Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Which of those dramas is the best? I really wanted to watch Justice but Nana is not my favorite actress.  :D

@partyon, ahh, I don't even know what to pick as the best since I find them all good. Well, amongst the (3) dramas you mentioned, why don't you try watching "Pride and Prejudice" since you don't like "Justice"  - I should have said "Rugal" but, it was not on your list. :tounge_xd:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, willenette said:

@partyon, ahh, I don't even know what to pick as the best since I find them all good. Well, amongst the (3) dramas you mentioned, why don't you try watching "Pride and Prejudice" since you don't like "Justice"  - I should have said "Rugal" but, it was not on your list. :tounge_xd:

I dropped Rugal after ep 3 :D Even oppa couldn't make me stay.

minions mic drop GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, willenette said:

@partyon, ohhh....................that's so sad to know. I loved the drama. Well, nobody's alike - hahaha 

True! :) I hope oppa will pick a really good drama next time!

Would love to see him play a hot villain (his abs are underutilized in my opinion :D ) or in a melodrama.

I was glad to see him in a comedy - he did say several years ago in an interview that he felt that he could do well in a comedy, and yeah, he was totally right :love:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@willenette  @partyon @Min2206
whhaha chingul  nice to see many many bubbly chats    It’s been quite awhile  Before CJH’s enlistment, this thread used to be a fun place, though I have to admit it wasn’t like a mega LMH’s thread but enough enthusiastic members filled pages with a lot joy being here for CJH.
I know my soompi talk is rather limited, but I enjoy so much reading others’.  :happydance:

rTklFQO.gif

**‘Mr Queen’  Yoon Sung Sik PDnim expressed his appreciation for CJH’s cameo appearance.

Yoon Sung Sik says “Rather than saying there is a special relationship between CJH and me,  I had a chance to work a debut project with CJH who was a 21- yr old rookie actor at the time. I myself was a rookie PD too and we worked together on a youth drama.   I was grateful that he accepted the cameo appearance without hesitation.   

As he just finished shooting his other work, he must not have much time to prepare so it would have been difficult for him.”

“It was a hard filming for the role in terms of difficulty.  There were a lot of difficult scenes such as diving into the water, hanging on the wire, and cooking, but he worked very hard and I’m thankful.”

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202012091157178010

BLq4Avo.jpg

olxg0ua.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Choi Jin Hyuk gifs from Mr. Queen :love: All gif credits go to @Ameera Ali :kiss_wink:

Mr. Player :joy:

Oppa and a pigeon :joy:

Seems familiar, huh?Does it look like oppa has put on some weight again? I'm glad :partyblob:

You are right There is some extra on his cheek.   I hope he gained back some lost weight.  :sipsboba:
Wow that pigeon poop is so hilarious. I completely missed about it. As far as I’m concerned that cute, adorable pigeon will get my kdrama crown for a day.  haha
Thank you for reposting  the gifs here
Love the water kiss scene   It has been a while since he had shown any kissing scene (last one, Devilish Joy which dumped on us a truckload of kisses  my goodness haha)  Otherwise CJH is very stingy with such things in dramas.  It’s true the water kiss isn’t technically a real kiss but rather like a lip-locking for a soul transmission or something like that.  Yeah the real kiss is left for the queen and the king.  
Still the scene is done beautifully.

1RTJZ0M.jpg

Spoiler

QSqNsVp.jpg

g3kwOEC.jpg

RJBMkmI.jpg

7tZeO2d.jpg

FgJJe1E.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, booha said:

You are right There is some extra on his cheek.   I hope he gained back some lost weight.
<snip>
Love the water kiss scene   It has been a while since he had shown any kissing scene (last one, Devilish Joy which dumped on us a truckload of kisses  my goodness haha)  Otherwise CJH is very stingy with such things in dramas. 

I am so happy that he has gained back his weight. He was too skinny in Zombie Detective.Yay for weight gain! Oppa, you're looking good! :partyblob:

It's true that he's very stingy when it comes to kisses in dramas. So many of his dramas don't feature romance.

In a way it's a pity, because he's a good kisser. Remember seeing an interview of him where the interviewer pointed out that ahjummas in Korea adore oppa because he's such a great kisser. hahah :D I think it was back when Devilish Joy was airing. :D

Then again, he seems to be one of those actors who don't want to be stuck in the rom-com genre (like my other oppa Ji Chang Wook). I think it's great he's trying out different genres.

I REALLY hope to see him do a villain role one day - I think he would do well!
Melodrama as well.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am so happy that he has gained back his weight. He was too skinny in Zombie Detective.Yay for weight gain! Oppa, you're looking good!

It's true that he's very stingy when it comes to kisses in dramas. So many of his dramas don't feature romance.

In a way it's a pity, because he's a good kisser. Remember seeing an interview of him where the interviewer pointed out that ahjummas in Korea adore oppa because he's such a great kisser. hahah :D I think it was back when Devilish Joy was airing. :D

Then again, he seems to be one of those actors who don't want to be stuck in the rom-com genre (like my other oppa Ji Chang Wook). I think it's great he's trying out different genres.

