Cho Seung Woo 조승우 | [Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼

the girl who!

I feel good today, so I will upload "Who R U?", it was previously on youtube, then deleted, I am not sure who is the owner, so credits go to the unknown who previously uploaded to youtube, or even better to the producer, director, actors and the team involved with creating this movie.

There are 12 parts, here is the link for first part only, from there you can look and find the other ones.

• 11 months later...

Cho Seung Woo Confirmed To Star In New Drama By “Thirty-Nine” Writer

https://www.soompi.com/article/1531352wpp/cho-seung-woo-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama-by-thirty-nine-writer

Cho Seung Woo is making his return to the small screen!

On June 16, JTBC officially announced that the actor would be starring in the upcoming drama “Sacred Divorce” (literal translation).

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Sacred Divorce” will tell the story of a talented divorce lawyer punnily named Shin Sung Han (the word “shinsunghan” means “sacred” in Korean). The drama adaptation will be penned by Yoo Young Ah, the writer of the popular JTBC drama “Thirty-Nine.”

Cho Seung Woo will play the titular role of Shin Sung Han, a classical pianist who was once a music professor at a university in Germany. However, when he caught wind of some shocking news, he decided to become a lawyer so that he could personally confirm the details himself.

The producers of “Sacred Divorce” remarked, “We feel confident that we are in safe hands working together with actor Cho Seung Woo, who is so perfect for the character of Shin Sung Han that we couldn’t ask for more.”

They continued, “We hope that through our realistic stories of divorce and the main character Shin Sung Han’s quest for truth, viewers will be able to empathize with and relate to our drama. To make that happen, we will work hard on our preparations.”

“Sacred Divorce” is currently scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2023.

Are you excited to see Cho Seung Woo in this new drama?
spacer.png

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=477&aid=0000365482

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065569943721525
S.Korean actor Cho Seung-woo of 'The Phantom of the Opera' "Nervous and excited to be part of the production, I will do my best"

YonhapNews / 2022-12-28 08:39:53
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Joonha Yoo)

377CBC62-E1AC-40B2-A03B-EAF03627DF8A.jpg
▲This photo, provided by lstesco, shows poster of 'The Phantom of The Opera.' (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

9546BBC9-0443-4BB0-A7C7-19F8F64C929D.jpg
▲This photo, provided by lstesco, shows poster of 'The Phantom of The Opera.' (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL December 28 (Yonhap) -- “The Phantom of the Opera came to me as a gift when I was in need of something new to kick off my career as an actor,” addressed actor Cho Seung-woo on Tuesday.

During the interview conducted with the production company SNCO Korea for the musical “The Phantom of the Opera”
, actor Cho Seung-woo stated 
“When being on stage I felt the hankering of something new and wanted to re organize everything, I will cherish this opportunity and work very hard.”

South Korean version of the musical “The Phantom of the opera” which will kick off on March of 2023, in 13 years since it was last performed in South Korea, actor Cho Seung-woo will act out the protagonist the Opera Ghost, “Erik.”

“I have been on stage as a musical actor for over 20 years and when will I be able to act as the opera ghost wearing the mask again.  Participating in the production gave me time to re think of my motivation and goal as an actor, therefore I feel nervous, and excited at the same time.  I have never thought I would receive a role as the Opera Ghost, I would like to revisit the memory of a big impact the novel and the actor Michael Crawford’s OST of ‘The Phantom of the Opera’ has provided me when I was young.”

Alongside Cho Seung-woo, South Korean actor Choi Jae-rim known for his role in “Aida,” “Kinky Boots,” and more, Kim Joo-taek a baritone singer, and veteran musical actor Jeon Dong-seok have been casted for the production of “The Phantom of the Opera.”

For the role of “Christine Daae” a muse of the protagonist “Erik” actress Son Ji-soo, Song Eun-hye were casted and for the role of “Vicomte Raoul” actor Song Won-geun, and Hwang Gun-ha have been casted.

