Minwoo & Hyesung * Cancel Mkmf Appearances

Guest Aromati97

this shud be a wake-up call for MKMF!

they deserved this kind of treatment and i must say its way overdue!

too bad it has to come from The Legend - Shinhwa.

they've been snatched of awards so many times...

M & Sungie..fighting!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahahoha

i feel sorry for both of them not attending mkmf, coz i guess they will be busy rehearsing their asia tour next month, which means there's chance they won't attend any of the remaining ceremonies T_T

u just feel something's missing without the shinhwa boys (or even ftts & other veterans) in any ceremony, i mean since the majority of the awards go to newer artists this year........it kinda lacked the "star vibe"

Guest jhyun-se7en

In time to come, they will see.

More and more artists will stop appearing for their awards.

In years to come, it will be just left with artists under their label.

Even if that happens, they deserved it.

Now they've just chased away minwoo and hyesung, members of the most legendary group and the most popular group of the whole hallyu thing. They'll regret somedays. >_<

OMG that was such a shock to me!!!i thought they win for sure.. cause i hv been checking out their voting and even participate in voting.. how could this be....it is such a disaster... i know that many fans would be sad~~~but we are know that shinhwa members deserve those awards...

u SUCK.. MNET!!!!

Guest subdwfreaky

oh my gosh..i'm worried that this will yet be another place of shinhwa-bashers ....i hope not~

Yes, i couldn't have been more proud with M n Hyesung..especially after that notice from Open Media..it explained a lot.

and further with the album sales....something is really wrong..

to me..it's not that M or Hyesung deserves the awards cuz they've been working hard, duh.

everyone worked hard. i'm not blind to see it.

the reason it's wrong for them to not win is becuz they deserve to win...

and that, can be seen in the polls+album sales.

i dunno why so many is still making hard-work as the issue. no, it's an award show, and who work the hardest is not the issue at all. the issue is who Deserves, according to the so-called standards set by organizers...

and from what i've been seeing, this aspect is totally corrupted.

is it too hard to see that?

the least i could do now is to stand strong behind these guys who dare enough to walk away in pride, with even a clear explanation.

i'm seriously proud of them.

Shinhwa is not about awards or kissing butts of the industry's giants.

Shinhwa has proven they're so much more than that.

and i'm seriously so proud of their MKMF's decision. i respected them. and i want them to be happy, just as they has always been pleasing fans all these years.

they had just made me love them even more n more~

Shinhwa fans, anywhere n everywhere..

Stay strong~Fighting.

don't let those ugly bashings n bashers get us. (if u look into the mkmf thread..the accusations are really, really ugly to the core)

Fighting~!

Yay. ^___^

Guest itz Nhari

I am so freakin pissed off at the situation right now.

After watching some of the MKMF on YouTube, I just started cringing and just xed it out.

I couldn't bare to see some people win over those who were the actual WINNERS.

Minwoo Oppa and Hyesung Oppa FIGHTING! WE KNOW YOU ARE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ByEWaNeY

hmmmm....i wonder also as actually how does MKMF choose the winners...

based on the songs, talents or popularity?????it is really confusing

i dont mind whoever wons as long as the REALLY deserved it(which some didnt deserve it apparently)

some of the winners didnt deserved the award(not going to say who..u guys know who rite??)

i HONESTLY dont think the shinhwa's boys pulled out of the show coz they didnt win any awards..that not like them..

i think minwoo probably think that some of the winners doesnt deserved the awards they get...so he just didnt feel like attending the show coz he feel that the mkmf is being unfair...unprofessional or not we cant decide it coz we dont know the truth behind all the drama..so please understand this matter

i think mkmf should pick the winners more carefully...come on...it is one of the most popular award shows so they should do their job professionally...what's with all the bias thing they're doin...

all and all..i think hyesung should win ballad song n male artist of the year..his song was the best..he totally deserved it...minwoo should hv won the dance music award...it is quite disappointing they didnt won what they deserved in the 1st place....but hey!!it my opinion so sori if no one agrees wit me...

mkmf just went from bad to worst comparing to last year....aigooo...please credit the artists who really deserved it for once....being popular rather than talented doesnt make it alright to give them the award..that is just wrong...VERY WRONG...

I can see your point on this topic because I too I'm annoyed that CSJH didn't win Best Female Group award when they clearly won in the polls but again the polls count for only 20% of the voting..but yea still it's TOTALLY unfair.

but the problem I see wrong is that Minwoo cancelled on it..it shows that he was being unprofessional, yes I agree that there has to be something fishy with the voting/judging but still canceling last minute I was disappointed cause I was looking forward to his performance as well .n. I'm disappointed that he didn't win an award when we all know he does deserve it...but like I mention canceling last minute regardless is STILL unprofessional he should have held his head up high .n. not cancel .n. do his performance NOT for Mnet but for his fans. He owes it to us fans that were looking forward to his awesome performance...I mean screw Mnet/MKMF for there "unfairness" but continue on with the show for the ppl that do believe it you .n. will support you behind this unfairness of ruling..that was the only thing that I was disappointed in Minwoo was that he did something unprofessional but I do understand him .n. I'll continue to support him in this matter.

Guest eveelyn

MKMF is unfair = Conclusion

I guess everyone agree to this right?

Yup! We shouldn't bash artistes.

I think they are really the innocent parties.

Hais.. MUSIC IS LOVE!

All of us are at the same side cos we support music!

I know that even if M and Hyesung didn't win, they'll still have a lot of ppl supporting them.

That is what they really hope right?

