[phil. Drama] Lobo (wolf)

Guest imogene_af

^

I think the age bracket is what was sooo wrong in this drama and the one ultimate flaw. It was LEON who aged and everyone else didn't among the older ones. Agot as Nessa is still the same. Maritoni as Dr. Lee still the same. Irma Adlawan still the same. Shaina Magdayao still looks like she should be playing with Barney rather than being a spy... oh wait that's a different story. Sheryl to Pilar is justifiable since she's in the lola generation.

I heard there was a problem with casting Leon for a while. Christian to Dante Rivero was just ODD.

You're right, I forgot about Agot...but didn't realize about the others...I sorta missed an episode or two :phew:

I wish I could have done that but I was so starstruck to even say much. Maybe next time. :D

My cousin was so funny. She sent me a text message this morning just to make sure that I was watching Lobo and that I watched last night's episode because she said she was so "kilig". Gah, "kilig" should have an English counterpart. :lol: Other words pale in comparison to what it really is watching this drama. She went to say that scenes of Piolo like these are really "kilig". I must add that she is a mother of 4, two of whom are in college. Its so cute that Lobo is able to stir such emotions in people - male or female; young and old. *sigh*

Your cousin's funny :lol: I thought she's a teenager or something...but I totally can see that, I have an aunt who gets "kilig" for romantic scenes like that :)

Angel_wings88 & Imogene_af: thanks both for the banner.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imogene_af

Edited to add: KAAAAY I love your banners!

...I always watch this, its very interesting fantasy-drama ata to di ba?,, If Im not mistaken this is from the comic newspaper or something?...

..its very interesting coz she's the HULING BANTAY?...so that means she's the powerful "lobo"

I believe it's not from a comic but an old story by a student from University of the Philippines, he did it during a school workshop turned it in to ABS almost 10 years ago, and the roles of Noah and Lyka have been screen tested and given to different actors and actresses. But ABS believes none of them really fit the role so they keep postponing it.

When Angel Locsin moved to the said station they decided they had their Lyka, and because Piolo Pascual is her constant partner in her bajillion commercials they chose him but they asked him to beef up for the role. And there ya go, the most amazing chemistry in years.

OT: Did y'all see Angel Locsin's Cosmo cover. I am so jeluz of her itty bitty waist and her...err... asset.

GOOD NEWS too! Piolo and Angel will have a movie. And I don't know why I got soooo excited hearing that. HAHAHA. They're spoiling me.

---

“What? That Was It?”

LOBO Review: February 22, 2008

Tonight’s LOBO episode seems like a baby tidal wave compared to a crashing whirl of an emotional tsunami. This week every episode seemed to build up the momentum of the story arc of the Lobo myth and the Lyka-Noah/Ulay-Jayjay love story… tonight, though, I appreciate the character arc BUT they must realize for a Friday episode the level of anticipation should be brought to the maximum not just this steady state. However, I do appreciate how they still manage to tell the story and push the complexity of the characters. I just hoped for the same level of sensation that they have showed for the past four days.

In the story Lyka is in a confused state with the way Noah treats her, well… how the hell can you blame her? First he was a snobbish b@st@rd. Then, he kissed her. Then, he told her it had no meaning. Then, he follows her around like an action hero she dreaded. Then, she pushes her away. Then, he wants to be friends. Then, still spies on her. Then, now he is feeding her a tuna sandwich and holding hands with her. Lyka, baby, this is around the time you need to slap the sexy foine specimen again. That can drive any woman crazy, and we all know how insane Lyka already is!

But how can one resist a piercing stare and a boyish smile like Noah’s? He is already giving her strong hints that he is the Jay-Jay. The young boy always drew Ulay every time they are alone … when Noah does this he looked like the same little boy back in that small province in San Adolfo. I don’t know how Piolo Pascual gets to have the eyes of a 10 year old boy when he needs to do it; does he drink some ritual rooster blood or something to get his acting to be top-notch?

2ld7trs.jpg

When Lyka told Noah that he was nothing like Jayjay the way his face went from glee to like a kid deprived of candy was just adorable and heartbreaking. Also, Angel Locsin’s deadpan delivery of the line to her sudden albeit hilarious way of saying, “sorry! Nahurt ka!”

