Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Kim So Yeon And Eugene Refuse To Back Down During Tense Confrontation In “The Penthouse”

3a1afd9955ea44fd9d17f9614e0da95f.jpeg?s=

Dec 15, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “The Penthouse” has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Penthouse” is set in a 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment and centers around three women: the “queen” of the penthouse Shim Soo Ryun (Lee Ji Ah), the “prima donna” Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) who will do anything it takes to get into the world of high society.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Chun Seo Jin handed divorce papers to her husband Ha Yoon Cheol (Yoon Jong Hoon) with the condition of 7 billion won (approximately $6.4 million) in alimony. Furthermore, Oh Yoon Hee’s daughter Bae Ro Na (Kim Hyun Soo) misunderstood the relationship between her mother and Ha Yoon Cheol because of false information given by his daughter Ha Eun Byul (Choi Ye Bin). Ha Eun Byul eventually drove Bae Ro Na out of the school, causing Chun Seo Jin to celebrate the fact that her and her daughter’s rivals were leaving their side for good.

In the newly released stills, Chun Seo Jin and Oh Yoon Hee have a tense confrontation at a restaurant. The two have been enemies since the festival incident 25 years ago, and their ill-fated relationship is only growing worse and worse due to their daughters’ rivalries.

Chun Seo Jin looks like she’s in deep shock, and her eyes are filled with anxiousness. Oh Yoon Hee gazes sharply at Chun Seo Jin with slightly teary eyes. Viewers are keen to find out about their conversation and the events that will follow after Bae Ro Na decided to drop out of school.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1443624wpp/kim-so-yeon-and-eugene-refuse-to-back-down-during-tense-confrontation-in-the-penthouse

• Like 1

Kim So yeon`s video interview after Arena Homme + pictorial, talking about some old projects from her filmography.

Actress Kim So Yeon's real personality and tone are 180 degrees different from "Penthouse" Cheon Seo Jin!

Actress Kim So-yeon is leaving a strong impression with the role of'Cheon Seo-jin' in the drama'Penthouse'. It is said that this year is the 26th anniversary of her debut and 20 years after'Everything about Eve', where she played a villain. From her debut film, she looked back on her appearances such as'Sunpoong Obstetrics and Gynecology','Iris','I Need Romance Season 3', and'Fallingfor Innocence'. Check out her real way of speaking in her interview!

Instagram video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIzsufzpXux/

How I wish it was translated!!!!

• Like 2

Penthouse Kim So-yeon Drama Awards candidate, did you see the future?

20201215232816_1555276_594_598.jpg

Penthouse Kim So-yeon's villainous acting and delicate emotional expressions are well received, and opinions to be nominated for the Drama Awards are rushing. Currently, this year's SBS Drama Awards nominees are not disclosed. On the 15th aired on SBS'Penthouse', Kim So-yeon (Cheon Seo-jin) neglected his father's death. Kim So-yeon was criticized when his father said he was not giving him the chairmanship. The person who raised  her in this way was the father, and she poured out the words she had not said before. She expressed resentment toward his father, who she had always compared with someone.

After being shocked by Kim So-yeon's words, her father tried to fall back, and Kim So-yeon rejected her father. Eventually, her father rolled down the stairs and died. Kim So-yeon returned home with bloody hands and played the piano, revealing the true color of the evil girl. Viewers predicted the final appearance of Kim So-yeon, saying, "The future image of Ha Eun-byul," "Chun Seo-jin is raising Ha Eun-byul like herself," because Kim So-yeon neglects his father's death.

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/1974236

I watched So yeon`s scenes of episode 15 and I thought So yeon did an outstanding job portraying Seo Jin who showed her desperation and crazyness. The drama is not something I like (I still beleve it is so ridiculous that it makes me cringe watching). I watched just So yeon `s scenes in I thought it were a lot of them. (that`s the impression) but I am glad that she is many scenes and that she is a central character. It would have been better if she will end her appearence at the end of season 1 and receive other acting offers but I will support her all the way. I said that I will not watch anything, not even her scenes in the other seasons but So yeon is my weakness. I waver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

She was soooo good in the last episode. If only the script do her justice. Oh well.

I also think that she was very good. I guess for a makjang, Kim Sun Ok writes well but comparing with dramas that have a meaning, that we can take it seriously, this drama is awfull. However, the ending scene, where Seo Jin`s father died and she took the papers and let him die in the rain, could became exagerated in craziness but So yeon found a balance. We saw a vulnerable Seo Jin, a desperate woman graduyally losing her humanity. This was a key point in Seo Jin`s evolution as a character. We can see her as the worst Seo Jin from now on.

• Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, larus said:

I also think that she was very good. I guess for a makjang, Kim Sun Ok writes well but comparing with dramas that have a meaning, that we can take it seriously, this drama is awfull. However, the ending scene, where Seo Jin`s father died and she took the papers and let him die in the rain, could became exagerated in craziness but So yeon found a balance. We saw a vulnerable Seo Jin, a desperate woman graduyally losing her humanity. This was a key point in Seo Jin`s evolution as a character. We can see her as the worst Seo Jin from now on.

Yes, people in my country (Myanmar) are praising her acting prowess. She's been praised from first episode, but last night's episode takes it to a new level.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

Yes, people in my country (Myanmar) are praising her acting prowess. She's been praised from first episode, but last night's episode takes it to a new level.

I am glad. She deserves it. I don`t think I would want to see her in another role in this drama.  (Definetly I would want her in another drama.:D) If I still have to watch this craziness of the drama (or parts of it), at least I should enjoy her acting. Usually, the villain is everywhere in the story. It is known that Kim sun ok is making her villanesses in her drama something to talk about.

I saw a picture on Instagram and I could not believe my eyes. I mean I believe it because I`ve predicted from the beginning. The comatose girl woke up. :phew: Another exemple how ridiculous is this drama. I have to believe that a girl who was in comatose state for 16-17 years, since she was a baby, she wake up and talked? She even recognized emotions. :w00t::w00t: If Bae Rona learned hard classical music technique listening to the doors, why not a girl who was in comatose state learned to talk from listening to people talking around her? At this point, she will be with the other kids in CheongAh school in the next season. :w00t:

Back to Seo Jin. She is in a position very vulnerable right now. She will get her father`s position or the seat of CheongA fundation but mentally she is on the vergeof breaking. If Joo Dan tae will appear as unreliable for her (and he will) she will have no one on her corner. It will be a fight for survival for her. I know that she will end bad but I hope they won`t drag too much the story. Probably Seo Jin will have material for the second season but I can`t see her in the third season with a acceptable story. I know she can do more crazy things but too much will become repetitive and boring. I don`t know how the writer will take Seo Jin in the other seasons. The story is dragging already. But being a crazy makjang, who knows what unbelievable story she will have?

On 12/16/2020 at 5:34 AM, larus said:

Penthouse Kim So-yeon's villainous acting and delicate emotional expressions are well received, and opinions to be nominated for the Drama Awards are rushing. Currently, this year's SBS Drama Awards nominees are not disclosed

I don't think so. Ever before did an Awards went to a villainousness cast ?

4 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I don't think so. Ever before did an Awards went to a villainousness cast ?

I don`t care much about those awards but I will be glad if So yeon will receive any recognition. I don`t know if SBS will organize the awards for their 2020 drama this year. They could organize them without ceremony. I don`t know.

You are wrong. There are actors who received an award for their villain/antagonist role. If the role is one of the main leads or the secondary role, the actors/actresses get the awards acording to their category. If the antagonist role is the main lead (how is So yeon in Penthouse), she/he could get even the Daesang (the Grand prize). Lee Yoo Ri got the Grand Prize in 2014 at MBC Drama Awards for her role in another Kim Sun Ok`s makjang drama, Come! Jang Bo Ri, and she played the villainess. The drama was unwatchable for me as well :D but the villainess got the attention, as usual.

I refrained to talk about the awards but some articles or audience commented how So yeon is one of the candidate to the Grand prize this year. I agree that she is one of the candidates as her acting was on point, and the drama has great ratings. I would have liked to see So yeon on the red carpet, as usual. Too bad that we have the medical crissis this year.

• Like 1

The Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) holds an annual awards ceremony titled 'SBS Drama Awards' in which the broadcast station presents awards to the outstanding achievements in the dramas that aired on SBS during the year. Many celebrities are invited to take part in the celebration that takes place annually on December 31st.

Recently, one netizen posted on an online community the list of dramas that enjoyed exceptional viewer ratings on SBS and were acclaimed for their storylines. Many netizens expect this year's award ceremony to be the fiercest battle yet between an impressive line of dramas.

Posted on Allkpop 14th of Sept 2020

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 2:25 PM, MAHJONG KING said:

The Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) holds an annual awards ceremony titled 'SBS Drama Awards' in which the broadcast station presents awards to the outstanding achievements in the dramas that aired on SBS during the year. Many celebrities are invited to take part in the celebration that takes place annually on December 31st.

