[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Okay, potentially dumb questions (and I have not read any of the spoilers, so anyone who answers, please keep spoilers out...please :) )

1. Is Ep 12 worth downloading? That is, did the preview tell us all that I needed to know about this particular episode?

2. Is it predictable overall, based on what we can expect in terms of conventions of k-drama dealing with immediate reactions to terminal disease?

3. Even if it is predictable, is the acting from the cast (especially Oh Joon) still mind-blowing as usual? If #3 is a yes, then I will download.

4. This is quite possibly my most important question (o-cha, you know what I am going to ask, right?)...Does Oh Joon take off his shirt, even if it is for a fraction of a second?

5. Do I need tissue-tissue while I watch this episode?

:lol:

ep. 12 is a solid episode. it's not an easy watch because it is so complicated to understand OhJoon's position...

It is almost like an episode that NEEDS to be watched. tissue - tissue !

And JinGoo - his actions will hit you like a superhero - YOWZAH!

I wanted to stand and scream BRAVO at the man (our JinGoo) who found his kohoonas!

He is no longer on the fence about anything -

he has picked his side - and he will do the right thing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilyrose

ep. 12 is a solid episode. it's not an easy watch because it is so complicated to understand OhJoon's position...

I wanted to stand and scream BRAVO at the man who found his kohoonas!

SOLD. Anything that garners references to "kahoonas" and superheros and elicits "YOWZAH" cannot be ignored.

I have tissue - tissue ready, and a towel in case the tears can't be soaked up fast enough.

Thank you, canyayasis. I am downloading the LQ version even as I write this.

thanks canyayasis for further explaining eps 12 to us. We were all getting worried about the quality of episode 12 for nothing..hehehe. Hahahaaa....ManDoo's secret closet filled with Red Power Rangers costumes? hehehee

lilyrose : hahahahaaa..you'll actually get to watch it before me since I'm still stuck at work...so you can tell me if JH takes his shirt off or not..although chances are..he doesn't..because if he does I'm sure we'd have seen screencaps of them already...cuz as we all know the ladies (including me!) love Jang Hyuk shirtles...:lol:

imogene_af : yesss...I second your question...what drama are we going to watch together?? I know I'll miss you and the rest of the regulars here after Robbers ended.

downloading shinhwa version after hong gil dong ... so if it is ready before I go to sleep I will post the links otherwise tomorrow morning.. sorry guys... cb being itchy again :(

FYI - I just did a 3 part split with HJSplit and sent it to upload on megaupload -

IFFFFF no one else has posted ep. 12 in megaupload - I will post it here.

It just started - and Hong Gil Dong took about 2 hours...

So i imagine ROBBERS will take about 2 hours to upload the 3 parts into MEGAUPLOAD -

If they are needed - I will post them here -

probably in about 2 hours time - which wil be around 8pm on Wed. in the Rocky Mountains

canyayasis: wow girl...you are spoiling us! We love to get spoiled though..so please do keep spoiling us..hehehe.

BTW the ratings for ep 12 are AGB Nielsen 6.1% and TNS 4.7%.

As expected ratings droppedn a tiny bit when the drama became more melodramatic.

I heard that THIS is 12 as 12 was not aired last week as told by Canyayasis, so please ignore the description. Even the original avi file is entitled 13 and the episode does not have the usually Episode number to advise us just to add to the confusion. I AM CONFUSED!

(deleting this portion so as not to cause confusion. Hahahah maybe I was the only one confused!)

soooo

Robbers Ep12 Ental (pls ignore description that it is 13 even in avi format :( )

Robbers Ep12 Ental 1/2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYWQYPAN

Robbers Ep12 Ental 2/2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRUHEB86

FYI - I just did a 3 part split with HJSplit and sent it to upload on megaupload -

IFFFFF no one else has posted ep. 12 in megaupload - I will post it here.

It just started - and Hong Gil Dong took about 2 hours...

So i imagine ROBBERS will take about 2 hours to upload the 3 parts into MEGAUPLOAD -

If they are needed - I will post them here -

probably in about 2 hours time - which wil be around 8pm on Wed. in the Rocky Mountains

Isn't there a 12 somewhere?? Puela uploaded those while I was away :) Was 12 day before? I thought it was Wed. Robber is on Wednesday right?? :blink:

Robbers Ep13 Ental

[isn't there a 12 somewhere?? Puela uploaded those while I was away :) Was 12 day before? I thought it was Wed. Robber is on Wednesday right?? :blink:

last week there was only ONE episode shown of ROBBERS - (2 of Hong gil dong though)

Because of the Chinese new year - and TV specials, etc...

So last week was ep. 11 - today was ep. 12 - tomorrow is ep. 13

We're an episode behind Hong Gil Dong, and New Heart.

Thanks for these links - my upload slowed down.

YOU were the one who taught me how to do this split and uploading stuff - i saved your email.

