Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Lee Young-ae Captivates Japanese Fans' Hearts

2006-05-09

lee_l.jpg

Hallyu star Lee Young-ae has captivated the hearts of about 3,000 Japanese fans.

The Internet edition of the Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports reported on May 9,

"Beautiful film actress Lee Young-ae, South Korea's 'Sayuri Yoshinaga' (a Japanese

film actress), had her first fan meeting at the Shibuya NHK Hall in Tokyo, Japan on

May 8."

Lee is visiting Japan to promote the MBC TV drama "A Jewel in the Palace," in which

she acted. The drama is currently being aired on NHK. At the fan meeting, Lee

received much acclaim from her fans, who called her "Sayuri Yoshinaga" for her

beautiful features and dignified attitude.

Yoshinaga is a 61-year-old Japanese actress who is loved by many Japanese people

for her beauty despite her advanced age.

In an interview with local journalists, Lee said, "The film 'Modern Times,' which I saw

when I was 18, is full of humanity. I like animated films directed by Hayao Miyazaki

very much because they have a charm similar to that in 'Modern Times.'"

Lee also said, "I would like to marry a man who will invariably love me."

c: KBS Global

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Choi Ji Woo

Even the Japanese are engrossed with Lee Young Ae's beauty..so as we Filipinos who watch her every night..

JEWEL IN THE SKY

ensor200605102231570.jpg

Jewel in the sky: Asiana Airlines managers and flight attendants unveil the carrier's Boeing 767 jet wrapped with pictures of actress Lee Young-ae, star of the popular TV drama "Jewel in the Palace (Taejanggum)," at Incheon International Airport, Wednesday. The jet, named after the drama, will fly for one year to Taiwan, Japan, China and Southeast Asian countries where the soap opera featuring traditional Korean cuisine has gained popularity amid a Korean pop culture boom. /Yonhap

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...22315912000.htm

I first watched Lee YoungAe in Joint Security Area and was unimpressed. I thought she was the weakest link in an otherwise superb cast, and it's been hard to shake off that first impression since. It was obvious to me that she was a solid actress (esp in her most famous role to date, Dae Jang Geum) and a beautiful, elegant woman... but I always found her distant and uh...bland. The exception was One Fine Spring Day, a great film with good acting from both leads. Evenso I felt OFSD was more Yoo JiTae's movie than hers; thus my overall LYA perception--an actress I respected, but found it hard to love or be blown away by--didn't exactly change.

And then came Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. notworthy5ax.gif

14.jpg

http://www.nkino.com/Events/geumja_special/

What a FANTASTIC performance. Of course, credit goes to Park ChanWook (& co.) for conceptualizing and making the film, but I also applaud LYA for being brave enough to jump headfirst into this deconstruction of her "kind"/"nice"/"perfect" image and come up with one of the most unforgettable characters I have ever had the pleasure to see onscreen. That red eyeshadow, that polka-dot dress, that laugh while holding a cigarette in front of a mirror, the clicking of her heels on the street, her interactions with her daughter, her angelic persona when using people to do her bidding, each time she kicks @$$, that soft voice saying unspeakable things, and finally that close-up of her face as it transforms from glee to savagery to devastation... LYA was truly amazing. GeumJa ROCKS.

From JangGeum to GeumJa... I'm curious to see what LYA does next.

Cine21 article

91ht04.jpg

P0000029_cov51102.jpg

P0000031_peo51104.jpg

P0000041_img0000012259.jpgP0000043_img0000012267.jpg

P0000032_peo51105.jpg

P0000030_peo51103.jpg

P0000042_img0000012261.jpg

P0000033_peo51106.jpg

P0000027_pl51418.jpg

P0000023_pl51414.jpg

P0000036_pl51433.jpg

P0000035_pl51432.jpg

P0000034_pl51431.jpg

P0000033_pl51430.jpg

P0000032_pl51429.jpg

P0000031_pl51428.jpg

P0000030_pl51427.jpg

P0000029_pl51420.jpg

P0000028_pl51419.jpg

P0000026_pl51417.jpg

P0000025_pl51416.jpg

P0000024_pl51415.jpg

Screen

screen_cover_200507.jpg

screen1gac.jpg

screen4efq.jpg

screen3yuf.jpg

screen6h.jpg

screen5n.jpg

Premiere

premiere1.jpg

premiere2.jpg

premiere3.jpg

premiere4.jpg

premiere5.jpg

premiere6.jpg

premiere7.jpg

Movieweek article

cont_20050726162254020000020200-002.JPG

cont_20050726162332020000020200-003.JPG

Vogue article

vogue1.jpg

vogue2.jpg

vogue3q.jpg

vogue5.jpg

vogue4.jpg

W article part 1 + part 2

celebrity2005062801001kc7.gif

celebrity200506280100au2.gif

celebrity200506280101ikoa5.jpg

celebrity200506280105tntp4.jpg

credit as labelled + http://www.leeyoungae.org.hk

Guest haowie

I love Lee Young Ae in DJG, I loveeeeeeeeee her, loveeeeee her.....

Here I found some pics taken when she came to Hong Kong to promote DJG.

467ii.jpg

474ix.jpg

531dr.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Thais choose Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon as Favorite Korean Actors

2006-05-26

lee_l.jpg

A telephone poll shows that Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon are the Thai people’s

favorite Korean actors.

The company Korea Thailand Communication Center conducted the poll of 180 Thai

people living in Bangkok from May 22 to 23.

Some 28.9 percent of the respondents picked Lee Young-ae as their favorite Korean

actor, followed by Song Seung-heon with 11.1 percent.

