[phil. Drama] Lobo (wolf)

Guest imogene_af

imogene, i really love reading your reviews... :D i hope a lot more people will be able to read your reviews and pique their interest to watch this series.

this is only the second time i got really hooked watching a phil drama (1st one was MSKM). The story is really interesting and actors are just great. I agree with you all that Piolo (Noah) and Lyka (Angel) has great chemistry.

I hope this drama stays interesting until the end.

I still cannot believe that she touched his... erm... his property! She's so insane!

:lol::lol:

--edit--

oh wow, i topped a page!

lobonow.jpglobodin.jpg

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imogene_af

^

damn that scene! All in his head! I totally fell for it... but of course Philippines does not equal Autumn.

ahhh noah!

heheh piolo is so hot

and dude i usually HATE his dramas or him in dramas

but this story is really cute and different

even tho tey totally stole some parts from The Devil Wears Prada

but whatev when does anybody not take ?

but yeah i love this show

main couple has great cehmistry

and angel is so great

and i noticed her lika character really reminds me

of LDH inmy girl and other krn drama girls

I feel the same way, I always liked Piolo because of his extensive filmography but HATED, DESPISED his dramas! I was like ZOMG he always plays the same, lovelorned and perfect guy... but as Noah. Cold but caring guy. Serious but sensitive inside. :wub: My Goodness. He's just swoon-worthy times 100. He can just hold hands and smile at Lyka and I get weaaak.

:lol: Yea, Devil Wears Prada, but in fairness to them, they did poke fun of themselves that they imitated Devil Wears Prada by having Lady Elle watch the DVD. HAHA. This is what I like in this script, it's very witty.

And yes, I mentioned it several times that Lyka reminds me of Ju Yoo Rin. I don't know if they were inspired by Lee Da Hae's portrayal or not, but there's a lot of JYR in Lyka... even though none of the scenes are the same but it's something JYR would do.

ces- Thanks! :) And she still touched his property. Haha. And my last drama was "KTKH" Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay back in 2003, so I'm completely back 5 years later.

Guest rainy_summer

Amber - once again an amazing review. Seriously ABS-CBN should really pay you. I was laughing when you mentioned that the one who makes their summaries sounds like he or she is drunk. so true. Your writing and theirs are miles and miles apart. I was squealing with today's episode. *sigh* Piolo is beyond amazing. He really plays the part so well and his eyes says so much. Angel has surprised me big time. I was so critical of her acting before but now she has improved in leaps and bounds. Looking forward to more reviews from you. :D Angel and Piolo have amazing chemistry. Wasnt expecting that. I am with you, I dont think anyone else could have given the roles justice more than these two.

And my last drama was "KTKH" Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay back in 2003, so I'm completely back 5 years later.

I heard so many good things about this drama. I am trying to look for it. I didnt get to watch this when it was airing. I regret it now.

Guest imogene_af

rainy_summer- Aw thank you very much, :lol: I really hope Lobo maintains this, I trust them because they have the same writers with KTKH! Whadya know that's why I like this. What's so good about Piolo and Angel is they really immerse themselves into the role, they're two of the biggest celebrities in the Philippines but I do not see Piolo or Angel when I watch Lobo but Noah and Lyka. They just truly transformed for their roles.

For real, I read the summaries and I go... did we watch the same episode? Hello! Hello grammar check! Their website is so bad, the fan blogs are better.

ahhh noah!

Ooooh just skimmed through the thread again

and @imogene_af reviews are awesome !!

love the sigs

btw anyone have any sigs to share?

i love love love this series [can't stop saying it =P]

and i agree that angel and piolo compliment each other on the acting

i highly doubted that they would be a good loveteam bacause i love papa richard ^__^

hahah and i honestly was annoyed with piolo after his love team with Juday was over

but glad i gave lobo a chance cus he really did it for me this time around

i mean OHMYGASHH what happend to his bod? he's so ripped it's amazing

glad he trained because if he was to be like capt. barbell with fake abs then plfft the show might as well ben canceled

i wish he was this sexy when i saw him in the HUNKS concert

yes i admit im such a dork i went =P i almost got his shirt too!

which brings me to the production value of it

i noticed production value on this series was really heightend

i mean the sub characters are great

and esp. the WAYAs usually they get horrible actors who cant act to play those parts

but kudos to them

love how they cast good ppl rather than popular ones to play the subcharacters or else i woulda hated the series

also they did a great job with characterization

i saw the BTS of the workshops they did on how to transform into a wolf

and i donno im just simply amazed

and on todays episode!