The episode also was a bit dialogue driven… sometimes a little too much! Though, I appreciate the character fleshing out of both of our protagonists the scene where Noah watched Lyka from afar through his security camera was waaaaay too long. Attention spans are crucial, the narrative is beautiful but they have to be aware that they are still grabbing the audience attention. This is after all only a half an hour drama. Having just a back and forth of the still camera in a TV show does not work.

With that said it’s the little moments that had a lasting impact in this episode, the scene wherein Lyka was telling Jayjay how much Noah is both bothering her but also making her heart thud nonstop … then we were in for a surprise that made me bite my pillow once again. On the side of the screen we see Noah in a hot, hot, hot white shirt (I prefer shirtless… or wet… or shirtless) peek outside to watch her in her night window. He watched her in his motorcycle underneath the night post, promising her he never lost her in his mind and heart. It was a beautiful scene of parallelisms and longing. It was much better than the dialogue driven scene in the security room later.

mv11lh.jpg

And the scene that went directly after this when Lyka wished that when she opens her door tomorrow morning that she will see Jayjay. When she hurriedly opened the gate next morning it was a smiling Noah who greeted her. What a charming scene.

My most favorite though does not necessarily involve our soon-to-be lovers, but Lyka and her best friend (tagapangalaga) Trixie. Sorry the Whitney Houston references added with FPJ and Bong Revilla Bodyguard movies had me laughing uncontrollably. Dimples Romana has an uncontrived knack for comedy, when she was holding Lyka’s hand telling her that bodyguards don’t hold hands with their clients was just nothing short of hysterical… not her but ME. I always thought Lyka was the funny one, I guess Trixie is as capable too especially if Lyka is clueless about the stages of male-female courtship.

2hzrdxs.jpg

What Angel Locsin pulled off in this scene was her sudden change of emotions when she told Trixie she cannot presume things with her and Noah, then she recollects how much he hurt her before with the kiss with no meaning. She was delivering the line like a joke once again but you can see it in her eyes that she still is very heartbroken.

This episode is also a way for our two supporting characters to shine… specifically Gabby and Anton.

I am guessing Shaina Magdayao despite being a clear miscast is doing something right in her role because I am Definitely. Annoyed. With. Gabby. I just want to tell her to go play with her Barney collection than be a spy and infiltrate on her partner’s infatuations with a crazy (but cute!) girl. I half-wished Lyka change her skin right now and have part of her million lobos eat Gabby… uhm… ok, fine, harsh.

flc7ie.jpg

She did well in the jogging scene with Piolo Pascual. Piolo, to his credit has played a different Noah now, one always having contained happiness and excitement. The scene when he was jogging back and forth to Gabby was just so natural as if I am seeing a guy I knew who is controlling his gaiety over a girl.

Gabby is brewing, and I’m actually more scared of her than Anton. She seems to be the type who will be sneaky as hell on her attack. Anton seems to be someone who is fighting himself within, Gabby feels she is saving Noah. That’s more bothersome for me.

s3zjpx.jpg

Ryan Eigenmann plays Anton once again as a sympathetic antagonist (I will not call him a villain, I believe he is not). Even though some of his motives are so icky… being in love with his “sister” Lyka and all, his desperation to fight his inner self even experimenting on himself shows how he is still a good guy. I just believe dealing with Dr. Lee and her cohorts will be his last push to the dark side. ZOMG Star Wars reference!

Other good things in this episode are the blocking that sort of “emphasized” the cinematography. Their effects also are simple but does not distract from the story, when Dr. Lee closed the glass vault containing Nessa’s reflection? Didyanoticethat? Bet you didn’t! hahaha.

Overall, it is still an episode that delivered and moved the story forward but had a very low level of anticipation. I would have ended it with Nessa holding on to the hand of her caretaker that would have been more effective. The previews for the next episode did give the right level of anticipation but I believe the episode in itself should contain this. They also should be weary of long dialogue and just being still in the moment. They do not need to elaborate lines of mush to establish this love story it’s in its utter simplicity ---that's when they capture my heart. I hope they are aware of that.

And all in all…. when will this happen again?!

zyiu1e.jpg

kthanxbye.

