[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Viewers are dissatisfied by Robber’s tragedy..

148091sv0.jpg

The drama Robber (SBS) aired every Wednesday and Thursday nights is filming its very last scenes. In recent episodes, the drama has showed signs of a tragic ending toward Oh Joon character (played by Jang Hyuk), causing dissatisfaction among viewers.

In the episode that aired on February 13, Oh Joon received the same diagnosis that he may die after checking from different hospitals. He also had headache trouble, which may possibly lead to amnesia. Didn’t want Dal Rae (played by Lee Da Hae) to know about his disease, Oh Joon decided to break up with her.

Using details like heart-breaking sickness makes Robber just like another old tragic dramas, and consequently, it’s not favored by viewers at all.

The viewers left many massages on the drama’s official website, such as “I’m very angry at the recent episodes. How could the Director be so infantile?” ; “It’s silly to let Jang Hyuk's character die” ; “Oh Joon would be the most tragic lead-male character in Korean drama history—no money, no home, no job, no relative, and not even a healthy body, he was usually beaten up in the drama. Poor him! The writers are so bad that I don’t want to watch their movie anymore.” ...

Source: http://krfilm.net/truyen-hinh-han-quoc/dra...an-gia-bat-man/

E-trans: hongkonga1@KST_CICHLID

Too bad the Korean viewers are not fond of Robbers' direction atm..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lilyrose - I agree with you.

you may have noticed that i didn't really put much energy into ep. 13's recap -

because it took all my energy just to WATCH IT~!

No YOWZAH's yesterday!

and really - the only bareable scenes were those with Jingoo and SoonDae.

that smile that SoonDae gave him when he woke her up in bed -

thinking about it - still makes me teary eyed -

SoonDae really being the one who loses in all of this....

Guest sakura_dubai

i totally agree with them~

it's not fair to kill the main lead ... as they said.. he is the most tragic lead-male character in Korean drama history..

I still want to watch it though ^_^

but i also agree with them because the director and the write should make it a bit better and with a good ending..

i don't think they will make a miracle so he won't die in the end after going from hospital to another and he knows there is no way out...

OR

he will die but she won't cry because they have created a great memory together...

i have watched many dramas that end like that ><

I'm still downloading eps 13 right now...so I'll join you guys in discussion about eps 13 once I'm done.

Well...with Korean viewers showing dissatisfaction towards OJ's fate....that can only mean one thing.... writers will listen and hopefully create a positive spin. Let's not forget guys...they have been touting this as a heartwarming drama so I'm still confident that in the last few episodes (3 remaining) the writer and director will steer the story back to a more warm and positive place.

Guest imogene_af

Aw, surprised at the audience reactions. Writers! Writers do something!

Anyway... I still have to watch the two episodes, been a busy week!

Aw, surprised at the audience reactions. Writers! Writers do something!

Anyway... I still have to watch the two episodes, been a busy week!

get a BOX of tissue....hehehe. I need to catch up too..still downloading eps 13 now...slowly getting there.

Ehm...i watched one episode of this drama, and i'm wondering if i should continue...it looked like the stereoptypical korean drama..where bad boy falls in love with good girl, but girl finds out he was out for money --> break up --> come together

is it true? or does it have a suprising plot? is it worth to continue watching?

I'm still downloading eps 13 right now...so I'll join you guys in discussion about eps 13 once I'm done.

Well...with Korean viewers showing dissatisfaction towards OJ's fate....that can only mean one thing.... writers will listen and hopefully create a positive spin. Let's not forget guys...they have been touting this as a heartwarming drama so I'm still confident that in the last few episodes (3 remaining) the writer and director will steer the story back to a more warm and positive place.

I'm glad you reminded me of that -

because, in a million years - i would never think to call this a heartwarming drama - ever!

Ehm...i watched one episode of this drama, and i'm wondering if i should continue...it looked like the stereoptypical korean drama..where bad boy falls in love with good girl, but girl finds out he was out for money --> break up --> come together

is it true? or does it have a suprising plot? is it worth to continue watching?

It's not just a simple story. There are other things going on. The characters aren't your stereotypical korean drama characters. They are all very rich and deep.

Definitely worth watching!

It's a human drama...where the drama is character based. I love it... give it a try and I hope you'll get to love it too.

Hello, I remember someone mentioned that ep 13 and 14 will be aired the same day in Korea. Did that really happen? Thank you!! :rolleyes:

No...they only showed eps 13 last Thursday. Next week will be 14 and 15 and the week after than eps 16 (Wed).

canyayasis, oops, I posted my request in the wrong thread! Sorry, slowly losing my mind here. :wacko:

Ahem...let me repeat myself...

So, where's the MAD TV recap spoof???

