Minwoo & Hyesung * Cancel Mkmf Appearances

Guest Aromati97

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Burning Chopstick

Minwoo and Fly to the Sky were both supposed to be onstage with JYP.

However, both ended up not attending the ceremony.

:( Really hope they are still all in good terms then. Seems kind of wrong to abandon your senior like that, but I guess Minwoo's actions were all done with good merit. Don't really know if it was justifiable or not though.

Even though this happened, nevertheless, Shinhwa is a group that has such high status in terms of their songs and dance abilities. The voting was messed up...Although it was unprofessional to just 'pull out', i think they did it cuz they knew it was WRONG and they in no way wanted to be part of it.

Guest IATEYOU

although it wasnt very professional to pull out with such short reason, i am sure there are reasons and issues that we dont know and that they havent revealed yet. of course im bias because i love shinhwa, but i also know that they dont perform just for awards. they really love music and im glad that they stood for what they believed was right.

wait... so this award thing to TOTALLY unfair?!?!

i agree, its unfair...

if i remember, Epik high was the one who won the album of the year rite?!?!

now thats not fair.. Shinhwa totally win over from the poll!

MKMF is kind of UNFAIR!

Minwoo won from the poll, and he's not the one who recieve the award..

wow, im furious about DBSK not attending because of the delay (and they didnt recieved any of the award)

and now im getting mad for Mnet being unfair for Shinhwa...

this is totally #@!#@!@!$#^*%#@!!!!!!!!

i hope next year is better and more fair than this year...

Aah... All these award shows are based on popularity. I think everyone deserves an award for their years of training and hardwork, so I'm not going to criticize any of them though I felt some deserved more than the other. The award decisions are always political...

I think it doesn't matter whether the artist win awards or not coz as long as their fans believe in their credibility and support them, then that's all that matters. And yes pulling out suddenly WAS a bit unprofessional (slaps mouth. haha..) but I guess they're standing up for what they feel is right..

And yeah I thought an awards show without FTTS, Shinhwa, and DBSK looked pretty weird and incomplete. Hahaha...

Let's just see how many of these bands will last for as long as Shinhwa did.. (9 years? 10?) Hahaha.. THEN we'll talk.

Every single year, this problem just seems to arise. I honestly do feel for the Shinhwa members who were treated unfairly and unjustly. The entertainment bussiness is corrupted and there are so many shady people that honestly, an award show is never going to be fair. Even in the Grammys, there are accusations of "underhanded" dealings. But that's life.

And truthfully, I think the right people won the awards that they did. I just don't think that this was Shinhwa'sMinWoo and Hyesung's year.

EDIT:

SG Wannabe was given an award. I believe it was the Best R&B singer?

EDIT AGAIN:

About how all the "popular" artists recieved awards...

Well since 20% of the decision is based on online voting, which is really a popularity contest, and since the more popular you are, the more fans you have (because someone needed to vote for you) which will probably mean more album sales which will lead to another criteria being dominated by said artist... get my drift? Its like a chain reaction.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

Even so, I'm extremely disappointed in Minwoo's actions. Even if he deserved the award more than other artists, it is unprofessional and disrespectful of him to just walk out on the awardshow, especially since he was part of the performance line up. Did he also think of all the fans who lined up for hours to get in to watch the awardshow, only to find out at last minute that he wasn't going because he knew he wasn't going to get an award?

This whole issue just makes Minwoo seem like a poor sport, and especially since MKMF is not even a prestigious award in the first place.

I remember in 2005, when Minwoo won the dance award at MKMF, JWH fans were upset, because they thought he was a better dancer/his song was better, but he still attended the awards..

I think I'm more upset, because I'm a big fan of Minwoo..

Aah... All these award shows are based on popularity.

i don't think it's even about popularity anymore, but about whether you're with the right people or company. as the original poster pointed out, charts indicated that minwoo did better on the charts and his song(s) were more popular amongst netzens than csjh's (in KOREA...not soompi). so who ended up winning?

i would have done the same in abruptly leaving...seems like quite a bit of the older generation artists took a stand this year...

goodness if soompi is going insane with the mkmf results, i wonder how netizens in korea are doing :blink:. it's not that we're not happy about the results...but rather, what exactly were the awards based on if the apparent online voting, sales charts, and to some extent overall song popularity didn't count (in some categories)? and as someone pointed out...we still haven't heard a justification....

Guest miss':bella

Even so, I'm extremely disappointed in Minwoo's actions. Even if he deserved the award more than other artists, it is unprofessional and disrespectful of him to just walk out on the awardshow, especially since he was part of the performance line up. Did he also think of all the fans who lined up for hours to get in to watch the awardshow, only to find out at last minute that he wasn't going because he knew he wasn't going to get an award?