Usually the three TV stations organize the award ceremonies at the end of each year. i don`t know if this year SBS will have these awards. Maybe ...

Update. I just read an article at Soompi. SBS has set a date for the awards. So we`ll have the awards this year. Probably they will record the acceptence speach and actors won`t be present at the ceremony.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443932wpp/watch-2020-sbs-drama-awards-announces-ceremony-date-in-teaser-starring-park-eun-bin-and-jo-byeong-gyu

Kim So Yeon spotted at 0:20

• Like 1

The way Kim So-yeon asks fans to watch the madness ending of'Penthouse'

5fdb0d5a210000df1773ecd0.jpeg?cache=t76o

Kim So-yeon said, “Suddenly ^^ ♡ I hope everyone is doing well ^^ ♡ Today,  episode 15^^ * Have fun ^^ *” on the 15th episode of SBS' Penthouse' on the December 15th,  a few hours left on the official fan cafe. I left a post.

She also expressed gratitude that she received the hearty card letter presented by her fans.

5fdb0f2f2400007e259fa646.jpeg?ops=scalef

On the 15th episode of “Penthouse,” where Kim So-yeon encouraged her main broadcast shooter, was filled with Seojin Chun's evil deeds and madness. Kim So-yeon cried and then laughed, and she screamed and screamed, and she successfully digested Seo-jin's emotional line. In particular, when her father, Cheon Myung-soo (Jeong Seong-mo), who  felt in the rain, Seo Jin let him in the rain and returning home to play the piano was the highlight of the broadcast.

Earlier on the 3rd, actor Yoon Jong-hoon, who played the role of Cheon Seo-jin's husband Ha Yoon-cheol, said in SBS Power FM'Kim Young-cheol's Power FM', saying, “Kim So-yeon is so different before and after acting.” (When not filming) So good Dare to say, he testified that he is a top-class “angel” among the actors I have played with. Also, “Before filming, Soyeon Kim speaks of honor. She praised it, saying, “She is really good.

https://www.huffingtonpost.kr/entry/kim-soyeon-fan-club_kr_5fdaf3dac5b6f24ae35d783d

• Like 1

More articles about So yeon. People are fascinated by the huge difference in the real person Kim So yeon and her character, Cheon Seo jin.

Penthouse’ Kim So-yeon, a reversal of history with creepy villain acting

TVJR4XSNDB2ZGUKSJZ7OEGG75E.jpg

Actor Kim So-yeon renewed her “Life Cat” with “Penthouse” Cheon Seo-jin.

I can't think of her previous work, “My Prettiest Daughter in the World,” Kang Mi-ri. Kim So-yeon plays the role of Cheon Seo-jin, a lump of desire that is solved by having to get what he wants in SBS's Monday-Tuesday drama “Penthouse,” and is making admiration every time.

In her broadcast on the 15th, the ending of her playing her piano with her father's blood on her hands was shocking as she drove her father's death to get what she wanted. She particularly horrified her viewers with her madness and even a smile with her young face. Kim So-yeon is showing off her ‘villain of villain’ in the middle of the show, so there is a reaction that “this is the first time I have seen such a villain”. Cheon So Jin is actually a villain, but Kim So-yeon delicately expresses her Cheon Seo-jin with her solid acting skills and is loved by her viewers.

On the 17th, Kim Hee-cheol of the group Super Junior said, “Kim So-yeon's older sister Ome. It's so different from the'change'. scary. Huh, this next jackpot is crazy. I even thought I was wrong.”

In fact, Kim So-yeon rose to her stardom with her acting as a villain. She received attention as Heo Young-mi in the 2000 drama "Everything about Eve." Kim So-yeon has a strong image of her villain, but she, on the contrary, is an actress who has a pretty innocent and lovely charm. In her romance dramas such as “The Prosecutor Princess,” “I Need Romance 3,” and "Fall in Love with Soon-Jung,” she also performed sorrowfully and lively.

She married actor Lee Sang-woo in 2017 and is continuing her sweet marriage. Actress Kim So-yeon captivated viewers with her creepy performances of all-time evil women. Kim So-yeon's efforts, which made her to forget her lovely feelings with her detailed acting preparations, make her drama'Penthouse' running towards her end so that she cannot be missed.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/12/17/4LBMSMGK43OTTIFDIADGQ7E2Q4/

• Like 2