Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

@SusanC happy Holidays too.. yeah we may be miles apart..strangers in fact..but connected by hearts...because of Our common Love and passion for our dearie Kyossii.. proud to be one who always looking forward for this thread and sometime's lurking the whole days for the updates...hahaha [wintertime] the coldest season of the year, but this thread makes and keep me a little bit warmer...why because I'am holding a cup of coffee/ hot choco/ tea while back reading the never ending updates and browsing the flooding photos and videos...
@freshspring  thanks, it's a good thing Kyo's enhancing her English skills while speaking to HXM..i remembered the HOT POT conversations video of the two..

Hi everyone! Because of your great love and dedication to SHK, you've made this thread the best ever :) Thank you all for your unceasing support. They are highly appreciated :) :)

I found this article and thought of sharing it here. This is another review of the movie. Read on.....

The Crossing: Part 1

2 December, 2014 | By James Marsh

Dir: John Woo. China. 2014. 128mins

The Crossing: Part 1

John Woo’s first directorial offering in four years is a grand scale war-time romance chronicling the plight of three unrelated couples whose lives become entwined during the Chinese Civil War. As was the case with Woo’s 2008 two-parter, Red Cliff, the eponymous event - in this case the tragic 1949 sinking of Chinese steamer the Taiping - is still yet to come, as this first installment delivers two hours of detailed set-up, with its feet firmly on terra firma.

The film certainly delivers as star-laden festive entertainment, but as just the latest in a long line of Chinese war-time epics, one feels The Crossing will need the fireworks of Part 2 to truly rise above the competition.

@megbc8 :  Thank you for mention me :)
I'm no chance to see Song Hye Kyo in real life for sure.Everything I post just because it someting I can do it & Want to contribute To show our love for Song Hye Kyo.   :)>-
Thank you everyone for photo & info all about Song Hye Kyo  that I use to make some fantasy  & lovely photo of Song Hye Kyo.
Credit : Everyone  owner
PS. I'm So Glad To Be Here With Warm Groups   :x

hi chingus...... thanks so much for the awesome sharings of pix and trans........   ^:)^ ^:)^

earlier, freshpring did post bts of Elle China....... it reminds me of her Fullhouse photoshoot....... It surprised me dc fan feel the same on those pics too.....  ;;)

after 10yrs...... still no change huh   :x

tc54_zps32b3c9dc.jpg~original

dc

sorry if repost........ so young and so sweet  :x :x

tc53_zps0055bfe5.jpg~original

credit as tagged

Thanks to all Kyonatics for the updates and heartwarming messages.  I really feel like we are one big happy family in this thread :x

Congratulations to The Crossing for breaking the 100 million mark.  By the end of this weekend, The Crossing's total is at 114 million.  The figure may not be as much as expected, but I'm sure the international box office will help make up for the domestic box office :)

More pics taken by fans at the theaters:

7815f97djw1en1go5hbevj21w02ioh9d.jpg
641911d4jw1en1gd2eniuj20qo0f0dg5.jpg
641911d4jw1en1gd51clfj20qo0f0mxn.jpg
7802dc59jw1en1fxipd3hj218g0xcjyw.jpg
7802dc59jw1en1g01m445j218g0xcqay.jpg
6abffec5jw1en1eoxyzfgj20np0hswev.jpg
6abffec5jw1en1eos76ruj20np0hs3yy.jpg

thanks hclover96 for the box office record info of TC , quite worried about it 2 days ago when the newly released movie "Fleet of Time" which is also from Galloping Horse Group toppled TCs no 1 spot, TC remained no 1 only for 3 days, i thought it will be much stronger on a weekend but then this new movie was released, but with your good news that it already reached the 1Mplus mark , im happy with it! 
thanks djsong for the tip about that spoiler but ill try to learn about it yet ! hope the info i shared about the movie didnt spoil much the excitement of other kyonatics besides they have seen most of the scenes already posted here and thru some interviews and critics review they already for some idea.
hi yayaxele21,megabc , SusanC , sfc12 and other kyonatics here , hope you'll have a chance to watch TC soon too! 
from entgroup.cn they have this article about TC but there's a portion also wherein they talked about SHK

Week 49 Preview: 'The Crossing' Offshore

2014/12/1 17:38:00(Beijing Time)    by: Entgroup Consulting

According to EBOT, four films below will be released in Mainland China in the 49th week (Dec. 1-7). Directed by John Woo, “The Crossing: Part 1” will kick off the New Year film season on December 2. The super big budget epic romance may be the most discussed film at the beginning of the 49th week, which will contend with “A Murder Beside Yan He River” when it follows closely and enters the cinemas on December 4. “Fleet of Time” will hit the big screens on Friday, bringing a web drama on sliver screens, along with another domestic adventure thriller, “Tomb Robber”.

Though there will be no debut of any imported film in the 49th week, the Mainland China boxoffice sees a booming with anticipated local films such as “The Crossing” and “Fleet of Time” on show.The first installment of “The Crossing”, a “Titanic”-like romance, will star over 20 top Asian stars that one can easily scream out the names: Zhang Ziyi, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Song Hye Kyo, Huang Xiaoming, Tong Dawei and Masami Nagasawa.