“The Phantom of the Opera” is considered to be one of the most highly awaited production which will take the stage in 2023. The fact that the musical has returned to South Korean stage in 13 years has drawn the interest of audiences.

“The Phantom of the Opera” is a steady seller written by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Musical “The Phantom of the Opera” is known for its great OST, such as “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Think of Me,” “All I ask of You” and many more.

In South Korea the musical was performed in Korean only twice, once in 2001 and later in 2009, and other shows were provided by foreign casts.

“The Phantom of the Opera” will kick off on March 30 until June 18 at Busan Dream Theater, and on July 14 it will kick off in Charlotte Theater in Seoul. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065573018275746
2023 to feature 'The Phantom of Opera,' 'Les Miserables,' and more famous musicals

YonhapNews / 2022-12-28 09:30:11
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Joonha Yoo)

SEOUL December 28 (Yonhap) -- Musical industry which generated grand profit due to continuous hits will continue on with its success throughout 2023.

Starting with “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Le Miserables,” to “Beethoven Secret,” “Sister Act,” “La Rose De Versalles” and more will greet the audience.

One of the musicals most awaited by the audience that will premiere in 2023 will be “The Phantom of the Opera.” This will be the musical’s first performance in Korean in 13 years, therefore even the production stage of the musical attracted a lot of attention.

“The Phantom of the Opera,” is one of the most widely known writings by Andrew Lloyd Webber. 

Moreover, the musical is known for its great OST’s such as “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Think of Me,” “All I ask of You” and more.

In South Korea, the musical was only performed twice in the language of Korea, and until 2023, original team from foreign nation came to perform in South Korea. Upcoming production will showcase actor Cho Seung-woo, Choi Jae-rim and more star musical actors.

Spoiler

Musical “Les Miserables” which was made into the movie in the past will also take stage in October of 2023, in 8 years since it last took stage in South Korea. “Les Miserables” is based off from the novel Les Miserables written by French writer Victor Hugo, showcasing the grand and flamboyant music and France from 19 century, which was steadily loved by number of people for 40 consecutive years. 

“Les Miserables” was originally a French musical, lyricist Alan Boublil and Jean Marc Natel collaborated and showcased “Les Miserables” in 1980 for the first time, was later on revised and took stage in London by Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in 1985. The musical later on kicked off and became very famous; therefore currently known musical being performed is a revised version of RSC. 

The licensed version of “Les Miserables” was performed in 2012, and 2015, and was awarded with 4 awards throughout the Korean Musical Award solidifying its reputation. The musical will take place in Busan, Seoul, Daegu and more starting in October of 2023, and the cast members will be reviled later on.

European musical “Rebecca” which successfully attracted total of 950 thousand audiences within six seasons, will take the stage in August to celebrate its 10th anniversary, and “Mama Mia!” and “CHICAGO” will also be performed in South Korea throughout 2023.

Continuing on, various original musical will be showcased as well. 

“Beethoven Sercret” which will kick off in January is a collaboratively written by Michael Kunze, composer Sylvester Levay and South Korean musical production company EMK musical Company. 

Musical “The Last Night Show,” which premiered in March of 2022, will return back to stage in August revisiting its loving fans, where as Seensee company’s original musical “Sisters Act” will kick off in September of 2023.

“Sisters Act” is a jukebox musical which revisits South Korean girl groups who have actively released music within the era between 1920s to 1970 and director Park Kolleen will be in charge of overall production. 

Moreover musical “La Rose De Versalles” which originates from the famous Japanese comic will also premiere in December of 2023 in South Korea. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230109000613
Korean production of 'The Phantom of the Opera' to return after 13 years

By Park Ga-young (gypark@heraldcorp.com) | Jan 9, 2023

3B43306F-26FB-406F-8EED-2209D7338C05.jpg
(From left, top) Four actors, Cho Seung-woo, Choi Jae-rim, Julian Kim and Jeon Dong-suk, will play the Phantom. (From bottom, left) Sohn Ji-soo and Song Eun-hye take the role of Christine and Song Won-geun and Hwang Gun-ha will perform as Raoul. Actor Cho Seung-woo will play the Phantom. (S&CO)

The Korean production of the musical “The Phantom of the Opera” is returning for the first time in 13 years.