So THANK YOU ANNCHONG!

Here's the episode in 3 parts MEGAUPLOAD:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1U44BKU

Robbers EP. 12 Part ONE

================

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VR6UCJ5S

Robbers EP. 12 Part TWO

======================

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAT0UWQE

Robbers EP. 12 Part THREE

i know it's duplicate work - but the email just came through, in case anyone needs parts smaller than 250 MB

Guest imogene_af

Why must I be stuck with a PUBLIC computer?!

36%... this is watching grass grow (copyright O-cha).

Oh geesh, I want a miracle Valentines episode for tomorrow! Seriously.

Why must I be stuck with a PUBLIC computer?!

36%... this is watching grass grow (copyright O-cha).

Oh geesh, I want a miracle Valentines episode for tomorrow! Seriously.

hahahhaaaa...now you know exactly what I mean. 31% for me... How tall is your grass now? :lol:

annchong and canyayasis : thanks for the Ental d/l links ladies.

hahahhaaaa...now you know exactly what I mean. 31% for me... How tall is your grass now? :lol:

annchong and canyayasis : thanks for the Ental d/l links ladies.

Want to hear something even funnier -

I did the episode split and megaupload at work

- and then came home to download my own links...

and I"M at 30 percent too - for my OWN download ....

YAH!!!

I have lit my bundle of sage and am cleansing my own home computer area -

gremlins be gone!!

last week there was only ONE episode shown of ROBBERS - (2 of Hong gil dong though)

Because of the Chinese new year - and TV specials, etc...

So last week was ep. 11 - today was ep. 12 - tomorrow is ep. 13

We're an episode behind Hong Gil Dong, and New Heart.

Thanks for these links - my upload slowed down.

YOU were the one who taught me how to do this split and uploading stuff - i saved your email.

So THANK YOU ANNCHONG!

welcome canyayasis!! Sometimes you need to restart mu and Clubbox a few times to get the fantastic speeds. So we are now 12. Then the original file is wrong as I just changed the name from Korean Bulhan to Robbers and did not touch the chapters. Is that 12???

I am not watching this series except glancing thru for resync so I am :crazy: (pssst I heard there is a disease now deadly disease. Why is there always a disease?? Ahh but that is why I love Kdramas??? Ok, paht, paht phat. Chapter 1. Love triangles, dead spouse/bf, mean MIL, another really mean competitor with sinister glare, ooppps we forgot the disease!!!

Better change the title to 12!!!

I had side by side streams this morning - but hjkomo and shirley were covering hong gil dong -

SOOO, I'd start posting scene breakdowns and I'd look down and see i was the ONLY one in the thread -

I was at my office - and i did a complete SPOOF synopsis of today's episode - -

- my co-worker read it, fell on the floor laughing and said - but they'll kill you if you post THAT!!!

I thot - who'd KNOW? I'm out here on my own!!

Yes, this series has a deadly incurable medical situation -

and it's hard to know where they can take it from here.

However, my hook on these series is the music - it's what hooked me on Korean/Hangul -

when i hear it spoken - it sounds like music - I love it so much -

When I'm working on the dialogue, I write it out on blank music paper and count out the rhythm of the difficult combinations -

But the music in ROBBERS is magical - even today - as all hope seemed to be lost -

the underscore in today's episode - made the pain bareable -

the composer has captured so eloquently the breaths and sighs of the characters - that it makes you believe anything is possible - not in just a televsion show - but in life, in your heart -

and that's why i keep coming back to ROBBERS -

I wanted to stand and scream BRAVO at the man (our JinGoo) who found his kohoonas!

He is no longer on the fence about anything -

he has picked his side - and he will do the right thing.

I had side by side streams this morning - but hjkomo and shirley were covering hong gil dong -

SOOO, I'd start posting scene breakdowns and I'd look down and see i was the ONLY one in the thread -

- my co-worker read it, fell on the floor laughing and said - but they'll kill you if you post THAT!!!

ah. dun feel so alone ^^ .thanks for your spoilers . ..here the power ranger captures .lol they really make it such that it seem to be an esp taken out of the serial Power ranger .

200802132316131001_1.jpg

source : www.newsen.com

hm i am not sure if i am the odd one here ..i did think at the end of it ..jin goo might be the man who eventually be there for dal rae ..i am not really sure what will happen to oh joon ..but as i braved through so many drama tragedies , there is a sense of things happen for a reason ....if oh joon hadnt met Dal Rae .. if he hadnt picked her up that day when she fainted , he wont even end up in hospital for the check up ..and hence more likely he might die without even knowing the cause ..and him still being as a jerk he is .before .. .

during all these times ..he became a better person .out of his urge to love this woman ....though i know it is so unfair to him ..that he might not be able to spend more time with dal rae but because of her ..his time wasnt completely a waste in this world as he assumed it will be ...i suppose that is a way of having saved his life . ..

hmm..actually i am not really sure what i was trying to say lol ..never mind ..

shirley, I am still laughing out loud at those caps of Oh Joon in the Red Power Ranger costume! :lol:

Just imagine Man Doo wearing that!! :ph34r::blink::crazy::w00t:

Wait a minute...did I miss the SPOOF?

