[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

OJ's second conversation with the male doctor:

Doc: You threw up? It's probably because of getting hit this time...Do you ever have short-term memory loss?

OJ: Occasionally, so I record the important things.

Doc: And what else?

OJ: My head hurts. It hurts a lot, like I'm gonna go crazy or scream.

Please save me. I have to live, you see. I really have to live.

I wrote a lot of contracts. I have to complete all those...

And that woman, I can't not be there (double negatives are okay in Korean - i.e. 'I have to be there') when she turns around.

I promised her that I would be there no matter what. If I die, that woman will become a widow for the second time.

My sister, how can I see her laugh/smile (or maybe, it's 'cry' - these two verbs are so similar, it's hard to hear which one he said)?

And that punk, Man Doo, if I die he'll become crippled [as good as a living dead].

I'll be sad if I die, but too many others will be sad, so please save me.

Doc: Let's see to alleviating your pain. Calls nurse to bring in a shot.

RE: Our next kdrama-watching endeavor.

The 'CURRENT DRAMAS - Random Kimchi Comments, So You Watched a couple of Dramas' thread seems to be more for rating dramas.

How about discussing it at the 'What Kdramas Are You Watching Right Now?' thread?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...7370&st=700

^ I've posted my picks there. ^

Aw, crap... 3 1/2 hours left... *yawns*

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goodness….I typed so much already…and I lost it…I don’t know if I have the strength to continue writing my thoughts again…but I’ll try.

This was a very sad episode…I am still wiping away my tears and snot (ewwwww!) so excuse my blabber if it is a bit incoherent. :lol:

Random thoughts of the memorable moments of episode 12:

1.Dal Rae-Oh Joon infront of Dal Rae’s house. Oh Joon came over to see Dal Rae after he heard about his condition. I don’t think he was ready to tell Dal Rae yet but I think he just felt like he needed to see Dal Rae. He came over and put on a fake appearance….but his eyes didn’t lie. His eyes clearly showed his sadness, uncertainty and fear. He performed the Power Rangers song in front of Dal Rae and Dal Rae smiled. He smiled back at her but again his eyes were not smiling. He asked Dal Rae for a hug. After the hug Dal Rae went back to the house and we see Oh Joon fighting back tears. My heart truly ached for Oh Joon at this particular moment. Here he was still shocked after knowing about his own condition. He was shocked, afraid and sad. He had hoped that Dal Rae’s hug would’ve made him felt better but it hadn’t. He wanted someone to hug him, caress him and tell him everything will be alright. He didn’t get that at all..instead he was still feeling the same thing… scared, sad, and unsure.

2.Dal Rae bringing lunch for Oh Joon. As Oh Joon ate Dal Rae’s cooking, Dal Rae started nagging and scolding him on his lifestyle. She scolded him about eating too much ramyun and for other trivial things. Oh Joon looked at her the whole time Dal Rae was scolding him and he felt sorry towards her. He felt sorry that he hadn’t told Dal Rae the truth because if she knew the truth she wouldn’t have been worrying over the trivial things.

3.Jin Goo driving off after his argument with his father. As he drove he cried seemingly pouring all his emotions out. It seems that now I get to really understand the complex relationship between Jin Goo and his father. Jin Goo must have felt angry and ashamed all these years of his father’s profession. But now he felt one more thing…guilt. He felt guilty towards his father in addition to feeling guilty towards Oh Joon. Obviously his father knew of his feelings towards Dal Rae. Jin Goo also understood that his father beat Oh Joon up mostly to keep Oh Joon away from Dal Rae. As much as Jin Goo wanted to hate his father, he couldn’t do that because he realized that in a twisted way his father loves him very much. Jin Goo was upset at his father for what he did to OJ but he felt guilty being upset at him (after all his father did that because of him). I think this is why the crying scene in the car was so powerful for me. I see Jin Goo as a man who was just so frustrated with the way things turned out.

4.Oh Joon’s first major headache/pain. He started having blurry visions and fell down on the side of the street. He was in so much pain holding his head when he couldn’t even stand straight anymore. As we see him in pain, the song Light Signal played and the camera panned out. With the camera panning out yet still focusing on Oh Joon we see the other people on the street in a blur zooming past Oh Joon. It is almost as if it symbolizes how insignificant one person’s life is. Here we have a man in excruciating pain on the side of the street but nobody paid any attention. It’s saying “Life goes on with or without Oh Joon.” Beautiful camera work…and definitely delivered a stab to my heart.

