Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest abcchin

OMG that's surprising. Now this is a lil different from the original Daniel, (Dylan). He looks so cool DJ-ing LETMME JOIN YOUUUU LOL. ehehe I see the contrast between his char night and day hahaha..I'm totally looking forward for his stuff on the upcomin month since there's more stuff comin up.
Been lurking thesedays since I'm quite busy on transition period. wish me luck!
tumblr_n7amys1Txv1r6tcjeo1_250.gif

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"Cho Jin-hyuk Has Multiple Jobs in MBC’s New Drama ‘Fate to Love You’%EC%9A%B4%EB%84%90%EC%82%AC_%EC%B5%9C%EC
MBC’s new TV series ‘Fated to Love You’ is attracting much attention for the reunion of Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra after 12 years. Choi Jin-hyuk will also star in the drama, playing ‘Daniel’. The production team has released still photos of Choi Jin-hyuk.
Choi Jin-hyuk is drawing on a sketchbook in one photo, attracting much attention. He completely looks like a world renowned designer. Choi Jin-hyuk also looks like a DJ in the photo where he wears a golden color jacket and head-phones. He looks sexy and free.
Choi Jin-hyuk looks like a warm and sweet clergyman in the photo where he is walking with a nun on the path through a forest. Now the interests in his various roles in the new TV series are high
Choi Jin-hyuk is a industrial designer in the drama. He plays ‘Daniel’ who has such a good taste and made his own fortune. He works as a DJ for night, one of his hobbies. The talented homme fatale also helps poor children who live in a Catholic church.
Cho Jin-hyuk accidently heard Jang Na-ra (Kim Mi-young)’s confession, which made him act like a fake priest or a ‘Daddy Long Legs’ to protect her. He is anticipated to attract more female fans with his new role.
‘Fated to Love You’ will be an interesting and sweet love story for this summer. The story is about one man and one woman who go on a trip from a unexpected event found to be a trick. The woman gets pregnant after they spend a night together. The 1st episode of the new drama will be aired on July 2nd.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by NUMBER 3 PICTURES CO.,LTD . / Page One Film CO.,LTD., Translated by Lee Sarah | GetItK | June 17 2014

Stills Of Choi Jin Hyuk In “Fated To Love You” Released

He"s the type who can easily charm women, but when he coincidentally learns about jang na ra"s pregnancy, he takes it upon himself to take care of her in her times.

Stills Of Choi Jin Hyuk In “Fated To Love You” Released

Choi Jin Hyuk shows his ability to portray a variety of roles in his upcoming project “Fated To Love You.”

His character Daniel is a genius designer who reached the top at a young age. He”s the type who can easily charm women, but when he coincidentally learns about Jang Na Ra”s pregnancy, he takes it upon himself to take care of her in her times of trouble, showing a kind interior to his otherwise loud persona.

In the stills, two sides of his character were featured. Two of the pictures show his genius designer side, wearing flashy clothing and large sunglasses, and partying it up at the club as a DJ.

The other photos show a kind-hearted churchgoer who is talking to a nun, presumably about the church children he supports.

On Choi Jin Hyuk, a drama representative stated, “Being a rising star in romantic comedies, Choi Jin Hyuk”s participation in the drama greatly reassures the production team.”

“Fated To Love You” is the Korean remake of the hit Taiwanese drama of the same title. Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra portray an unlikely couple who go through a speedy romance, which ends up with an unplanned pregnancy.

The drama premieres on July 2.

Cr. Kdramastars.com

The blogger made a funny sketch for tvN GFI making #10
http://548312.blog.me/220028946553
Making – the flower scent from you

eabvmJs.jpg
GFI romance is starting??
cRCPgaD.jpg
[[soon Jae halbae hasn’t had a cuddle like this for many decades.]] (screen caption)
Last week I glanced through a scene mentioning about Soon Jae halbae’s scent… as expected!!  It isn’t just a dream!!
There was this scent coming from 70s Soon Jae halbae.
b3nlFXw.jpg
It’s the scent of a real man (상남자: It seems this phrase is a trendy expression.)
s4WHXAz.jpg
[[in this world there are only few who have manner legs like the actress, Cho Hee.]]
Hyaha ~ (햐하) Sniffing around for the smell. There is the smell from this real man (상남자)
(Sol Sol Sol ~) (솔솔 솔)~
s4WHXAz.jpg
[[ Even though his appearance was changed his scent is the same as before.]]
Even though his appearance was changed his scent is the same as before.
It ‘s indisputable from the SJ halbae’s scent…. ;; sweat/sweat (땀땀)
However could Cho Hee smell the same scent of a real man… as I wonder
s4WHXAz.jpg
Could perhaps she confuse with some else? (Eu euing) ( 으응)??!!

