[phil. Drama] Lobo (wolf)

Guest imogene_af

omgosh, ces! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm watching it right now even though it's 3 in the morning. :lol:

and imogene, thanks for the other link. Need to have more than one cause I'm sure Youtube will delete the videos in no time.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest docirene

docirene- :lol: the world stops for me once this is on. I got mad at my friend once for calling me during Lobo hour.

art from hardkandy:

http://i27.tinypic.com/10xt2dv.jpg

geez, here in the house they know i am so super glued to the set once LOBO starts airing but it's ok to talk to me during commercial gaps. i have been an angel fan since her Mulawin days but i became a fan of piolo as well during the pilot episode.

Guest docirene

here are some nice GELO pics found in Pex forum, Gelo thread. thx to the ones who posted them

PR_12-015221.jpg

PR_5-015053.jpg

ScannedImage.jpg

such a great looking pair, such great chemistry :phew:

Guest cho_chang

hi! i'm kinda a returnee here ... and i'm really surprised to see a lobo thread.

just wanna share to you what i got from pinoyexhange --

Originally Posted by Ophelia_Kills

THE SET UP Lobo Review: Feb. 18 Episode

Noah and Lyka are now clear pawns to this bigger game that they are both so clueless about. Here they are living their lives thinking that their problems are simply trivial, the usual boy-meets-girl-do-you-like-me-too ordeal? They do not know they are both being prepared for such a colossal battle and mission. That every single thing they are living for right now is a lie. The makers of LOBO handle this complex storyline with a touch of light-heartedness and then punching us with a mind-blowing mystery, we're trying to piece the puzzle together---which makes it quite an effective episode.

Both Noah and Lyka are experiencing changes, hers are more within her being while Noah he's being set up with these artificial trials in his environment.

But with all these ordeals being thrown at them, their love angle moves forward. Pinapakilig pa rin tayo with really warm moments. Lyka even after her huge slap is still very much infatuated with the muscular antipatiko. And the usual stone-faced guy is returning the affection, just secretly, though.

Angel Locsin is now minimal in her comic scenes, which is an improvement from her usual "atake" of the Lyka role. The restroom scene had me in stitches. I really like how they put us into Lyka's perspective every time she experiences these changes and even though my ears are far from that, they manage to make us understand her... super hearing naman today!

So she gets all giddy hearing that Noah finds her "maganda" and "sexy", she squees in delight... too bad she loses her reception, our sira na heroine decides to go to the male restroom herself.

Promise! May I say this? She looked like such a MANYAK coming into the restroom. It was just too funny. She was particularly good in tapping her comedic flair in this episode, by not overdoing it. I'm also quite glad the funny Lyka's back.

Guy: Anong ginagawa mo rito?

Lyka: Aaah... nakijingle lang ako pare,e. (acting like a total man)

Lyka: Kaw naman!

Their light way of handling her physical transformations is really reminiscent of Spider-Man, the touches of comedic elements makes me relate to her, even though I'm far from having bionic ears that sounds like an AM radio transmitter.

But I believe this episode belongs to Piolo Pascual. In this episode he shows us why he's not only the biggest leading man of his generation but he is someone with immense depth to pull it all off. It's no longer untapped potential,really people at this late in the game, we're no longer talking that--- it's QUIET BRILLIANCE at this point.

Noah at the sight of failing a mission, losing his friend Choy (A short but sweet performance by Janus Del Prado), and feeling his loss of everything--- all within minutes of a sequence, his eyes speaks for itself and it speaks volumes! The pain, the anguish, the anger, desperation, and the helplessness. The usually heroic and strong Noah diminishes to an angsty and fragile man. You can hear his hoarse voice breaking.

THAT was a real actor you just witnessed. The amount of tumultuous emotions he went through all within a subdued performance is what makes it so markado. This is the first time we see Noah stripped of his emotions, and it's a pity he still has to control himself. Wow, just wow... of an acting there.

In fairness to Shaina Magdayao, I have been pretty harsh with her, she did show some improvements in that scene, she did stand her ground, Piolo is a pretty giving actor, he didn't "lamon" her really, IMHO.

Good performances aside, the episode reveals bits and pieces of what we have in store. As expected, Trixie one-part-comic relief and one-part strong willed best friend is a set up by the Waya as we predicted previously. The Waya council were as intimidating as ever again (I like Dionne here, she's good! kudos!)... as they listen to Trixie explain Lyka's abilities.

However, it seems like she isn't a Lobo just a human helper of their cause. Dimples Romana it's good to see you back, the way she portrays Trixie is filled with crucuial subtleties. Her character is very essential, I hardly see her as a supporting character.

The LUNAs on the other hand is a bit SCARY Utalitarian, they believe in the greater good... anything to achieve that. They believe Lobos are evil. They believe to fulfill their mission IF they have to sacrifice an innocent life like Choy's they will do it. As long as it will serve a greater purpose and that is to ready Noah for his mission. Very chilling.

Dr. Lee and Anton has their own arc too... how many dogs did they kill? Animal abuse na ito!

The plot thickens as the scene fades to black with Lyka's eyes flickering like a night animal.

Lobo still maintains the strength in its love story and light-heartedness but at the same time gripping tightly to its mysterious puzzle. And I feel like we're pawns too...making us think we're lost in a romantic comedy... but we're in for major drama. And I am anticipating it.

i'm sooo addicted to LOBO!