If not, WHERE IS IT?????

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HICCUP...

Finally back from class...

This week's lesson about the faults and flaws of wine - NOW, LISTEN UP LADIES -

If your wine smells like WET MOLD or DIRTY GYM SOCKS (yes, we had the pleasure of sampling these tonight) ....

THEN, DO NOT DRINK IT !!!

(even if you're desperate - and I'm talking to the members of KA - yeah, you know who you are :D ) - because it's corked.

On average, 2-10% of wine is corked. It won't kill you or anything, but is it really worth it? :crazy:

Better go watch episode 12 now, before I get too sleepy...hiccup...

Who schedules a wine class on a Wednesday night anyway -

what good is a buzz if you can't use it!

Thank goodness you're back - I'm so interested to know the dialogue between Jingoo and his father -

*though I understood when he started shmocking his dad with that sarcastic grin...telling his dad..

"good job !! well done!!"

and the SECOND conversation with the male doctor - AFTER the gangsters have beat him to death and Oh Joon wanders aimlessly through the streets - barely being missed hit by a truck - fainting in the alley...

Ohhhhhh OhJoon - if ever a man who thought life was worthless and then wanted to live - it's our Oh Joon.

did the male doctor give him some hope? or doom?

P.S. the spoof was worthy of Mad TV.

Guest lilyrose

I did not take out the Grey Goose (no cork there at all) as I had wanted to. Instead, I watched the episode after making dinner for the family and doing everything else in between. I then fell asleep on the couch. I just woke up, and am groggy, and I am getting into the proper bed in a few minutes, but I really want to respond to the episode while it is fresh in my heart and

puffy eyes

So after that preamble:

This episode made me cry. Now I am not an easy crier, although maybe I am and I just didn't know it. The acting from Oh Joon did it for me. His going back to the doctors (there are several scenes, each time putting a knife through my heart) was expected -- denials and then pleas and then hopelessness -- but they were brutal because of the close ups of JH's face and that man can express the world in the eyes. Then there were the scenes outside of the school (when he drops and throws up) and then an absolutely BRILLIANTLY shot scene of his passing out in an alley, while life continues around him in a wash of movement and color, all while he lies still. Then there is the astonished and then increasingly hurt look on DR's face as OJ's dumps her (before valentine's day, no less...ha-haa, j/k). That scene is, again a conventional one, but it wasn't to me because they both -- they BOTH -- managed to look shell shocked and overwhelmed with loss.

This is a solid episode. Everything is as one expects, post illness diagnosis, and yet, nothing is as one expects.

By the way, the Power Rangers scene made me cry as well, and so I was weeping -- not really crying, I guess -- even before the collapse and throwing up scene. I strongly recommend tissue or a big roll of Charmin's ultra soft toilet paper.

I can go on and on, but a comfy warm bed beckons.

Also, if someone will upload or re-upload the song that plays

during OJ's collapse in the alley

, I will love you forever. Or at least until this show ends.

Thank you cutie pie, annchong, canyayasis, puela, and mandalaywith for uploading files. And another round of thanks to canyayasis and shirley for the summaries and caps. Really, your contributions are beyond measure.

P.S. Anyone want to chat about the next k-drama we can watch together? I know that we cannot chat about this here so just let me know where we can. I am in the mood for a Coffee Prince or MNIKSS or a Full House -- I hope Full House 2 is not a dismal failure -- or Goong. But then, I am always in the mood for those, but those are so rare to come by.

Quick recap of Jin Goo and Godfather scene:

(Not word for word, just paraphrasing)

GF: I scolded him.

JG: Why? Why? Why did you do that?

GF: Isn't that what you wanted?

JG: I never did that.

GF: That's right, blame it all on me and look at me that way...

JG: I never asked you to do that.

GF: Yeah, you never asked for that favor, and the blood's on my hands.

GF is very sarcastic in his comments, as if JG is pretending to keep his hands clean. JG is offended and outraged at GF's assumptions.

JG: Why do you do whatever you want? I don't even know my own thoughts, but 'others'/strangers decide my heart for me.

GF: That's right, I'm a stranger.

JG: When I figure it out, others have already decided.....like a dog that doesn't know good or bad...

By the time I figured out [?what I wanted??], Geum soon...we already divorced...

Well done, well done!!!!

How much more are you going to do?

GF: You didn't say what you liked or disliked...

You should've told me what you wanted...

You didn't tell me your will...

JG: Don't do it - not anything!!

Don't make your own defined opinion of my will(???)!!!!

In a nutshell...

Archived