mhmFvyh.jpg
[[ Even though his appearance was changed his scent is the same as before.]]
…… Yes Even though his appearance was changed his scent is the same as before.
Lee.. Joon.. Suck.. (I don’t know why the blogger put a different word for the third name.)
Hy7bPWU.jpg
It’s the scent of a real man.
gH4HDoO.jpg
(eu heu heu) (으흐흐)
What will happen to the indisputable SJ halbae…;;;
XhPBTvZ.jpg
[[ Suddenly Cho Hee talks less and stops teasing.]]
Still Cho Hee feels more comfortable with hugging a real man, SJ halbae.    At the same time hugging with Lee Joon Suck feels rather cold… yep!!   Comforting is only from SJ halbae!!
qDeDJcL.jpg
Listen Cho Hee-ya !! Don’t you be confused!!

2Jgzmcb.jpg
cA7ng67.jpg
[[Cho Hee: Ooh( e-ou).. I haven’t seen for awhile such a (real ) young man ..]]
흐흐흐흐
Hurry bringing back SJ halbae…   If you sniff/sniff too long with a younger man, you’ll be in trouble!!
ZLYIrX9.jpg
It’ll be harder for you if you don’t stop now.

C4mVDGl.jpg
RDYWDuj.jpg
[[Kim pdnim : What is it?! ]]
Hmm (흠).. what is it /what is it?

pNkqT6o.jpg
[[Why now][ The film file made an error so it has to reshoot ]]
The film file made an error so it has to reshoot. .. (heol) ( 헐)
Once again sniff/sniff?

If I feel envy I’m losing .. (yes in silence) (eum) (음) …;;; sweat/sweat (땀땀)
I feel a little envy. Just a bit
aqMbKDt.jpg
[[ Wishing to make 100 NG…]]
YcOjqZE.jpg
[[Kim pdnim: Cho Hee- iya.. ( don’t rub) but sniff ..]]
a66GkqA.jpg
[stop rubbing] [Even if you push me away, I couldn’t help myself but liking you.]
Yes
Cho Hee may have forgotten SJ halbae’s hug already….;; sweat/sweat (땀땀)
What should be done?
Should I bring in MIB’s gun and erase her memory?
666o0ze.jpg
Before that will happen please Cho Hee-ya come back to SJ halbae. ㅋ
rtHKnbw.jpg
[[Cho Hee: It’s the same…]]
What is your eyes ....;;;; looking at... ;;;
Twj1jGV.jpg
Of course the real man is GFI Soon Jae halbae ….!!

[tvN] GF Drama [GFI]
F 9:30pm

RAM2taH.jpg

@spideysteve, thank you so much for posting new info on CJH in the FTLY thread.  I am re-posting your links here.

Link to FTLY website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/dlove/index.html
Link to CJH's interview video for FTLY: http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=2409439&page=1&bid=dlove_sketch

@booha, are you able to help translate out what our Hyuk-Hyuk said in the video? Pretty please? Hugs and kisses. :-*

I was always a bit concerned over CJH taking on the role of Daniel in the remake, because I was never a fan of Dylan in the original FTLY. I'd always felt that Dylan was a rather 1-dimensional character. But having seen the new stills and articles come out over the last days, it seems like Daniel is a very different character from Dylan. At the very least, he seems much more fleshed out in the remake, a multi-dimensional character and someone with a lot of "layers" to him. For that, I am very grateful. (Thank you writer-nim!!) A genius designer, who also does DJ-ing as a hobby, a homme fatale, he is also someone who supports poor children living in a catholic church. What a myriad of personalities he plays! I can see now why CJH decided to take on this role. It's challenging and he relishes challenges.

:) He excels in giving depth to whatever character he plays in, and in a role like this, he would have many opportunities to show everyone what is capable of. It is a challenging role, but one that I think he would have no problems taking on and I am really looking forward to catching it when it finally airs. 2 weeks folks! 2 weeks more and we get to see our Hyuk-Hyuk on both the big and small screens! Hurray!

