The Official Piercing Thread

Guest liimegreeen

Guest DongBangBoys

if they are truly professional, they WILL re-do it for free. a good piercer will accept his/her mistake and want to fix it for you so that you are satisfied.

i tend to think that your piercer ISN'T that good from the job they did, but hopefully they will still act maturely and professionally about it.

Thank you I SO hope so. I hope she's not like, it will heal or something and not do it. T___T I should bring in pictures just in case and show her the difference. plus my ear is SO TINY and I even asked her when she did it, like UM isn't that a freakin huge bar? she's like it has to be long so it can swell..so I was like um okay. So I guess I WAS right in a sense? LOL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pepprmint

ok...so i have a *few* questions

are there any swimmers here who have navel piercings??????

if so, then i got questions for you!! (ok, so you dont have to be a swimmer, but maybe youd know....)

- since swimming requires a lot of bending/movement, was it hard to swim when you first got it? did you even?

- ^in other words, when you first get it, does it hurt to twist and turn, stretch, etc?

- does it show very apparently through a swimsuit?

i ask because no one can know if i ever get it done. noo one. its not for anyone to see, but myself ^_^ and i swim often, every week, so i dont know if i would have to change a whole routine if anything.....

Guest liimegreeen

if so, then i got questions for you!! (ok, so you dont have to be a swimmer, but maybe youd know....)

- since swimming requires a lot of bending/movement, was it hard to swim when you first got it? did you even?

- ^in other words, when you first get it, does it hurt to twist and turn, stretch, etc?

i ask because no one can know if i ever get it done. noo one. its not for anyone to see, but myself ^_^ and i swim often, every week, so i dont know if i would have to change a whole routine if anything.....

i'm not a swimmer, but i can tell you that you probably wouldn't want to wear a one-piece bathing suit for a while. fresh navel piercings require you to not wear tight, confining clothing over it for a while. also, always clean your piercing when you get out of the water. public pools are especially nasty germ breeding zones. consider using a water-tight wound covering such as tegaderm or clean seals, available at your pharmacy.

navel rings do show a bit through tight clothing/bathing suits, but it's easy to tell that it's just jewelry :]

Guest DongBangBoys

Okay so I called today and she basically talked me out of it, which I'm so angry at T__T she said that since my ear is different it's supposed to look that way and she said if I truly wanted to repierce it then I have still pay but I get 20 dollars off. WHAT A RIP OFF, Like if it is wrong, I don't want to go back to her.

But you're the expert as well so I took a picture and can you tell me if it looks wrong?

032808224031.jpg

She also said nothing looked wrong when you could clearly see my cut when she changed out my bar. -shrugs- It does look like it's getting better but ya know~

Thanks!

Guest addickshun

^ they should repierce for free of charge :x

it looks okay but somehow it seems weird?!

i'm a swimmer with navel piercing :)

when i first got mine i stopped swimming for 2 weeks

the first 2 weeks of a piercing is the most essential, that's why

i resumed back but i swam slowl and gentle breaststrokes.

swimsuit? it'd be better if you wear a bikini

that way when you swim the bikini wouldn't add more irritation

plus the whole point of navel piercing is to show it off ;3

unless if your parents don't know about it, then it's a different story.

Guest liimegreeen

addicksun, i still want to see pics of your stretches!!

Okay so I called today and she basically talked me out of it, which I'm so angry at T__T she said that since my ear is different it's supposed to look that way and she said if I truly wanted to repierce it then I have still pay but I get 20 dollars off. WHAT A RIP OFF, Like if it is wrong, I don't want to go back to her.

But you're the expert as well so I took a picture and can you tell me if it looks wrong?

]

She also said nothing looked wrong when you could clearly see my cut when she changed out my bar. -shrugs- It does look like it's getting better but ya know~

Thanks!

that's really f*cked up of her to say that...you should NOT have a sore like that on your ear from the bar!

if it's getting better, that's awesome and i'm happy for you!

if it doesn't go away very soon though, you should really go to a good piercer and get it looked at...you'll have to pay if they decide it needs to be re-pierced, but honestly it's worth the money to have a perfect piercing ><"

Guest kawaii_koju

Ok so i wanna get my belly button and nipples pierced but i'm wondering about the pain factor of both i know it's different for everybody but i would just like to know what it felt like for other people

i already have fake nipple rings that are really really good ones from a "sex stuff" shop lol but i kinda want the real thing

the only other piercing i have are my ear lobs and i didn't have any problem with them

Thanks (*^.^*)

Guest DongBangBoys

that's really f*cked up of her to say that...you should NOT have a sore like that on your ear from the bar!

if it's getting better, that's awesome and i'm happy for you!

if it doesn't go away very soon though, you should really go to a good piercer and get it looked at...you'll have to pay if they decide it needs to be re-pierced, but honestly it's worth the money to have a perfect piercing ><"

I KNOW RIGHT? I actually already called someone who is known around my city and they were SO NICE, they were like come in so we can look at it and possibly make it really cheap for you in case we have to repierce it. I was like OMG yall are the best.

Thanks for helping =D

Guest Kyunjae

I have 3 piercing on my left earlobe, but I want more! D:

Here's I want: 2 more on my left earlobe, then 4 on my right. I also want my left tragus pierced and a couple of piercings in my upper cartlidge on either ear.

Guest addickshun

liimegreeen! it's in my 411 ages ago o__o"

it's healing great and i'm really happy

thanks again for your gauging info earlier!

i have a problem here too! so shameful

the bottom hole of my navel piercing looks like something is coming out of it :x

it's not painful or red or swelling, it might be hypergranulation? i don't know

i'm assuming is the jewellery? maybe it's getting rusty?

cuz' i've had that barbell in ever since i got it pierced which was 4 months ago T__T

i really need to get out there and buy new ones. i'm so lazy these days.

Ok so i wanna get my belly button and nipples pierced but i'm wondering about the pain factor of both i know it's different for everybody but i would just like to know what it felt like for other people

i already have fake nipple rings that are really really good ones from a "sex stuff" shop lol but i kinda want the real thing

the only other piercing i have are my ear lobs and i didn't have any problem with them

Thanks (*^.^*)

for me i have a navel piercing but not a nipple

it didn't really hurt that much. i barely felt anything :x

remember to take care of them after you got pierced!

good luck :)

ps. thanks liimegreeen again<3

Guest liimegreeen

I KNOW RIGHT? I actually already called someone who is known around my city and they were SO NICE, they were like come in so we can look at it and possibly make it really cheap for you in case we have to repierce it. I was like OMG yall are the best.

Thanks for helping =D

wow that's amazing...come back and let us know how it all goes!

liimegreeen! it's in my 411 ages ago o__o"

it's healing great and i'm really happy

thanks again for your gauging info earlier!

i have a problem here too! so shameful

the bottom hole of my navel piercing looks like something is coming out of it :x

it's not painful or red or swelling, it might be hypergranulation? i don't know

i'm assuming is the jewellery? maybe it's getting rusty?

cuz' i've had that barbell in ever since i got it pierced which was 4 months ago T__T

i really need to get out there and buy new ones. i'm so lazy these days.

ohhh, i thought you were going to post pics HERE! i forgot about your 411 >< it looks really cute though! i like your ear jewelry, it's really wild and funky. matching is so over-rated :] :]

it's probably just scarring on your belly button. since you aren't healed yet, i wouldn't be too worried as it may well just go down on its own when some more time has passed. if you don't already, try massaging/cleansing the piercing while you're in the shower with a nice, gentle soap and move the jewelry around. this may help clear up any minor irritation that is going on :]

Thanks (*^.^*)

i don't have my nipples pierced (i want them though!) but i have my belly button done.

the belly button is a really good choice for your first "real" piercing. it didn't hurt me much and most people tend to say the same thing.

if i were you, i would hold off on the nipples for a while and get the navel piercing first...nipples piercings are definitely regarded as one of the more painful piercings and they have a fairly long and high-maintenance healing process. i don't want to scare you from getting them, but you definitely need to be of the frame of mind where pain and discomfort are not hinderances for you. and you have to have the whole aftercare thing DOWN. as i said, i'd recommend you maybe getting them later on ^^

Guest Big_Bang

I just got another piercing on my earlobe today.

And I was just wondering if there are any particular foods

I should stay clear of? For example, my friend told me not

to eat seafood...is this right ? Or ...

Sorry, for a silly question XD

Guest rycekrispies1212

What is the ratio of tea tree oil to water to get a diluted tea tree oil solution appropriate for bumps?

Guest alicimoo

I've had my cartilage piercing for more than a year (like a year and a half) and it's still getting infected at times. -________-"

So it gets infected, it forms like a ball of pus at the back of the piercing..because it has no where to go? Ugh. And it's so huge, and the only way I can get rid of it is to pop it and drain the pus. It's already happened to me 4 times. Does this happen to anyone else?

Guest liimegreeen

I've had my cartilage piercing for more than a year (like a year and a half) and it's still getting infected at times. -________-"

So it gets infected, it forms like a ball of pus at the back of the piercing..because it has no where to go? Ugh. And it's so huge, and the only way I can get rid of it is to pop it and drain the pus. It's already happened to me 4 times. Does this happen to anyone else?

don't pop it. seriously. when you get an infection, DON'T TOUCH IT OR MESS WITH IT. just do sea salt soaks twice a day and cleanse with gentle soap afterwards.

the only reasons i can imagine that you would be getting repeated infections is that you may be having a reaction to the jewelry you are wearing, you may not be cleaning it, or you may touch/play with it with dirty hands. to prevent future infections, remember to clean your piercing from time to time (even though it's healed!) and make sure you are wearing high-quality jewelry. if you wear gold, titanium, niobium, or implant grade steel AND keep your piercing clean, i can 99.999% guarantee you that you won't get infections.

Guest DongBangBoys

So i went to a new place today and they were SO NICE! I told the piercer guy my whole story and he was like wtf? screw her! She doesn't know what she's doing! He's like she should have bent it so it wouldn't have rubbed against your ear or done it over for free. So he asked me if I wanted to get it bent but I just said I wanted it all repierced again. He was like no prob! But I have to wait a month until I go back there T__T He took it out for me and even gave me a cleaning kit for free! The other place didn't even give me anything. And he was hot, lmao, yep! I can't wait to get other stuff pierced from him, they were so nice!

I feel naked without it now =/ lol but it's for the better.

Guest ap602

i posted in the other thread but i guess this ones the more active one now

anywaysss so i was wondering...

are plastic earrings bad? it seems like plastic is the only that that i can wear without

having this watery stuff come out of the hole

but its weird cause before i could wear any type of metal but now its just plastic and sterling silver maybe gold too i havent tried

but not even surgical steel -_-x

at first i only wore plastic to stretch out the piercing a little but now -_-x ughh hahaha

ive had a plastic in my cartilage piercing for a long while now... should i switch it?

so much explanation for 2 questions o.O sorry.

Guest flyaway

oh crap, i just got my cartilage pierced and i accidentally took it out and shoved it back in...im trying to super clean my ears now but will i get it infectedd T_T i did sort of touch the earring ahh!!!!!! and my ear is really red&hurting now :/

Archived