WTH why didnt you tell lyka!

omg kiss her aisudiasdlkasjdlaksd

lol anyhow its getting good

but i can feel the piles of tissues are gonna get big

im predicting buckets and buckets of tears T-T

I am laughing so hard that you almost got Papa Piolo's shirt. I touched his hand once in my life... and I wanted to like eat it. HAHAHA. I wasn't really keen on him and I thought he was overrated, until I saw him in person, he looks a lot different on TV for some reason. Super "gwapo". And yes, he's so ripped as Noah, seems like he really went through military training from what he said during interviews.

I think there are sigs somewhere just not in soompi... Kay aka AngelWings is one good graphics person... oooh no pressure,Kay. Hahahaha.

LOL it's fun seeing you guys going gaga over Piolo! I was never a huge fan, just the regular kind, but I didn't hate the Hunks either. C'mon such hot looking guys together :wub: How can you not likey? Hehehe. But he didn't have that super hot bod then. Who knows when he started having those abs? Change is definitely good :lol:

Guess what? Papa P is coming to Toronto in March with Sam Milby and John Lloyd. I think he was also here last summer. Maybe I should go, seeing how big of a fan I'm turning since watching Lobo.

I'm definitely excited for the next episode. I don't know what to expect cause the episodes from Tuesday to now was intense, then light, then super kilig.

Guest rainy_summer

[ For real, I read the summaries and I go... did we watch the same episode? Hello! Hello grammar check! Their website is so bad, the fan blogs are better.

I know! Fan blogs are indeed better. I have stopped reading their summaries because instead of clarifying it to me, I am more confused.

I have always liked Piolo. But I become a bigger fan when I also met him in person. He is such a nice guy. He obliged me when I asked for another autograph for my friend's aunt who couldnt come to see him when it was only one autograph per person. Then he went beyond that, he wrote a nice message for her to get well soon since she was recovering from surgery. He was scruffy then imagine if I see him now all buff and clean cut *sigh*

I am so impressed that the writers and directors have been able to sustain interest in this show. In fact they are doing more than sustaining it. It just keeps getting better and better and thats a first for a Philippine drama. Usually it fluctuates day in and day out leaving viewers annoyed and dismayed but Lobo is making people addicted and excited for new episode. Bravo to the writers and directors. I feel like getting all their names and sending them something LOL

Hi to all! New to this thread...actually, haven't been in soompi for ages (or so it seems), so I was surprise to find a thread for "Lobo". Thanks Imogene for starting it...now I have an outlet for my Lobo-fascination (frustration? eek hopefully not). Amen to all the things you guys said.

Can't say this is the best Filipino drama I've seen, yet, (but I'm tempted to :P) since I haven't seen that many Filipino soaps...anyhu, I hope the writers maintain the pacing in this drama and keep up us glued.

On a side note, we just recently got TFC (which is how I heard of this) but I still watch it on YT...early in the morning while having breakfast :D

Guest SimplyKel

holy mother ...........

i finally found a thread on Lobo

i'm obsessed with Piolo and his new drama!!

he's waaayy hotter in person!!! looooooooovee him!!

Guest alakina

^^so true! when he came to the office i told him " i love you piolo" and wave at him. He looked to me, smiled and wave back. He's really nice! His not snobbish!

Anyway, i just love this series! every episode is so intense! i just like/love the chemistry of piolo and angel!

Guest imogene_af

bliss- I really hate those concerts as much as I wub him, he should stick to acting. He has a few good songs, though. Haha. He's really nice and uber handsome in person. I even dare say he's kinda not cute on screen compared to his real self. He's achingly handsome!

rainy_summer- that's sweet of him to do that. You should have kissed him! Fans always end up kissing him on the lips or something. Women are crazy these days.

Hi to all! New to this thread...actually, haven't been in soompi for ages (or so it seems), so I was surprise to find a thread for "Lobo". Thanks Imogene for starting it...now I have an outlet for my Lobo-fascination (frustration? eek hopefully not). Amen to all the things you guys said.

