Minwoo & Hyesung * Cancel Mkmf Appearances

Guest Aromati97

Guest Aromati97

Due to MKMF's Stupidity

Soompiers.

Before you move on, I'd really appreciate it if you took your time to read every single word that is written below.

This is a huge matter that must be taken into consideration by higher officials in Korea.

This issue is regarding the MKMF Awards Ceremony that was taken yesterday @ 7pm (Korea Time).

I want the article and the official notice stated below to speak for itself rather than trying to explain it myself because I am incredibly angry at the moment.

+) Please, I advise you to read it carefuly. Thank you very much Soompiers <3

49650480jf7.png

34886971qf4.png

94667154gu8.png

Article

The reason behind singer Lee Minwoo's last minute cancellation of the '2007 MNET KM Music Video Festival (MKMF) is creating much shockwaves and controversy.

Lee Minwoo and Shin Hyesung who were originally slated to appear at the MKMF on the 17th from 7pm, both cancelled their appearances a mere one hour before the event began.

Lee Minwoo in particular, who had even completed all rehearsals and preparation, suddenly pulled out around 5pm.

A source from Lee Minwoo's management announced, "There were certain aspects of the MKMF awards that were difficult to consent to and inevitably, appearances were cancelled. The situation was that we had completed all rehearsals but to suddenly cancel, we feel apologetic. We sincerely apologise to all the fans that had looked forward to a good performance."

Furthermore, on the reason behind the cancelled appearances, management showed their disappointment and explained, "The decision was made due to selection criteria for the award recipents not meeting credible standards."

Similiarly, Shin Hyesung's management announced, "Unfortunately we came to the decision to leave at around 5pm. We apologise to the fans who looked forward to great performances. We will endeavour to reveal the reasons behind the cancellations at a later date."

As a result, it is expected that the MKMF will be subject to much scrutiny with two artists pulling out before the event even began and the issue of award shows fairness will be once again be of controversy.

Credits: ShinhwaChangjo.net + orenji728 (translation) + MoneyToday (source)

Official Notice

Hello. This is Open World Entertainment.

We are very apologetic to have given disappointment to all the fans in regards to the 2007 Mnet KM Music Festival. We ask for as much understanding as your support for M Lee Minwoo.

As released into the press by Open World Entertainment - the managers of Lee Minwoo's management - due to many aspects of the awards that we could not consent to, performance and appearances for the MKMF were cancelled.

The biggest reason behind the cancelled appearances at the 2007 MKMF was problems with fairness. Furthermore, we realised that we were being treated as simply supporting acts.

As all you fans would know, has Lee Minwoo ever worked in music for the purpose of winning awards? Lee Minwoo is not one that puts life or death on a single trophy but an artist that truly loves music.

If it was you, if the person you loved had their heart ache and hurt, what would you do?

Just as all you fans care for and love Lee Minwoo, so too does Open World Entertainment and our hearts cherish and want to protect him.

Going beyond the awards selection for this years MKMF, we felt there were no criteria or standards. Album sales, online & mobile voting, online recognition, online sales - we were lacking in none of these areas. It is not even known what music sites or standards make up a 'combined digital chart' ranking.

The largest site with the most online members and users, Soribada, had Lee Minwoo's 3rd album title song and follow-up single both stay on the top of Soribada charts for 3 months. Furthermore, Lee Minwoo was the first ever artist to have 2 songs from one album reach the top 10 at the same time.

On the other hand, Melon and Mnet.com have complete monopolies on the promotion of SK, Seoul Records and CJ Entertainment artists only. This factor we are sure you all will know well through the media and the internet. As a result, it is impossible to see any fairness in a chart that gives its own managed artists priority.

So which chart looks most accurate to you?

We do not deem who receives the awards important. However it was impossible not to question the criteria of judging, and till rehearsal day, MKMF failed to give an explanation to the nature of the judging process and so, even with Park Jin Youngs comeback stage imminent, we had no choice but to walk away.

After releasing his 3rd album, for almost 4 months, seeing Lee Minwoo staying up all night to create better stages, performances and music and working harder than ever before, it got to the stage where we were watching in pity.

We are not trying to be satisfied with a result. It is more that our pride has been hurt in the process of Lee Minwoo's neverending effort and challenges.

We feel very apologetic that we could not participate in a place to celebrate the hard work of a singer together with the fans.

Open World Entertainment will continue to work harder in order to help Lee Minwoo greet the fans with a greater self.

This decision to cancel the performance and appearance was more Open World Entertainments decision rather than Lee Minwoo's in order to protect and take responsibility over our artist, so please take this into consideration.

