Sm Audition. Msia`2007

Guest ulynn

Guest chemical9

^ If you're picked, there will still be a second round.

I THINK it will be in your own country.

And then after that, you can choose to only go there during the holidays or to live there.

You can negotiate and stuff. But I think it would be better to live there. :D

They will only call you if you're picked later.

But rejedction mails will be sent if you're rejected.

Hope I answered your questions. :]

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many people are going just because they want to see their idols from SM? :P

kidding...hehehe

good luck to those who are going^^

sometimes it doesn't seem that fair that malaysia is just beside singapore but they can't head over for a concert or something....

how many people are going just because they want to see their idols from SM? :P

kidding...hehehe

good luck to those who are going^^

sometimes it doesn't seem that fair that malaysia is just beside singapore but they can't head over for a concert or something....

lol, dun b down .. mayb they'll go to sg for their next concert .. well, dbsk is still on their way of making fame so mayb they aren't too confident about ticket sales in two countries that are juz basically next to each other in a short period of time .. and their scheduele are pack too ~_~ poor yunho, i wonder if he'll recover before the concert here .. and also budget might b tight for them too .. but anyway~ .. will u b coming to malaysia for concert and audition?

Guest Jaejoong's wife

Hi thanks for the encouragement everybody. To answer some of your question,I'm required to go to KL to let them see me sing just to confirm it was me in the clip. Once it's settled,I'm gonna be signed in as SM trainee. Probably the first Malaysian SM trainee? O_O *gulps*

Truthfully,I am nervous and scared. I'm just 16,I need to leave everything. I still havent taken my O-level. *nervous* If I dont have SPM slips in Msia I'm doomed for life. Even if I pass O-level in Korea,it's gonna be useless in Malaysia. Man,I'm really torn between these options.

My family doesnt support my choice of career. It's going to be hard for me even if I really made it to Korea. Thinking back,was everything worth it? Is it worth it if I let go of everything for the sake of my dream? To others it might seemed like an easy option but for me,it's really a hard decision. I would have to start back from the scratch.

Second thing is surviving in Korea. Language IS a barrier for me as I am a Chinese. I know that there'll be a few Chinese trainee in SM Ent but the problem is...........I'm a banana Chinese which means I dont speak fluent Chinese. I'm so gonna die being around Chinese who speaks Mandarin like bullet. T_____T

Third is my lack of confidence. I doubt the fact that I got through SM Audition with my voice as mine is just mediocre. And I know not having enough talent will never get me anywhere. All in all,it comes down to my insecurity on being in other land and of myself.

The giving-myself-a-try-at-it might affect everything concerning me. Once I'm in,there's no turning back since I have to sign contract.

I'm really sorry if I babble a lot but this is how I think. I am tornt and I hv to think of the consequences resulting from my action. In the end,I would have to own up to everything.

and to amanda,my e-mail is slightly different from yours. But dont worry,most of my friend receive different e-mails too. >_<

One of my friend who auditioned with me also got offered but she plans to give it up because she's now in her second year of finance & banking in college. Great,I'm gonna be lonely over there.

Hi thanks for the encouragement everybody. To answer some of your question,I'm required to go to KL to let them see me sing just to confirm it was me in the clip. Once it's settled,I'm gonna be signed in as SM trainee. Probably the first Malaysian SM trainee? O_O *gulps*

Truthfully,I am nervous and scared. I'm just 16,I need to leave everything. I still havent taken my O-level. *nervous* If I dont have SPM slips in Msia I'm doomed for life. Even if I pass O-level in Korea,it's gonna be useless in Malaysia. Man,I'm really torn between these options.

My family doesnt support my choice of career. It's going to be hard for me even if I really made it to Korea. Thinking back,was everything worth it? Is it worth it if I let go of everything for the sake of my dream? To others it might seemed like an easy option but for me,it's really a hard decision. I would have to start back from the scratch.

