Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favorite Korean Stars in China

Posted by sandrydc in soompi forums

200511190041.jpg

Who would be the top twenty favorite female Korean stars among the Chinese? Chinese News Site Bo Shwin had a poll on which female Korean stars were China's favorite. First was Kim Hee Sun, BoA in second, whom the Chinese said that she was the Music Queen of Asia. Third was Son Yae Jin, then Lee Young Ae, Jun Ji Hyun, Yoo Jin from SES, Im Soo Jung, Jang Nara, Ha Ji Won, and Kim Nam Soo in that order.

Source: http://www.boashouse.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=95

i'm not attracted to any celebs with the exception of Lee Young Ae, whom I totally desire. :wub::mellow::wub::mellow::wub:

i REALLY want to date her or at least meet her and talk to her for a little while. one of these days when i myself become famous i'll procure the chance. :P

random pix

29090kk.jpg

inshallah094gw.jpg

leeyoungaefunlya22gh4po.jpg

leeyoungaefunlya4tf2wr.jpg

inshallah079fz.jpg

img2256619273gh.jpg

sympathy6fe.jpg

Lee Young-ae wins best actress at Blue Dragon Film Awards

eng_cl01.jpg

SEOUL, Nov. 29 (Yonhap) -- South Korean film star Lee Young-ae on Tuesday won the best actress award at the 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards for her leading role in "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance."

Lee, who is one of a handful of South Korean stars that are leading the so-called Korean Wave throughout Asia, is also recognized for her role in the historic TV series "Jewel in the Palace."

In addition to winning the coveted best actress award, the hit movie she starred in received the top picture prize.

Directed by Park Chan-wook, the 112-minute thriller depicts a young woman's drive to revenge herself after serving 13 years in prison on false charges of kidnapping and infanticide.

Besides Lee, Hwang Jung-min, the star of "You Are My Destiny" won the best actor award, while "Welcome to Dongmakgol," a recent box-office hit set during the 1950-53 Korean War, took three awards.

Source: YONHAP News

http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20051129/...29231925E1.html

2005/11/29 23:19 KST

Guest pinkjiawen

she's really pretty. she has this innocent face which I really like. Dae Jang Geum is currently airing in Phil, it has a really nice timeslot, the network's giving it good publicity, and the ratings are pretty good too. ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Hyanghee posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

translated & posted by Joanne in Quilt

[scheduled feature-Big 30 in Popular Culture]

Entertainment...business, endless challenge for 'creation of the second myth'

[Herald Business]12/28/05 14:17:26

The breadth of diastrophism(change in earth's curst) in the domestic entertainment business was big also in this year. The biggest change was that the Orion Group has appeared the most powerful one on the ground of taking top places in the businesses by its subsidiaries of Show Box, film investment and distributing company and Onmedia, cable broadcasting business. President Lee Hwakyeong, who took the first place, is directing all the entertainment business fields at the Orion Group includiing Show Box, film investment and distributing company & Onmedia, cable broadcasting business, etc. The CJ Entertainment (Park Dongho, CEO-first place in 2003, second place in 2004), which had been keeping superior position to the Orion Group continuouosly for two years in the entertainment market since 2003, when the Herald Business began selecting by itself the popular culture leaders big 30, exchnaged its place with the Orion Group. Lee Mikyeong, Vice Chairman, who was selected in the second place, is in charge of entertainment business field at the CJ group.

Although BYJ, who was ranked in the first place creating the Korean Current boom in the last year, has dropped to the 6th place because of contradicting reactions to the 'Oe Chool he received from both countries of Korea and Japan, he was, however, ranked in the top order among the entertainers. Kim Sun-a, having created syndrome with 'My Name is Kim Samsoon', entered into the Power Leader top 30 for the first time in the 8th place at once, exerted mighty power fittingly for the 'Star of this Year'.

Although figures related to the Korean Current including the first placed BYJ showed landslidingly strength in the ranking last year, in this year, infra of entertainment business like star, money mobilization power, etc. majorly divided the rankings. Cheong Hoontak, CEO at the IHQ, general entertaiment group who got large sum of investment from the SKT, a mobile communication company, Park Chanwook, film director who tops in the investment and star mobilization, Bae Dongman, President at the Jei-il Planning, the largest domestic ad company, were ranked in 3~5 places in order.