The third Korean-language revival after the 2001 and 2019 runs, the latest production is set to premiere in Busan and will feature headlining actor Cho Seung-woo, musical actor Jeon Dong-suk and baritone Julian Kim as the Phantom. Sohn Ji-soo and Song Eun-hye will take the role of Christine.

The Busan performances will kick off at Dream Theatre, a venue dedicated to musicals, on March 30 after a preview from March 25 to 29.

After wrapping up in Korea's second-largest city on June 18, "The Phantom of the Opera” will take the stage in Seoul from July 14 to Nov. 17, with musical actor Choi Jae-rim also joining the cast as the Phantom.

The main cast members are performing in "The Phantom of the Opera” for the first time.

“I'm really happy that it came at a time I was ready to take on the role, which is a dream role for a musical actor,” Choi said.

B2208C47-7FB3-46F5-8499-C9358612BACE.jpg
Actor Cho Seung-woo will play the role of Phantom. (S&CO)

Cho, who is performing in a new musical for the first time in eight years, said he was honored to join the production.

"I've been on stage for more than 20 years but it is hard to tell when I might be able to perform Phantom again (in the future). This is truly a precious opportunity and I will do my best," said Cho.

It was not possible to stage the musical, one of the longest-running shows on Broadway and at West End, sooner in Korea because of the scale and production costs, an official at the production company S&CO said.

“For this production, we will replicate the originality of the musical,” the official said.

The first production in 2001 in Korea generated 19.2 billion won ($15.4 million) in ticket sales with an audience of about 240,000 for 244 performances. At the time, Korea’s musical industry was worth about 3 billion won, and it was a huge commercial success that highlighted the potential of the musical market.

In 2005, the original team visiting Korea attracted 195,000 people and the 2009 local production was watched by some 300,000 people.

By the time the international tour with the original team had ended its run in 2013, the number of audience members in Korea that had attended either a local or international production hit 1 billion, a barometer of success for a musical in Korea.

Marking 35 years on Broadway, “The Phantom of the Opera,” the longest-running musical in Broadway's history, will be staged for the last time on April 16 at the Majestic Theatre. The flagship London production will continue.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's hit musical, based on the 1910 French novel by Gaston Leroux, opened in the West End in 1986 before making its Broadway debut in 1988.

The musical won numerous awards including the Olivier Award for Musical of the Year in 1986 and the Tony Award for Best Musical in 1988. It has since inspired the 2004 Joel Schumacher film adaptation starring Emmy Rossum, Gerard Butler, Patrick Wilson and Minnie Driver.

This year, the 75th anniversary of Webber’s birth, the first Mandarin-language version of the show will open in Shanghai in May.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2023/01/12/entertainment/television/jtbc-sacred-divorce-cho-seungwoo/20230112151544301.html
First episode of JTBC's new series 'Sacred Divorce' to air March 4

BY HALEY YANG [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr] | January 12, 2023

D37CA244-5BBC-48E0-99C5-85E574D7B4EA.jpg
Scenes from the upcoming JTBC series "Sacred Divorce" starring Cho Seung-woo [JTBC]

The first episode of JTBC's new series “Sacred Divorce” starring actor Cho Seung-woo, will air on March 4, according to the cable channel on Thursday.   

The series tells the story of a classical musician-turned-lawyer who specializes in divorce. The character played by Cho takes on an unusual divorce case. 

The series will also star actors Han Hye-jin, Kim Sung-kyun and Jung Moon-sung. Han will play a radio DJ in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, who crosses paths with Cho’s character.

Episodes of “Sacred Divorce” are set to air every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30 p.m. The show will also be available on streaming platform Tving.