I REALLY hope to see him do a villain role one day - I think he would do well!
Melodrama as well.

@partyon, actually, that's his nickname : ‘a great kisser, master of kiss'. Choi Jin-hyuk was always embarrassed every time they teased him about this. He said he's not good at it. I remember he was asked then in one of the shows he appeared in - “Do you kiss for real? Even though it’s acting, won’t you develop feelings?” He answered : "Inevitably, there are times that I develop feelings, and times that I don’t.” See? Hahaha - :grin:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@willenette @partyon  @Min2206

Well ‘Devilish Joy’ is a cable-tv drama which seems to have more leeway about doing fan service, like kissing scenes and others?.  DJ has more than 20 kiss scenes (or somewhere around? hehe)   I don’t think even regular cable dramas carry on that much fan service!!  I’m not complaining.  Just a bit surprised that CJH let it happen in DJ  haha :tounge_xd:
DJ’s PD is a woman and she called CJH ‘Giant-cry-baby’   haha   You know CJH has such boundless tears. He doesn’t need any artificial tears for any sad scene.  Any sad memory can trigger him to tears instantly.   
Btw about DJ’s torrent of kiss scenes, I’m guessing maybe these two caused it to happen??;
(1) PDnim nagged at CJH day after day about the lead’s sacred obligation of a fan service and she succeeded.  haha   Well we, women, know well about nagging techniques right?! :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: haha   
(2) Then something about Song Ha-yoon   There were many fans who wondered whether these two, SHY and CJH were possibly dating in reality.  I had the same feeling too.  Normally CJH acted professionally and friendly with his drama partner in between shootings but with SHY, seeing BTS they seemed more personal to each other which might have spilled over in the drama relationship.  Just a thought  haha

pRhgu9Q.gif

vJhtP8w.gif

jN5bb3M.gif

DJ PC

Spoiler

** PDnim in the middle

iv5hwtN.jpg

GvbtH6K.jpg

qIsmRgA.jpg

UzsbVFX.jpg

attic scene

Spoiler

cbdBXrR.gif

PyuHBLU.gif

cr to DC

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

@booha Ooh, would be nice if he were dating. :love: It's a pity that he has stated that he will NEVER again reveal whom he's dating. :joy:

He does seem to be one of those guys that has quite a lot of friends who are women. I am thinking of Jang Nara for example, whom he's been good friends with for over 15 years already.

In The Last Empress they were super touchy feely in BTS videos, which is so unbelievably uncharacteristic of Jang Nara - she's always SUPER reserved with her MLs. :D

But it's because they have been friends for such a long time - you could totally tell how comfortable they were with each other.

I also watched the Happy Together interview from 2014, and he was really good friends with a female sunbae who helped him with his career when he was starting out. Seems her manager was the one who discovered him back in the day. They were just so close and familiar - he even wanted to buy her a car. :D

Even in Zombie Detective oppa and the FL seemed to get along very comfortably. Seems he's one of those guys who is really easy to get along with.

Or then he's a player. :joy:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Even in Zombie Detective oppa and the FL seemed to get along very comfortably. Seems he's one of those guys who is really easy to get along with.

Or then he's a player. :joy:

Player or not, he has that very approachable mannerism .. esp when he smiles.  And with that voice, even without a face,  I am sure those who did not see Epi 1 of Mr Queen, will ask ... who is he?

pRhgu9Q.gif

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

8 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @booha for DJ clips.  Might consider one day.    Presently I am so happy to get to hear his sexy, deep voice on Mr Queen (2020) drama

and I so like your emoji

@Min2206, yes, I hope you could get to watch this drama when you find time. "Devilish Joy" comes out to be that of a Rom-Com genre. So, I love it, I find it good. The drama was a sweet entertainment and some of the parts in the drama were also very intriguing.Though there was a lot of height difference between the leads, (hahaha) you cannot deny the fact that they looked perfect. Despite their difficulties in life, their love deepened throughout the drama. I believe all the characters perfectly paired up together and the drama is also well written. "Devilish Joy" comes out to be a sweet love story with a twist, which is good if you are looking for something light to watch. Don’t miss out this one if you are a fan of romantic dramas.  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

..... "Devilish Joy" comes out to be a sweet love story with a twist, which is good if you are looking for something light to watch. Don’t miss out this one if you are a fan of romantic dramas.  :blush:

Sorry to cut your post @willenette   - already put it in my list.  Am going for something light and sweet.  Romance with Zoppa would be a bonus !

Review Mr. Queen: Khác xa bản gốc vẫn hài hơn dự kiến lại thêm Shin Hye Sun  "cân team" duyên quá là duyên

come kiss me @partyon

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Player or not, he has that very approachable mannerism .. esp when he smiles.  And with that voice, even without a face,  I am sure those who did not see Epi 1 of Mr Queen, will ask ... who is he?

That is true. His smile is the best! :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

come kiss me @partyon

Are you talking about yourself or oppa? :joy:

Well, I'm a good kisser too! :joy:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1