Once again we sincerely extend our apologies to the fans for this matter.

Credits: ShinhwaChangjo.net + orenji728 (translation) + M Rising (source)

================================================================================

====================

I'd like to first start off by saying this.

Hats off to Minwoo Oppa, Dongwan Oppa, and Hyesung Oppa for not participating in this years MKMF Awards Ceremony.

It may have seen a little unprofessional to others; however, it is something that the fans see as prideful.

As you have just read, MinWanSyung (Minwoo/Dongwan/Hyesung) have all decided to not attend the ceremony due to some miscommunication with MNET.

It is quite wrong to state that Dongwan and Hyesung Oppas did not attend the ceremony.

1) Hyesung Oppa did not even send MNET a notice that he would attend the ceremony.

2) Dongwan Oppa never received a call/invitation from MNET to join the ceremony in the first place. (I'm seriously angry about this one!)

As you know one of the big factors in the MKMF distribution of awards is it's yearly voting.

Many fans from around the world take part in this voting poll for approximately 2 weeks.

The results for Shinhwa were the following:

* I am only posting up the voting results for the Shinhwa members because this topic is regarding them only.*

mkmf.jpg

As you can clearly see, Hyesung Oppa and Minwoo Oppa won first place on the Auction MKMF Voting.

It was clearly stated on the site that whoever wins this voting will be given the winners 100%.

ONLY the voting for the Auction Polls will go directly to the winners.

Meaning, that there are no other factors taken into consideration - just the PERCENTAGE OF THE POLLS.

In the end, who did MKMF give the awards to? ~ NOT HYESUNG OR MINWOO.

As for the other polls given out by MKMF.

Minwoo Oppa clearly won the Dance Category by thousands of votes.

But, who did the award go to? ~ NOT MINWOO.

Hyesung Oppa clearly won the Ballad Category by thousands of votes.

But, who did the award go to? ~ NOT HYESUNG.

Of course, the voting results are just 1 big part of the decision.

Okay, let's move onto album sales of the year.

You might have seen it floating around Soompi somewhere, but for those who haven't seen it yet, I'll post it below.

<2006년 12월 ~ 2007년 10월 EunHyung Overall Sales>

1. SG워너비 4집 - 190,125장

2. 에픽하이 4집 - 117,664장 (8월까지 판매량)

3. 빅뱅 1집 - 110,408장

4. SG워너비 스페셜앨범 - 95,393장

5. 씨야 2집 - 81,393장

6. 신혜성 2집(리팩 포함) - 81,347장

7. 슈퍼주니어 2집 - 80,266장

8. FT아일랜드 1집- 76,097장

*This is taken directly off of the site. You can go check for yourselves.*

Hyesung Oppa is #6 in the overall sales. Still, he was not given any awards.

Not even the Best Song of the Year or Best Artist of the Year (in which he both was #1 in the voting).

Am I the only one seeing something wrong here?

The fans in Korea are going incredibly mad and wants to start an online petition.

This is seriously insane. SHCJ please keep your heads up. We will get to the bottom of this!!!!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw poor shinhwa. yea there was A LOT of bashing going on in the mkmf thread in the korean music section about shinhwa.

i do think minwoo & hyesung deserve an award. it sucks that they didnt win. & they had a right to leave. they've been wokring their butts off for years & if mnet is not going to recognize that & be unfair, then they had a right to leave. & im not really going to choose a side .. because nobody will know what TRULY happened. we only know 1/2 the side right now.

Guest Aromati97

aw poor shinhwa. yea there was A LOT of bashing going on in the mkmf thread in the korean music section about shinhwa.

i do think minwoo & hyesung deserve an award. it sucks that they didnt win. & they had a right to leave. they've been wokring their butts off for years & if mnet is not going to recognize that & be unfair, then they had a right to leave. & im not really going to choose a side .. because nobody will know what TRULY happened. we only know 1/2 the side right now.

Can you provide a link for me to the bashing?

Who is bashing my Shinhwa? I would like to know.

Because whoever has a problem with Shinhwa has a problem with me.

Guest chungmonkey629

I'm still not exactly sure as to what happened....i guess the judging process was flawed? Although I am a bit upset that m and hyesung didnt attend mkmf, I don't really think the judging was that flawed. I'm sorry to say this b/c i absolutely love minwoo, but i seriously dont believe that he could've or should've won artist of the year or song of the year for mkmf. He's an amazingly hard worker, but I sincerely am glad that other artists won those awards. Big Bang won the song of the year award b/c, well, their song 거짓말 is definitely THE number 1 song out this year. It's addicting, people love it, and it's GOOD. I'm not saying that m's songs aren't good--they just aren't up to the same calibar as bigbang's song. Plus, bigbang deserves an award, no?

yes, the judging process can be unfair, but this applies to many award shows. Fans have the right to petition, but i still believe the awards were given to the ppl who most deserved them.

