What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest fionahh

Finished:Looking for Alaska - John GreenThe Game - Terry Schott (Free on iBooks!)
Reading: An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

• 2 weeks later...

I read this trilogy about the "Fuentes brothers" by Simone [insert last name].

The names of the books are:

Perfect Chemistry

Rules of Attraction

Chain Reaction

I thought they were ok. I would give them 2.5 stars. They were good for killing time at work but not as a book you would take on a trip. The books about three brothers who find the love of their lives during a time that they are involved with a gang.

Now I am reading a book by Barbara Wood. I have read one book by her previously called The Blessing Stone which blew me away. Now I am reading Daughter of the Sun and I am really enjoying it too. I don't know why it took me so long to pick up another one of her books. I really like her writing. She puts a lot of historic detail, tells the story for different povs, is very creative in her plot, and she also writes about periods of history you normally don't see.

• 1 month later...

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Two years late but I saw the trailer and it immediately made me check the book out.  I usually don't read the genre so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was a page turner on the beach kind of read.  It started out very well and I didn't want to put it down, but once the climax came, seemed like Flynn didn't know how to wrap it up.  I was eager to finish it but somehow some things were just questionable.  Fitting ending, not sure if I liked it or not.  Looking forward to the movie as Flynn wrote it herself and is apparently different from the book.

I'm currently reading "Divergent" by Veronica Roth.
I recently watched the movie and I decided to read the book as I know it's very popular.  I want to see what all the fuss is about, but I tend to not like books that are over hyped as my expectations become high.