Can't say this is the best Filipino drama I've seen, yet, (but I'm tempted to :P) since I haven't seen that many Filipino soaps...anyhu, I hope the writers maintain the pacing in this drama and keep up us glued.

On a side note, we just recently got TFC (which is how I heard of this) but I still watch it on YT...early in the morning while having breakfast :D

You are welcome.

They took off one of the YT downloaders. UGH ABS is just taking 'em all off, aren't they?! GAAAH.

Hey all! Yay there's actually a lot of Lobo fans in Soompi. You guys should join us in our little discussions :)

Amber- Really? I haven't exactly heard a lot of his songs besides those that they use in movie OSTs. But I really wanna see him though after what you guys are saying about him. I'm glad he's not one of those big-headed stars in the Philippines.

I just found out YT deleted one of the uploaders too. Gosh, ABS is sure hunting them one by one like the Lunas -_-

STEPHOO- you can always have a Lobo marathon :P I swear it will only take a day since each eppie is only about 25 minutes. Wait, are your TFCs on demand? Because they recently changed them to on demand which I thought was pretty cool.

That's fine, Amber. I have a few back-ups :P Hahaha that's what I'll call them now, too. They're as fast as those Luna.

I'm actually watching it right now =)

Me want a Lobo banner. COUGH*angel_wings*COUGH jks :lol:

Just finish watching today's episode. I was giggling (can't help it) watching the scenes between Piolo and Angel, esp. where he just kept on staring at her...or do those unNoah-like things for Lyka...it's like a role reversal where Noah "pursues" Lyka (where in the beginning it was the other way around). If I was Lyka (I wish! :D) I'd be confused as heck too :wacko: And the trailer for next wk, intense! Just a little flaw I noticed in this drama was that everybody got older except for Maritoni Fernandez...she should've been as old as Noah's uncle/father.

I've met Piolo in person, too. The first time was in their The Hunks concert back in 2002 (?) and then last Dec. 2006...he had a mini concert, he had those long locks (from his last movie with JudyAnn) and goodness, when he came out, my cousin and her friends almost fainted (they were like omg he's so gwapo...like duh! :rolleyes: ), and, of course, me too...and being the biggest fan of them all, I waited after the concert and had a picture and autographed from him (I remember my cousin, who was taking our picture, was urging me to kiss him, she was like "cge na" :lol: ...but I couldn't :blush: ... I just got all shy). And Piolo is too, shy that is...which can be misconstrued as being a snob? Well that's my Piolo-moment :)

As for YT uploaders, there's AteCarla...no matter what happens to her acct, she always comes back, of which I'm very thankful for.

I wish I had On Demand.

bliss- you need a new link?

Friggin LUNA = ABS. :lol: That's what I'll call 'em now.

:lol: but Noah's a luna, isn't he? He just doesn't know it, yet.

Guest imogene_af

^

I think the age bracket is what was sooo wrong in this drama and the one ultimate flaw. It was LEON who aged and everyone else didn't among the older ones. Agot as Nessa is still the same. Maritoni as Dr. Lee still the same. Irma Adlawan still the same. Shaina Magdayao still looks like she should be playing with Barney rather than being a spy... oh wait that's a different story. Sheryl to Pilar is justifiable since she's in the lola generation.

I heard there was a problem with casting Leon for a while. Christian to Dante Rivero was just ODD.

I agree with everything you said, Amber. Seems like Leon is the only adult who grew really old.

Gah I cannot wait for Monday, even though that means I'm back to school (I had Reading Week this week). Noah was just acting like a different person. Always smiling to himself, staring at Lyka that even Lyka can't do her job :P I think the old JJ is slowly coming back, softening the stone cold Noah. And Lyka never fails to make me laugh. Gosh I'm in love with this series. :wub:

Guest flipchk23

so lucky of you guys to meet piolo ^__^

i bet if i met him now id go gaga!

but the hunks concert was back when i was 8 hahah a little yuck for me

only ppl ive met in real life were judy ann robin and rahmel padilla randy santago vina morales and martin

all my moms idols bt i do love juday

anyways i still havent seen todays eppie i wanna watch it already! i'll be back to edit once i've watched ^__^

Archived