• 3 weeks later...
by lo_ve, January 26, 2023
1 0

JTBC's upcoming new K-drama "Sacred Divorce" held its first script reading session together with the main leads.

On January 26, Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Moon Sung, and other supporting casts attended the first script reading of "Sacred Divorce." Through the script reading, it was revealed that the upcoming K-drama will premiere on March 4. 

"Sacred Divorce" will tell the story of a divorce lawyer and the various families that he will work with. The upcoming series will be the collaboration work of director Lee Jae Hoon ("Run On" and "Good Manager") and writer Yoo Young Ah ("Kim Ji Young: Born 1982" and "My Annoying Brother"). 

Aside from Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, and Jung Moon Sung, the K-drama will be led by Kang Mal Geum, Cha Hwa Yun, Jeon Bae Soo, Han Jae Seok, Noh Susanna, and Kim Tae Hyang

"Sacred Divorce" will premiere on March 4 at 10:30 PM KST. It will be part of the JTBC's Saturday and Sunday drama timeslot.

The upcoming K-drama will have a total of 16 episodes and it will premiere both on JTBC and the OTT platform, TVING. 

1wmlZ7_2f.jpg

Cho Seung Woo will play the role of Shin Sung Han. He is a single man in his 40s who choose to become a divorce lawyer. Han Hye Jin will play the role of Lee Seo Jin. She is a weather forecaster turned to radio. 

Kim Sung Kyun and Jung Moon Sung will play the role of Jang Hyung Geun and Jo Jung Shik who are the best friends of Shin Sung Han.

The upcoming K-drama will showcase comforting and empathetic stories revealing the small happiness that emerges in people's lives.  

https://mydramalist.com/article/upcoming-jtbc-k-drama-sacred-divorce-to-begin-airing-during-the-first-half-of-the-year

• Like 1

Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Moon Sung, And More Gather At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming JTBC Drama By “Thirty-Nine” Writer

Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Moon Sung, And More Gather At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming JTBC Drama By “Thirty-Nine” Writer

Jan 27, 2023
by S. Cho

Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Moon Sung, and more have put their synergy on display at the first script reading for JTBC’s new drama!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Divorce Attorney Shin” (formerly known as its literal title “Sacred Divorce”) will tell the story of a talented divorce lawyer punnily named Shin Sung Han (the word “shinsunghan” means “sacred” in Korean). As an expert divorce lawyer, the incredibly sensitive Shin Sung Han must deal with clients who are wild beyond belief, but he finds solace in his two closest friends.

The drama adaptation will be penned by Yoo Young Ah, the writer of the popular JTBC drama “Thirty-Nine,” who led the first script reading with cast members Cho Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Moon Sung, Kang Mal Geum, and more.

In his role as Shin Sung Han, Cho Seung Woo was able to realistically portray the average life of a single man in his forties who harbors a lot of hidden pain. After working as an artist and living a carefree life, Shin Sung Han switches career paths to become a divorce attorney. Although he initially appears to be quite immature, Shin Sung Han lives his life to the fullest, which Cho Seung Woo was able to capture. Additionally, the actor earned cheers from everyone on set by belting it out to emphasize Shin Sung Han’s love of trot music.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Han Hye Jin’s character Lee Seo Jin, an incredibly lonely woman who looks as if she’s sinking into the abyss. The former weather forecaster now lives a grim life as a radio DJ, but is tenacious enough to not give up.

Cho-Seung-Woo.jpeg

Shin Sung Han’s best friends and fellow “40-year-old youths” are portrayed by Kim Sung Kyun and Jung Moon Sung, and no long explanation is needed to describe the instantaneous and mesmerizing chemistry between this trio.

Kim Sung Kyun plays Jang Hyung Geun, the manager of Shin Sung Han’s office. With his constant nagging that is full of love and affection for Shin Sung Han, Kim Sung Kyun was able to highlight Jang Hyung Geun’s warm and friendly image. Jung Moon Sung takes on the role of the charming Jo Jung Sik, the CEO of his own real estate company.