Agreed with @celes80 & thanks @spideysteve  for posting this latest photo, such gorgeous colours!
@Ihjj  I guess we *get* why he wears lots of rings & bracelets now --> Genius Designer! (gosh there are lots of genius characters in kdramaland) 
:D

@JoonJ.Lee Are those bracelets the ones that you've make for him?!
  :-bd
imageimage

Hello Hyuk-Hyuk girls!  As promised earlier, because I really enjoyed reading this article very much, I've translated it out for the rest of you to enjoy!
Edit: Made some corrections to the translation below, with input from @booha who read off the original Korean article. Thanks much @booha!
==Choi Jin Hyuk - <I am still kinda like a "lightly-pickled Kimchi"...I will come back from the military after becoming "well-pickled">OhmyStar | 2014年06月15日17時48分 (Article release date: 15 June 2014)

Original link here
CJH-Star_zpsce5e7f52.jpg

[Participation Award] Actor Choi Jin Hyuk spoke about his feelings after the drama EC ended. It being his very first time in a leading role, his results were promising, even though it would have been even better if his scores were a little higher, but Choi Jin Hyuk was humble about the whole experience. More than anything else, “To have endured through the 3 months of filming is amazing”, he said. 
“It was the first time I’d stomached such a punishing schedule. Until now, I have never had the experience of being in such a terrible condition physically, I finally got to experience it this one time.” Looking back, he added: “The fact that we endured and survived through it all without any incidents means a lot to me.  The fact that I got to participate in the drama, is a very meaningful prize in itself.”
“In my previous drama “The Heirs”, before filming was over, (Lee) Min Ho had a really rough time.  At the time, when Min Ho had said the words “intense” to me, I did not fully understand what he meant. But, this time from the moment the drama started broadcasting, it was non-stop filming all through the night. I had to endure this for about 3 months. Now, to a certain extent, I have gotten used to it. After filming for EC ended, when I gave Min Ho a call and said that “I felt like I was going to die”, he replied: “Serves you right!” (laughs). Because it was the first time I was in a leading role, I had a lot of anxiety.  Luckily, I was able to endure through it all, and that meant a lot to me.”
“The burden of being in the leading role for the first time, it felt like a test”
Just because it was his “first leading role”, it does not mean that he did not feel burdened. From feelings of hatred towards his ex-wife after he got divorced, to developing feelings for her all over again, having to act out a wide range of emotions going back and forth, to him, it was a big challenge. After all, in his previous works, his appearance was always that of a “solemn and cautious” character, and that was the cause of all his worries.
Hence, for that reason, at the production presentation meeting, Choi Jin Hyuk had said: “The first time I met the production staff at my seat, I said something like ‘I doubt I am capable of delivering a storyline such as this.’ (Celes80: actual word used was “synopsis” but “storyline” probably fits better).” He spoke his mind freely and added: “If I don’t act this out correctly, the drama would probably not be interesting. I was very worried that the role was way beyond my capabilities. From GFB until "The Heirs", if we take it that I was learning how to act during that period, then this round should be regarded as being a test." He said: "As to how long more I can continue acting in this lifetime, I decided that to regard this as a step towards the final examination."
CJH-Star2_zps8b496108.jpg

CJH-Star3_zps3c1db1b8.jpg

With that purpose in mind, he started being thoroughly "calculative". He thought that it would be way cooler to portray a guy who was ignorant of the ways of the world, who was moved by love and had to grow up because of it; the plan was to emphasize the journey of growth rather than the romance itself. “If people become even just a little bored of me, they would switch channels immediately.” With that realisation, he was prepared to shout (a little more) to become this “shameless” man.  At the start of the drama, for the scene where he had to entertain the hospital director when he was an employee of a pharmaceutical company, he downed a bottle of hard liquor (焼酎: Japanese liquor similar to vodka) in just slightly over 5 minutes. When Oh Chang Min who was faced with a patient walking the mountain pass of death shouted: “If you don’t live, you won’t be able to see your wife!”, I exclaimed for joy for Choi Jin Hyuk who has finally arrived. (Celes80: I believe this refers to the kidney transplant patient in episode 11, whose ex-wife didn’t initially want to donate a kidney.  OCM brought him back to life when he refused to give up and continued CPR.)
"When I smile, when I scowl, when I look expressionless, there is a huge difference. I thought that was an advantage I have over others. I thought that I had a lot more things to show. That is the reason why I chose this project, if I am unable to show it well, I think I would be scared. In all the roles that I have acted in so far, he was the brightest and most transparent (Celes80: actual word used was “white”), which was good. Without being overly heavy, the seriousness of his character was reflected when his father died. There were a number of awkward scenes… those were somewhat difficult (laughs).”
"And so, we really went through all kinds of hardship when filming. In real life, we (Celes80: refers to Song Ji Hyo and Choi Jin Hyuk) don't have a romantic relationship with each other, our relationship is really just that of very good colleagues. Our relationship? She is older than me, so I had to be careful how I talked to her. But (Song) Ji-hyo noona was able to talk freely to me. Have I explained it clearly enough? (laughs)"
“What happens if people forget about you when you go into the army?  I will do my best after I go in”
In the year 2011, through tvN’s drama “I Need Romance” Season 1, Choi Jin Hyuk shook the hearts of many women with his appearance as the successor to a hotel chain.  That was when he first started drawing attention to himself.  In 2013, he continued to bask in the limelight with his dramas “Gu Family Book” and “The Heirs”, and thereafter consolidated his status firmly through the drama “Emergency Couple”.  “The movie ‘The Divine Move’ was also shot in 2013, so to me, the year 2013 is an especially meaningful one.” said Choi Jin Hyuk. “My sense of responsibility has become much stronger since filming EC” he said, after evaluating himself.  That sense of responsibility refers to him starring as the “leading actor” in the drama, but at the same time, it also refers to the sense of responsibility he has towards his job “as an actor”. 
“Everyone went through a hard time. There were many times when I was dozing off whilst standing, when I was woken up suddenly with a pat and was told: “We are shooting now” and I had to go film the scenes. For that reason, actually on the film set itself I was angry, but I did not want to show that I was tired. I was happy that I had enough sense to do that.”
“Also, because one can become overwhelmed with emotions as an actor, I think that there might come a time when I end up forgetting everything in the middle of shoot, so I write down the tone of my own feelings into the script itself.  If I do this, even if I am just acting, I can hold on tightly to my emotions; I want to raise the scores (for my acting) such that the tone of my emotions are not swayed even once. It becomes tough physically, but one is less likely to miss out on parts which may have been overlooked. But, I thought to myself: “Now, it may be tiring, but if I act like that, it will last a lifetime. “
CJH-Star4_zps78bbc92a.jpg

