[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Guest sakura_dubai

OJ only has his sister to depend on, so he loves her very much. But she married an abusive alcoholic husband, who always beat her up when he came home. OJ couldn't bear to see his sister suffer anymore. So he earned, borrowed and conned money (you know his source of money) to buy a house for his sister, so that she could move out and leave her abusive husband. Nevertheless, her sister took the money and paid off all her husband's debts and didn't heed OJ's advice to move out. OJ was angry and he ran away from home. The main reason tho why he doesn't want to see his sister is that he fears that she will find out about his messy life, and yea partly because he's a lil unhappy that his sister took his money to pay off her "useless" husband's debts.

Yes, true.. he said that in one of the episodes, i don't remember which one but it's before ep 8 since i didn't continue since then.. AIGOOOOOO~ that's all because of my univeristy... :crazy:

I really feel bad for him, because he worked so hard to earn money so his sister would be happy, but she went back to her husband... of course he will get angry, but isn't it too much ? not talking to your sister and refuse to meet her..? BUT we understand that he loves her so much because when the thing she made for him, i guess it was 'pork legs'.. he really cried and couldn't hide his feelings from Jin Dal Rae

LDH's role Dal Rae is also very lovable and likeable..she's totally one of my fav female character of all time.

That's one of the main reason that made me watch this drama~ i luv her acting and i watched all her pervious dramas. . but in this one, she puts more emotions and the way she cries, OMG !! totally different from her pervious acting.. in this drama, when she cried on her husband, i couldn't resist and i cried with her.. she is an amazing actress ..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

I like LDH so I intend to watch this drama when the subs are complete. But just to get me prepared, is this a tearjerker drama? And just an observation...I've looked about 4 pages back and I did not see LDH in the screencaps (unless I have serious eye problem). Are there no LDH fans active in this thread?

Major LDH fan here, same with ripgal. The drama isn't a tearjerker ... it's a bittersweet drama with great tinges of comedy. It really focuses on the warmth aspect, we tend to use that word a lot in here. WARMTH. Because it's a very warm K-drama.

As an LDH fan, I want to implore her fans to do watch this because I keep saying it OVER and OVER... this is her best performance to date.

Guest Jill4675

Thank you guys for the BD wishes! :D

Lucky to have the same birthday as Jang Hyuk's baby boy..hehehe... *toasts back to canyayasis*

A gift in turn for you guys....Robbers BTS

LOL, thanks for the gift...awww, so cute! He can wash my dishes any time!!! :lol: I guess you'll always remember the little one's b'day! ;)

B)

Guest hyunibunny

Can someone tell me what happened between Oh Joon and his sister in the past that causes him to not want to see her? Thanks!

His sister married an alcoholic, abusive gambler - her knees are shot because of damage caused by her husband. OJ borrowed money from Cash n Check (loansharks) to get her a place to live (so she could leave the husband). She canceled the contract for the spartment and used the money to pay off her husband's gambling debts. OJ started conning women in order to pay back the money he owes.

Today's episode will break your heart -

but it is really jinGoo's episode to shine -

He has a mole in with his father - finds out what his father is going to do to Oh Joon -

and drives like a mad man to stop it - but is too late -

so he rushes OhJoon to the hospital - after his dad's thugs have beat him senseless -

and then rushes to his father for an awesome confrontation....

Oh Joon's medical news is bad.

I'll post more from the office -

But let me repeat - JinGoo is going to be the one to salvage anything for oh joon and dalrae -

he is a new man - bold and powerful with his words and actions.

er .today my mind was occupied with my conference call .so i just let the streaming run on mute mode ..

in summary

oh joon didnt really run off and hide from dal rae the moment he knew he had the illness instread he went to her door and knocked .and still as normal trying to make her simle ..but i think in his heart .it is tearing up .

hmm...i know old mr kim send his men down to beat up oh joon .very badly.ended up in hospital ...which jin goo even rushed to see oh joon laying in hospital . .

and later there was this event in soon dae school .i think fathers are supposed to appear and perform with their kid ..okay this scene i see is .oh joon in some .animantion figure disguise .*for the life of me ..i just cant get the name of that animation figure but i KNOW it just cant recall its name . * ..and you see him running in the street in his RED superhero suit and hamlet ....to soon dae 's school .but just as when he reached it ...he collapsed on in the side alley ... .sigh they showed you .how lifeless he laid there . ..and the scene disappeared .

and soondae /dal rae didnt know what happen to him but they waited ..dal rae was disappointed and thought he didnt turned up

later ..you see oh joon in mandoo's house ....at least he survived that collapse ...but i think it helped him reach a decision .. next day .he was packing up in the gym and dal rae come looking ....he wasnt the same oh joon she knew ..he was throwing temper and hurling words at her ...

so that was the end

Oh Joon was dresses as the RED POWER RANGER.

ohhhhhhhhh SO SAD! he didn't make it - dizzy and fell unconscious in an alley -

then runs to Mandu's to hide and recover - that's when he decides he has to leave DalRae because he's flashing back to the scene of her saying "he was there one minute and the next minute he was gone - how can a man disappear in a minute?"