The three actors brought laughs to the set with their high tension and acting chemistry. Representative of their characters’ long-running friendship, this trio showcased natural conversation, reactions, and banter. Stay tuned for the drama to see more of the chemistry between these three friends!

Jung-Moon-Sung-Cho-Seung-Woo-Kim-Sung-Ky

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1564564wpp/cho-seung-woo-han-hye-jin-kim-sung-kyun-jung-moon-sung-and-more-gather-at-1st-script-reading-for-upcoming-jtbc-drama-by-thirty-nine-writer

• Like 1

Cho Seung Woo Is An Unusual Divorce Lawyer With A Painful Past In “Divorce Attorney Shin”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 1, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Divorce Attorney Shin” has shared a new sneak peek of Cho Seung Woo in his starring role!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Divorce Attorney Shin” will tell the story of a talented divorce lawyer punnily named Shin Sung Han (the word “shinsunghan” means “sacred” in Korean).

Cho Seung Woo will star as Shin Sung Han, a classical pianist who was born to an affluent family and grew up enjoying every advantage in life. Due to his talent and intelligence, Shin Sung Han becomes a professor at a university in Germany in his thirties—but just when it seems he has everything going for him, he catches wind of some shocking news that changes his life forever.

Having lost his enjoyment of life, Shin Sung Han suddenly switches career paths and begins studying to become a lawyer. Casting aside his former life as an artist who enjoyed music and fine wine, the pianist becomes a divorce attorney whose tastes and lifestyle couldn’t be more different from those of his youth.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama highlight the clash between Shin Sung Han’s past lifestyle and his present one, with the lawyer drinking soju out of a wine glass as he enjoys some string cheese at home. Another photo offers a hint of the eccentric attorney’s personality, with Shin Sung Han looking amusingly uncomfortable when a grateful client embraces him out of joy.

Cho-Seung-Woo-2-scaled.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564952wpp/cho-seung-woo-is-an-unusual-divorce-lawyer-with-a-painful-past-in-divorce-attorney-shin

Watch: Cho Seung Woo Switches From A Pianist To A Confident And Carefree Divorce Lawyer In Teaser For “Divorce Attorney Shin”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 2, 2023
by S. Cho

“Divorce Attorney Shin” has dropped its first teaser!

Based on a popular webtoon, JTBC’s “Divorce Attorney Shin” will tell the story of a talented divorce lawyer punnily named Shin Sung Han (the drama’s literal title is “Shin Sung Han, Divorce,” with the word “shinsunghan” meaning “sacred” in Korean).

The drama’s first teaser focuses on the intriguing story of Shin Sung Han, who has changed his career path from art to law. While he appears stylish and put together, Shin Sung Han is actually super clumsy and carefree. His silly antics come out as he confidently describes himself saying, “Sexy…guy…who represents the judicial world? Sexy man?”

As the teaser dives a bit deeper into Shin Sung Han, someone gossips, “His blood is artist blood,” referring to his former career as a pianist. When someone teases that he must be popular with the ladies and asks if he’s single, Shin Sung Han nonchalantly replies, “I’ll take care of it myself.”

The next phase of the clip focuses on Shin Sung Han’s current work as a devoted divorce lawyer. People question his career decision, asking, “You had good grades, so why this industry?” Within this question are a lot of other ones, such as why Shin Sung Han quit piano and how he ended up becoming a divorce lawyer.

Despite everyone’s doubts, Shin Sung Han proves to be the right man for the job as he works calmly with all kinds of chaotic families. He wittingly asks someone, “Don’t you know the phrase ‘Happiness begins at home’?” He later adds with confidence, “This is no longer divorce mediation, we are going to trial. Don’t be afraid, we are going to win.”

Watch the teaser below!