Second thing is surviving in Korea. Language IS a barrier for me as I am a Chinese. I know that there'll be a few Chinese trainee in SM Ent but the problem is...........I'm a banana Chinese which means I dont speak fluent Chinese. I'm so gonna die being around Chinese who speaks Mandarin like bullet. T_____T

Third is my lack of confidence. I doubt the fact that I got through SM Audition with my voice as mine is just mediocre. And I know not having enough talent will never get me anywhere. All in all,it comes down to my insecurity on being in other land and of myself.

The giving-myself-a-try-at-it might affect everything concerning me. Once I'm in,there's no turning back since I have to sign contract.

I'm really sorry if I babble a lot but this is how I think. I am tornt and I hv to think of the consequences resulting from my action. In the end,I would have to own up to everything.

and to amanda,my e-mail is slightly different from yours. But dont worry,most of my friend receive different e-mails too. >_<

One of my friend who auditioned with me also got offered but she plans to give it up because she's now in her second year of finance & banking in college. Great,I'm gonna be lonely over there.

nah, juz go and see how things goes .. conditions are negotiable i think .. mayb u can go back and forth till u finish ur spm .. if not, then i think there'll still b alot more sources for u to re-take ur spm after u find it didn't work out while u're in korea (i.e. private sch, or if u had a reasonable reason to provide to the MOE, u might sign up for public school again)

.. and dun doubt ur talent .. else why would they pick u out of so many people right? i'm sure they see something in u that they could work out for .. well, where r u from by the way? ..

Guest amandalil

Lolz....kewl....do you audition through email or mail..just curious...

Guest DBSKER94

jaejoong wife:If you didnt go into sm with your voice how did u get in to sm??u must be an amazing singer.

You can decide not to debut.You can be those people behind the music(songwriter).There was a person I think if i remembered correctly she didnt want to debut so she ended up being a songwriter.

I know the contract is just for a few years after it expires and u decide you dont want to debut u can just quit.But it will be a big waste.Getting pick by sm is really really hard so you should appreciate this chance.

Hey there is Henry the taiwanese sm trainee from canda.(he played the violin in super junior's don dont)He cant speak chinese and korean that well too.You could be friends with him.I heard there were many chinese sm trainees.There is also Stella Kim she is american?isnt she?so she proberbly knows how to speak english...lol i dunt know what im saying

Guest ryoung-jae

hey...i just wanted 2 ask if i wanna join do i have 2 send the email application now or when they release the date n place?

Hi thanks for the encouragement everybody. To answer some of your question,I'm required to go to KL to let them see me sing just to confirm it was me in the clip. Once it's settled,I'm gonna be signed in as SM trainee. Probably the first Malaysian SM trainee? O_O *gulps*Truthfully,I am nervous and scared. I'm just 16,I need to leave everything. I still havent taken my O-level. *nervous* If I dont have SPM slips in Msia I'm doomed for life. Even if I pass O-level in Korea,it's gonna be useless in Malaysia. Man,I'm really torn between these options.My family doesnt support my choice of career. It's going to be hard for me even if I really made it to Korea. Thinking back,was everything worth it? Is it worth it if I let go of everything for the sake of my dream? To others it might seemed like an easy option but for me,it's really a hard decision. I would have to start back from the scratch. Second thing is surviving in Korea. Language IS a barrier for me as I am a Chinese. I know that there'll be a few Chinese trainee in SM Ent but the problem is...........I'm a banana Chinese which means I dont speak fluent Chinese. I'm so gonna die being around Chinese who speaks Mandarin like bullet. T_____TThird is my lack of confidence. I doubt the fact that I got through SM Audition with my voice as mine is just mediocre. And I know not having enough talent will never get me anywhere. All in all,it comes down to my insecurity on being in other land and of myself.The giving-myself-a-try-at-it might affect everything concerning me. Once I'm in,there's no turning back since I have to sign contract.I'm really sorry if I babble a lot but this is how I think. I am tornt and I hv to think of the consequences resulting from my action. In the end,I would have to own up to everything.and to amanda,my e-mail is slightly different from yours. But dont worry,most of my friend receive different e-mails too. >_< One of my friend who auditioned with me also got offered but she plans to give it up because she's now in her second year of finance & banking in college. Great,I'm gonna be lonely over there.
hey...u've probably already received alot of replies but i thought i write u one as well...i personally think u should go 4 it...if it doesnt work out then u can always come back...if u dun go u'll keep on wondering how it would be if u went...whatever u do, dun regret later on...this oppurtunity only comes one in a lifetime...i'm going 4 the audition this year on the 25th....praying i make it...maybe if i do pass we'll be able 2 go together...lol...hopefully...anyway good luck!!!

