Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

September 15, 2009

Lee Young-ae Talks on Marriage

By Cho Jae-hyon

Staff Reporter

Actress Lee Young-ae expressed her position about her secret marriage to a businessman Tuesday for the first time since she returned home following their wedding last month at a resort in Hawaii.

At a 10-minute or so briefing to a throng of reporters who gathered at Hanyang University, she said her marriage does not necessarily mean an end to acting, though she declined to be specific about her future plans. Lee is taking a doctoral course at Hanyang University's Graduate School of Theater and Cinema this semester.

"I hope my fans understand (the marriage) as there are diverse forms of marriages though I'm sorry to my fans who love me. I just wanted to make it quietly,'' Lee said. "What's most important for now is to be faithful to marriage life.''

Lee asked the press to respect the privacy of her husband. "I have such a profound feeling going beyond love toward him. Everything about him is good to me. He is such a trustworthy and sincere man,'' she said. "If my husband were an entertainer, I would have disclosed personal information about him. But he is an ordinary person. So I hope you will keep that line too.''

She said she plans to study hard as it is part of the process to become a better actress. "I want to show the process of growing as an actress through studying the field I have worked for. The study is just an extension of my acting,'' the actress said. ``I will do my best.''

Lee returned home alone earlier this month after the wedding. Asked whether she has plans to study in the United States, she said it's unclear as for now.

Best known for playing the lead in the hit television drama "Jewel in the Palace,'' Lee married a 55-year-old man, identified only as Jeong. He is a graduate of the Illinois Institute of Technology, located in Chicago, and works in the IT industry in the United States.

Credits: chojh@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_51890.html

September 16, 2009

Lee Young-ae in 1st Public Appearance Since Wedding

Star actress Lee Young-ae made her first public appearance since her secret marriage on Tuesday. She expressed her happiness over the first 20 days of her married life but remained reticent on the issue that most piqued her fans' curiosity -- her husband.

Lee, who had been playing hide-and-seek with media since she secretly married a U.S.-Korean businessman in Hawaii last month, held a press conference at the Graduate School of Theater and Cinema in Hanyang University, where she just started her doctoral studies.

2009091600753_0.jpg

Lee Young-ae gets into a car after the first class of her doctorate program at Hanyang University on Tuesday

Over 100 reporters lined up in the university from early in the morning to catch Lee heading to her first class. "I'm sorry to have confused you several times. I didn't mean to. I ask for your generous understanding as it involves good news," Lee said. She briefly mentioned her husband. "I've had a long-term relationship with my husband. My feelings toward him are deeper than just love. If he was in show business like me, I would have made his profile public, but he's not a public figure and doing so would be inconvenient in what he does, so we had a quiet wedding," said Lee.

Lee sparked speculation by keeping everything related to her marriage including her husband's exact age strictly confidential. Asked if she plans to have children, Lee replied, "I'm not that young anymore, so if it happens..." She said she plans to continue her acting career. After about 10 minutes of interview, Lee headed to a lecture room to have her first class.

Lee married in Hawaii on Aug. 24 and returned to Korea for her studies on Sept. 2.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lee Young Ae joins Song Seung Heon, signs with Storm S Company

http://news.nate.com/view/20100119n07847

이영애, 송승헌 소속사 전격 합류 ‘한솥밥’

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung Heon sosoksa jeongyeok joined 'teammates'

뉴스엔 원문 기사전송 2010-01-19 11:16

201001191114531001_1.jpg

----------------------------------

http://news.nate.com/view/20100119n08463

이영애, 송승헌과 같은 소속사로 옮겨

Lee Young-ae, Song Seung Hun, and moved to the same sosoksa

노컷뉴스 원문 기사전송 2010-01-19 11:33

19105902062_60800010.jpg

----------------------------------

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2010/....HTML?did=1179m

톱스타 이영애, 송승헌과 손잡았다

2010/01/19 10:49 송고

AKR20100119084900005_02_i.jpgAKR20100119084900005_01_i.jpg

chinese translation by: kdrama/lovehs (thank you)

english translation: TSH (thank you)

李英爱与宋承宪"成为一家人了"

Lee Young-ae and Song Seung Heon "became a family"

顶级明星李英爱与她的后辈以及同为韩流明星的宋承宪牵手了.

Top star Lee Young-ae and her junior Song Seung Heon, also Hallyu star, join hands.

19日宋承宪所属公司Storm S company表示他们已签下李英爱,将与宋承宪一起形成双头体制.

On 19th, Song Seung Heon's Storm S Company said they have signed Lee Young-ae, and together with Song Seung Heon, will form a double-headed structure.

此外,与李英爱合作了10多年的李柱悦也成为了公司新的代表. Storm S company表示:“随着签下了李英爱,我们今后将与新老明星等众多演员一起联手,发展为综合的娱乐公司.