To Choi Jin Hyuk, taking on the lead role in the drama EC re-inspired his sense of responsibility towards acting, at the same time, it gave him the confidence to walk the “path of an actor”. He gave off this impression as he talked about the drama EC and said: “It’s no good. It seems like I have to continue on with this job”. He showed his affection towards the drama when he said: “When we were filming, I learnt a lot of things, but I think that I remember it even more now that it is over.” Choi Jin Hyuk has managed to exit the long tunnel and is now standing proudly under the spotlight. If we borrow the expression of his previous work in “The Heirs”, he is now fully ready to “bear the weight of the crown”.
“People have asked me: “When you go into the army, people will forget about you during this period right?”  However, I am working hard to not think about that sort of thing.  But I have this feeling that something great will come out of it.  When I enter the army, I want to try and do my best with all my heart. When one leaves and comes back, it seems like one gains even more. I will become “well-pickled” when I return. Right now, it feels like I am still sort of like a “lightly-pickled Kimchi”? (laughs)”

My thoughts on the above article.  The above post is already rather long, so I've opted to draw it out as a separate post.

I really liked reading about his relationship with Min Ho and his Ji-hyo noona (I find it super cute that he refers to her as his noona. Haha.)  For Min Ho to be able to respond with a "Serves you right!", they must be really good friends. :)  And his Ji-hyo noona too. They must be really good friends behind the scenes as well.  Haha.

More importantly, I liked reading about how much EC meant to him. We all know that GFB holds special meaning to him, given it was the turning point in his acting career, but EC was special to him too in that it gave him his first leading role.  It re-affirmed his decision to want to continue acting for the rest of his lifetime (hopefully) and re-inspired his sense of responsibility towards his job as an actor. EC holds a very special place in my heart too and I'm so glad it's the same for him. He's a tough guy, our CJH.  Physical characteristics aside, I really admire him for his tenacity and determination to never give up no matter how difficult the situation is.  Actually, I think that is why I really love him so much.  It's what in there internally and not externally that really made me bonkers over him and not other actors. There are many other handsome and pretty actors and actresses out there, and they will all come and go with time. Looks will fade with time, but its really what's in there that matters the most and that will determine whether you will be able to stand tall in the entertainment industry come what may. CJH is very mature for his age, and he has the right attitude towards his work and with that, he will be able to go very far, no matter what he does. I'm just so glad he stumbled into acting, even though he never intended to head down that path.  I'm looking forward to walking many more years with him. :)

