[phil. Drama] Lobo (wolf)

Guest imogene_af

Guest rainy_summer

Yay! "Lobo" thread in soompi! I am loving this drama. At first I thought that an Angel-Piolo team-up wouldnt work. Boy, was I wrong. They ooze with chemistry. Their acting complement each other. Like what imogene_af they really do feed on each other's energy which is amazing. I havent been hooked on a Philippine drama for a long time until "Lobo" came. The last time was "Sa Piling Mo" which also starred Piolo. He is one if not the most talented actor there is in the Philippines. As for Angel, she has improved tremendously.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest annah_alaba

are guys gonna do the subs for the series? i saw that Halo Halo Fansubs will be doing the subs but it's going to take awhile. they're subbing right now "Prinsesa Ng Banyera" and "May Minamahal."

I just saw the first 9 minutes and WOW that was a powerful scene... no wonder someone here CRIED. :lol:

They really have great chemistry, they feed of each other's energy, they act well together, it jives.

And I don't like the fact that Trixie told the Waya council about Noah-Lyka involvement. Biiizniiitch.

I'm so excited to watch it now!

Thanks for explaining, imogene! So I guess the whole Manolo's (Lady Elle's husband) drug dealing thing was just an excuse so they can train Noah?

Ahh I really hate Anton! He's such a creep for liking Lyka who treats and loves him as a kuya only. ew :blink::wacko::crazy:

And Piolo is a really great actor. Did you see his emotions when he saw his friend

dead

? Even though he didn't speak, his eyes clearly showed what he felt. Ah so heartwrenching!

Guest imogene_af

As for the subs, I think there may be a subbing team coming up, I'm willing to help. But I think Episode 5 onwards would be easier to sub. The flashback scenes were too complicated. :lol:

I'm so excited to watch it now!

Thanks for explaining, imogene! So I guess the whole Manolo's (Lady Elle's husband) drug dealing thing was just an excuse so they can train Noah?

Ahh I really hate Anton! He's such a creep for liking Lyka who treats and loves him as a kuya only. ew :blink::wacko::crazy:

And Piolo is a really great actor. Did you see his emotions when he saw his friend

dead

? Even though he didn't speak, his eyes clearly showed what he felt. Ah so heartwrenching!

Yes, it was said in the 6th episode that they are just covering this as a drug operation but really they want to infiltrate the House of Elle because they are filled with Lobos.

His eyes just said everything in that scene! He was silent almost, but his eyes were just speaking volumes. So much pain and anguish he's controlling.

Siiiiiiigh I love today's episode.

*goes on to make review*

AHHH today's eppie was such an emotional rollercoaster for Noah. Yup, no wonder your friend cried and I totally agree about them feeding on each other's energy. It was too powerful. The Lunas should be scared. Isn't Manolo and Elle's relationship the same as Noah-Lyka's since Manolo used to be a Luna?

Guest pharell?!

Yup! Today's episode was one of the best! :D

i especially like the part where they hugged!

The camera rolling around them and the sounds made the whole scene really wonderful.

Guest cassy_clim8

ahihi....lobo thread at soompi!! wow....i only got hooked in 3 philippine dramas ever: encantadia (which is a fantaserye), maging sino ka man and lobo....

i so love the scene last night!!!! when noah and lyka hugged....ahhh sweetness....the scene made me wonder if noah is also a lobo coz his eyes were like emitting some kind of light just like lyka....

Guest imogene_af

I guess I'll post my review here since my past one was posted here too:

Ignite: The Leash/Unleash of Emotions

LOBO Review Episode: February 19, 2008

Tonight’s episode of LOBO is a blast full of emotions both controlled and unleashed, what will take someone to finally ignite and open up? Can something brewing and bottled in be so dangerous? Can something that you just let out be really like freedom? This was the focal point of this episode, though the pieces unlike the past episodes are hardly puzzled in, the love story moves eons forward by a closer look of someone’s emotion.

Throughout the series Noah has been cold and controlled, like his military upbringing he is filled with responsibilities and orders, disciplined to a fault because of being ruled by his adoptive father’s iron fist. As a kid in the first week’s episode, he is far from this. He was warm, cheerful and filled with heart. But after losing his father and his childhood friend, Ulay, the guy just learned to hide everything. So here we are stuck with a guy who’s always tied up because of all these bottled up emotions, Piolo Pascual has brought in such an effective, tragic hero for weeks now.

Now, when he lost his friend in a mission, these bottled up emotions just kept brewing in and shaking, desperately wanting to be unleashed. Imagine---years and years of mourning and guilt just hidden like that? Kaloka,diba?! Of course, he still tries to bottle it all up as he drank his sorrows with cans and cans of San Miguel Beer (Hello! Ad placement!) away.

