Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

5 hours ago, larus said:

I was surprised that Seo jin is not a very calculated and cold headed woman like I thought she will be.

Yes that was surprising to me as well. She is very emotional and vulnerable. And i think that is part of what makes her so scary that she is so impulsive and unpredictable.

Anyway i am rooting for Soyon tonight!

21 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

Anyway i am rooting for Soyon tonight!

I know that she will win an award today at SBS Drama Awards. This year, as they celebrate 30 years, they will be very generous with the awards. They are happy that they had more succesful dramas this years than the other two networks.

So yeon did a very good job portraying Seo jin and I am proud of her.

Penthouse' Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Lee Ji-ah... Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-Length Drama at SBS Drama awards

img_20210101010157_e09a6d31.webp

Kim So-yeon, Eugene, and Lee Ji-ah, who played an active part in the'Penthouse' at the '2020 SBS Drama Awards' held at the Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Seoul on the 31st, received the award .

Kim So-yeon said, "I'm a villain (in the drama) and my parents-in-law always say that I'm cool. Thank you very much. I love my family. Lastly, I love Lee Sang-woo, who gave me so much support during the Penthouse."

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/606726

I had a feeling that she will wear back tonight. She looked very beautiful.

Video

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

Ugh, KSY missed the Daesang. She deserves it.

Yes, she was so close again! But I am happy that Namgoong Min received it. It was a surprise because usually the highest rating drama actor will get the Grand Prize. At least So yeon`s friend actor got it .

I wish So yeon will play in a serious drama, with an unique plot like Stove League. I was rooting for this drama to get the Best Drama and to So yeon to get the Daesang but I am satisfied with the result.

The piano madness scene became legendary. But I miss the nuanced acting. I really want to see So yeon in another drama soon. Maybe it will be next year. So ...not so soon.

BTS

So yeon`s management company (J Wide Company)uploaded a picture

9a347233341f682217f04d23fa2d809442324dd1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeGnB1J9S8/

Comment from JWide company: Two actors who shined brighter than anyone in the 2020 work, Congratulations on the awards of actors Hojin Chun and Soyeon Kim.

SBS'Penthouse' as Cheon Seo-jin Showing irreplaceable acting skills and  beauty Actress Kim So-yeon won the' Best Actress Award'

96088fe44810f82ef8971702530618ed0525924e

Spoiler

8f6d7b007f4ec45d76b90474ef0ab42c8fd1aaf4

1562bc531c58e7014b7895607472d0992b61799f

97bdb0756c242fa06074aa78d66ba2c06c1f089c

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeJqTZJReK/

bbc43c50a757544e05804f1b7c4cda0e034045b7

Spoiler

8a879107b9afa390867e02767c5925570569512a

• Like 1

'Penthouse' Kim So-yeon "I want to see Lee Sang-woo the most right now, I always appreciate and love you for your support"

7203520b-1807-40ed-96c7-535449504608.jpg

Actor Kim So-yeon expressed her affection for her husband and actor Lee Sang-woo. The '2020 SBS Drama Awards' was held at the Sangam SBS Prism Tower on the afternoon of the 31st with Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jeong. On this day, Kim So-yeon received the Best Acting prize for'Penthouse' along with Lee Jia and Eugene. Kim So-yeon said, "Kim Soon Ok always presents a wonderful script. "Thank you, director Joo Dong-min and the staff for listening to author Ok and actors." "I'm a villain, but my mother-in-law always cheers me for being cool. I love you from the bottom of my heart. I really appreciate my mom and dad. I also love Lee Sang-woo, the person I want to see now, who gave me so much support during'Penthouse'."