Guest vanessa1988

okay maybe i havent been with shinhwa since the beginning but i became a fan after their seperation from sm..

even then i am very fond of them since theyre my fave kpop boyband.

minwoo and hyesung do deserve an award. both of them are clearly talented.

they have been working hard promoting their cds so good for them for leaving. if this is how theyre going to be treated then theres no point

going to those awards.

to be honest, i was pretty shocked at who some of hte awards were given to because they hadn't made a major impact on the charts...unlike, as you pointed out, the shinhwa guys. and honestly, i think it's pretty fair to say that it doesn't take much to THINK and realize that something fishy is going on. don't take soompi's perspective and analyze the situation, but the korean masses.

thank you for posting, and explaining the situation. i hope no one gets into major arguments on this thread...but i really hope people consider that just MAYBE their favorite artist that so happened to win an award last night didn't quite deserve it according to the "judging criteria" posted...

MKMF 2007 was just a disaster in general. They should just cancel it now, they've lost all credibility with award giving now that they have their own record label, M.net Media. However, the award show is over now and the winners aren't going to change. The most they can do is make sure that M.net does not favor their own artists next time.

Guest cookievang

aww this sucks. i mean wow there has been ALOT i mean ALOT of bashing going on here about this award

and i feel bad for the people that didn't win but dang now reading this i feel realllllly bad for M & hyesung. they should get

treated better then this. i hope everything turns out fine at the end. arggghh ...

Well sad to say I have to agree with what they feel

MKMF this year is a total failure.

Good move they cancelled their appearances just before the show start but sad for fans as we anticipated for their performances

What can I say, if there is a next MKMF, I hope they wont make the same stupid mistakes again... its just disappointing

Guest xdaisiesx3

As much as MKMF's awarding system was wrong, I don't think it was THAT wrong.

Honestly, artists are ALWAYS, ALWAYSSS hardworking & put so much effort.

It's true that EVERY ARTIST stay up & practice, practice, practice. It's not just M & Hyesung.

Though Minwoo & Hyesung deserved awards too, the other artists who actually won some deserved it also.

I personally think it was pretty unprofessional for them to just cancel out like that, two hours before the ceremony.

Guest Aromati97

As much as MKMF's awarding system was wrong, I don't think it was THAT wrong.

Honestly, artists are ALWAYS, ALWAYSSS hardworking & put so much effort.

It's true that EVERY ARTIST stay up & practice, practice, practice. It's not just M & Hyesung.

Though Minwoo & Hyesung deserved awards too, the other artists who actually won some deserved it also.

I personally think it was pretty unprofessional for them to just cancel out like that, two hours before the ceremony.

Again, if you had read my post you wouldn't have said something that was not true.

Hyesung Oppa never gave an official notice to MNET that he would attend the ceremony.

Dongwan Oppa never got a call or an invitation of some sort by MKMF.

Minwoo Oppa on the other did the right thing of not attending. Who would want to attend such a corrupted ceremony?

poor minwoo and hyesung oppa.. this is extreamly upsetting.. they work so hard just to put on a good show for their fans and this is what Mkmf does to them.. its so wrong in every matter.. but theres no point even if mkmf wants to give them an award now since it'd be meaningless.. no matter what the fans will know and acknowledge their hard work they have been/will continue to give to us.. we support you!!! <3 <3

Guest miss':bella

WOW shinwha needs to QQ more

And QQ means?

Anyways.

I am upset to the max as well right now.

MKMF seriously needs to pick up their act or else they will be losing artists one by one.

MKMF will only end up with SM groups to perform for them.

SHINHWA, we know you deserved half of the awards!!!!

IN OUR HEARTS YOU ARE #1!!!!!!!

Guest addickshun

please don't bash other artists who got the awards instead of shinhwa,

let's bash MNET instead =))

*sigh* if it wasn't for ftisland,

i wouldn't sit the whole way watching the whole show

it got to the point that i wanna shut my computer down and go sleep

but some good perf. came up and got me hooked

and JYP. that dude. i really wanted to kick his butt offstage (=o=")

Guest miss':bella

Can someone clarify if Minwoo was supposed to collaborate with JYP on his comeback stage?

Minwoo and Fly to the Sky were both supposed to be onstage with JYP.

However, both ended up not attending the ceremony.

Archived