The Official Piercing Thread

Guest liimegreeen

Guest liimegreeen

So i went to a new place today and they were SO NICE! I told the piercer guy my whole story and he was like wtf? screw her! She doesn't know what she's doing! He's like she should have bent it so it wouldn't have rubbed against your ear or done it over for free. So he asked me if I wanted to get it bent but I just said I wanted it all repierced again. He was like no prob! But I have to wait a month until I go back there T__T He took it out for me and even gave me a cleaning kit for free! The other place didn't even give me anything. And he was hot, lmao, yep! I can't wait to get other stuff pierced from him, they were so nice!

I feel naked without it now =/ lol but it's for the better.

oh that's very good to hear ^^

i posted in the other thread but i guess this ones the more active one now

anywaysss so i was wondering...

are plastic earrings bad? it seems like plastic is the only that that i can wear without

having this watery stuff come out of the hole

but its weird cause before i could wear any type of metal but now its just plastic and sterling silver maybe gold too i havent tried

but not even surgical steel -_-x

at first i only wore plastic to stretch out the piercing a little but now -_-x ughh hahaha

ive had a plastic in my cartilage piercing for a long while now... should i switch it?

so much explanation for 2 questions o.O sorry.

plastic (acrylic)isn't good to wear in piercings for more than a couple hours at a time, and not AT ALL in fresh piercings. it will emit toxins into your bloodstream. good substitutions for acrylic would be polytetrafluoroethylene (aka PTFE, teflon), glass, silicone, bioplast, titanium, or implant grade steel.

sterling silver isn't good to wear if you have sensitive skin because, like surgical steel, it contains nickel and will tarnish over time.

and it isn't weird at all that your skin sensitivity has changed, this happens all the time.

what type of earrings are best to be worn for the tragus and cartilage?

studs, labrets, or anything with a straight back (for long-term wear)

rings, curved barbells, or circular barbells (best only for short-term wear or wear in a FULLY healed piercing)

oh crap, i just got my cartilage pierced and i accidentally took it out and shoved it back in...im trying to super clean my ears now but will i get it infectedd T_T i did sort of touch the earring ahh!!!!!! and my ear is really red&hurting now :/

just don't touch it or over-clean it ><" follow the cleaning care instructions in the first post and you should be ok!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ap602

plastic (acrylic)isn't good to wear in piercings for more than a couple hours at a time, and not AT ALL in fresh piercings. it will emit toxins into your bloodstream. good substitutions for acrylic would be polytetrafluoroethylene (aka PTFE, teflon), glass, silicone, bioplast, titanium, or implant grade steel.

sterling silver isn't good to wear if you have sensitive skin because, like surgical steel, it contains nickel and will tarnish over time.

and it isn't weird at all that your skin sensitivity has changed, this happens all the time.

thanks for answering my questions (:

but how can i check whether my earrings are acrylic or not?

Guest kyungxah

hey for all you ones with a tragus piercing!

i was thinking about getting this done for quite awhile but i have some questions...

1. how does this piercing process go? what do they use?

2. can i use ear phones to listen to music (the ones that go in the ear)

3. and how much is it? (from the eastcoast in us)

Guest nanax3

kyungxah-

1) steril needle, clamp, etc. same as any other piercing

2) this was kind of annoying. everytime i put the headphone in (with a stud in), it would fall out, so for the longest time i just used one headphone (on the ear without the piercing). although when i have a ring in, the headphone usually stays.

3) i payed like $25.

Guest liimegreeen

hey for all you ones with a tragus piercing!

i was thinking about getting this done for quite awhile but i have some questions...

1. how does this piercing process go? what do they use?

2. can i use ear phones to listen to music (the ones that go in the ear)

3. and how much is it? (from the eastcoast in us)

1. a 16g needle, occasionally a clamp (but not always).

2. if you wear a labret short enough to fit your piercing, you won't even notice it when you put in earphones.

3. the piercing fee ranges anywhere from $15-$50 (from what i've seen), and jewelry prices are obviously all over the place.

thanks for answering my questions (:

but how can i check whether my earrings are acrylic or not?

you can probably just assume they are acrylic since it is very hard to find silicone, bioplast, and ptfe...you usually have to buy them online.

Guest dying1004

i just got my naval pierced! 62 bucks =]

should i clean it with the sea salt now? or before i go to bed? or what?

when's the best time to soak it? i only shower once a day, and the guy recommended to soak it twice a day

Guest liimegreeen

i just got my naval pierced! 62 bucks =]

should i clean it with the sea salt now? or before i go to bed? or what?

when's the best time to soak it? i only shower once a day, and the guy recommended to soak it twice a day

don't worry about cleaning it till tomorrow :]

and yes, soak it twice a day. soak it once before you shower and then in the shower rinse it off with a gentle soap. then soak it again at another time and try your best to rinse it off.