the complete ranking of the Big 30 in Popular Culture ~

1. Lee Hwakyeong, President, Orion Group

2. Lee Mikyeong, Vice Chariman, CJ Entertainment

3. Cheong Hoontak, CEO, IHQ

4. Park Chanwook, film director

5. Bae Dongman, President, Jei-il Planning

6. Bae Yongjoon, actor

7. Kim Dongho, Executive Director, Pusan International Film Festival

8. Kim Sun-a, actress

9. Park Dong-a, CEO, PEN entertainment

10. Cheong Yeonjoo, President, KBS

11. Cha Seungjae, CEO, Cidus FNH

12. Bi, singer & actor

13. Yoon Seyoung, Chairman, SBS

14. Lee Sooman, Producer, SM Entertainment

15. Lee Hyori, singer

16. Roh Seongdae, Council Chief, Broadcasting Council

17. Choi Moonsooon, President, MBC

18. Moon Keunyoung, actress

19. Kim Jonghak, CEO, Kim Jonghak Production

20. BOA, singer

21. Lee Hoyeon, CEO, DSP Entertainment

22. Jang Jin, CEO, FIlm Itsuda

23. Yang Hyeonseok, Board Director, YG Entertainment

24. Lee Youngae, actress

25. Kang Jegyu, film director

26. Lee Jinseok, CEO, JS Pictures

27. Dongbanbshinki (TVXQ), singer

28. Hwang Jeongmin, actor

29. Kim Kwangsoo, CEO, GM Planning

30. Kang Wooseok, film director

I'm sorry if my question is stupid & out of topic, but I'm really curious, is she Park Chan Wook's wife?

I ask this question bcoz I heard someone said she is~ I wonder if it's right or wrong -_____-"

nevermind -,.-

Guest sharapova

Dec. 26, 2005

Asia's Sweetheart Becomes LG's Spokesmodel

LG Electronics launches marketing campaign for Asia featuring Lee Young Ae

LG Electronics (LG), a leader in consumer electronics, announced today that Lee Young Ae, the star of Daejanggeum (English title; A Jewel in the palace), has signed a contract as the company's face for upcoming marketing campaigns aimed at the Asian market.

LG's integrated marketing campaign for Asia will kick off in January and features both advertising and promotional activities across the region. The ad campaign featuring Lee Young Ae, who played the title role in Daejanggeum, will be executed simultaneously through TV, online, mobile and print media and in public places. Lee Young Ae will also attend promotional events such as new product launch parties, concerts, fan meetings and so on.

Daejanggeum, originally produced in Korea, has recently been broadcast in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. The TV series has quickly become a phenomenon and turned Lee Young Ae into Asia's sweetheart. LG expects to capitalize on her iconic status to influence audiences in the region.

"Lee Young Ae is more than just a beautiful actress," said Mr. Sang kook Chung, Executive Vice President of LG Electronics, "While her image is sophisticated and upscale, Lee young Ae as Daejanggeum projects the aura of an out-of-box thinker and caring human being. All these images are perfectly matched with LG in the sense that LG is the innovative electronics brand that cares about customers and continues to develop next generation technology. LG hopes to reinforce brand awareness in Asia through this campaign by positioning the company as a lifestyle enhancer just as Daejanggeum always worked to break down set ideas to the benefit of the people around her in the drama."

LG's integrated marketing campaign for Asia encompasses the whole region and the entire line of LG products including Plasma TV and digital home electronics.

Actress Lee Young-ae Tops Hong Kong Chart as "Woman of the Year"

Source: KBS Global

lee_l.jpg

"Hallyu" star actress Lee Young-ae (35) has topped the list in Hong Kong for "Woman of the Year in 2005."

On Dec. 31 2005, RTHK, a public network in Hong Kong, released the results of a mail-based poll of 1,398 citizens. It showed Lee Young-ae, the lead actress of the soap opera "Jewel in the Palace" (Daejanggeum), atop the list with 49 percent of the votes.

Lee was chosen as the "Woman of the Year in 2005" by far outdistancing the second place choice--an elderly woman named Lu Shaolan (21 percent), who became famous for filing a lawsuit against a giant real estate corporation.

"Jewel in the Palace" was aired on Hong Kong's TVB from Jan. 24 to May 1, 2005, hitting an all-time high in viewership rates (average rate of 47 percent and a high of 50 percent) in the history of Hong Kong TV broadcasting.

It is estimated that 3.28 million Hong Kong residents, or half of the entire population of the city, watched the drama. The Hong Kong daily "Ming Bao" chose "Jewel in the Palace" as the TV drama of the year.

Meanwhile, pop singer Rain ranked second as the "Man of the Year in 2005" with 22 percent of the votes following Donald Tsang, Hong Kong's Chief Executive (33 percent). The late Pope John Paul II, who died in April 2005, ranked third with 13 percent of the votes.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...6006_11692.html

Guest ANJEE<3

i loved watching her in Dae Jang Guem

GOSH I LOVE THAT DRAMA XD

BEST EVER.. it's now my all time favorite drama... i loved her and the main guy that plays her boyfriend.. i forgot his name though.. but gosh they're soooo cute together!! XD

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

translated & posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt News section

The top Korean Current star chosen by Japanese fans is BYJ,

the top actress is Lee Youngae

[My Daily]1/6/05 10:10

200601060811381110_1.jpg

BYJ was chosen as the top Korean Current star in 2005 selected by fans in Japan.