“Divorce Attorney Shin” premieres on March 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565202wpp/watch-cho-seung-woo-switches-from-a-pianist-to-a-confident-and-carefree-divorce-lawyer-in-teaser-for-divorce-attorney-shin

Jo Seung-woo offers his services as Divorce Attorney Shin

by tccolb

0006600546_001_20230130164801517.jpg

JTBC has been picking up the pace on promos for Divorce Attorney Shin (previously Sacred Divorce), releasing a new poster and video teaser of our story’s hero Jo Seung-woo (Sisyphus) – along with his adorkable two friends: Kim Sung-kyun (Grid) and Jung Moon-sung (The Good Detective 2).

Since middle school and now into their forties, the three have supported each other through all the good and bad. This includes when Shin Sung-han (Jo Seung-woo) gave up classical piano and turned to law instead. And now Jang Hyung-geun (Kim Sung-kyun) handles administration for Shin’s firm, while Renaissance man Jo Jung-shik (Jung Moon-sung) has been dabbling in different trades.

The new teaser begins with our hero hesitantly introducing himself as, “Attorney Shin Sung-han, a representative of the legal profession and a sexy… guy? Sexy man?” He certainly makes an impression with his fancy suit-up and piano performances, while Hyung-geun explains that Sung-han has the blood of an artist. But the sequence also treats us to Sung-han’s more humble moments, and the appearing text screen questions, “Artist Shin Sung-han?” The answer soon follows, confirming that he’s, “Divorce Attorney, Shin Sung-han!”

We then jump to a man asking, “There must be many women who like you, right? [Are you] still single?” Sung-han replies, annoyed, that he’ll handle his own affairs. The second nosy question, though, is why Sung-han would even bother switching to this career and we watch a sequence of domestic violence before moving to the final text screen: “Do you need a divorce?”

Sung-han’s next divorce case is for radio DJ Han Hye-jin (Let’s Hold Hands and Watch the Sunset). He confidently reassures her saying, “Don’t you know the saying that all will be well, when all is well at home? We’re taking this divorce to trial now, not arbitration. Don’t worry, we’re going to win.” The teaser then closes as our hero approaches the court house and says, “Let’s go.”

Directed by PD Lee Jae-hoon (Run-On, Chief Kim) with scripts by Yoo Young-ah (Thirty-Nine, Boyfriend), JTBC’s Divorce Attorney Shin is slated to premiere next month on March 4.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/jo-seung-woo-offers-his-services-as-divorce-attorney-shin/

• 4 weeks later...

Cho Seung-woo, who opened a lawyer with 'Sacred Divorce' equipped with humanity

Spoiler

optimize

The impact of Hwang Si-mok's character, shown by Cho Seung-woo in the drama 'Secret Forest', was great. He took on the role of an emotionless brain prosecutor and captivated many viewers. Woo Jang-hoon in the movie 'Inside Men' also left a strong impression with his reckless appearance. Cho Seung-woo, who captivated viewers with his role as a prosecutor twice, returned as a lawyer this time. Especially this time, he was equipped with humanity to the fullest.

Shin Seong-woo, played by Jo Seung-woo, is a person who suddenly prepared for the bar exam after living as a music professor in Germany and learning about 'that job'. Shin Sung, who became a lawyer, stands out in divorce cases and makes his name known as a divorce lawyer.

Except for the fact that Shin Sung entered the legal profession, there are not many overlaps with Hwang Si-mok and Woo Jang-hun. In particular, unlike the other two characters, Shin Sung knows how to express his emotions and has a warm humanity. Cho Seung-woo, who participated in the production presentation held online on the 2nd, said, "I asked the writer for the setting to pour out emotions into music. Because of this, when I was in charge of a lawsuit or a case, I suggested how to approach it as if you were playing music and interpreting sheet music.”

"Shin Sung-han has deep scars. However, inside of him, he has humanity from head to toe and is a warm person who knows how to respect people. It played a big role in choosing the work," he explained.

optimize

Divine characters full of humanity also penetrate the message of the entire work. Cho Seung-woo said, "A while ago, I asked the writer, 'What kind of work is our work? He explained that he is a stinky character who focuses on whether he has to be hurt and unravels the process.’ This part touched me a lot.”