...still waiting patiently...dum dee dum...twiddling thumbs...dum dee doo... :phew:

...no pressure at all... :rolleyes:

.....no, really..... :P

I'm working on a recap of Ep.13, so bring on the mad recap!! (I thought it was of Ep.12 :huh: )

BRING IT ON!! :D

I was wondering why my nose was itching this week. I blamed it on the dry air we've been having (not that I mind b/c it's been beautiful and warm here).

But I guess IT WAS YOU!! :lol:

YAH!!!

Guest ilovehanchaeyoung

Episode 13 Shinhwa .. sorry guys took me longer than expected >_<" HERE

thank you so much puela - i will never take you and annchong forgranted again!!

yesterday was such a nightmare for me uploading - sigh...

many thanks again and again to you and annchong.

what is going to happen to this series -

there are 3 episodes to repair 2 HUGELY depressing episodes -

is that even possible?

can they make us believe that Oh Joon won't die and fulfil the request for a happy ending.

how.......ep.13 was traumatic = and watching it was exhausting....

But sigh. I think a team of monkeys typed out this latest episode, and with all due respect to monkeys , it just didn't cut it for me.

LOL!! :lol:

I thought that Episode 13 was not as bad as I had expected it to be (from reading all the spoilers).

Yes, by the middle of the episode, I was quite depressed. :(

First, there was OJ waiting outside DR's window - because he was going on a trip with Man Doo for 4 days and missed her so much, he allowed himself only 30 seconds to be near her (he was even counting the seconds). Meanwhile, DR was inside looking at the earrings OJ had given her and thinking about him, and there was the flashback of their beautiful scene together in the police station. :tears:

Then, there was the OJ - Soon Seom emotional scene at the cafe. :tears:

The only rays of sunlight filtering through these dark clouds were Ho Jin's dance number and Jin Goo trying to fry an egg for Soon Dae. :)

I really need Episode 14 to complete the emotional arc. And Ep.13 was not the episode to show on Valentine's day. I bet Ep.14 would have been perfect for it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - perhaps.....but more on that later...

Ep.13 was still mostly well-written, in my opinion. Maybe, they were intelligent monkeys! :lol:

I just wish they would do something to keep this from heading down the road of the cliche melodrama because we're getting dangerously close... :o:angry:

So, a little clarification on Episode 13:

A replay of part of scene where OJ dumps DR. (Didn't anyone else think that it was a little unconvincing - not Jang Hyuk the actor, but OJ's character? I mean, he was overdoing it and yet, he was crying like his heart was breaking. If I were DR, I wouldn't have believed him.) I also thought it was a little cliched with OJ following DR down the street. ;)

And I guess that's why ... DR goes to Jin Goo to confirm that OJ did meet with JG's father. JG confirms it and insists that he knew nothing about it at first. DR congratulates JG, sarcastically, for getting what he wanted. JG apologizes profusely saying he wasn't trying to hide behind/use the power of his father (at this point, he doesn't know that OJ rejected the offer & thinks OJ broke up with DR because of the money). DR tells JG to stay hidden behind his father. She tells him not to even show a single hair of his to her. That way, she can forget all about JG. She doesn't have the strength left to hate him.

DR goes to the karaoke room with her friend but spends the entire time ($80 worth) crying instead of singing. She says she understand OJ for his choice. That doesn't mean she forgives him, but she does understand why he made that choice. She's heartbroken and says that this is the end for them. :(

OJ complains to Man Doo that this is so unfair. He wouldn't have cared if it happened when he had nothing to live for, but now that he wants to live as a human being, it's just too unfair that he can't be with DR. He misses her so much that even considers saying "the hell with it" and living with her anyways. (I'm not completely sure on this last sentence).

Soon Dae is sick, and DR tries to get her to eat some medicine, but she refuses. This was such a heartwarming scene: Soon Dae doesn't hate OJ. She says she'll rub his heart again if he says he's sorry.

robberse13080214hdtvxvixn2.jpg

Soon Seom chews DR out for bringing such a man into Soon Dae's life (she's mad that he disappointed Soon Dae re: her school). DR tells her that she and OJ are going to break up soon. She gives excuses that she realizes it just won't work between them. Soon Seom sees through this and thinks that OJ dumped her.

"Is he seeing someone else?"

- No.

"Then why are you crying?"

Then DR denies that OJ dumped her. She defends him and blames herself. She just needs time to get over him, since she cared so much for him.

Man Doo does know that OJ is sick. He's packing their things because he wants to take OJ to get treated by some old lady that cures people. She pokes their eyes with a needle, and all the bad/illness-infected blood is supposed to flow out. (Ouch, that sounds really painful and DANGEROUS! :crazy: ) Patients line up to get cured by this woman. His sister-in-law used to get sick a lot, but she went to see this women and was cured. OJ doesn't want to go, but Man Doo gets upset that he's not even going to try to live. The doctors can't even operate, so shouldn't he at least try to live by any means necessary? OJ finally agrees to go, but they have to go tomorrow, otherwise, they may have to wait months for another chance to see the old lady.

OJ goes to watch DR's window...

As OJ leaves from outside DR's house, he gets a call from Soon Seom.

They meet at her cafe. She decides to give him a chance - just don't make DR cry. OJ tells her that he's sick. He could live for a very long time until he grows old, but he could also die at any moment. He didn't tell DR about his illness and gave her a different excuse, instead, for breaking up with her. Even though it hurt him to let her go, he thinks it was the best way for her to get over him quickly. If she knew the truth, she would never leave him, and he can't let her go through losing the one she loves once again. He asks her to keep his secret. He apologizes and tells her to be healthy. Soon Seom runs after OJ and asks if he has someone to take care of him. She tells him she's sorry. (I think Soon Seom will keep his secret because she saw what DR went through after the death of her son, and she doesn't want DR to go through that again.)

Jin Goo finds out from his father that OJ rejected the offer.

The two gangstas take OJ to Mr. Hulk. He's in hiding because the Cash-N-Check thugs are after him for helping/defending OJ. He's been badly beaten up but can't go to a hospital because the thugs are looking for him. His girlfriend has been kidnapped in the hopes of luring him out. She's pregnant and has been craving soondae (blood sausage). OJ says, "What? She's a Soon Dae's mom, too?"

Loved the Ho Jin dancing scene to cheer up Soon Seom. :lol:

robberse13080214hdtvxvibn9.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvifp5.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviwo2.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvivj1.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvihq7.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvici2.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviin8.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvivn4.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvioa4.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviyg6.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviff3.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvinw7.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvicc5.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviug4.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviwd7.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvist4.jpg

Jin Goo keeps calling DR to meet, but she refuses, so he shows up at her house. He tells her that what OJ told her is different from what his father said. He doesn't know why OJ said those things. She realizes that something's wrong and goes to find him.

OJ's not at Man Doo's place. DR says she needs to find him to ask him... Man Doo tells her not to look for OJ and just to accept the break up. She finds JG's phone in his jacket that he wrapped her in, so she calls OJ with his phone. OJ answers and says that he's going to see JG's father, so that's where DR goes.

Just before OJ goes in to meet JG's father, he calls Mr. Hulk and says, "Hyungnim, it'll be over soon. Just be patient. Hey, Soon Dae's dad, be strong! I said it's almost over. Do you know that you're what I envy most in this world?"

Jin Goo's hilarious attempt to fry Soon Dae an egg. She's so cute as she giggles while watching him. :lol:

robberse13080214hdtvxviig2.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvivk4.jpg<- Looks appetizing, eh? :lol:

robberse13080214hdtvxviar6.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvivd0.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvikq2.jpg<- She's so cute!

robberse13080214hdtvxvipv2.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxviwm1.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvitw3.jpg

Larry and Curly are waiting in the car while OJ goes up to Cash-N-Check. DR arrives, and they fumble about as they debate, "Should we stop her or let her go?"

DR overhears the first part of OJ & the Godfather's conversation: OJ agrees to leave DR for $1 million. DR leaves without hearing the rest. OJ then proceeds to threaten GF. He witnessed the Cash-N-Check men beating up Jong Goo (Mr. Hulk). He tells GF that Jong Goo is dying (I don't think he really is, but OJ uses the threat as ammunition.) If Jong Goo dies, then OJ will report GF to the police. So, GF has a choice: pay OJ $1 million, go to prison, or give up Jong Goo and his girlfriend. GF agrees to give up Mr. Hulk and his girlfriend. As OJ is about to leave, GF asks him, "Hey, do you want to come work for me?" OJ laughs and answers, "Live a long, long time."

OJ comes down and tells Larry and Curly that Mr. Hulk is saved (but DR is in such a daze that she doesn't hear this). She collapses, and OJ rushes to her side. When she sees OJ, she slaps him.

End of the first half of the original emotional arc. :phew::sweatingbullets:

Whoo...I need a drink. :lol:

SIDENOTE: Jang Hyuk's hair is just too much, especially in the beginning of the episode. Get a haircut!! Please!!!

robberse13080214hdtvxvivr8.jpg

robberse13080214hdtvxvigl4.jpg<- Doesn't this almost look like a bad wig? :lol:

Although, he looks quite nice in the knit cap. :wub:

robberse13080214hdtvxvirr9.jpg

Archived