The Korean historical drama Daejanggeum (A Jewel In Palace) starring Lee was

broadcast in Thailand in mid-October last year and was re-broadcast recently at the

request of viewers.

Singer Rain, who played the male lead of the drama “Full House” and gave a solo

concert in Bangkok in February, came in third. Actors Won Bin, So Ji-seop, Song

Hye-kyo and Ji Jin-hee, and singers Sim Eun-jin, Shinhwa and Dongbangshinki were

also named.

The reputation of Song Seung-heo is attributable to his impressive acting in the

dramas “An Autumn Fairy Tale” and “The Scent of Summer” and the film “Make It

Big.”

Some 78 percent of the respondents answered that they know of Rain, reflecting the

popularity of the Korean singer in the Southeast Asian country. Fifty-five percent of

the respondents in their 40s also said that they know of the singer.

Some 97 percent answered that they have a better image of Korea thanks to Korean

drams, films and products.

• 2 weeks later...

June 6, 2006

History Attests to Korean Stars' All-Natural Looks

The chiseled features -- can Korea’s gene pool really have produced the perfection that graces TV screens all over Asia without the help of the country’s otherwise so very busy army of plastic surgeons? The Chosun Ilbo listens to the rumor mill to discover just how natural the Korean Wave is.

◇Kim Tae-hee

200606060005_01.jpg

Kim Tae-hee hit the big time when she was still in high school in Ulsan. She attended a nationally renowned school that brought together top students from local middle schools, yet even there the actress was able to stay on top of her class for the entire three years. And her looks have not changed since then: they made her the object of desire among the boys of all the surrounding schools. One rumor circulating about the actress at that time was that she studied for free at a private tutoring college. According to the rumor, her presence there was thought to attract so much business from male students that the institute waived the fee.

◇Ko So-young

200606060005_02.jpg

Ko So-young has been a great beauty since her school days. So haughty, yet so pure -- no wonder the tongues are wagging. The rumor is that when she left home to head to school of a morning, a line of expensive cars lined up in front of her house driven by men who yearned for the privilege to chauffeur her to school.

◇Kim Hee-seon

200606060005_03.jpg

Kim Hee-seon is a doll; and, would you believe, she has always looked like this.

◇Lee Young-ae

200606060005_04.jpg

Lee Yong-ae spearheads the Korean Wave. Childhood pictures and photos of young Young-ae in hanbok from her school days can be found all over the Internet. Devoted Netizens can attest, therefore, that no surgeon's knife was needed to improve her.

◇Jeon Ji-hyun

200606060005_05.jpg

Sexy Jeon Ji-hyun also remains unaltered by science since her school days.

◇Kim Ah-jung

200606060005_06.jpg

A picture of Kim Ah-jung at the age of 20 has recently been circulating online, from an interview where she confessed to her dream of becoming a model. There is the body, there is the face, already perfect.

◇Han Ga-in

200606060005_07.jpg

Han Ga-in appeared on a TV quiz show when she was a high-school student, and she was also captured in TV footage of interviews with high-school students. Her looks needed no improvement. The story of how entertainment bigwigs spotted her in the news clip and immediately went to her school to offer her a part is already legendary.

◇Song Hye-gyo

200606060005_08.jpg

Song Hye-gyo also started out in entertainment while at high school. "She was active in show business when she was in the first year of high school, and she appeared on a TV show in the third year, so she wasn't able to attend class often," a teacher recalls. "But with her cheerful character, she mixed well with her friends and was always in a bright mood." Needless to say her looks are said to be entirely nature's work.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0606060005.html

Thx for posting tht article rubie ! ~

i saw the article in Korean & Japanese some days back & translated them using Online Translators to understand the article haha , glad tht there's an English version of it online ! ~ :phew:

Thx for posting tht article rubie ! ~

i saw the article in Korean & Japanese some days back & translated them using Online Translators to understand the article haha , glad tht there's an English version of it online ! ~ :phew:

It's a pleasure sharing it. :)

I've posted the article at the news thread, hope you could share it at KTH's thread as well.

Guest sandbottle

oh..i love da chang jin ^^

i watched finish the whole series..its a vry long drama..

she showed off her great acting abilities in it..

i really love it alot..:P

Guest SlashMySoul

Lee Young Ae is so beautiful <3 she acted great in Dae Jang Geum! My parents loved her and that drama. Yeah i got to see her on tele when she came to hong kong ^^

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Lee Young-ae holds Autograph Session in Japan

2006-07-14

lee_l.jpg

Actress Lee Young-ae, the female lead of the Korean drama “Jewel of Palace” held an

autograph session for Japanese fans in Tokyo on Thursday, drawing 700 people, the

Japanese sports daily Sankei Sports reported Friday.

Some 250 people waited in front of the venue even before the event started and the

number increased to 700 after the actress had arrived, reflecting the popularity of Lee

in the island country. Only 60 people were originally invited to the event.

At the event, Lee gave the fans autographed guidebooks of a park themed on the

mega-hit Korean drama as a gift, saying, “The life of a good drama is as long as good

music. I want to be remembered as a good actress even 10 or 20 years from now.”

Meanwhile, Lee attended a benefit event held in Tokyo on Wednesday along with famous

Japanese singer Mori Masako.”

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Just dropping by to say hello to all LYA fans..I'll post her pics with BYJ in the K-drama Papa next tym hehehe!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Choi Ji Woo

She's beautiful and talented! ^^

I loved her in Dae Jang Geum

these words are not enough to describe our idol Lee Young Ae..she's simply an amazing & brilliant creature...

Archived