5.This is what had me in major tears. Oh Joon came by Man Doo’s place and with a somber look he began saying some things to Man Doo. The camera then turns to Soon Dae and Dal Rae at the kindergarten for a ‘Father-Child Show’. Soon Dae clearly unhappy. Then we see Oh Joon in a power ranger suit taking a taxicab (I managed to smile here). The camera again went back to Man Doo crying lying on the floor. By this time I’m sure Oh Joon has told Man Doo of his condition. It was so painful to watch Man Doo’s cry. Hong Kyung In did such an excellent job here. We know how important Oh Joon is to Man Doo. Then the camera switches back to Soon Dae and Dal Rae—this time Soon Dae already at the brink of crying. I can just imagine that little girl’s feeling. For once in her life she thought she could have a ‘father’ during these school shows. For once in her life she could be like her other friends who all came with their fathers. After waiting so long for Oh Joon, she began to think that it wasn’t going to happen and once again she would be the only one without a father. This was followed by the short yet hilarious Oh Joon Power Ranger run along with the Power Ranger theme song. I have to say I really welcomed the short comic relief. By that time tears were flowing like a river on my cheeks so that Power Rangers scene was a welcome relief. Alas that was a super short relief as the next scene just pained me even more.

Now to sum it up…do I enjoy the episode? Yes..not sure if it is the normal ‘enjoy’ ..definitely a different type of enjoyment then let’s say me enjoying an ice cream. This episode is sad but I can’t stop watching it. I feel like I need to know what happened to each of the characters. I want to feel what they are feeling. Even though I knew that I might feel sad I still want to feel that. I guess this is the ‘magic’ of Robbers. I want to be swept away in this emotional roller coaster that is Robbers episode 12.

Bring on the next episodes….I’m ready to take the emotional plunge again…(well maybe tomorrow since it’s 1:40 AM already and I need to sleep :lol: )

hjkomo : thanks dearie for the dialogue translations. You are our in-house translator jjang!

lilyrose : aaaaahhhh totallly agree with what you wrote. This was a very good episode..sad but goooooood. I'll PM you on the next drama thingy..

ohhhhh! lilyrose - i am so pleased that this episode meant something to you.

i knew i didn't express it well - but i really meant it when i said this episode was hard to watch,

but somehow NEEDED to be watched.

this episode broke my heart - but i needed to watch it.

thank you for watching it - and you too hjkomo,, especially for the dialogue.

ohhhhh! lilyrose - i am so pleased that this episode meant something to you.

i knew i didn't express it well - but i really meant it when i said this episode was hard to watch,

but somehow NEEDED to be watched.

this episode broke my heart - but i needed to watch it.

thank you for watching it - and you too hjkomo,, especially for the dialogue.

Precisely! It's a bit hard to watch because it was so sad..but it is still a MUST watch.

Like you this episode broke my heart too.

Guest ilovehanchaeyoung

Watching this show and HGD side by side is exhausting - emotionally -

But the highlight of this episode is that JinGoo shines again - he has come into his own.

He faced his father -

He finally went to see DalRae - he told her everything -

She runs off to see his dad - only to stumble on an open door and overhear OhJoon and Jingoo's dad talking about her and money - he was trash talking - but that was for the benefit of the dad (not knowing DalRae was listening)

He gets the big money - to bail himself and his money lender friend - the one who jumped in the fight yesterday)

and is victorious.

he walks out to the car - where the two underlings are waiting - to find out if he "got the big bucks"

He says yes - they celebrate - but then remember that DalRae is standing to the side by her car.

She faints - Oh Joon is crushed realizing she overheard everything -

She stands up and slaps the snot out of him -

FREEZE FRAME - end of episode

Now about Jingoo -

while this is happening - he goes into the house to see SoonDae -

she's asleep, he sits beside her and she wakes with JOY to see him.

She's so happy that "ahjussi" has come to see her (after OhJoon has disappeared on her)

Oh the look on Jingoo's face to see SoonDae's genuine affection for him -

this is the NEW JinGoo -

he tries to make her something to eat -

JinGoo is wearing an apron - and makes a mess, a BIG mess out of scrambling ONE EGG.

SoonDae is sitting off to the side giggling her little heart out -

It was so good to see SoonDae happy again.MORE LATER -

must get ready for work.

umm, i want to ask something...

when the sub of ep 9 and 10 is gonna be out... ?? is there any reason behind this delay....??