This whole issue just makes Minwoo seem like a poor sport, and especially since MKMF is not even a prestigious award in the first place.

I remember in 2005, when Minwoo won the dance award at MKMF, JWH fans were upset, because they thought he was a better dancer/his song was better, but he still attended the awards..

I think I'm more upset, because I'm a big fan of Minwoo..

You quite missed the point there.

I along with all the fans in Korea believe he did the right thing.

I believe it was prideful and great of him for doing that.

I've read some comments by the SHCJ fans who went to the ceremony and waited on line for long hours.

They told me even though they had to wait in the rain, after hearing the story, they were completely happy that Minwoo Oppa did not come.

We all understand Minwoo Oppa from all angles.

Despite his showmanship of unprofessionalism, it was a prideful act that only the SHCJ fans can understand.

- There were 34 awards present for the festival and only 24 were given out.

- Mnet said that they don't give all the awards when the show is aired live due to the time limit...but the festival ended 30 minutes early.

- Boa and DBSK were supposed to be there so that Boa and Junsu could sing their new song from Anyband, but because it conflicted with DBSK's schedule, it was canceled. I don't think they were there to get awards, but just to perform...cus they havent done anything this year to get an award...

- Dong Wan didn't get an invitation until the very last minute, and when he did receive it, it was too late because he was too busy planning his birthday fan meeting.

- Mnet said that the reason why FTTS didn't perform was because of the unbalance of the stage without Minwoo, which is a really stupid answer.

- SGwannabe sold the MOST albums...and yet they weren't given anything besides the R&B award...wth?

I think the reason why MNET couldn't give a plausible response to how the judging system works is because they don't really have one. they probably do it by whoever is popular at the time.

Yeah, it was pretty unprofessional of them to pull out at the last minute but why would they pull out and risk their reputation/image/whatever you call it, if they didn't have solid reasons to do so. Minwoo is not the type of person to just bail out on JYP unless he had a good reason to.

Out of all the award shows, I think MKMF is probably the most biased one.

this year's winners were pretty nicely spread out, but a lot of them were still biased to who is most popular.

OVERALL, i think this year's show was a nicely put show, but totally disorganized and hectic behind the scenes. they just weren't on top of things

that's what i think...

In my opinion, I'm glad Minwoo pulled out. It's true all the artist nominated worked their @sses of trying to make a great impact in the music industry, but I just find it unfair to not give the award to someone who truly deserves it. Truth be told, it's not unprofessional to pull out of something you don't believe in

Guest cHenz--

I think Minwoo made the right decision not to attend the award. And yeah, based on the topic starter's post, something isn't right with the award.

I hope there'll be no bashing in this thread ><

Anyway, SHINHWA forever! :)

Guest saranghae<3

wait... so this award thing to TOTALLY unfair?!?!

i agree, its unfair...

if i remember, Epik high was the one who won the album of the year rite?!?!

now thats not fair.. Shinhwa totally win over from the poll!

MKMF is kind of UNFAIR!

Minwoo won from the poll, and he's not the one who recieve the award..

wow, im furious about DBSK not attending because of the delay (and they didnt recieved any of the award)

and now im getting mad for Mnet being unfair for Shinhwa...

this is totally #@!#@!@!$#^*%#@!!!!!!!!

i hope next year is better and more fair than this year...

Well, DBSK didnt release anything this year to get an award.. (which is really sad T__T cuz if they did, they would win<3)

But MKMF is really biased... most award shows are. I still can't believe some of the winner.. O__o

i don't think it's even about popularity anymore, but about whether you're with the right people or company. as the original poster pointed out, charts indicated that minwoo did better on the charts and his song(s) were more popular amongst netzens than csjh's (in KOREA...not soompi). so who ended up winning?

i would have done the same in abruptly leaving...seems like quite a bit of the older generation artists took a stand this year...

goodness if soompi is going insane with the mkmf results, i wonder how netizens in korea are doing :blink:. it's not that we're not happy about the results...but rather, what exactly were the awards based on if the apparent online voting, sales charts, and to some extent overall song popularity didn't count (in some categories)? and as someone pointed out...we still haven't heard a justification....

Yeah I'm terribly curious as to how the decisions were made then?? If online voting and sales charts and all that didn't really tally with the winners, then how on earth did they come out with a winner?? 0_o.. I mean yeah the artists have received their awards and that's that, but how'd the results come about??

Some people are like "so and so have won already so just face it!" And yes we are all facing it but as you can see curiousity gets the better of me. LOL...

Archived