Then there is our crazy heroine, she can beat Superman with her super hearing. Thanks to her bionic ears that still sounds like an AM transmitter. HARHAR. Now, she clearly heard her Papa Noah’s voice, she comes sprinting out of nowhere and shows herself to him. Trying to give him a shoulder to cry on. He as usual pushes her away. Lyka for a while thinks he’s crying because she slapped him a few days ago, oh Lyka, Lyka, Lyka, even at the most dramatic moments you manage to make me laugh, baliw ka talaga.

2vjpdoh.jpg

He does not just push her away, but he was just blatantly mean to her, yelling at her and telling her the most hurtful things. By the time when Lyka asked, “wala namang sigawan,o.” I felt their pain. She said this a bit child-like, like a kid just telling him to stop yelling and listen to her. Noah just gave her the coldest of stares and tells her to go away, she walks away telling him that she will never do this to him if she was the one having a problem. *tissue*

Now the next scene was just one of the most BEAUTIFUL sequences to grace on Philippine TV. Right when she turns away, he drops to his knees and tears started streaming down. He shows this really fragile person within, he was lost… no words to speak, he is in a choked up frenzy, his eyes just wandering everywhere, he looks so weak in this scene you would not believe it was the same man who yelled at Lyka barely seconds ago.

2hd1rm8.jpg

She feels him, she looks back and there he was on his knees crying … I like the fact that she was a bit reluctant to walk over to him. But by the time he bowed his head, she quickly ran over, unable to resist him. When she cradled him into her arms, he just broke down. It was one of these moments that you go, wow humans are really capable to feel that much. I was washed away with the emotions they poured out in that scene.

The way the director shot this whole scene was just visually stunning, the lushes of greens, the blue night sky, and the little street lamp bathing them with light. Usually 360-degree camera turns are overused and cheesy, but this time it added a stirring and seductive quality to such a sequence.

I felt the emotional outpour, this was better than the kiss from a week ago, it was like witnessing two souls connect or should I say re-connect? The music was also very apt and gave justice to such an amazing scene.

2e16kc5.jpg

As for the characters? You can tell they acted on impulse, she even breathed in the scent of his hair, he kissed her palm, she wiped his tears, and he draws her closer. Piolo Pascual and Angel Locsin pulled off such a scene beyond belief, the chemistry was just oozing and no words, just their stares and movements were enough for us to feel for them and capture that moment. For a while it was like I was possessed by the same whirling emotion that lives among the two characters.

And HOLY SEXUAL TENSION?! I fell off my seat just watching them stare at each other. First they make me all choked up… then make me feel like the biggest loser ever because:

1.) I am not that hawt like ‘em two

2.) I wish a Papa Noah can stare at me that way

3.) Lyka stop touching his biceps!!!

Then we get into like speckles of Stardust… which brings in a few other speculations about Noah’s “humanity”, but isn’t that a power of the Lobo? To have that speckles of light which was shown in the pilot episode? Could it be Lyka’s power just doing it? Or maybe there’s more to Noah than we’re led to think?

sb7zba.jpg

On a shallow note: If rays of sunshine burst out when they hug… what if they erm… consummate their err…relationship? When they play the saxophone music in the bedroom? Will I be blinded by the light? Nuclear takeover? I mean really?

And we end the scene with them slowly snapping out of it, looking at each other around the cityscape. There was something poignant in that scene, as bitofheaven said, it’s like they were Ulay and Jay-Jay again. The lost childhood friends in the little town.

I thought when she was introducing herself again as “Hi! My name is Lyka” made the scene even sweeter.

Noah releases his feelings through that spontaneous moment but continues to push her away (just gently now) when he decided to leave. His house being under his father, his feelings are being controlled and being channeled to pent up anger again. It was suddenly like he had the world at his shoulders once again with the way his “father”, Leon treats him.

Emotions are a weak thing for the Luna. If it deters from the greater good of ridding society of Lobo, it isn’t good. If they have to kill innocent people just to test Noah, they will do it. It’s very Utilitarian as I said earlier, just creepy Utilitarian.

2en49bk.jpg

Then there are even more pent up emotions in Lobo that may seem like harmless love, but can lead to rather dangerous territory. Anton’s very obvious feelings for Lyka are getting stronger by the minute. Ryan Eigenmann plays him so effectively, he manages to be both disturbing and sympathetic. The line when he asked Lyka what she wants, and she says a “lovelife”; you can just see how it rips his heart that Lyka may be falling for someone else. But icky icky hello magkuya kayo!

But the emotional arc comes full circle, when Noah visits Lyka in her house. Yiiiheee. He excuses it that his motorcycle brought him there on the whim. It was even more hilarious seeing Lyka hiding over a mudpack, and just using her shirt to wipe it off. By the time he said, “Hi! Ako si Noah!” I just melted and squeed nonstop. Not very poised of me, but geesh, these two just greetings will make me giddy.