"The Crossing: Part 1” is also South Korean actress, Song Hye Kyo’s first time as a leading character in the Chinese film. Her first attempt on Chinese silver screens was a supporting role in Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai’s “The Grandmasters”, which also starred Zhang Ziyi as the leading role, Gong Er. A year later, the two famous female stars of their own country will opposite in “The Crossing”.

According to EntGroup Chinese Celebrity Index (ECCI), Song Hye Kyo enjoys greater supports than Zhang Ziyi according to the survey on Chinese audiences. The Chinese K-drama fans wildly indulged in Song’s performances in “When They Met” (1997), “Autumn in My Heart” (2000) and “Full House” (2004). The acceptance and comercial potential of the two stars are too close to announce the winner. When Song altered to film later, winning Best New Actress in 6th Korean Film Awards of film “Hwang Jin Yi”, Zhang Ziyi has already obtained amazing fame from her Hollywood career with Ang Lee, Rob Marshall,etc. According to the Chinese moviegoers' ranking, Zhang’s boxoffice appeal index easily touches 8.2 while Song’s expects a stretch with 3 new films to be screened in China.

2014121174350918.jpg

the release of big budget movies this dec in china , competition for the box office record is really that tough , this might be one of the reason why they move the release date of IAQ , HXM is just fortunate that his other movie aside from TC is also doing well. 
4766fbd0jw1en00yjlha5j20ar0hsdhz.jpg

from weibo

nice to see that SHK is so happy and comfortable in all of her promo events for TC in China and Taiwan and hats off also to her co-lead male stars who are really nice and treats her well particularly HXM. good to know that they became good friends and have a good working relationship. 
in an  article  about HXM from asia one enertainment , there's a portion about SHK:
The romantic hero

Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming feels that he is fated to play the romantic hero in director John Woo's epic war romance flick The Crossing."I was particularly moved when I read the script. I don't know why, but I felt a connection with the character," he says of his character, General Lei Yi Fang, a war hero who is deeply attracted to his on-screen love interest played by South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo.

The target of his intense love in the movie is a rich family's daughter played by Song, of South Korean soap drama Autumn In My Heart (2000) fame.On working with her for the first time, Huang says: "After we got to know each other, we had such chemistry that we felt that we had known each other for years."

He was impressed by her dedication to perfecting her Chinese-speaking role. He says: "Song worked really hard on her Mandarin. She insisted on using Mandarin to say her lines so that her lip movement would look natural with the voice-over. I really admire her. She's such a professional actress."

photo-K09ULXNLW0F1
 btw , there's another interesting "common friend" connection between HXM and SHK , both are friends with Vicky Zhao .
we've seen how HXM and SHK interacts during TC events and there are some interviews where they say something about each other, but i cant recall if  there's any interview with TK wherein he talks about SHK or something like how he describe working with her, its  only SHK that was asked about him and said something about him, hhmmm wondering what will he say if ask about SHK?????
photo-RO91NCYXOXB3

class="headline"Song Hye Kyo for Marie Claire by rolala loves on Nov 28, 2014 Song%2BHye%2BKyo%2BMarie%2BClaire%2BChin
I guess it's only appropriate for Song Hye Kyo to grace the cover and pages of Marie Claire China since the stunning South Korean actress is making quite a splash in the Chinese film market lately with not just one but two highly anticipated movies. She stars alongside Huang Xiaoming, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Masami Nagasawa, Zhang Ziyi and Tong Dawei as a wealthy heiress who loses her husband in a tragic ship accident in John Woo's The Crossing. The first part of the historical epic which has been described as an Asian Titanic opens in China next week. And she is also part of the ensemble cast of the urban romantic comedy The Queens, the directorial debut of Annie Yi. Taiwanese actor Joseph Cheng had reportedly declined a role in the movie and only changed his mind upon learning that Hye Kyo had been cast. With her astounding beauty, it's really not surprising that she has quite a list of admirers within her industry. She looks rather different here than in this Vogue Korea editorial with Kang Dong Won in Paris. Her eye makeup is seriously gorgeous in both though.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/419309_10150596924518897_1760117077_n.jpg?oh=cdb96f05563f7fc6526b4ecab46c94ed&oe=54BB438A&__gda__=1425061509_093246863fbf9d6471c276ed926b0cf1

@khyx said:
The mc is very famous for his wit and hosting skills.He has hosted many big events and award shows too,recently he just hosted Golden horse award which is equivalent to Academy awards in US.If you remember,he was the one interviewing Hye Kyo when she came to Taiwan for TWW promotion.