Guest Chaekyung13

OMO I'm also staying in Singapore and I really want to attend the Msia audition!! Anyone from Singapore going? Actually I can also attend the Thailand audition since I will be in Thailand from the 2nd Dec till the 15 Dec but how long will the audition take? Will it finish in a day? Cos I'm worried the audition in Thailand will not finish by the 15th and I am leaving on the 15 Dec!! Hmm.. If I go for the Msia audition, do I need to book a hotel to stay overnight? Or is it like, in the morn i just go, queue for audition, finish audition and come back on the same day or what? SO CONFUSING, SM JUST COME TO SINGAPORE AND AUDITION LAH! Haiz sorry for all the questions but its my first time auditioning and I'm a new soompier and I am really confused. I would appreciate all help! Also I've just sent an email to SM asking about this as well and if they reply me SOON(i hope) then at least I know if I should attend the Msia audition or just stick to the original plan of sending in an email audition.. Sorry guys! Thanks!

Guest Chaekyung13

Well I think you are lucky to be picked to be a trainee in SM. I know its hard for you to choose, you have to leave your family behind, live alone in Korea and stuff like that. But you have to ask yourself, is this what you want? Why did you audition for SM in the first place? If you really want to be a singer, then this is your chance. And you will have to work extra hard over there I expect, compared to other korean trainees who have their family and friends with them.. This is a chance that dosent happen to everyone. So you have to think really carefully. If you decide to go for it, then make sure you give your best, make sure you train extra hard so you can ensure your success in Korea. Just like how BoA was when she started in Japan. And as you are a foreigner in Korea, people will expect more of you, and so will SM. Make a decision, and most importantly, don't regret it. We soompiers(although I'm a new soompier) will support you!! Hwaiting!

Guest Saebin :D
OMO I'm also staying in Singapore and I really want to attend the Msia audition!! Anyone from Singapore going? Actually I can also attend the Thailand audition since I will be in Thailand from the 2nd Dec till the 15 Dec but how long will the audition take? Will it finish in a day? Cos I'm worried the audition in Thailand will not finish by the 15th and I am leaving on the 15 Dec!! Hmm.. If I go for the Msia audition, do I need to book a hotel to stay overnight? Or is it like, in the morn i just go, queue for audition, finish audition and come back on the same day or what? SO CONFUSING, SM JUST COME TO SINGAPORE AND AUDITION LAH! Haiz sorry for all the questions but its my first time auditioning and I'm a new soompier and I am really confused. I would appreciate all help! Also I've just sent an email to SM asking about this as well and if they reply me SOON(i hope) then at least I know if I should attend the Msia audition or just stick to the original plan of sending in an email audition.. Sorry guys! Thanks!

yeah :( sm should have auditions here too

although sg is small but there are many kpop fans here too

oh and i have a question.

if we get selected but we're still studying (i'm guessing most of us are still in secondary school..right?), how do we go to Korea often (or even live there) to attend activities? i'm sure there will be problems ..

to Jaejoong's wife: glad that you're already thinking of the outcomes =)

well..i think u shld juz go for the audition to meet up with the SM ppl and c how it goes..