2zgrgb8.jpg

So it ended a rather emotional episode in a light way, filled with innocence and a rather good, positive note. As the two look like they are back in high school stealing glances at each other and touching each other’s hands. Even though, it’s only official now… they’re now friends. So we kiss, embrace first, then we become friends. Seems like we got it backwards.

2h4wzu1.jpg

But we all know that the plot and mystery is getting into deep. The Luna and the Waya are both preparing their ultimate missions, I feel every single time the love story moves the mission also gets heavier. It’s an apt balance of the character arc with the plot direction. Now, these emotions… will it come to bite our a$$es soon? Kuya Anton? Noah? We’ll have to wait and see. I just commend the writers and directors for telling us such a human story in a rather mythical tale.

But most of all kudos for showing us that first 9 minutes, making me feel that humans are really capable of feeling that MUCH. How utterly beautiful.

Guest rissa1010

YOU SOOO NAILED IT! you are so the best talaga!!! i love this episode, "BEST SO FAR" :D

I guess I'll post my review here since my past one was posted here too:

Ignite: The Leash/Unleash of Emotions

LOBO Review Episode: February 19, 2008

Tonight’s episode of LOBO is a blast full of emotions both controlled and unleashed, what will take someone to finally ignite and open up? Can something brewing and bottled in be so dangerous? Can something that you just let out be really like freedom? This was the focal point of this episode, though the pieces unlike the past episodes are hardly puzzled in, the love story moves eons forward by a closer look of someone’s emotion.

Throughout the series Noah has been cold and controlled, like his military upbringing he is filled with responsibilities and orders, disciplined to a fault because of being ruled by his adoptive father’s iron fist. As a kid in the first week’s episode, he is far from this. He was warm, cheerful and filled with heart. But after losing his father and his childhood friend, Ulay, the guy just learned to hide everything. So here we are stuck with a guy who’s always tied up because of all these bottled up emotions, Piolo Pascual has brought in such an effective, tragic hero for weeks now.

Now, when he lost his friend in a mission, these bottled up emotions just kept brewing in and shaking, desperately wanting to be unleashed. Imagine---years and years of mourning and guilt just hidden like that? Kaloka,diba?! Of course, he still tries to bottle it all up as he drank his sorrows with cans and cans of San Miguel Beer (Hello! Ad placement!) away.

Then there is our crazy heroine, she can beat Superman with her super hearing. Thanks to her bionic ears that still sounds like an AM transmitter. HARHAR. Now, she clearly heard her Papa Noah’s voice, she comes sprinting out of nowhere and shows herself to him. Trying to give him a shoulder to cry on. He as usual pushes her away. Lyka for a while thinks he’s crying because she slapped him a few days ago, oh Lyka, Lyka, Lyka, even at the most dramatic moments you manage to make me laugh, baliw ka talaga.

2vjpdoh.jpg

He does not just push her away, but he was just blatantly mean to her, yelling at her and telling her the most hurtful things. By the time when Lyka asked, “wala namang sigawan,o.” I felt their pain. She said this a bit child-like, like a kid just telling him to stop yelling and listen to her. Noah just gave her the coldest of stares and tells her to go away, she walks away telling him that she will never do this to him if she was the one having a problem. *tissue*

Now the next scene was just one of the most BEAUTIFUL sequences to grace on Philippine TV. Right when she turns away, he drops to his knees and tears started streaming down. He shows this really fragile person within, he was lost… no words to speak, he is in a choked up frenzy, his eyes just wandering everywhere, he looks so weak in this scene you would not believe it was the same man who yelled at Lyka barely seconds ago.

2hd1rm8.jpg

She feels him, she looks back and there he was on his knees crying … I like the fact that she was a bit reluctant to walk over to him. But by the time he bowed his head, she quickly ran over, unable to resist him. When she cradled him into her arms, he just broke down. It was one of these moments that you go, wow humans are really capable to feel that much. I was washed away with the emotions they poured out in that scene.

The way the director shot this whole scene was just visually stunning, the lushes of greens, the blue night sky, and the little street lamp bathing them with light. Usually 360-degree camera turns are overused and cheesy, but this time it added a stirring and seductive quality to such a sequence.

I felt the emotional outpour, this was better than the kiss from a week ago, it was like witnessing two souls connect or should I say re-connect? The music was also very apt and gave justice to such an amazing scene.

2e16kc5.jpg

As for the characters? You can tell they acted on impulse, she even breathed in the scent of his hair, he kissed her palm, she wiped his tears, and he draws her closer. Piolo Pascual and Angel Locsin pulled off such a scene beyond belief, the chemistry was just oozing and no words, just their stares and movements were enough for us to feel for them and capture that moment. For a while it was like I was possessed by the same whirling emotion that lives among the two characters.

