Sm Audition. Msia`2007

Guest ulynn

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fallenbroke
Hi thanks for the encouragement everybody. To answer some of your question,I'm required to go to KL to let them see me sing just to confirm it was me in the clip. Once it's settled,I'm gonna be signed in as SM trainee. Probably the first Malaysian SM trainee? O_O *gulps*

Truthfully,I am nervous and scared. I'm just 16,I need to leave everything. I still havent taken my O-level. *nervous* If I dont have SPM slips in Msia I'm doomed for life. Even if I pass O-level in Korea,it's gonna be useless in Malaysia. Man,I'm really torn between these options.

My family doesnt support my choice of career. It's going to be hard for me even if I really made it to Korea. Thinking back,was everything worth it? Is it worth it if I let go of everything for the sake of my dream? To others it might seemed like an easy option but for me,it's really a hard decision. I would have to start back from the scratch.

Second thing is surviving in Korea. Language IS a barrier for me as I am a Chinese. I know that there'll be a few Chinese trainee in SM Ent but the problem is...........I'm a banana Chinese which means I dont speak fluent Chinese. I'm so gonna die being around Chinese who speaks Mandarin like bullet. T_____T

Third is my lack of confidence. I doubt the fact that I got through SM Audition with my voice as mine is just mediocre. And I know not having enough talent will never get me anywhere. All in all,it comes down to my insecurity on being in other land and of myself.

The giving-myself-a-try-at-it might affect everything concerning me. Once I'm in,there's no turning back since I have to sign contract.

I'm really sorry if I babble a lot but this is how I think. I am tornt and I hv to think of the consequences resulting from my action. In the end,I would have to own up to everything.

and to amanda,my e-mail is slightly different from yours. But dont worry,most of my friend receive different e-mails too. >_<

One of my friend who auditioned with me also got offered but she plans to give it up because she's now in her second year of finance & banking in college. Great,I'm gonna be lonely over there.

You go girl ! <3

It's not surprising that your parents aren't supportive over this career path you're choosing but erm , I suppose most parents would rather their kids have a more "secured job" . *ahem* But seriously , with some many graduates around now you'll have to get more than just a degree to beat the rest of the people out there . Lol . I understand how you feel cos my parents think the same way too . LOL , though they say they don't really have a problem with it , you can kind of sense it by the little ways they're deterring you from trying out . Haha .

AHHHH ! You're 16 too ! Yup , I'm only left with two days for O-levels ! Good luck to you ! But seriously , if you get accepted into the SM Academy , I think they'll arrange for you to have your education at the same time . They can't possibly just leave you there to rot in your studies . Haha .

Are you really sure you'll be accepted after the determining round in KL ? What was the return mail about ? Because there were some speculations about emails sent out by automachines . BUT EITHER WAY , I'm not doubting your ability seriously , I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT ! So 화이딩 ! If I've offended you in any blunt manner I've phrased myself , I do sincerely apologize for it .

AS FOR THE CONFIDENCE PART ! Don't worry ! I suppose you'll pull through . YAH ! Sending in your recording is already the first step ! It's just the progressing part now ! I strongly believe you'll get there . And if you really get accepted into the academy , I suppose SM will train you to become a very outstanding artise . Just like the rest of the people in SM now . :)

Yes yes , SO ALL THE WAY TO EVERYBODY ! I won't be able to attend the audition , unfortunately , though I'm like dying to try out but yeah ....

TRY YOUR BEST ! Even if you don't get selected it's okayy ! Take it as an experience . And at least you'll be able to tell people , I actually did try out for SM Entertainment . You know , the very famous Korean music company who has produced such good artises such as ... then you can start listing it out the famous people such as BoA , HOT , DB , etc . LOL !

GOOD LUCK ! :lol:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Here's some love from fallenbroke@soompi ! :lol:

Guest amyhailwa

GOGOGO!!!

seriously whoever can go shud go.

im not talented and i cant travel out myself, so i'll just stick to being a fan.