In addition, 李柱悦who has worked with Lee Young-ae for over 10 years will also become the new representative of the company. Storm S Company said: "With the signing of Lee Young-ae, in the future we will team up with new and senior stars, as well as other actors to develop an integrated entertainment company."

去年在美国秘密结婚而引起话题的李英爱最近去到了婆家所在的美国,目前正在考虑下一部作品.

Secretly married last year in the US and arising a topic, Lee Young-ae recently left for her in-laws' place in US, and is currently considering the next project.

*TSH

http://korea.sohu.com/20100119/n269688928.shtml

李英爱签约新东家 与宋承宪成同门为复出打基础

发布时间:2010年01月19日12:00

李英爱加入宋承宪经纪公司 / LYA joins SSH agency company

english translation by TSH (thank you)

李英爱签约新东家 与宋承宪成同门为复出打基础

Lee Young-ae sign up new company, team up with SSH to lay the foundation for comeback

搜狐韩娱讯 北京时间1月19日上午消息,据韩国媒体报道,去年因秘密结婚而引发很大话题的韩国女演员李英爱在1月初与韩国明星宋承宪的StromS公司签约,为今后的复出打下了基础。

According to Korean media on 19th, a secret marriage last year which caused a great topic, Korean actress Lee Young-ae in early Jan signed a contract with Korean star Song Seung-heon's StormS company, thereby laying the foundation for her future return.

StormS是韩国明星宋承宪在去年5月与原经纪公司解约后,独自成立的经纪公司。目前担任该公司社长的是曾与李英爱合作多年的李周烈,此次李英爱与StromS签约,担任社长的李周烈起到了很大的作用。

StormS is Korean star SSH's own agency company set up last May after ending his contract with his previous firm. Currently serving as president of the company is 李周烈, who has worked with Lee Young-ae for many years. President 李周烈 played a significant role in having LYA signed a contract with StormS.

李英爱在婚后一直只专注于学业,很少在公开场合亮相,因此有不少人猜测李英爱是否会就此退出演艺界。而这次李英爱签约新东家用行动澄清了退隐传闻。

Lee Young-ae after marriage, has since concentrated on her studies and rarely appeared in public, so there are a lot of speculations whether she will quit from the entertainment industry. However, with LYA signing a new contract the rumors are clarified.

StormS公司社长李周烈在接受采访时表示,StormS与李英爱签约后,将进一步扩大公司各方面业务,除了积极为宋承宪、李英爱等所属艺人创造更好的发展条件外,还将积极培养新人,使公司尽快成长为一个综合性的大型演艺公司。

StormS Company President Lee said in an interview, after signing with Lee Young-ae, StormS will further expand the company's various businesses. In addition to actively creating better development plans for Song Seung-heon, Lee Young-ae and other affiliated artists, it will also actively train newcomers, so that the company will quickly progress to become a comprehensive large-scale arts performing company.

林一朗/文 版权所有Mydaily

-----------------------------------

to know more about LYA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Young_Ae

Official Website:

http://www.leeyoungae.net/

http://www.leeyoungae.net/index_en.php (english)

Management Company: 도어엔터테인먼트 (Doeo Entertainment)

LYA has been with her own management company for the past 10 years :o:rolleyes:

*TSH

http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0120000012.html

李英爱换新东家否认隐退

Lee Young-ae changed company and denied quitting (acting)

朝鲜日报网 (2010.01.20 11:01)

201001200000121in_1.jpg

“从今年开始将和宋承宪吃一锅饭。”

Starting this year with Song Seung Heon in the same company

演员李英爱最近因秘密结婚而被爆可能会隐退。日前她跳槽到另一家经纪公司,即将重新开展活动。

Actress Lee Young-ae who got married secretly recently was said to probably quitting. However she recently switched to another agency company and will soon resume activities.

宋承宪所属的(株)STORM S COMPANY于1月19日称:“李英爱在结婚当时就曾说过‘结婚并不代表中止演艺活动’。李英爱最近和我公司签订专属合同,今后将通过各种活动和粉丝们见面。”

Song Seung Heon's agency STORM S COMPANY said on 19 Jan "LYA at the time of her marriage has already said that 'marriage does not mean the termination of acting activities'. LYA recently signed an exclusive contract with our company, and will meet fans through a variety of activities in the future."

李英爱最近从美国回国,目前逗留在韩国,她将从2月左右开始通过其代言的公寓、化妆品新广告和观众见面。

LYA recently returned from the States and is currently staying in Korea. Around Feb she will meet the audience through her new CFs in apartment and cosmetics.