Meanwhile, the '2020 SBS Drama Awards' pursued a safe awards ceremony according to the guidelines of the quarantine authorities. Unlike before, there is no table in which the performers gather under the stage, and each waits in the waiting space, and when the prize winner calls, they come out and receive an award.

https://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202101010058247523

093db3bc4f726c3b6a20753b8fe9a23be31513b4

She sends her appreciation to PD, writer, the crew and actors of 'Penthouse', her agency J-WIDE company, her manager, stylist, staff...
"Thank you very much and thank my fans.
Although I play the role of villain, my parents-in-law always say that I'm so cool and give me supports. Thank you so much.
And my parents, my family members and my nephew, really love you.
Finally, during my shooting of 'Penthouse', the one who gave me a very strong support, and now I also miss you so much, Lee Sang Woo ssi. I love you

source

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJe-WH-p0VR/

• Like 2

January Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

de5f7897eeb4442894aea67c68bfc220.jpeg?s=

Jan 2, 2021
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between December 2, 2020 and January 2, 2021.

Kim So Yeon, who is currently starring in the smash hit drama “The Penthouse,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 9,344,658. High-ranking phrases in her keyword analysis included “The Penthouse,” “Lee Ji Ah,” and “Lee Sang Woo,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “act,” “passionate acting,” and “award.” The actress’s positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 70.55 percent positive reactions.

1. Kim So Yeon
  2. Cha Eun Woo
  3. Lee Ji Ah
  4. Shin Hye Sun
  5. Moon Ga Young
  6. Kim Jung Hyun
  7. Jo Byeong Gyu
  8. Kim Sejeong
  9. Uhm Ki Joon
  10. Kim Young Dae
  11. Hwang In Yeob
  12. Hwang Jung Min
  13. Shin Se Kyung
  14. Jo Yeo Jeong
  15. INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo
  16. Im Siwan
  17. Namgoong Min
  18. Ahn Bo Hyun
  19. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  20. S.E.S.’s Eugene
  21. Yoo Joon Sang
  22. Shin Sung Rok
  23. Go Joon
  24. Lee Se Young
  25. Kwon Nara
  26. WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon
  27. Lee Chung Ah
  28. Lee Chae Young
  29. Seol In Ah
  30. NU’EST’s Minhyun

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446496wpp/january-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

So Yeon after the award.

A compilation between Penthouse: War in Life and Sky Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeTy0xHCUGM

Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) vs Han Seo Jin (Yum Jung Ah)

Both characters are named Seo Jin. :D Both character have a lot in common. Even the dramas deal with a common problem but the execution, tone of those dramas are so different. I liked Sky Castle, Penthouse.... not. Just So Yeon is making me still connected with SBS drama.

Now even children make parodies of Penthouse scenes. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJiX7rCFtkl/

“The Penthouse” Prepares To Say Goodbye To Season 1 With New Behind-The-Scenes Photos

by E. Cha

6c79c3a49ac74c79b92bdd5d1881e94d.jpeg?s=

With just two episodes left to go in Season 1, the drama has released a new batch of behind-the-scenes photos of its cast as it races towards its season finale. Some of the photos capture the stars hard at work during filming, while others show a more playful side of the cast as they pose for photos with beaming smiles between takes.

Kim-So-Yeon.jpg

Yoon-Jong-Hoon-Choi-Ye-Bin-Kim-So-Yeon.j

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon And Yoon Jong Hoon Have An Emotionally Charged Confrontation In “The Penthouse”

c638a36cb1be46359ad6dbe78b29b8a0.jpeg?s=

Jan 3, 2021
by S. P

SBS’s “The Penthouse” has revealed new stills from the upcoming episode!

“The Penthouse” is set in a 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment and centers around three women: the “queen” of the penthouse Shim Soo Ryun (Lee Ji Ah), the “prima donna” Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) who will do anything it takes to get into the world of high society.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Chun Seo Jin and Ha Yoon Cheol (Yoon Jong Hoon) received a shock when their daughter Ha Eun Byul (Choi Ye Bin) told them, “I’ve done nothing wrong. It’s you two who have raised me wrong.” Unbothered by her daughter’s frazzled mental state, Chun Seo Jin replied, “There’s no greater comfort than your mother becoming the chief director,” to which Ha Yoon Cheol retorted that she was a scary woman.

However, at Chun Seo Jin’s inaugural ceremony, she was arrested by the police on charges of corruption, admissions fraud, and grade tampering. Ha Eun Byul’s blank expression as she watched her mother heading to the police office drew sympathy from viewers.