((:

anw, did anyone fr jyp's s'pore audition actually gt through?

just wondering...

Guest ChaeRyeong

btw, i would like to know

if you got called back right after the audition.

does tht mean you're confirm going in SM enetrtainment already??

Guest Chaekyung13
just asking..how many singaporeans here are confirmed going? if there's 10 of us..many we could share a minicab in? i can ask my mum for the driver's contact..

but thing is..i'm still quite confused as to whether i shld go coz i'm not sure of the costs yet..and i'll most probably be buying myself a rejection? :mellow:

Hey I'm from Singapore and I'm thinking of going, but again, TRANSPORT. If you do find others who want to go and decide that we share a minibus or something, pls let me know! My email is allisonthegirl@hotmail.com Thanks=)

Guest Chaekyung13
wait i have other questions lol. :lol:

1. How many rounds are there

2. If there are 3 rounds, for example, do we sing 3 different songs for each round or do we have to sing the same song? I'm guessing different songs?

3. The rhythm test (dancing).. if we don't dance, they won't penalise us for that will they? :(

4. What are you guys wearing to the audition? lol xD

Man i really hope they come to Singapore too

I think we should get singaporean in soompi who are going for the audition and arrange a bus to take all of us there. This way we can look out for each other, practice together and audition together(i suddenly feel like singing the national song i dunno why LOL). I think this way its better and more cost saving! But the audition is only for the day right? We dun have to arrange like hotel stay or whatever right? NEED TO CALL ALL SINGAPOREANS GOING FOR THE MSIA AUDITION!! Geez this is tough. Okay I'll try to ans your questions now

1. Depending on what kind of audition you go for. If its email application, then maybe they'll straight away come and audition you privately(if they really thinking about accepting you) If its the global audition then maybe there is round 1, 2 then finale or somesort.

2. You should prepare different songs, about 3-4(im singing FIVE for my email application video demo) cos they might tell you to sing another song. If they see something in you they'll probably do that.

3. Rhythm test they just want to see how your body react to music. They don expect you to dance really good, as long as they can see you being comfortable in following the beat of the song. When you enjoy the song your body will move automatically. Just like when you walk past a music shop and you hear a catchy tune and you start to move your hands and legs a little.. any thing can be a dance movement. Just dont be afraid to show it, cos they WANT to see you moving to the beat of the song, thats why they have to rhythm test!

4. They prefer students. So wear student type of clothing. Teeshirt, Jeans, thats enough. Like I said, they prefer student, and want students to LOOK like STUDENTS, so keep that in mind when you dress up. Probably neat clothing. After all they want your talent to shine more than your clothes.

Guest chemical9
wait i have other questions lol. :lol:

1. How many rounds are there

2. If there are 3 rounds, for example, do we sing 3 different songs for each round or do we have to sing the same song? I'm guessing different songs?

3. The rhythm test (dancing).. if we don't dance, they won't penalise us for that will they? :(

4. What are you guys wearing to the audition? lol xD

Man i really hope they come to Singapore too

1.) There should be about 3 rounds. I'm not too sure myself. xD

2.) Different songs, I guess.

3.) They won't. But it would be better if you dance. :] Just try.

4.) I think casual is good. But I don't live there. So I guess that wasn't directed at me. :D

btw, i would like to know

if you got called back right after the audition.

does tht mean you're confirm going in SM enetrtainment already??

Nope. You have to go through different rounds of audition. ^^~

Guest ldh-ldw lover
OMG I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THIS.

ahhh why dont they have a s'pore audition too ahah.

yeah! absolutely agree!

i mean singapore is so near malaysia so why dont they come!

Guest love<3changmin
Hi thanks for the encouragement everybody. To answer some of your question,I'm required to go to KL to let them see me sing just to confirm it was me in the clip. Once it's settled,I'm gonna be signed in as SM trainee. Probably the first Malaysian SM trainee? O_O *gulps*

if i'm you i'd hope to finish my spm first before going. but im totally going xD

but i think you need to pass two more stages before you get the contract

can you possibly upload ur audition clip for us in soundclick or smth? whats the song you sang?