Guest antagonist

n612012773_760411_4543.jpg

hah sorry for the bright random picture, only one i have for now .

$30, done on sunday .

the whole process was simple & pain free .

no bleeding & i had perfect speech at first .

today it was a bit swollen & i had a slight lisp with a bit of pus .

its all good though, sucks when you get hungry . (:

I have a question.

I perced my belly several times in the past by myself but i never left it in.

So now about hmmm i think its been two years. I Have a scar (possibly keloid?) It s a bit darker than my skin color and its a raised scar On my belly button. I was thinking, there's no way to make it go away since ive tried everything. (Mederma, scar patches) I was wondering if I am able to get it pierced professionally w/o it going horribly wrong?

Guest liimegreeen

hah sorry for the bright random picture, only one i have for now .

$30, done on sunday .

the whole process was simple & pain free .

no bleeding & i had perfect speech at first .

today it was a bit swollen & i had a slight lisp with a bit of pus .

its all good though, sucks when you get hungry . (:

CUTE! love it :]

I have a question.

I perced my belly several times in the past by myself but i never left it in.

So now about hmmm i think its been two years. I Have a scar (possibly keloid?) It s a bit darker than my skin color and its a raised scar On my belly button. I was thinking, there's no way to make it go away since ive tried everything. (Mederma, scar patches) I was wondering if I am able to get it pierced professionally w/o it going horribly wrong?

you would have to go visit a professional piercer in order to know, because it depends how much scar build-up there is inside.

i HIGHLY doubt you have a keloid since keloids are rare, large, horrendous growths. it's probably just a lump of scarring from where you pierced yourself :/

Guest flyxme.

studs, labrets, or anything with a straight back (for long-term wear)

rings, curved barbells, or circular barbells (best only for short-term wear or wear in a FULLY healed piercing)

thanks! :]

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v193/244/61/612012773/n612012773_760411_4543.jpg

thats a hot piercing lol ;]

Guest alicimoo

don't pop it. seriously. when you get an infection, DON'T TOUCH IT OR MESS WITH IT. just do sea salt soaks twice a day and cleanse with gentle soap afterwards.

the only reasons i can imagine that you would be getting repeated infections is that you may be having a reaction to the jewelry you are wearing, you may not be cleaning it, or you may touch/play with it with dirty hands. to prevent future infections, remember to clean your piercing from time to time (even though it's healed!) and make sure you are wearing high-quality jewelry. if you wear gold, titanium, niobium, or implant grade steel AND keep your piercing clean, i can 99.999% guarantee you that you won't get infections.

If I don't pop it, what will happen to all the pus in the ball? o_o It'll just stay there. Once I left it and thought it would heal, but it just stayed there. xD

Yea it's probably cuz I play with it sometimes. =/

I sleep with it sometimes and it gets infected. Are you not allowed to sleep with earrings on? o_o Cuz with the lobes there is no problem, but with the cartilage, if I sleep with it on for one night, it gets a bit swollen the next day.

Guest liimegreeen

If I don't pop it, what will happen to all the pus in the ball? o_o It'll just stay there. Once I left it and thought it would heal, but it just stayed there. xD

Yea it's probably cuz I play with it sometimes. =/

I sleep with it sometimes and it gets infected. Are you not allowed to sleep with earrings on? o_o Cuz with the lobes there is no problem, but with the cartilage, if I sleep with it on for one night, it gets a bit swollen the next day.

that is the reason for doing sea salt soaks twice a day...it drains any fluid/discharge that is in your piercing.

definitely sleep with your jewelry in, but try your best not to sleep on that side or lay on that ear as gently as possible.

it really sounds like you may be having a reaction to your jewelry as well..

Guest DongBangBoys

Hello it's me again~

I had another question.

I recently got my conch and I was wondering what jewerly is best used for it? I want to find a stud to keep in my ear. Do they have those?

Guest liimegreeen

^ here's a chart for you gaugers.

kcneoy.gif

this chart is wayyyy too large...according to it, my 4g plugs are only 8g lol!

Hello it's me again~

I had another question.

I recently got my conch and I was wondering what jewerly is best used for it? I want to find a stud to keep in my ear. Do they have those?

ooh, congrats!

a labret (example) or plug (this is what i have in mine!) is best for it :]

Archived