I believe it's not from a comic but an old story by a student from University of the Philippines, he did it during a school workshop turned it in to ABS almost 10 years ago, and the roles of Noah and Lyka have been screen tested and given to different actors and actresses. But ABS believes none of them really fit the role so they keep postponing it.

When Angel Locsin moved to the said station they decided they had their Lyka, and because Piolo Pascual is her constant partner in her bajillion commercials they chose him but they asked him to beef up for the role. And there ya go, the most amazing chemistry in years.

OT: Did y'all see Angel Locsin's Cosmo cover. I am so jeluz of her itty bitty waist and her...err... asset.

GOOD NEWS too! Piolo and Angel will have a movie. And I don't know why I got soooo excited hearing that. HAHAHA. They're spoiling me.

WOW I can't believe the drama's been postponed for that long! 10 years?! But I'm really glad they did wait and looked for the perfect cast for each role. I can't imagine Noah and Lyka being played by different starts.

And a new movie? I'll definitely be watching out for that one. I'll add it to my list after Big Love :P

Friday's episode was very light. Not much happened to move the story forward but the trailer definitely left me at the edge of my seat. Will Noah find out that they're testing Lyka? Monday, please come sooner! :wacko:

I really liked scene when Noah was the first one Lyka saw in the morning. Talk about wish come true but just not knowing it. :wub:

Vietgirl- Don't worry, you spelled it right :) Anyway, I'm sorry if I can be of little help. I don't really know any other place to download besides downloading from Youtube, like what angel_wings88 sis posted earlier. Also, I'm not sure when subs for it will be released but rest assured that there are people working on it, like Amber :) I'm really happy that there are people taking interest in Filipino dramas, other than Filipinos of course :P

Guest pinkie pink

i think they will film it on hawaii & jerusalem... i hope it is as interesting as lobo. piolo & angel's chemistry is sizzling i just love them :D

Guest imogene_af

pinkie- Hawaii AND Jerusalem? That's wild. Kind of opp. spectrums of the world isn't it?

bliss- I usually dread Mondays... but ever since Lobo, I usually say:

"IS IT MONDAY YET?!"

Guest pinkie pink

pinkie- Hawaii AND Jerusalem? That's wild. Kind of opp. spectrums of the world isn't it?

bliss- I usually dread Mondays... but ever since Lobo, I usually say:

"IS IT MONDAY YET?!"

yup kinda surprise when i read about the location... hmn if the location is true then the story must be something to do w/ religion or culture :sweatingbullets:

Amber, same here. The days seems to move slower for me too :mellow:

Anyway, while waiting for Monday to come, I found some BTS pictures of Lobo. All credits to sixthfiddler@mutliply.

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0020.jpg

^ Models of House of Elle :P

IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

^ With their direk

IMG_0007.jpgIMG_0157.jpg

^ Pwahaha

Guest SimplyKel

^ WOW amazing!! I love the wallpaper!!

I love Piolo!!! he's my addiction right now!!! huba huuuuubaa you guys please upload more picture of him (hottie)

oh lala i found this

PioloPascual_Timex2.jpg

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

^

Hahaha I know, right? Even for coffee?! :lol:

Hi angel_wings! :D

Lol soooo right bliss even for coffee! How I wish drinking smc would make your bod like that. :lol:

Guest docirene

Lol soooo right bliss even for coffee! How I wish drinking smc would make your bod like that. :lol:

you bet, i guess a lot of us would drink more than 3 cups per day which is still acceptable. but that's wishful thinking :sweatingbullets: i mean using coffee to slim down :blush:

i think they will film it on hawaii & jerusalem... i hope it is as interesting as lobo. piolo & angel's chemistry is sizzling i just love them :D

Did you say Hawaii :w00t: Is that confirmed? Oh I hope, I hope it's gonna be Hawaii, specifically Honolulu...maybe I could audition as one of the extras :D

Thanks for all the picture ads...those Timex ones are sizzling especially the sim-city-like pix.

lol lotsa funny scenes in this episode which I enjoy. Such a sucker for corny lovey-dovey scenes.

O/T: Is it just me or is it really hard to talk about just one episode of a Filipino drama cause the pace is so slow. Not too many things happen in just one episode, unlike Korean dramas, noh?

Archived