Guest fennieer

omo~~~~ saying about the audition...i'm going too...BUT...i'm nervous and scared!!! and now i feel like asking some question....if i dance the original don't don would the judge say i copycat or something else??? >.<....anyone pls help me~~~

to fennieer: i don't think they will mind but it's better to show off your choreography skills?

anywayz, singaporeans!! anyone of you had an idea of how to get to the auditions yet? the journey takes 5 to 6 hrs and i've checked coach services..seems like it's inevitable to stay one night in KL. i've also asked my mum about the mini van for 10 pax and she said it's about $200 each person coz it's a must to stay overnight. anyone got better offers?

Guest stupidfactory

just asking, if i wanna send an audition clip, how many songs should i sing? also, will it take months later for them to look at it?

I have a few questions!

1. Can you just do one category? They choose people from each category, right?

2. What do they ask you to do if you're only trying out for modelling? I read the thing and it says 'free posing' or something like that, but that's kind of vague.

3. How long do you have to wait? Haha...

4. Do you go in in groups and audition? Does everyone else from the group watch >.>

Thank you~ ;_;

Guest chemical9
if i'm you i'd hope to finish my spm first before going. but im totally going xD

but i think you need to pass two more stages before you get the contract

can you possibly upload ur audition clip for us in soundclick or smth? whats the song you sang?

Yeah. Henry sent his tapes in but still had to go through the whole audition like everyone else.

And post up your soundclick! We're all curious. :D

by the way...

the location for the audition is still unknown until now??

or isit any news that where it might possibly be held?

hmm... i wonder if there'll be a lot of people neh~ haha~

Yup. Still unknown. ^^~

omo~~~~ saying about the audition...i'm going too...BUT...i'm nervous and scared!!! and now i feel like asking some question....if i dance the original don't don would the judge say i copycat or something else??? >.<....anyone pls help me~~~

Just make sure you do it well. Don't worry about the originality thing. I don't think they'll mind.

just asking, if i wanna send an audition clip, how many songs should i sing? also, will it take months later for them to look at it?

Its up to you.

But I think 2-3 would be good.

They might take a few months, it might take a few days.

Depends on how lucky you are. Lol.

I have a few questions!

2. What do they ask you to do if you're only trying out for modelling? I read the thing and it says 'free posing' or something like that, but that's kind of vague.

3. How long do you have to wait? Haha...

4. Do you go in in groups and audition? Does everyone else from the group watch >.>

Thank you~ ;_;

1.) Everyone is only allowed to do ONE category. lol.

2.) Not that sure, but from some audition clips, I saw people doing runway walks and poses.'

3.) Get there earlier so you wouldn't have to wait that long. :lol:

4.) Yup. But I think everyone would be too nervous to look any anyone. haha

Guest adorkygirl
I have a few questions!

Thank you~ ;_;

1.) Everyone is only allowed to do ONE category. lol.

2.) Not that sure, but from some audition clips, I saw people doing runway walks and poses.'

Um, I auditioned in Vancouver, and you were aloud to do more than one category, I guess... for me, they asked me to sing, for my friend she auditioned for singing and dancing.

and.. for modelling, they just ask you to give them 3 poses. hahah thats all : ) -edit, well i think it depends on the room you're in, the room i was in was cramped and small so there was no room to do a runway walk.

Guest Saebin :D

@chemical9

I thought we could do more than 1 category? It all depends whether you want to or not.

I'm not sure, somebody clear teh doubts? o___o

Guest sugarbabe_tvxq

^ i heard tht u r allow to audition for more than one cateogyr...XD

hehehehehehe...actually i wanted to audition for singing and dancing...

but since i got nothin to do, i'll just go audition for modelling too...hahahaha...

but i noe i definitely cna't get through for modelling cos i'm short...lol...

but still, just go try out...XD i hope to meet u guys there!!!^^

Archived