*TSH

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/01/lee-youn...#comment-198971

Lee Young-ae signs on with new management

January 20th, 2010 // by javabeans

leeyoungae68.jpg

Lee Young-ae has signed with Song Seung-heon’s independent management company, Storm S Company, which is the firm Song established after his contract with his former management ended last year. While I don’t normally pay attention to news about actors’ management shifts, there has been a lot of speculation over whether Lee Young-ae would retire following her marriage with a Korean-American in 2009. Now that she has taken on new management, she is effectively putting those rumors to rest and sending out the message that she is open to new work.

At the time of her marriage, she had said merely, “If a good project came along, I’d act in it,” but had focused on her studies (she’s working toward a doctorate degree at Hanyang University). On the 19th, Storm S Company confirmed the news and explained that now that they have two A-listers onboard, they will be expanding their roster to bring in new talent. Song Seung-heon is one of a wave of big-name actors going solo and/or establishing their own companies, such as Choi Ji-woo, Bae Yong-joon, So Ji-sub, and Kim Myung-min.

Via My Daily

Song Seung Heon, Lee Young Ae, and Storm S steps into the fashion business!!!!!! B)B)

Storm S confirms business "strategic affiliation" with Zippo (SMF International co.)

Korea head office based in Gangnam Gu, Seoul

http://news.nate.com/view/20100127n19179

송승헌 소속사, 패션사업 진출하나 ‘지포’와 전략적 제휴

Song Seung Heon sosoksa fashion business into one 'Zippo' strategic alliance with

뉴스엔 원문 기사전송 2010-01-27 17:55

201001271726351001_1.jpg

*rough translation

Song Seung Heon sosoksa into fashion business one strategic alliance with 'Zippo'

Premium Vintage Casual 'Zippo' the developing ㈜ SMF INTERNATIONAL (representing jeonchungmin) This Song Seung Hun, Lee Young-ae sosoksa ㈜ Storm Estonia Company (NYSE yijuyeol) signed a strategic alliance with full-scale fashion and entertainment businesses to deploy Thain.

Zippo lighters from the United States as the world's first apparel licensing rights to acquire, China, Japan, Germany and the First sipyeogae countries are ready to have a place in the Korean Wave star Song Seung Hun emepeu Estonia, ae members of the Company, together with Estonia signed the Storm as a leap forward for the global brand has signed a strategic alliance.

Official Zippo "Zippo brands currently deployed in Korea, but American progress as the original brand in China wisihae future business expansion plans abroad. The Company has a strategic alliance with Estonia Storm SMF acquire some of International's stake in the future Dept. of actor Song Seung Hun utilizing various advertising, public relations, and some Zippo store promotions for a variety of operational planning is involved, "he said.

Accordingly, the Six-to-five non-Song Seung Hun (born 정지훈) and emepeu fashion as the center of the cations have a range of activities away from the simple model will be deployed.

Zippo now includes Lotte Department Store operates a total of 15 representative stores in 2010 through the first half of 35 secured a distribution network deployment plans.

------------------------------------------------------

http://news.nate.com/view/20100127n21276

'지포' 송승헌 덕본다

'Zippo' Song Seung Heon deokbonda

뉴시스 기사전송 2010-01-27 20:01

NISI20090309_0000821805_web.jpg

*rough translation

Premium Business Wire Zippo Vintage casual are deploying ㈜ SMF MOU with the International Company of the Estonian maetgo ㈜ Storm Entertainment Fashion Thain to start a business.

Zippo 27 days, according to the Korean Wave star Song Seung Hun and Lee Young Ae's management agency, Storm S to jump to a global brand with the Company's infrastructure, the companies mobilized beolinda business.

Side Zippo "Zippo brands currently deployed in Korea, but proceed to the next as the original brand in China wish the United States and overseas business expansion plan as one" said "The Company, through a partnership with S-Storm International's stake in SMF retrieves some members Starring Song Seung Heon utilizing various advertising and promotional activities will continue, "he said.

Zippo that includes Lotte Department Store, 15 stores operating under.

Zippo Fashion:

http://www.zippofashion.co.kr/index.asp

foot_address2.jpg

aboutzf.gif

zippoconcept.jpg

Lotte Department:

http://www.lotteimall.com/emporium/DgrpSho...d_code=40516030

zippolottemall.jpg

*TSH

WOW WOW!! what an exciting business adventure that our Seung Heon and dear Young Ae, with Storm S,

has now started ^_^^_^

http://news.nate.com/view/20100129n18284

패션테인먼트와 세계로 뻗어나가는 송승헌

Thain entertainment and fashion world as a mine creeping Song Seung Heon

기사전송 2010-01-29 19:48

*rough translation

SMF International, the holding hands with Song Seung Heon Thain Entertainment Fashion is a business development. Premium Vintage Casual 'Zippo' with Song Seung Hun, the company is being deployed, ae signature member of the Storm Estonia the Company signed a strategic alliance with global brands and the companies have to jump into the best act on the infrastructure projects will proceed.