They took time to celebrate the New Year last week - and posted a note in one of the threads that they were getting back to work on the subs .

Thanks for sharing everything, everyone!!! ^^

I've watched this drama just until 4 eps but i'm gonna watch it till eps 6 tonight. I've read all of you guys discuss about eps 12 which make me can't be patient to watch it till eps 12 too. I hope OJ doesn't die in the end of the story. I hate bad ending drama =(

and the last question, this drama is going to have how many episodes? Does anyone here know?

Guest sakura_dubai

They took time to celebrate the New Year last week - and posted a note in one of the threads that they were getting back to work on the subs.

oh thanx for this.. at least i got to know that... ^^ can't wait to see the eps with the sub..

Thanks for sharing everything, everyone!!! ^^

I've watched this drama just until 4 eps but i'm gonna watch it till eps 6 tonight. I've read all of you guys discuss about eps 12 which make me can't be patient to watch it till eps 12 too. I hope OJ doesn't die in the end of the story. I hate bad ending drama =(

and the last question, this drama is going to have how many episodes? Does anyone here know?

well, i think there are 16 eps for this drama.. that's from dramawiki.. but i don't know if it's true .. !!!

He faced his father -

She runs off to see his dad - only to stumble on an open door and overhear OhJoon and Jingoo's dad talking about her and money - he was trash talking - but that was for the benefit of the dad (not knowing DalRae was listening)

He gets the big money - to bail himself and his money lender friend - the one who jumped in the fight yesterday)

and is victorious.

he walks out to the car - where the two underlings are waiting - to find out if he "got the big bucks"

He says yes - they celebrate - but then remember that DalRae is standing to the side by her car.

*GASP* OH, NO!!! :oShe thinks his trash talking was true?!?! :ph34r: They've mostly avoided the cliche stuff so far...They've got to do something else!! If this episode was originally supposed to be a Wed. episode, then maybe it's just for the emotional arc effect, I hope.

*GASP* OH, NO!!! :oShe thinks his trash talking was true?!?! :ph34r: They've mostly avoided the cliche stuff so far...They've got to do something else!! If this episode was originally supposed to be a Wed. episode, then maybe it's just for the emotional arc effect, I hope.

i think er they are inserting too much flashback ..hm..not a very great sign actually. i dun know

Watching this show and HGD side by side is exhausting - emotionally -

But the highlight of this episode is that JinGoo shines again - he has come into his own.

He faced his father -

and is victorious.

Now about Jingoo -

while this is happening - he goes into the house to see SoonDae -

she's asleep, he sits beside her and she wakes with JOY to see him.

She's so happy that "ahjussi" has come to see her (after OhJoon has disappeared on her)

Oh the look on Jingoo's face to see SoonDae's genuine affection for him -

this is the NEW JinGoo -

he tries to make her something to eat -

JinGoo is wearing an apron - and makes a mess, a BIG mess out of scrambling ONE EGG.

SoonDae is sitting off to the side giggling her little heart out -

It was so good to see SoonDae happy again.MORE LATER -

must get ready for work.

actually DR only heard the first part ....he was going there because i think Old Mr kim er ..had got hold of Mr hulk's girl or something very serious . ? that jung ok or something and i think she is preggie ? Oh joon was referring himself as soondae 's dad ? or was mr hulk's baby going to be nicknamed soondae also ? ...i can swear i hear him call Mr hulk : soondae's abaji !

so Oh joon and gang was going there to get her back in exchange . he asked mr kim for .a huge sum of money for him to leave DR .. which was what DR overheard .but later .he used that in exchange for something else .er i think for mr hulk's gal

hmmm when did old mr kim become er .so cruel ..

Guest amazinazn90

im confused.......so is there no episode 12 as of now? creidesca3's clubbox has 13 out but didnt come out with a 12. or is 13 12? .......wtf lol

Firstly I want to say Thank-you to all the contributors in this thread. After watching Jang Hyuk as Dr Min, I was thirsty for more JH but this drama did not appeal to me initially. It was after reading the summaries and comments from everyone that got me going on this. I have watched LDH in My Girl, Hello Miss and Green Rose, but her DalRae appeals to me the most. :tears:I'm not looking forward to the ending for obvious reasons but will try to bear with it .

I heard that THIS is 12 as 12 was not aired last week as told by Canyayasis, so please ignore the description. Even the original avi file is entitled 13 and the episode does not have the usually Episode number to advise us just to add to the confusion. I AM CONFUSED!

(deleting this portion so as not to cause confusion. Hahahah maybe I was the only one confused!)

soooo

Robbers Ep12 Ental (pls ignore description that it is 13 even in avi format :( )

Robbers Ep12 Ental 1/2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYWQYPAN

Robbers Ep12 Ental 2/2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRUHEB86

Isn't there a 12 somewhere?? Puela uploaded those while I was away :) Was 12 day before? I thought it was Wed. Robber is on Wednesday right?? :blink:

I'm not sure if anyone else is facing the same problem I have with this download. The 1/2 file has been entered as type 2 in the split. The 2/2 file is HGD.E13.080213.HDTV.XViD-Ental.a..002. I believe those errors are preventing me from joining the files.

Doesn't OJ tell Soon Seom about his illness? From the preview that aired yesterday, he tells her that he could die at any moment and thanks her. Then, she softens towards him, and Ho Jin has to do a hilarious dance to cheer her up.

I think that either Man Doo or Soon Seom will end up telling Dal Rae the truth. It may be Man Doo because he cares about OJ so much and knows that OJ loves DR.

im confused.......so is there no episode 12 as of now? creidesca3's clubbox has 13 out but didnt come out with a 12. or is 13 12? .......wtf lol

Only one episode last week because of the New Year.

Wed. (yesterday) was ep. 12

Thurs. (today) was ep. 13

They are an episode behind Hong Gil Dong and New Heart (both of which showed TWO episodes last week)

Doesn't OJ tell Soon Seom about his illness? From the preview that aired yesterday, he tells her that he could die at any moment and thanks her. Then, she softens towards him, and Ho Jin has to do a hilarious dance to cheer her up.

I think that either Man Doo or Soon Seom will end up telling Dal Rae the truth. It may be Man Doo because he cares about OJ so much and knows that OJ loves DR.

he did .and ..Soon seom ..just keep saying sorry to him

esp 13

it continue from last night which was the scene when Dae rae was weeping as Oh joon was telling her about breaking off or something ?actually by the time i see it ..Oh joon was hiding at a tree watching her walking away ..obviously very dejected by what happen ?

she still doesnt know what happen and why was Oh joon that way ..

Oh joon was tearing up as he was alone in the gym packing ..mandoo came in ..sigh .i think he only has him as a friend to confide but ..i dun know .does mandoo know about his illness ? . i didnt really catch yesterday esp .so ..

it really hurts him to hurt dal rae but there is no other way

there were scenes of dal rae making soondae drink her medicine but soondae was making things difficult ..and upseting dal rae ...and throw her temper . Soon Seom came in and tried to coax the crying soondae . hm i think soon seom was wondering what happend to her .er dal rae might have told her about something about Oh joon .

so oh joon was outside the door ..watching her window ..sigh ..was he counting as he waits for her lights to go off ? .anyway while he was walking away ..

he got a phonecall. from someone unexpected ..Soon soem who asked to met with him at the cafe . i supposed Oh joon told her what was the reason why he is getting away from DAl rae or something . by the time he walked out of the cafe ..Soon Soem was running out and calling him . Holding his hands and keep saying sorry to him .as if she really didnt want that to happen to him even if she still doesnt completely approved of her with him .

okay there was this scene of mandoo packing up for something ..and oh joon just laying in the blanket and so without engery ...while mandoo was packing he keep talking about something like his whole family er ..i dun know where they were planning to go ? .but it pissed him off seeing oh joon so lack of interest and he exploded .and really cried as he talk .! it scared oh joon off .that he jumped up .

ah this jin goo .he is really such a fine man .he not blindly taking whatever his father had planned . this time he walked out and went to Dal Rae .Told her everything including of oh joon borrowing money from his father er and perhaps also of what his father had threaten oh joon * i think DR also cant believe that old mr kim is such a formiable man ?!!!!

..once DR heard what he had to say ..she was instantly in daze ..as if she realised why oh joon was doing what he is doing ? . she was at her own house ..and after hearing jin goo words .she was all raedy to walk out in her causal clothes which surely wasnt enough to keep her warm in the oustide cold AWW Jin goo was so considerate that he stopped her .and put his coat on her ..before letting her go!

and knowing ..soondae is at alone home and i think sick ? ...jin goo bring presents for her and keep her company while he let DR go search for oh joon

. soon dae was so happy to see ahjushi . before that she was infact sleeping with mr superman figurine beside her . it such a joy to watch these two together ..jin goo even cooked for his soon dae si !! ..lol it was too adorable watching him battle with the egg .

okie .so DR went to mandoo house to looked for oh joon .but he wasnt in .though Mandoo was at that monent listening to the tape record of Oh joon .which make DR mistaken that he was inside .but when she tried to looked into the room . there wasnt any oh joon . she was really in daze ..using all her engery just to find oh joon . Mandoo .shouted something as she leave ?..er is he saying that she should just accept the break up ? ...

Oh joon was on his way with that two gangster sidekick .to see mr hulk who was so badly injured ! .so poor thing .Oh joon was shouting to that two useless fools why didnt they send mr hulk to hospital ! .tehre was such a special friendship between oh joon and mr hulk .! i dun know what really happen to mr hulk but er i think it has something to do with old mr kim . ? mr hulk was telling oh joon about his gal ? i think she is pregnant ..er i have a feeling they are calling all babies soondae .lol ..because ..suddenly a soon dae's omma appeared in their conversation er .perhaps it referred to mr hulk's gal . i have a feeling she might be taken or something

so oh joon and two sidekicks went to see old mr kim . they have a mission to accomplished . on their way ..oh joon received a call from dal rae ..strange the way ..dal rae just listen as he speak ....?.i dun really understand --;; .but once the call end .dal rae seem to know where she should be heading ....which happen to be the same destination as oh joon and gang . oh ya before oh joon went up .he called mr hulk .and i was sure he called him soondae's abaji .! ..

but oh joon they reached the place first and was speaking to Mr old kim . the confrontation begin . i think Oh joon pretend to agree to whatever old mr kim had asked of him to leave dal rae and in return he will get a sum of money

dal rae happened to go up to mr kim's office . and .er ...outside the door .she overheard what was said between oh joon and mr kim . .but she didnt finish listening before she walked off again clearly .taken by surprise what she hear ? ...

but inside the room . oh joon hadnt finish yet with mr kim . he used the money he got from mr kim in exchange for another thing ? ....

er next he came down .obvoiusly he got what he wants but ...dal rae was just standing there . i thought she fainted or something ..but i didnt really notice the slap --;; too distracted by HGD ...

that about all i see.

oh ya ..and when mother in law was moody over what she know about oh joon . Mr gangster ahjushi was so sweet .he tried to cheer her up with that oldie song and dance .which finally make her break into a simle

i think er they are inserting too much flashback ..hm..not a very great sign actually. i dun know

actually DR only heard the first part ....he was going there because i think Old Mr kim er ..had got hold of Mr hulk's girl or something very serious . ? that jung ok or something and i think she is preggie ? Oh joon was referring himself as soondae 's dad ? or was mr hulk's baby going to be nicknamed soondae also ? ...i can swear i hear him call Mr hulk : soondae's abaji !

so Oh joon and gang was going there to get her back in exchange . he asked mr kim for .a huge sum of money for him to leave DR .. which was what DR overheard .but later .he used that in exchange for something else .er i think for mr hulk's gal

hmmm when did old mr kim become er .so cruel ..

I think he has always been that cruel - just QUIETLY -

That's why JinGoo is SO messed up and unable to express himself.

Firstly I want to say Thank-you to all the contributors in this thread. After watching Jang Hyuk as Dr Min, I was thirsty for more JH but this drama did not appeal to me initially. It was after reading the summaries and comments from everyone that got me going on this. I have watched LDH in My Girl, Hello Miss and Green Rose, but her DalRae appeals to me the most. :tears: I'm not looking forward to the ending for obvious reasons but will try to bear with it .

I'm not sure if anyone else is facing the same problem I have with this download. The 1/2 file has been entered as type 2 in the split. The 2/2 file is HGD.E13.080213.HDTV.XViD-Ental.a..002. I believe those errors are preventing me from joining the files.

Some were confused that the episode yesterday would normally be an ODD number (they come in pairs)

But since last week they only showed 1 episode of Robbers - the ODD/EVEN numbers are off.

If they still don't work - these should work too.

Robbers EP. 12 (Wednesday Feb. 13, 2008

Robber.E12.080213.KOR.HDTV.XviD-ENTAL.avi.001 (244.14 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1U44BKU

Robber.E12.080213.KOR.HDTV.XviD-ENTAL.avi.002 (244.14 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VR6UCJ5S

Robber.E12.080213.KOR.HDTV.XviD-ENTAL.avi.003 (205.86 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAT0UWQE

Archived