Director Lee Jae-hoon also said, "I saw characters like 'Tazza' and 'Secret Forest', but I didn't refer to them. I thought that Seung-Woo Cho suited Shin Sung because he was an actor who could share Shin Sung's cold-heartedness and warmth. I felt that I was more suited to the character.”

optimize

In addition, 'Sacred, Divorce' contains the story of friendship between three friends, unlike existing courtroom works.  Shin Sung still maintains friendships with his middle school friends Jang Hyeong-geun (Kim Seong-kyun) and Jo Jung-sik (Jung Moon-seong). The deep friendship, ordinary daily life, and stories of the three close friends will meet with the acting of Cho Seung-woo, Kim Seong-gyun, and Jung Moon-seong to evoke the atmosphere of the play. Regarding his collaboration with Kim Seong-gyun and Jung Moon-seong, Jo Seung-woo said, "We worked well together in every scene. The director honestly seemed to enjoy it too. When the three of us were filming a short scene, he didn't know when to cut and just watched it. To be honest, it was 30 seconds long. I once thought that I could improvise even for 30 minutes if I didn't cut even if I was given the lines of '','' he said, raising expectations.

'Sacred Divorce' is based on a webtoon of the same name. Director Lee Jae-hoon said, “As a person who enjoyed the original work, it is meaningful to direct the work.” “There were a lot of vivid comments in the comments of ‘Sacred Divorce’. I thought it was because of it. We tried to express it in our own drawing style," he emphasized. Cho Seung-woo also emphasized, "I want to apologize to fans of the original work for the change of the sacred character," but also emphasized, "One thing I am confident in is that I will not lose my strength until the end of the work. Please look forward to it until the end."

• Like 1

Divorce Attorney Shin: Episodes 1-2

by lovepark

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/DivorceAttorneyShin0102-022.jpg

Once a pianist, now a divorce attorney, our titular hero navigates the courtroom instead of concert halls and helps people by using the law rather than music. While his peculiar background still remains a mystery, our hero clearly has a goal in mind and is charging forward with no plans to stop.

EPISODES 1-2

The show wastes no time in introducing its viewers to its eponymous hero SHIN SUNG-HAN (Jo Seung-woo). Though trained as a pianist, Sung-han left his music career behind to practice law in Korea, and while details are sparse for now, it is clear that something weighs heavily on his heart. Despite his strange background, Sung-han excels at what he does as demonstrated by the divorce case he wins within the first five minutes of the show’s opening.

After a quick peek into our lead’s life, the focus shifts to another character, radio host LEE SEO-JIN (Han Hye-jin). Whispers and stares plague her everywhere she goes, and we soon learn that she was caught having an affair. To make matters worse, the scumbag posted an illegal sex tape of her online, and now, her husband wants a divorce.

Thus, our two characters meet when Seo-jin seeks out Sung-han for help, but given the nature of her case, he declines. She asks him to reconsider and tells him that she only wants full custody of her son Hyun-woo. Hearing her reason changes something in Sung-han, and once he determines her resolve, he agrees to be her attorney.

As Sung-han digs deeper into Seo-jin’s situation, it becomes evident that her marriage was failing way before the affair. She recounts how her husband keeps track of her undergarments, leaves degrading notes all over the house for her to find, and forces her to send him photos of her location every thirty minutes. While Seo-jin is no saint, her husband is a grade-A RickRoll'D.

Despite the evidence against her husband, Seo-jin has also been a negligent parent, and the other attorney makes sure to paint her in the worst possible light. She explains how Hyun-woo hurt himself at school when Seo-jin forgot to show up for parent participation day, and emphasizes the fact that this was the same day her sex tape was filmed. The other attorney repeatedly hounds her for being part of an explicit video, but thankfully, Sung-han calls her out for secondary victimization and puts a stop to it for now.