78 years with a history of Zippo lighters from the United States acquired the world rights to licensed apparel SMF International, China, Japan, Germany and currently has a dozen other countries are preparing for first spot. The ultimate goal 'Fila' or 'MCM' as a global center of the Republic of Korea will be laundered.

Storm S, the company also entered into a partnership with Company that Song Seung Hun, Lee Young-ae and across Asia as Korean pop stars have had high impact and awareness of future projects are expected to give strong support because.

Official Zippo "Zippo brands currently deployed in Korea and the United States, but as the original brand in China, starting with the next plan is to expand overseas business. The Company has a strategic alliance with Estonia SMF Storm International's stake will get some. In addition, utilizing Ad Dept. actor Song Seung Hun, and some stores for promotional activities including promotion planning and operations are involved. This is not just a marketing star at the center of a star brand yourself saying I'll move, "he said.

SMF International and the Company's motion Fashion Thain Estonia Storm Entertainment in the fashion industry recently hwaduin gwichu will affect what is a note.

------------------------------------------------------------------

zippoalliance.jpg

*TSH

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...01002180068.asp

Striking a balance in translation

By Yang Sung-jin Wednesday, February 17, 2010

201002180001.jpg

The Korean Wave in Chinese-speaking countries across Asia has been boosted by well-made Korean TV dramas. Chinese viewers interested in Korean dramas may not know Debby Tung, but they have certainly benefited from her excellent translations. Tung, who is set to receive her doctorate degree in Korean literature at the Academy of Korean Studies later this month, is a veteran translator who has so far worked on some 90 Korean TV dramas.

"The most memorable drama was 'Jewel in the Palace' because it introduced Korean food in a very interesting way," Tung said. "Thanks to the success of the drama, many people in Taiwan and elsewhere began to enjoy Korean food."

Tung said "Jewel in the Palace," starring Lee Young-ae as a versatile cook and court doctor, successfully highlighted not only the delicacies of Korea's royal cuisine but also other healthy traditional Korean dishes that can appeal to foreign audiences.

(full article click the link above)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Lee Young Ae fans! I just want to share this info with you.

SDY8.jpg

A brand new Japanese magazine called “All About Korean Historical Dramas” has just been published on March 2 in Japan. In it director Lee Byung-Hoon PD tells his own story about 5 popular historical dramas he directed as well as one forthcoming.

Director Lee’s masterpieces include “Jewel in the Palace” (Dae Jang Geum), “Yi San” (Lee San, Wind of the Palace), “Sangdo” (Business Ethics), ”The Legendary Doctor Huh Joon”, and “Seo Dong Yo”. His new drama ”Dong Yi” (Dawn), starring Han Hyo-Joo, Ji Jin-Hee, and Lee So-Yeon, will premiere on MBC on March 22.

Each section on each drama gives the synopsis of the story, the historical background, casting secrets, scriptwriting problems, interesting anecdotes during production, behind-the-scenes conversations between the director and the actors, as well as the director’s take on the “real” actors.

Magazine is priced at 1980 yen (inclusive of tax) and comes with a special DVD.

SDY6.jpg

Credit: EVERjohyunjae.co.kr; www.koretame.jp; http://gall.dcinside.com; johyunjae.hk. English article by wulijohyunjae at http://jo-hyun-jae.com

Guest mimicheah

Hi, Lee Young Ae fans! I just want to share this info with you.

SDY8.jpg

A brand new Japanese magazine called “All About Korean Historical Dramas” has just been published on March 2 in Japan. In it director Lee Byung-Hoon PD tells his own story about 5 popular historical dramas he directed as well as one forthcoming.

Director Lee’s masterpieces include “Jewel in the Palace” (Dae Jang Geum), “Yi San” (Lee San, Wind of the Palace), “Sangdo” (Business Ethics), ”The Legendary Doctor Huh Joon”, and “Seo Dong Yo”. His new drama ”Dong Yi” (Dawn), starring Han Hyo-Joo, Ji Jin-Hee, and Lee So-Yeon, will premiere on MBC on March 22.

Each section on each drama gives the synopsis of the story, the historical background, casting secrets, scriptwriting problems, interesting anecdotes during production, behind-the-scenes conversations between the director and the actors, as well as the director’s take on the “real” actors.

Magazine is priced at 1980 yen (inclusive of tax) and comes with a special DVD.

SDY6.jpg

Credit: EVERjohyunjae.co.kr; www.koretame.jp; http://gall.dcinside.com; johyunjae.hk. English article by wulijohyunjae at http://jo-hyun-jae.com

Thank you for sharing with us.

• 2 months later...
Guest miniejungle

can't forget her as Minchu in The Medical Brothers starring aside Jang Dong Gun... she's first class actress. I hope to see her returning to work soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived