Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

Guest jlchen1031

lee young ae is def one of my fav actresses, if not my fav.. so pretty, talented, and smart :) the epitome of sophistication.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest raindance

lee young ae is def one of my fav actresses, if not my fav.. so pretty, talented, and smart :) the epitome of sophistication.

The epitome of sophistication, classical & humility I have to agree.

I really like her performance from Dae Jang Geum - at her age at 34/35, she is able to portray innocence, youth, curiosity & not to forget the inexperienced young Jang Geum when she was younger in the palace, and when she gets older while learning medicine, slowly you can see Ms Lee Young Ae subtly exerting an amount of maturity.

I'm impressed!

I would love to see her new movie Lady with a Vengence...since reviews had been good.

Thanks for the interview articles and pictures.

Keep them coming!! :w00t:

Guest miniejungle

i'm surprised her thread is quite short... but she's one of the best actresses in Korea though. hope there will be more contributions in this thread! Love her in Jewel in the palace and Medical Brothers!

Guest raindance

i'm surprised her thread is quite short... but she's one of the best actresses in Korea though. hope there will be more contributions in this thread! Love her in Jewel in the palace and Medical Brothers!

yes I'm surprised too...

I watched some of her behind the scenes preparation on DJC & I'm very awed that when she recites her lines in the room with the other actors, she was so emotional and passionate. :)

This is when I take more notice at her and feel she is definitely one of the best...and it's so important to see how an actor puts so much heart and soul into her script/acting. An actor's dedication is not just performing well in front of the screen.

Prelude to the 27th Blue Dragon Awards 2006

1204_13.jpg

Winners of 2005 Blue Dragon Film Awards

Dec. 7, SEOUL, South Korea -- Winners of the 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards pose for camera during a handprinting event at Daehan Theater in Seoul on Dec. 7. From left to right: Kim Ji-soo, Hwang Jung-min, Lee Young Ae, Kang Hye-jung and Lim Ha-ryong. (Yonhap)

Source: http://english.yna.co.kr/Engservices/5500000000.html & innolife.net

Hwang Jung Min & Lee Young Ae (Best Actor, Best Actress)

1204_11.jpg

handea.jpg

1204_7.jpg

1204_6.jpg

1204_1.jpg

Related threads -

26th Blue Dragon Films Awards

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...18897&st=80

27th Blue Dragon Films Awards - 15 December 2006

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99396

12-12-2006

77 Koreans Enlighten the World

By Jane Han

Staff Reporter

20061212191049077koreanvc1.jpg

Making the world brighter, one light at a time _ as the curtain is about to fall on this year, each glowing light that illuminated the center stage in 2006 was honored by the Korea Green Foundation on Monday.

The names of 77 people _ part of the "100 People to Enlighten the World" _ were announced recently by the environmental foundation. This is the second annual list.

"Only 77 people were selected although the title says 100 because after reviewing all the possible candidates, we decided that it's better to recognize those who undoubtedly deserve the title instead of stretching the standards to fulfill the number 100," said the foundation's publicity staff member Kim Hye-ok.

Eight political and government figures were named, including the next UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, late Lee Jong-wook, director general of the United Nation World Health Organization, U.S. Policy Advisor Kang Young-woo.

"Ban was selected for being the first-ever Korean to take such a highly regarded U.N. post," according to the foundation's press release that went on to explain about Kang. "Despite his visual impairment, Kang overcame his weakness to become a high-ranking official in the U.S. government."

Of the 22 selected from the culture and arts circle were actress Lee Young-ae, five-member boy-band TVXQ, Bong Joon-ho, director of the 2006 hit movie "The Host," veteran pop singer Cho Yong-pil, poet Do Jong-hwan and designer Lie Sang-bong.

TVXQ was credited for being at the core of "Hallyu" in promoting Korean culture. Director Bong was highlighted for dealing with the topic of the environment in his blockbuster movie.

"Apart from how well the movie did at the box office, Bong's movie is a wake up call to everyone that if our environment is not taken care of, such drastic events may occur. The monster aspect is fantasy, but it certainly delivers the message."

Baseball player Lee Seung-yeop, Korean-American football player Hines Ward, figure skater Kim Yu-na were a few of the 12 sports figures honored this year.

The foundation praised Lee’s hard work in Japan, singled out as one of the best batters in Japan’s Central League, while Ward was applauded for his restless good work in bringing hopes and smiles to other biracial children.

In the financial circle, President and CEO of Incheon International Airport, Lee Jae-hee, CEO of Internet company Ncsoft, Kim Taek-jin, and Samsung Electronics CEO Hwang Chang-gyu were recognized as some of the best 12 business people.

"Lee played a significant role in cranking up Incheon airport’s service level to Asia and in making it the world's top," the foundation said. "Kim began NCsoft as a small start-up and expanded it to the world's leading game company."

Of the seven named in education were Korea University professor Lee Pil-sang, who was noted for his works in various NGO organizations and representing many citizen groups to promote ordinary citizen’ lives, and Seoul National University president Jung Woon-chan, who is known for his innovative school management philosophy.

Three figures in the medical field, two in legal, seven in civil society, three in religious and one in publishing were some of the others highlighted this year.

"All of the remarkable men and women selected this year have been influential not only in Korea but abroad as well," said Kim.

The award ceremony for a formal recognition will take place on Dec. 26 at the Insa Art Center in southern Seoul.

A photo exhibition of the 88 people selected last year will be held at the same venue for one week from December 20 to 26.

jhan@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...19084252910.htm

Guest miniejungle

nice photos, and thanks for sharing it!

Channel U in Singapore is re-running Jewel in the palace and I didn't know :) it's nice to watch it again!

12-21-2006

Hallyu Stars Spread Holiday Giving Spirit

By Han Eun-jung

Staff Reporter

200612211923080fontriy2.jpg Lee Jun-ki

Lee Young-ae

Hallyu stars Lee Young-ae and Lee Jun-ki are spreading the holiday spirit by making donations of 10 million won and 2 million won, respectively, to local organizations yesterday.

Lee Young-ae, best known to Asian fans for her performance in the television drama "Jewel in the Palace," visited the Asan Medical Center in Pungnab-dong, Seoul, for a ceremony in which she handed over the donation in the presence of children and adult patients suffering from terminal diseases.

She also spoke with the patients in private.

During the ceremony, she apologized for creating a scene when there are many people who help without others knowing.

"On the other hand, I hope that my doing this will inspire those who don't know how to help or are not brave enough to act on their desire to help," she said.

The money will be used by the hospital to help 13 patients.

Actor Lee Jun-ki gave 2 million won to the Korean Citizen's Coalition for Teen Heads of Households. The money will be used to help pay for the tuition of children who are the heads of their families.

This is not the first time Lee Jun-ki, who rose to stardom after he won over audiences with his portrayal of a court jester in the 2005 hit film "The King and the Clown," has lent a hand to those in need.

Last October during Chusok, Korean Thanksgiving, Lee donated the bonus he received from the producers of "The King and the Clown" to teen heads of households.

ejh09@koreatimes.co.kr

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...19220752920.htm

12-21-2006

Hallyu Stars Spread Holiday Giving Spirit

Hallyu stars Lee Young-ae and Lee Jun-ki are spreading the holiday spirit by making donations of 10 million won and 2 million won, respectively, to local organizations yesterday.

Lee Young-ae, best known to Asian fans for her performance in the television drama "Jewel in the Palace," visited the Asan Medical Center in Pungnab-dong, Seoul, for a ceremony in which she handed over the donation in the presence of children and adult patients suffering from terminal diseases.

She also spoke with the patients in private.

During the ceremony, she apologized for creating a scene when there are many people who help without others knowing.

"On the other hand, I hope that my doing this will inspire those who don't know how to help or are not brave enough to act on their desire to help," she said.

The money will be used by the hospital to help 13 patients.

ejh09@koreatimes.co.kr

20061221_0.jpg

20061221_1.jpg

20061221_3.jpg

20061221_4.jpg

20061221_5.jpg20061221_6.jpg

20061221_2.jpg

Source: empas.com

Archived