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

I can't get enough of this series too! same as docirene nothing can make me move out of my seat once this starts or else.. :lol::P

:lol: Don't they claim they already have DVDs for this? Those have subs? Doubt it. 250 episodes... a lot of people got jipped, pirated ones.

Nah, it's not subbed.

bliss_ - So you're a Filipino too? I've been seeing you on LDH thread before. :sweatingbullets:

*runs on front of tv*

Chao guys! Lobo's about to start here. :lol:

Guest angela_bears

^ omg that pic is hot! :D

they look good together.

i tried watching it but school is killing me. i've only watched two eps and its really good!

piolo is such a hunk!im gonna watch the new episode later.

~my clinical instructor really looks like piolo and he's also a hunk!~

:D

Yep, that's me!

I'm with you on Angel. I was literally laughing every time she does something silly. I didn't think it would be possible but she actually made me. Plus, I'm enjoying seeing Piolo as Noah, who's a cold but really caring person and Lyka trying to win him. LOL

Is there a way to watch this online for free? (So I don't have to babysit :P)

I think I'm so used to watching kdramas by downloading that it's weird to watch TV anymore.

If you want I'll pm you the links so you can watch it online.

Guest pinkie pink

wow a LOBO thread here... as much as i could i try to watch on tv, but my schedule at work is crazy now a days :wacko: so i watch it online during weekends... i was never a fan of angel locsin (hahaha but i love piolo :wub: ) but i like her here... pretty good chemistry w/ piolo:)

Very kdramaish, I often see shots like this on kdramas. :lol:

Sorry if it's too small lol as you can see the gif's kinda long so making it big will result to a bigger size.

lobofk7.gif

Guest imogene_af

OhmyGoodness my review's here. :lol: But just want to say EVERYONE here is good, the small roles are very essential. The scene stealer is Pilar Pilapil as Lady Elle part-time lead werewolf/part-time Fashion guru of House of Elle.

Piolo's so drool-worthy in here. No wonder Lyka's like this every time she sees Noah...

j5yy6o.gif

w00t a Robbers fan in this thread. HAHAHA.

Haven't seen tonight's episode but my friend apparently CRIED. Whoaaaa. Why?

angelabear-

OhmyGoodness, a clinical instructor looking like Piolo? Can we trade places!

bliss_ - So you're a Filipino too? I've been seeing you on LDH thread before. :sweatingbullets:

You are too? Whoa. I didn't know the kdrama forum had that many Filipino users in it. That's really cool and it'd be great if you could PM me the link. The more the better. Hahahaha.

I was watching Monday's episode at 3 last night and I had to stop making too much sound laughing. The washroom scene was just hilarious! I felt like it wasn't trying to be funny but it was actually funny.

imogene, your friend cried? hmm I wonder what happened. Maybe I should prepare some Kleenex cuz I cry really easily :tears:

I'm still confused about the whole story though. Like who are these other people? Is Anton a lobo, too? How? Ahh so many questions.

Guest imogene_af

You are too? Whoa. I didn't know the kdrama forum had that many Filipino users in it. That's really cool and it'd be great if you could PM me the link. The more the better. Hahahaha.

I was watching Monday's episode at 3 last night and I had to stop making too much sound laughing. The washroom scene was just hilarious! I felt like it wasn't trying to be funny but it was actually funny.

imogene, your friend cried? hmm I wonder what happened. Maybe I should prepare some Kleenex cuz I cry really easily :tears:

I'm still confused about the whole story though. Like who are these other people? Is Anton a lobo, too? How? Ahh so many questions.

:lol: Yes she cried. I don't think it was a sad episode.... just lots of emotions.

Okay... there are two sects of people in Lobo.

Luna = the shadowy people with the rings. They're a secret society that kills werewolves, they are apparently preparing Noah as THE ONE to lead them in the battle. As to why he's so special remains to be revealed. They despise Lobos because they believe they are a menace to the society. And I think some of them may have powers? I am not sure... I believe they are human but I do not understand why they are so fast!

Waya = They are werewolves/Lobos who just want to live in peace with society, they do not see themselves as a curse, they are proud of their heritage but they claim when the red moon comes they will all die. They need a savior to hold on to the "Remus" to lead them. Lady Elle believes it's Lyka.

Anton/ Lyka's adoptive brother = Looooves Lyka in that creepy way was bitten by Nessa (Lyka's mom) when they were little, he seems to show the symptoms of a Lobo... the rage eyes and all, but we haven't seen him fully transform. He is being hired by the LUNA for a drug for the Lobos.

So LUNA Vs. WAYA = Noah VS. Lyka. :tears:

A lot of questions aren't answered yet, they reveal it piece by piece. It's like we know stuff the characters do not know, and they know stuff we do not know---if that makes sense. :lol:

Guest rissa1010

first post in soompi and i posted on a PHILIPPINE DRAMA? :lol:

this drama is getting under my skin...hopefully it keeps continuing the way it is now and we will have no problems!

i heart piolo even before but now, i am loving him more and angel? WOW...i am very impressed. she never fails to make me laugh.

IMOGENE: as always, i blame you for this!

Guest imogene_af

I just saw the first 9 minutes and WOW that was a powerful scene... no wonder someone here CRIED. :lol:

They really have great chemistry, they feed of each other's energy, they act well together, it jives.

And I don't like the fact that Trixie told the Waya council about Noah-Lyka involvement. Biiizniiitch.

Archived