Our support is more important than an award :D

god knows how many times shinhwa has been holding their heads up

regardless of whatever happens behind the curtain.

i think MKMF has reached the borderline with its unfair judgement.

we've seen this too many times...

and i still think M did the right thing by walking off like that.

i'd rather see them (Shinhwa) get together and celebrate wannie (poor guy not even invited)

birthday rather than seeing M gritting his teeth, alone at the award ceremony...

Guest yum yum dimsum

that's why JYP's performance was way tooooooooo long :huh:

-

if they didn't pick the winners based on the number of votes, then what did they based it on..

you got some explaining to do MNET!!!

well they do base the winners on the voting, then the sales of the ablums .n. then i guess some judges do the last minute ruling.

I honestly think the last minute ruling of the judges is not needed, cause if that's the case then why have a poll for the fans to vote you know?

If the judges are just gonna chose who they like last minute. I think it's B.S..

Like eveelyn said MKMF is unfair that's the end of the story and that's something we can all agree on is that MKMF is very unfair.

Guest subdwfreaky

he should have held his head up high .n. not cancel .n. do his performance NOT for Mnet but for his fans. He owes it to us fans that were looking forward to his awesome performance...I mean screw Mnet/MKMF for there "unfairness" but continue on with the show for the ppl that do believe it you .n. will support you behind this unfairness of ruling.

oh wait...i am a fan...he does not owe me anything.... :)

in fact, as a fan, i am so glad n proud he did what he did...

and umm......any M/Shinhwa fans feel that M owed us?.....

don't worry bout him his great perf, we always know he's a greatttt performer even without MKMF or d award..^^

I'm sorry to say, but I don't know, I didn't like any of Shin Hye Sung's songs.

I guess it doesn't really matter because it depends on what everyone ELSE voted.

And Hyesung was up there, but yeah, I don't think anyone should be saying "So and so shouldn't have received the award blah blah".

Anyway, yes MKMF were a bit ;;;

But I don't know, I thought the results were pretty obvious.

BigBang's song was HUGE in Korea, seriously played EVERYWHERE on TV, and SuperJunior - well, their fans get crazy, and they did SO many album activities.

It's really hard to get all 13 members to appear on programs all at once, but they did - and in MANY too.

So I think the prizes were well received. People who received awards were well worthy of receiving them, and I can't think of anyone else who could have received them.

Even though album sales were high and even though M's 2 songs were in the top 10 at the same time, it doesn't mean they were definitely going to get prizes.

ShinHyeSung didn't appear on programs half as many times as Super Junior, nor did M, OR Kim Dong Wan.

Because remember, it isn't solely based on netizen votes, but more on their activity and how busy they were.

It's how busy they are that shows their popularity and respect, because that's just how much people are willing to see them on TV, singing, performing, etc. etc.

So yeah, I don't think they should be making such a huge fuss about this -___-;;

They're really overreacting. :x

Anyway. Overall, MKMF was disgusting, because there were SO many mistakes they made this year.

The reasons you listed about their invitations to ShinHyeSung, M and Kim Dong Wan, and also Anyband AND TVXQ.

And I must say the opening to MKMF was also disturbing :x.

Jang Geun Suk's image is ruined ;_;

Guest csnrain

The unfairness of the MKMF awards has been well known for years now; no other award show is given such criticism as Mnet's....and unfortunately it seems to only get worse with each passing year. Nevertheless, I always looked forward to it because they have some very good performances but I think even that is starting to disappear; I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the performances this year.

I think that veteran artists should really start to take a stand against these award shows, many of which don't even have clear judging criteria. And it really doesn't make any sense to debate if an artist has worked hard or not cause in kpop, every artist has worked hard to get to the point they're at.

Kpop in general has disappointed me for a few years now and I think the great majority of it has to do with these "idols" who increasingly produce albums not worth buying, who have virtually no talent, who almost always lipsynch on stage and are mere puppets with no creativity or uniqueness. There were elements of this in the 90's too and I expected it to get better but it's only continued and gotten worse. why?

These award shows are always pushing veteran artists (and I'm not just talking about just Shinhwa) or artists with actual talent to the side in favor of popular idol groups and I truly think its a shame.

And even with all the criticism, I highly doubt mnet even cares since they are one of the most popular music channels on tv. Nothings going to change unless the artists and their companies do something about it.

Guest miracle;

Even though album sales were high and even though M's 2 songs were in the top 10 at the same time, it doesn't mean they were definitely going to get prizes.

ShinHyeSung didn't appear on programs half as many times as Super Junior, nor did M, OR Kim Dong Wan.

Because remember, it isn't solely based on netizen votes, but more on their activity and how busy they were.

It's how busy they are that shows their popularity and respect, because that's just how much people are willing to see them on TV, singing, performing, etc. etc.

I totally agree with you.

Well, some of them REALLY deserved it... So perhaps M-net is not completely biased.

There're still other awards, why don't we move on and vote for the artists you think deserve to win.

And I don't get why people are blaming M-net for DBSK's absence. DBSK was the one who pulled out because of their schedule in Japan or something like that? What's there to blame on M-net?! Eeesh!

Guest jhyun-se7en

Partially I agree with you all that minwoo have 2 songs in the top 10 doesn't mean they were definitely going to get the awards.

But the point is, is it that artists should have SO MANY album activities in order to get awards? >_<

What I'm trying to say is that, I don't think having MANY MANY album activities means they should get the award.

I'm not saying Super Junior shouldn't get the award, anyway out of the so many people who got the awards, I believe some of them really deserves it. And those who got awards but people thinks they don't deserve it, I think it's not their fault anyway. There's something just very weird and wrong about the way they are being judged. ~~

It's just that some of the awards given out really..

Archived