Oh Joon was dresses as the RED POWER RANGER.

ohhhhhhhhh SO SAD! he didn't make it - dizzy and fell unconscious in an alley -

then runs to Mandu's to hide and recover - that's when he decides he has to leave DalRae because he's flashing back to the scene of her saying "he was there one minute and the next minute he was gone - how can a man disappear in a minute?"

OH YA POWER RANGER ! .dang how come i just cant rem that name ! .i even rem they comes in alot of colors ! .

thank you shirley and canyayasis for the spoiler..

It broke my heart to read about

OJ not being able to make it to SD's school event.. sighs..

Guest sakura_dubai

OMG !! i haven't finished ep 11 till now... whenever i want to watch it , i feel asleep... i really can't stand the uni anymore... i should quit so i can watch this drama + HGD... they are giving me a hard time .... please put the latest update so i can read and get more excited... i hope my laptop is going to work today

PLUS ... when do the eps usually air??!! same time with HGD ??

Thanks, shirley and canyayasis!

Sexy Red Power Ranger? or goofy-looking, androgenous Red Power Ranger?

So sad that he couldn't make it to Soon Dae's school! :(

I'm so glad that Jin Goo is going to help Oh Joon. I would have hated it if he were to turn evil in the cliched kdrama way.

:excl: Hurray for Jin Goo!!! :excl: :D

sakura_dubai, yes, Robbers airs at the same time as HGD. That's why I don't watch it live.

I'm not as talented as these two ladies above ^^ ;)

Btw, what time are the two episodes of Robbers airing tomorrow? Is one going to be before or after the usual time?

Guest imogene_af

Goodness Gracious I have a deadline and it's Robbers time... worrrkkk or Robbers? Robbers or work?

Thanks for the summary everyone.

And What the...Power Ranger? Not Bioman? No representing of Asian Heroes?!

When there are 2 episodes per week - there are 2 arcs that the writers and producers aim for -

a story line arc between Wednesday and Thursday

and the emotional are between Wednesday and Thursday -

That's why with today's ep. being ep. 12 - it is the completion of the emotional arc from 11 to 12.

[b]Ep. 12 opens back at the female Doctor's office -

(5 stages of grief - all in one episode - by the way -)

DENIAL - he thinks she's lying

ANGER -He points at the MRI's of his head and starts going back and forth screaming at her...

BARGAINING - he thinks she's just getting back at him - so Oh Joon pulls out a wad of cash and throws it at her.

then he pulls out his "TO DO LIST" that he made up with DalRae - and he shows it to the female doctor - saying he's made a list - he needs to do these things with DalRae and SoonDae

DEPRESSION - he disappears to ManDu's and DalRae can't find him by phone and he's not at the gym

ACCEPTANCE - he reappears, Dal Rae shows up and they hug, and he looks like a new man teaching a BIG CLASS of people with a spring in his step.Of course when things appear to be "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" -

it's usually because - they are.....too good to be true.

Later - Oh Joon is alone at the gym.

In come the moneylenders carrying big sticks - followed by the "BIG GUY" -

jingoo's short little father -

He has come to force Oh Joon to give up DalRae -

jingoo's dad is accompanied by the one moneylender that is "sort of" Oh Joon's friend -

he's the one that "harrassed the meter maid - so that the other one could be the hero and rescue her"

His purpose is to beg Oh Joon to accept the deal....

Oh Joon refuses to give up DalRae.

So the old man leaves - and the men with sticks begin to beat oh joon to the death -

Oh Joon finally falters, grabs his head and drops - they continue to beat him.

His money lender friend - watching from the sidelines - can't take it anymore - and joins in the fray -

beating the men back - and away from Oh Joon....who, by the way - Oh Joon looks dead.

In the midst of all of this - one of the Big Guy's men has called and alerted JinGoo of what his father is about to do.

Jingoo makes a mad dash to his car - he bounds up the stairs, taking 2 or 3 at a time -

only to arrive too late -

Jingoo rushes to Oh Joon - making sure he's still alive - Jingoo carries Oh Joon back down the stairs -

just as fast as he went up them - rushing upon rushing to the hospital to save Oh Joon.

Jingoo takes vigil in a chair next to OhJoon - he sits and watches over him...

once Oh Joon stabilizes - and wakes up and begs Jingoo NOT TO TELL DALRAE.

Jingoo then goes immediately to his father -

what an argument -

Jingoo screams at his father -

and screams -

and screams -

the big boss is unmoved -

Jingoo goes back to the hospital and OhJoon is gone (shades of Geun Soo oppa in INSOON IS PRETTY !!!)

Unhooked IV's, a little bloody and messy on the bed -

and POOF - OhJoon is gone.

Archived