@khyx is this the same emcee that you're referring at Mr. Huang Zi Jiao?the one that emceed the recent pc of The Crossing in Taiwan?

credit to hb and shk fb

Thanks @MayaE for the pic :D

The crossing has completed in 5 years with its investerment cost is 400 million yuan
The latest news said that the movie get about 114 million yuan in only 6 releasing days at the box office :x

source http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2014-12-08/doc-iawzunex5315648.shtml
via weibo

class=""New John Woo Film "The Crossing" Features pan-Asian Cast

December 5, 2014

Fans of John Woo's films have been waiting for several years for the release of his last movie, The Crossing. After battling throat cancer for several years, the renowned director has returned to the movie screens with another epic period piece, this time filled with a star studded pan-Asian cast.

Based on the true story of the Chinese steamer, Taiping, the two-part movie follows the story of three couples fleeing Mainland China in 1949. Often referred to as the "Chinese Titanic," the steamer was overloaded with passengers fleeing at the end of the Chinese Civil War. The ill-fated steamer sank before reaching its destination with the death toll estimated at 1,500 passengers and crew.

This latest historically based film from John Woo is a touching tribute to everyone that has faced adversity and survived. The film is set to open in Mainland China in early December, with the second part hitting theater screens sometime in the first part of 2015. It is not only the story line that is getting attention, but also the film's pan-Asian cast.

cfp460274061.jpg?v=MTE4OTcxOzc1NTIzNzM2OzQ2MDI3NDA2MQ==

The Stars of The Crossing

The cast of the The Crossing includes famous pan-Asian actors Zhang Ziyi, Takeshi Kaneshiro, and Song Hye-kyo. The film also stars Huang Xiaoming and Masami Nagasawa who are best known for their roles in both television and film. Audiences are excitedly waiting to see Chinese film actor Zhang Ziyi who starred in the globally popular Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Memoirs of a Geisha.

Her co-stars have also won acclaim for their own work in several popular and cult favorite films. Takeshi Kaneshiro starred in the previous release by John Woo, Red Cliff, another Chinese period. His fans also watched him in Dragon, and in 1994’s Chungking Express. With his Japanese and Taiwanese heritage many of his fans think that he is uniquely qualified for his role in the latest John Woo movie.

South Korea's Beautiful Actress

Also starring in The Crossing is South Korean actress and model Song Hye-Kyo. Sometimes referred to as “the most beautiful woman in Korea," she has acted in both Asian and Western cinema. Her acting career might have gotten off to a bumpy start after a brief run of success in Korean television shows, but she blossomed as an actress in the emotional and tragic film Today when she played a character devastated by personal tragedies. With several photo books to her credit and her global appeal, many fans are eagerly anticipating her upcoming role in The Crossing.

Watch John Woo Movies and Favorite pan-Asian Stars

Even with the December release of the new John Woo film, moviegoers will still have to wait until next year to see the exciting and heartbreaking conclusion to the film. While the history of the ill-fated steamer is clearly recorded, there is always the hope that a favorite film character will survive the catastrophe. After seeing the thrilling first installment of the movie, TVpad owners can still watch all of their favorite pan-Asian film stars during the wait for the story’s conclusion.

TVpad cannot only stream John Woo classics like Red Cliff, but it also gives users access to over 160 Chinese, Japanese, and Korean television channels. The channel apps are easy to install in seconds, and soon TVpad owners can start watching all of their favorite pan-Asian stars. Watch Song Hye-Kyo in her earlier Korean television shows, or settle back and enjoy Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon one more time. With so many different Asian channels to choose from, waiting until early next year for the second installment of The Crossing won't seem like such a long wait.

http://www.tvpad.com/en/tvpad-store-blog/new-john-woo-film-the-crossing-features-pan-asian-cast.html

itemprop="name"logo-dramafever@2x.png
itemprop="name"Song Hye Gyo and Zhang Ziyi are Stunning in a Chinese epic movie, The Crossing

by Nancy Z on Sat, Dec 06, 2014 

download_4.jpg

Chinese movie, The Crossing, has topped box office results. With a cast that includes Zhang Ziyi (Crouching TIger Hidden Dragon) and Song Hye Gyo, the movie is filmed in 3D and directed by international famed director John Woo. The period drama depicts the fate of three couples interwoven in the times of turmoil in the late 1940s. It is inspired by a true story and has been hailed as the Chinese "Titanic". Watch the riveting trailer.

The Crossing took a year to film, and it included the construction of a replica of the Taiping luxury liner that met a tragic demise, taking the lives of over 1,000 passengers. Part one of the two-part epic film was released on December 2 in China to blockbuster results.

Leading actors from three countries play the three couples whose fates intersect In the movie. Song Hye Gyo plays an heiress who meets and falls for a Chinese general played by Huang Xiao Ming (Summer's Desire.) Zhang Ziyi plays a nurse who is in love with a soldier destined for the front lines. Takeshi Kaneshiro is a Taiwanese doctor who is drafted into the army and dreams of reuniting with his love, Masami Nagasawa.

The Crossing will actually be Song Hye Gyo's third Chinese movie, following The Grandmaster and The Queens.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/song-hye-gyo-and-zhang-ziyi-are-stunning-in-chinese-epic-movie-the-crossing/