New stills show Ha Yoon Cheol confronting Chun Seo Jin her office. While Chun Seo Jin keeps her cool, Ha Yoon Cheol can’t hold back his anger as he glares down at her. Both appear to be holding back tears as they keep their emotions in check, leading viewers to wonder what new crisis the couple will face.

Kim-So-Yeon-2.jpg

Kim-So-Yeon-1.jpg

Spoiler

Yoon-Jong-Hoon-1.jpg

Both Kim So Yeon and Yoon Jong Hoon are receiving high praise for their roles as parents who stand off over what’s best for their daughter. While filming the scene, the two actors impressed everyone as they delivered their biting remarks at rapid speed and enriched the scene with their realistic portrayal of emotions.

The drama’s production team complimented the actors as they said, “Kim So Yeon and Yoon Jong Hoon are actors who set an example on set as they complete their scenes with a high degree of synergy and give their all to create perfect harmony between them.” They also hinted at what is to come in the next episode, saying, “A plot twist will befall the family as they once again find themselves in a crisis, so don’t miss out on the upcoming episode.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446597wpp/kim-so-yeon-and-yoon-jong-hoon-have-an-emotionally-charged-confrontation-in-the-penthouse

• Like 1

Penthouse's Lee Ji-ah and Kim So-yeon maximize tension with a “tragic eye contact” that reveals a 180-degree contradictory “play and play” emotional state.

104760631.2.jpg

In the 18th and 19th episodes of the SBS Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse' (played by Soon-ok Kim, director Dong-min Joo), Su-ryun Shim (played by Ji-ah) and Logan Lee (played by Park Eun-suk) held a revenge against the people of Hera Club, followed by Seo-jin Cheon. He exposed both the crimes of (Kim So-yeon) and Ju Dan-tae (played by Um Ki-jun), and presented a delightful cider to the home theater. However, even when he was arrested on charges of private school irregularities, illegal admission, and manipulating entrance examinations, Seojin Cheon said, “Do you think I will collapse like this? I'm Cheon Seo-jin, the chairman of the Cheong-A Foundation,” she said.

In this regard, the face-to-face scene where Lee Ji-ah and Kim So-yeon stand facing each other in a thin ice-like atmosphere has been released to the public and is robbing their eyes. In the play, Shim Su-ryun visits Cheon Seo-jin's lesson room. Shim Su-ryun is staring at Shim Su-ryun with a chilly and cold energy, while Shim Su-ryun is casting a look at the elegance of the past. But at the moment when he sharply crossed his eyes in a tense fight, Suddenly Cheon Seo-jin went to Shim Su-ryun and kneeled. While Cheon Seo-jin is showing a completely different attitude from usual, urgent and anxious as if she will burst into tears at any moment, she is arousing curiosity about what happened between the two.

https://www.donga.com/news/Entertainment/article/all/20210104/104760703/1

That`s a first for Seo Jin. Knowing how proud she is, to kneal down in front of Shim Su Ryun it means that she is desperate. I think her daughter is in hospital and she has legal problems to resolve. I think the knealing is inutile (I see many times this kind of scenes in kdramas) but it is interesting to see this chance in Seo Jin`s attitude.  Maybe she will start to come down from the pedestal. Being too proud, it made her an untouchable aura. I don`t expect anything regarding her relationship with Su Ryung but if the writer allowed her to kneal down, perhaps it is a start of Seo Jin`s transformation. If she will make an introspection and realized that her acts hurt others, that her daughter doesn`t need her to be the director but to be the mother. I really wish that in season 2 will see this bit by bit transformation. I want to see how her family life changes. I want her to allow herself to show vulnerabilities in front of her family and to come down "from the pedestal" and get close to her daughter and with her ex. They need a healthier relationship. That`s what I want to see next. I don`t know if I will get it. Probably not.

I want to see the same Seo Jin but more human. I want that she will grow as a character. I already said that I want to see a vixen but in control, who doesn`t cross the red line, with a lot of humor.

I don`t have expectations though.

• Like 1