As a result of votes on 'Top star in this year chosen by fans' performed by Innolife, Korean Current popular culture site among 15,000 in the end of the last year, in the top star section, where 8520 people participated, BYJ was ranked in the first place by getting 2,600 (31%) votes.

Song Seungheon, being in military service, was ranked boasting unchanging popularity with support from 1643(19.3%), and following him, Lee Byeongheon and Kwon Sangwoo recorded 3rd and fourth places by getting 575 & 472 votes, respectively.

In the best film section, the 'Oe Chool' having mobilized the largest number of audience among Korean films in the history in Japan, was ranked in the first place, and BYJ was also chosen as the best actor in the film section with high supports over 70%. For the best actress, Lee Youngae in the 'Sympthy for Lady Vengeance' was selected.

.........Omit.......

Reported from Tokyo, Lee Taemoon,gounworld@mydaily.co.kr, www.mydaily.co.kr

Copyright ⓒ My Daily

2006/01/06 14:44 KST

S. Korean stars ask Hong Kong to release farmers

SEOUL, Jan. 6 (Yonhap) -- Three South Korean actors, including the heroine of hit drama "The Jewel in the Palace," have sent a letter to the Hong Kong government asking for the release of farmers indicted for violently protesting trade liberalization there, activists said Friday.

"It is our deep regret that this incident happened," Lee Young-ae said in the letter, also signed by Ahn Sung-ki and Lee Byung-hun.

Source: Yonhap News

http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20060106/...06144429E2.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : Jan 6, 2006 KST 16:21

Hallyu stars urge release of S. Korean farmers from Hong Kong jail

200512170730004109.jpg

Actors Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Young-ae and Lee Byung-heon have submitted a petition urging the release of South Korean farmers who will be tried at a Hong Kong court on Jan. 11 for staging violent rallies during the latest WTO ministerial meeting.

The Coalition for Cultural Diversity in Moving Images (CDMI) said Jan. 6 that the three actors handed over their petition to the head of the Korean Struggle Mission, which will later deliver the document to the Hong Kong government and police. The mission, comprising Democratic Labor Party Rep. Kwon Young-kil and Tan Byung-ho, left for Hong Kong Jan. 8.

In the petition, the actors expressed regret over violent clashes that occurred "unintentionally" between protesting farmers and local police when the farmers attempted to convey their anti-globalization messages to the WTO ministerial meeting. The petition also strongly urged the Hong Kong government and police to let the Korean farmers return to their families as soon as possible, citing their desperate struggle for survival.

The petition signed by the three most influential hallyu stars in Hong Kong carries a special meaning. The CDMI said the actors hope that their petition will be of help to the arrested farmers.

Currently, 11 Korean farmers are awaiting a trial in Hong Kong. The content of the petition will be disclosed to the public by the local media.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...6718_11692.html

Another article on the related issue, thanks to charms1986 for highlighting it.

Movie Stars File Appeal for Protesters

Friday, January 6, 2006 15:10:23

2006010625_big.jpg

Actors Ahn Sung-ki and Lee Byung-hun and actress Lee Young-ae have filed a petition urging the swift release of eleven South Korean protesters awaiting trial in Hong Kong.

The Coalition for Cultural Diversity in Moving Images said Friday that the three stars delivered the petition to a delegation opposed to the World Trade Organization that will leave for Hong Kong Sunday.

Led by Democratic Labor Party lawmakers Kwon Young-ghil and Dan Byung-ho, the delegation will file the petition with the Hong Kong government and police.

In the petition, the three actors expressed deep regret over the incident, saying something undesirable happened though the protesters did not want to clash with the Hong Kong government and police.

They also urged a swift release of the protesters in consideration of their suffering in a foreign country.

Reported by KBS World Radio

Contact the KBS News: englishweb@kbs.co.kr

http://english.kbs.co.kr/news/newsview_sub...&key=2006010625

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-06-2006

Korean Stars Call for Release of Detainees

200601061031211120_1.jpg

Popular actors Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Young-ae and Lee Byung-hun will send a plea to Hong Kong authorities for the release of 11 South Korean farmers, who are accused of staging illegal rallies there on Dec. 17.

The Korean stars, widely popular in East Asia, said in their plea that they felt sorry for the unintentional clash between Hong Kong police and Korean protesters, but asked the court to release the 11 Koreans now in custody. A group of Korean demonstrators went over to Hong Kong to stop WTO ministers’ meetings from reaching a deal on trade liberalization, but during the rally, they collided with the port’s police.

The plea will be delivered to the Hong Kong government and police by a Korean delegation on Jan. 8, prior to a trial for them.

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr

01-06-2006 17:45

Credit: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...17431111720.htm

Image courtesy of mydaily.co.kr

Archived