe piercer/know if my piercer is safe?

A: I highly recommend using http://safepiercing.org to locate an APP certified piercer in your area. The APP is an international association dedicated to the spreading of vital health and safety info related to body piercing, piercers, health care providers and the general public. If a piercer is recommended by the APP, you can trust that they are top-of-the-barrel. However, if you would rather use a piercer that is not certified by the Association of Professional Piercers, just make sure that it follows these safety guidelines.

:]

Guest suahSEEyu

n1520070483_30292569_4667.jpg

i got my conch pierced :D

loveeee it to death

didnt hurt at all either... i was SO surprised.. haha

sucks when i got to sleep though.. cus the ring is in such a weird position .. so when i lay on it i think it kinda bends my ear so it gets sore :[

Guest Autumn1430263885

my friend second pierced my ear with a needle,, and recently, the right one started bleeding badly, so i took it out, and forgot to put it back in,,,and now it's like healed up and bumpy...lumpy -_- <---n i don't really think i want to heal like that...cause it feels kinda gross. like a lump stuck. -ahem

Guest xpuckkerr

jeez, how did you guys convince your parents to let you do that? T___T my mom wont let me get any more piercings unless i have a good reason to. i only have the normal two holes on the normal two spots on ears. ):

Guest yourface

Today I went to check out the prices for the Industrial piercing and just to speak to the piercer about whether they could use my second mid-helix hole instead of another one. And basically the prices were this $50, $60 and then....

*drum rolls*

$110. *note that it's from all different places.

And the piercer said that there was no way they'd use my already mid-helix hole because it's not the right angle and such.

And i just wanted to share it because $110 FOR A PIERCING? WTH? I'd rather just leave it for my future tattoo --"

Guest liimegreeen

my friend second pierced my ear with a needle,, and recently, the right one started bleeding badly, so i took it out, and forgot to put it back in,,,and now it's like healed up and bumpy...lumpy -_- <---n i don't really think i want to heal like that...cause it feels kinda gross. like a lump stuck. -ahem

i'm not surprised since you had a non-professional do it with unprofessional equipment 0_0

Today I went to check out the prices for the Industrial piercing and just to speak to the piercer about whether they could use my second mid-helix hole instead of another one. And basically the prices were this $50, $60 and then....

*drum rolls*

$110. *note that it's from all different places.

And the piercer said that there was no way they'd use my already mid-helix hole because it's not the right angle and such.

And i just wanted to share it because $110 FOR A PIERCING? WTH? I'd rather just leave it for my future tattoo --"

wow, $110 for JUST the piercing fee? that's insane...i think the most i spent for a piercing was $105 INCLUDING a solid gold ring :/

jeez, how did you guys convince your parents to let you do that? T___T my mom wont let me get any more piercings unless i have a good reason to. i only have the normal two holes on the normal two spots on ears. ):

haha well i didn't start piercing till i was over 18 ^^ because my parents would NEVER give consent to all the piercings i have

Guest liimegreeen

what would happen if i didnt wash off the sea salt after soaking? lol im just wondering =]

over time, the residue left can be really irritating and way dry out your skin.

Guest whazzup101

hmmm, i have a question.

i pierced my cartilage by myself about six months ago.

i did a poor job taking care of it and left the butterfly on wayyy too tight for the first month.

took out the earing, and the whole ear was swollen and the tip of the ear was formed really weird.

now to this day, there is a boney bump on the ridge of my ear next to the piercing. also there's a fluidy bump where the piercing is and if used to squeeze it hard enough to get out the fluid and blood.

now my whole left ear is pretty thick, seems thicker than my right and also seems if there is some layer of fluid inside my ear making it feel thicker. ear doesn't hurt much at all and i also gaged it awhile back which was a bad idea cuz blood squirted out as shoved the earing in.

i just want to know if there's any type of treatment that can help me besides the salt method.

i'm going to the doctors next week for a check up and physical for college and i'll probably ask my doctor my situation also.

i seriously feel like getting a knife and ripping the bump off my ear. you can't notice it if your looking at it, but if you touch it and kind of rub it, you can feel a major difference.

Guest liimegreeen

hmmm, i have a question.

i pierced my cartilage by myself about six months ago.

i did a poor job taking care of it and left the butterfly on wayyy too tight for the first month.

took out the earing, and the whole ear was swollen and the tip of the ear was formed really weird.

now to this day, there is a boney bump on the ridge of my ear next to the piercing. also there's a fluidy bump where the piercing is and if used to squeeze it hard enough to get out the fluid and blood.

now my whole left ear is pretty thick, seems thicker than my right and also seems if there is some layer of fluid inside my ear making it feel thicker. ear doesn't hurt much at all and i also gaged it awhile back which was a bad idea cuz blood squirted out as shoved the earing in.

i just want to know if there's any type of treatment that can help me besides the salt method.

i'm going to the doctors next week for a check up and physical for college and i'll probably ask my doctor my situation also.

i seriously feel like getting a knife and ripping the bump off my ear. you can't notice it if your looking at it, but if you touch it and kind of rub it, you can feel a major difference.

first of all, in the future, please do your research and act responsibly when you get pierced and stretch your piercings. it may seem trivial at the time, but you can easily end up contracting a disease and mutilating yourself. i cannot really give you solid advice on what to do about your ear besides going to the doctor, since what you've done to your body is more of a medical condition and not under my expertise of piercing. and i'm not a doctor :/

Guest x.yoru

I went to the nearest superstore to look for sea salt, and all I saw was dead sea salt.

o_O

Would that work?

&& also, I don't have any high quality gold earrings to put in while I'm letting my infection heal, and I don't know what to wear because none of my earrings are gold. :T

Guest liimegreeen

I went to the nearest superstore to look for sea salt, and all I saw was dead sea salt.

o_O

Would that work?

&& also, I don't have any high quality gold earrings to put in while I'm letting my infection heal, and I don't know what to wear because none of my earrings are gold. :T

i'm pretty sure dead sea salt has additional minerals in it :/

try a health food store? it shouldn't be too hard to find sea salt, it's a reasonably common cooking ingredient.

i would suggest investing in some hypoallergenic jewelry, but you don't have to. it's just an additional safety measure.

Guest spork

left_ear_4-4-08.jpg

right_ear_4-4-08.jpg

right_ear_2_4-4-08.jpg

muhahaha my new babies~

Industrial, both traguses and my left conch for $130. :D piercer gave me a $25 discount. :D nice.

Conch did NOT hurt at all. Traguses hurt when the needle went through, but the pain didn't last long. My industrial didn't hurt that much when the needle went through, but hurt/itches after the jewlery went through. :(

My boyfriend says my left ear looks like a happy face. lol. I felt sorry for his poor hand I was holding.

And lol I wanted two more because the piercer said that the most he every pierced on a person at once was 6, so... I wanted to beat that. :lol:

Archived