And HOLY SEXUAL TENSION?! I fell off my seat just watching them stare at each other. First they make me all choked up… then make me feel like the biggest loser ever because:

1.) I am not that hawt like ‘em two

2.) I wish a Papa Noah can stare at me that way

3.) Lyka stop touching his biceps!!!

Then we get into like speckles of Stardust… which brings in a few other speculations about Noah’s “humanity”, but isn’t that a power of the Lobo? To have that speckles of light which was shown in the pilot episode? Could it be Lyka’s power just doing it? Or maybe there’s more to Noah than we’re led to think?

sb7zba.jpg

On a shallow note: If rays of sunshine burst out when they hug… what if they erm… consummate their err…relationship? When they play the saxophone music in the bedroom? Will I be blinded by the light? Nuclear takeover? I mean really?

And we end the scene with them slowly snapping out of it, looking at each other around the cityscape. There was something poignant in that scene, as bitofheaven said, it’s like they were Ulay and Jay-Jay again. The lost childhood friends in the little town.

I thought when she was introducing herself again as “Hi! My name is Lyka” made the scene even sweeter.

Noah releases his feelings through that spontaneous moment but continues to push her away (just gently now) when he decided to leave. His house being under his father, his feelings are being controlled and being channeled to pent up anger again. It was suddenly like he had the world at his shoulders once again with the way his “father”, Leon treats him.

Emotions are a weak thing for the Luna. If it deters from the greater good of ridding society of Lobo, it isn’t good. If they have to kill innocent people just to test Noah, they will do it. It’s very Utilitarian as I said earlier, just creepy Utilitarian.

2en49bk.jpg

Then there are even more pent up emotions in Lobo that may seem like harmless love, but can lead to rather dangerous territory. Anton’s very obvious feelings for Lyka are getting stronger by the minute. Ryan Eigenmann plays him so effectively, he manages to be both disturbing and sympathetic. The line when he asked Lyka what she wants, and she says a “lovelife”; you can just see how it rips his heart that Lyka may be falling for someone else. But icky icky hello magkuya kayo!

But the emotional arc comes full circle, when Noah visits Lyka in her house. Yiiiheee. He excuses it that his motorcycle brought him there on the whim. It was even more hilarious seeing Lyka hiding over a mudpack, and just using her shirt to wipe it off. By the time he said, “Hi! Ako si Noah!” I just melted and squeed nonstop. Not very poised of me, but geesh, these two just greetings will make me giddy.

2zgrgb8.jpg

So it ended a rather emotional episode in a light way, filled with innocence and a rather good, positive note. As the two look like they are back in high school stealing glances at each other and touching each other’s hands. Even though, it’s only official now… they’re now friends. So we kiss, embrace first, then we become friends. Seems like we got it backwards.

2h4wzu1.jpg

But we all know that the plot and mystery is getting into deep. The Luna and the Waya are both preparing their ultimate missions, I feel every single time the love story moves the mission also gets heavier. It’s an apt balance of the character arc with the plot direction. Now, these emotions… will it come to bite our a$$es soon? Kuya Anton? Noah? We’ll have to wait and see. I just commend the writers and directors for telling us such a human story in a rather mythical tale.

But most of all kudos for showing us that first 9 minutes, making me feel that humans are really capable of feeling that MUCH. How utterly beautiful.

imogene, wow. Just wow. You have such a way with words that's so amazing. Honestly. I wish I could write and express my words so well like you. I like the seriousness of your review with a bit of humor, just like the drama. Hopefully you continue doing reviews when you have time cuz I really enjoy reading them.

I think I'm gonna watch the last episode again. Thank God I don't have to wait for subs and that the episodes are only 30 minutes long. Hahahaha.

Guest imogene_af

imogene, wow. Just wow. You have such a way with words that's so amazing. Honestly. I wish I could write and express my words so well like you. I like the seriousness of your review with a bit of humor, just like the drama. Hopefully you continue doing reviews when you have time cuz I really enjoy reading them.

I think I'm gonna watch the last episode again. Thank God I don't have to wait for subs and that the episodes are only 30 minutes long. Hahahaha.

I'm so used to doing this in Robbers, but not in an everyday Filipino drama! :lol: I currently have time because I took time off of work a four day weekend indeed, but I usually catch the 10:30 PM viewing which makes me a wee bit late. But this episode was really impressive just the first few minutes... got me speechless. Thanks for reading and enjoying it! :)

chochang I saw your reply went to a new topic, but thanks for the read.

Pharell So I'll be Angel? you be Piolo?

Guest imogene_af

I faint! I faint at those gifs! Gaaah! So much chemistry *explodes*

Thanks, ces!

OT: why is PEX down? I get my Lobo stuff there. Gawdness.

ahh me too!

This scene is amazing. Just look at the trees glowing, the light, the hug! gahhh~

I was just wondering. What time does the show air in the Philippines?

Archived