becoz u are still young..i guess your parents would have a say in the contract too? as in..even if you really really want to go SM, if your parents won't allow..you still can't sign it right? so..discuss it through with your parents first. Being adults, they have more life experiences and would be able to analyze the situation better than u. given the fact that you haven't even got your O level cert, it's gonna be really hard on you if u abandon your studies now and go over to korea. I'm not trying to be negative here but if after a few yrs of training u decide to give up and come back..u'll probably be at job finding age. while your other friends are already working, u still have to spend the time studying for that O level cert and probably diploma or wadever coz at this generation, an O level cert won't take you far.

thus, if you choose to go korea, are you prepared to work hard to guarantee success? probably like what others said, you could negotiate with SM to let u fly back and forth for your studies but that's really tiring coz they still have to train u for dancing, singing, languages, etc. if you got accepted, probably you could ask SM if they can let u start training only after u've finished your Os?

sure, it's a chance not to missed but be real practical here when making your decisions coz it's gonna affect u greatly. as i learnt from school, do up a chart of pros and cons to analyze the situation. it may sound ridiculous but trust me, it helps u see the situation more clearly :)

all the best, girl! don't be too hard on yourself, i'm sure they saw the potential in you that's why they choosed u. or maybe you are pretty =D either way, have confidence in yourself. if you think you are fantastic, nobody can make you think otherwise. On the other hand, no matter how much people praise u, if you think u are not that good, u'll probably think they are just lying to you right?

make a decision, but make sure it's the best for u and you won't regret it.

if u need someone to talk to, you can PM any of us soompiers and we'll be more than glad to help u along.

wooaahh sooo coool =D im from aus .. still thinking if i should fly over or not .. for two days ? LOLS ugggggggggggh ~

lol.. would you bring me in ur suitcase? XD

refers to shan88 AND Jaejoong's wife>>

hi there everyone! first of all, i'm actually really excited to hear that SM's helding auditions in Malaysia... RIGHT AFTER DBSK's concert~ (lolness) gaaahhh i feel like going! but i don't have the guts or talents to go~ LOL~ *dreams*

anyhoo, i agree with shan88 regarding her reply to jaejoong's wife~ ^^

i know it's difficult to choose. and... it really is! since you're only 16, and you still haven't gone through your SPM yet (which is quite an important exam for those in Malaysia, and yes i'm Malaysian too~ so... gambateh!! haha...)... and YET you had the change to prove yourself on SM's stage...

i would really recommend you to discuss with your parents before anything, although you might already know the outcomes of what they would tell you or advise you. however, i believe that... opportunities do not always come to you. and thus, we should always get held of all the chances given in our lives. YET, think about this. you're still young.

if i were you... i can't really tell what i would do, since i know what my parents will tell me. (yeah probably like your case >__<) but, i would give it a try. so that i won't regret it in the future. and IF you really got selected to be a SM trainee, i suppose the company would fulfill your needs, i.e. ur studies. and also, that is IF you have real talent. i'm sure the company would just give you.. everything? (hahaha mind me exagerating) you can always finish ur studies first, since there's nothing more important than education in the society nowadays (well besides all those life skills you needed out there).

anyhooo, i've been babbling like.. so much >_< i'm so sorry... i wish you all the best ya!! HWAITING!!!

p.s. oh! and good luck to those who're going for the auditions neh! ^^

Guest royal_sock

Hey, I'm just curious. Did you send your recordings/video to them through e-mail, hence they are asking you to come for the auditions so that they can hear you sing live??

Guest Saebin :D
oh and i have a question.

if we get selected but we're still studying (i'm guessing most of us are still in secondary school..right?), how do we go to Korea often (or even live there) to attend activities? i'm sure there will be problems ..

wait i have other questions lol. :lol:

1. How many rounds are there

2. If there are 3 rounds, for example, do we sing 3 different songs for each round or do we have to sing the same song? I'm guessing different songs?

3. The rhythm test (dancing).. if we don't dance, they won't penalise us for that will they? :(

4. What are you guys wearing to the audition? lol xD

Man i really hope they come to Singapore too

Archived