With the first mediation ending on a standstill, Sung-han decides to meet with Hyun-woo and get his side of the story. He asks the little boy what has been bothering him the most lately, and Hyun-woo tells him that he wishes he could forget. He gets up to leave before explaining his answer, but his tense body language is enough for Sung-han to put the clues together.

That night, Hyun-woo has a seizure, and when his parents rush in to check on him, he grabs his dad’s phone and hurls it at the wall. After taking him to the hospital, Seo-jin calls Sung-han in tears and wonders if she is doing the right thing. She suggests dropping the case, but Sung-han makes it clear that he has every intention of winning.

Divorce Attorney Shin Episodes 1-2

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/divorce-attorney-shin-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

• gm4queen changed the title to Cho Seung Woo 조승우 | [Current Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼 - Saturday and Sunday @10:30 PM
  • 2 weeks later...

You can only pick one: Jo Seung-woo drama

by DB Staff

You can only pick one, and boy the pressure is on. The DB team will answer a new prompt in each post, and you’re invited to do the same in the comments. Ready to play?

You can only pick one Jo Seung-woo drama

missvictrix: Uh, can I say Sisyphus even though I didn’t like it and couldn’t finish it? Because even though I neither liked nor finished, I adored the premise entirely, and I adored Jo Seung-woo as the brainiac faced with some seriously crazy situations. I was desperately holding on to any logic that would or could be found in this drama, but sadly, a drama needs more than a great and imaginative premise, and with each episode the thing fell apart. With crazy plotting and a terrible romantic pairing shoved into the storyline (Park Shin-hye and Jo Seung-woo are great on their own, but not paired), this drama became unbearable. But Jo Seung-woo was awesome.

mistyisles: Unfortunately, the only thing I’ve seen Jo Seung-woo in is God’s Gift—14 Days, which I can’t bring myself to recommend to anyone unless you completely skip the ending. Or unless you like endings that are pointless and infuriating. That said, his character and acting in that show were phenomenal (and that’s the main reason the ending was so infuriating), and I’ll never forget that one captivating scene of him singing “Magic Castle.” So there’s that.

DaebakGrits: I haven’t watched many of Jo Seung-woo’s dramas. In fact, I’ve yet to complete one. I dropped Sisyphus, and Divorce Attorney Shin is still airing. Since I’m enjoying the heck out of Divorce Attorney Shin, it’s my obvious pick. There’s so much to love about this new legal drama, but I think the most appealing part for me is the bromance and camaraderie between Shin Sung-han and his besties. They’ve got each other’s back when it’s needed, but even their serious moments are peppered with silliness that feels natural and entirely relatable for me because I’m someone who often softens somber moments with humor. Hopefully, this drama will end as strong as it started. Either way, Jo Seung-woo’s acting has made me want to look into some of his older dramas and films.

solstices: This is a really hard question, because Jo Seung-woo has a number of memorable works under his belt that are strong in both script and performance alike. Still, I suppose it isn’t much of a competition when Forest of Secrets is amongst the contenders. I’ve always been a nerd for social commentary, and both seasons of the show delivered such incisive insight into the inner workings of South Korea’s judicial system. Needless to say, Jo Seung-woo elevated the intricate script with his nuanced portrayal of Hwang Shi-mok. In someone else’s hands, Shi-mok could have easily fallen flat as a bland and rigid protagonist. Instead, Jo Seung-woo imbued him with such palpable emotion, repressed as they were beneath his reserved demeanor. Displaying incredible restraint, Jo Seung-woo led us through every step of Shi-mok’s emotional development, eventually culminating in such triumphant moments of catharsis when our pensive prosecutor finally learnt how to crack a smile. Forest of Secrets is a deeply thought-provoking slow burn of a series, and I’ll always be eagerly waiting for the next installment.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/you-can-only-pick-one-jo-seung-woo-drama/

• 2 months later...
  • partyon changed the title to Cho Seung Woo 조승우 | [Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