Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest Ding Lin

Here is the news article about JJM's pay in Flowers in Fog.
http://ent.appledaily.com.tw/enews/article/entertainment/20130302/34861728/ 
I guess it is not good to release such personal information.  However, it is in the news already.  I thought I would shared with you.  

It said that JJM's pay in for "Dream" (2012) is about NT$ 500,000 (about $17,000 USD) per episode.  He got paid NT$ 1,350,000 per episode for "Flowers in Fog" ($45,000 USD). There are 50 episodes of Flowers.  

@anjshin : It all depends on his co-stars for the drama of course, as for movies i'm more on JJM oriented movies like Hyun Bin in his new movie

btw : i saw the trailer, his saeguk accent is lil' off, he should have taken some lesson from the saeguk man : Joo Jin Mo ;)) ;))

Guest Ding Lin

@sarah.lina~
I was hoping JJM can costar with any of his dinner friends!!! However, I guess it would be too expensive. LOL
As for Ha jiwon and Joo Jin Mo, I can not believe that EK's production team just wasted two A listers like this!!!!!! I am still mad!!!!  

@Ding Lin : his pay was average, you can see here the pay of korean actors : HERE

- Hyun Bin was paid $35,000 per episode for the World That They Live In
- Ha Ji Won was paid $25,000 per episode for Hwang Ji Yi

but yeah Jang Hyuk was paid only $15,000 for Chuno?? sometimes you wonder how can crappy actress like Han Ga In or Kim Tae Hee earn more than talented actors and actress like Shin Ha Kyun, Kang Myung Min, Joo Jin Mo, Moon Geun Young or Kim Sun Ah 8-}

Guest Ding Lin

I know.....
I was kind of surprised to learn his pay of Dream!  It sounds too low to me.  After all, it was JJM's first drama after his Baeksang. 
I have a feeling that JJM is very low key in everything, including negotiating his contracts!! 

sarah.lina

said:

@Ding Lin : his pay was the average, you can see here the pay of korean actors : HERE

- Hyun Bin was paid $35,000 per episode for the World That They Live In
- Ha Ji Won was paid $25,000 per episode for Hwang Ji Yi

but yeah Jang Hyuk was paid only $15,000 for Chuno?? sometimes you wonder how crappy actress like Kim Tae Hee earned more that talented actors and actress

@Ding Lin : Dream had really low ratings, no wonder that his pay decreased as for Hyun Bin, i heard that he returned a certain percentage of his pay because of the low ratings and that his prod did have many financial issues because of the high pay that SHG and HB had.

Guest Ding Lin

I guess JJM may already have a new project. He just has not announced it yet.  However, I am pretty sure it would be a movie.  No matter what, I do hope he has better luck this time.  He was not doing well with his past two movies (A better tomorrow, Gabi) in terms of boxoffices.  

@Ding Lin : i didn't watch it because at that time, i was looking so badly for eng subs, but from what i've heard in popular blogs, it's only Joo Jin Mo who was stealing the show in every episode.

- With the sucess of Empress Ki, he might have received tons of scripts, i think he's now even more picky and trying to choose the movie and yeah, i don't see him doing an another drama.

Guest Ding Lin

Indeed... 
For me, JJM is full of personal charm in Dream!  In Queen of the Game, he looked shy at times.  In Dream, he is so confident and handsome!!!!!!! :)   He was so charming as a mature man :)!!!!   

sarah.lina said: @Ding Lin : i didn't watch it because at that time, i was looking so badly for eng subs, but from what i've heard in popular blogs, it's only Joo Jin Mo who was stealing the show in every episode.

- With the sucess of Empress Ki, he might have received tons of scripts, i think he's now even more picky and trying to choose the movie and yeah, i don't see him doing an another drama.

Guest fated1430293719

@sarah.lina biiiggggg thxxxxx for the gifs >:D< jjm looks soooooo fine w a bloody face n a cigarette so cool :x

Guest Ding Lin

I wonder what kind of roles you would like to see JJM play.  
For me, I would love a crazy crazy role! Wang Yoo and many of JJM's roles in the past were pretty reserved.  I would like to see him in a role with expressive kind of personality.  Something like the WY in TH's hallucination would be perfect. LOL

I would like to see Joo Jin Mo in a romantic comedy for his next project. A more charming, humorous, sweet lovely character...  :x :x ;;)   [-O< [-O<
@sarah.lina Thanks for the gifs.., love it  :x :\"> keep it coming  :>  :D 

Guest anjshin

@sarah.lina: good job dear, Jjm is very cool at friends2, old school roles fits him well. :x :D

@Ding Lin: thanks for the photos, JJM and LYW really looks good together. :D :\"> I really love them both. :x

It's sad that JJM focuses mainly on movies, but I can see why; k-drama filming sort of... sucks! I think that JJM has always been soo low key, as @Ding Lin mentioned; that he could care less about Advertising or Promoting...
He loves acting, and all he wants to be is an actor; money comes as an add on... whatever he chooses, it would be something that as an actor will challenge him and will make him enjoy it... he's 40 now, more handsome than ever, but he may also be thinking about slowing down now, specially if he's eyeing a future with a special someone  ;)
JJM movies are hard for me to find.. but well, whatever he brings on, I will support him. Love you JJM ssi

Guest Ding Lin

I do have a question for you.....
I notice that Koran actors are getting younger and younger.  I wonder what Korean actors do after they reach the age of 40.  I notice that many of them choose to retire. The number of projects is reduced for some. Even JJM's popular best friend JDG does not seem to be as active as before.
Anyway, I hope JJM is not planning to retire anytime soon :)!  I would like to see him on screen until he is as old as Mr. KFC (i,e. Captain Sanders)! LOL  Observing from the effects of "aging" on him, I think he will still  be charming as a Grandpa :)!