Sorry, it's such a sentimental post from me. *Sniff* 

@Yeekrfan2 @celes80 Thank you for the pictures and links!  I hope you’ll like what CJH says about the Daniel character.  It sounds like CJH gave a little more twist in his character.
(my guessing) It seems the character Daniel has a bit of edge to himself. I wonder if he has some scars from childhood.  Could he be an orphan who grew up in that catholic church?  Unlike the male lead who comes from an old established line of jaebol family, Daniel is from nobody and is self made so that he understands or attracts the female lead who gets trapped into the rich by an accident?  CJH talks about Daniel who has a skewed attitude at the beginning of the drama.  It could be he acts a bit arrogant or rebellious because he has to socialize with the rich people. Some bits of thoughts!!
PS In the first shooting video, CJH is filming with Wang Ji Won but I couldn’t understand what she is saying to Daniel(CJH) in her video.
(translation)  MBC FTLY  영상스케치 ( image sketch)
[Live scene]  Daniel/ CJH  The first shooting impression
B5LGCEY.jpg
(translation)

(006) How are you! I’m CJH and I will play a character, Daniel in FTLY.
(010) Nice meeting you!
(024) [The introduction of character] My character has a painful experience of (?)desertion/estrangement in childhood.
(028) Actually at the beginning the concept of character was a long legged ajeossi who protects and helps the female lead, Jang Na Ri-si on the side.
(039) But this kind of character has been frequently used before,
(044) so in this drama, my character starts somewhat bad/nutty then slowly he will grow up with maturity. I thought this concept might work better for my character.
(055) At the beginning the viewers might not think of him very likable.
(102) [ The impression about the first shooting] I have done many projects but the first shooting always gives me an unfamiliar feeling and each time it brings out different feelings like excitement yet it’s tense or difficult. The first shooting can be new and interesting.
(There is a bit of talk here and there but they are hard to hear clearly. But the next scene is for the shooting. I feel it gives out a bit of Daniel.)
(147) ( Stewardess) “Who is that person?”
(149) (Daniel looks a bit cocky at her before answering.)
(153) (Daniel) “She’s my sister. How is it!   She is pretty isn’t she?”
(158) (Daniel) “(inaudible)”
(200) (Daniel) “If you like(?), just say it.” (May be he’s talking about the dress??)
(204) [The viewers] This is the first shooting day for FTLY!   Lot’s love!
(214) Thank you!!

NEbuX1Z.jpg

screen caps:

yCbAvJq.jpg
98sq2hp.jpg
aB2XEOp.jpg
6PCpWH9.jpg

CyY2TYv.jpg
72mRero.jpg
4xZ6H4g.jpg

1: Daniel’s expression
2: When Daniel talks about his sister, he takes off the sunglasses and his facial expression becomes warmer.
B8E0htu.jpg
QS8119u.jpg

mRNsSMX.jpg
l3bFvgA.jpg
6tN7pU1.jpg

@celes80‌ @booha‌

Thanks so much for the translations!! You both are superstars in here!!

I got piles of work to finish since our Hyuk has lots of news #:-S I hope I can finished all the subbing jobs before end of July!

Btw, I'm so curious about how he portrayed Daniel. In the BTS video, he said he has twisted a bit to the character's setting. Not likable? Will be more mature at later time? My mind juz popped up 'Oh Chang Min'! As I'm so familiar with this character in the original Taiwanese version, I juz can't imagine how this 'hyukized' Daniel would be!!

thanks2.gif

@booha & @celes80 for the wonderful translation again, it's such a pleasure to read it and can't agreed more with you lovely ladies. 

teasing.gif

It's such a cute & smart way to describe himself as lightly-pickled kimchi and looking forward to the well-seasoned version...yummy!

bye.gif

@booha Thanks so much for the translation! *kiss* :) I must say, the way CJH has decided to approach the character of Daniel is something that I have come to expect of him... Nothing less. Haha.  He never takes the script and character at face value and always gives his own input as to how he thinks his character should be fleshed out, to be more realistic, more believable, so the audience would be able to better relate to his character. I am now really looking forward to seeing his portrayal of Daniel in FTLY.  Surprise me, CJH! :)
@PolarisCat You are right! The name 'Oh Chang Min' popped up in my head as well. Hahaha. "Hyuk-ised" Daniel. What a cute term you have come up with.  I am really looking forward to seeing your subbed videos, when you are done with it. *wink*  Take your time. 
@Yeekrfan2 I loved how he described himself as being a lightly-pickled vs well-seasoned kimchi too.  It was the first time I'd heard of anyone saying they were like kimchi. Haha.  Anyway, I love your gifs, as usual. Keep them coming. :)
P.S. I'm going to be busy for a while the next few weeks, cos I'm in the midst of preparing for a major relocation to the US for 1 year (for work reasons). So I'm likely going to revert to "lurking mode" for a while until everything's all sorted.  Will try to pop in whenever I can. Hope to see lots and lots of news of our Hyuk-hyuk from everyone in this thread when I'm back! Take care! Love you guys.