Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [completed drama : Bok Soo's back / My Strange Hero]

13 minutes ago, Berou said:

All the clothes worn by celeb at events or red carpets are sponsored. Celebs wear them to promote the brand. I believe YSH is someone who can say no if he doesn't like a brand or doesn't like some clothes.   I noticed he has a long time relationship with addidas brand too, it goes back to 2012 when he made a CF, attended an  addidas event. The relationship still exists today, last year  in March he took some pictorials to promote a new collection of shoes and for the Nylon interview Magazine he wore some Addidas clothes and shoes too. 

yeah I know of his relationship with addidas (at least I know that hhhhh :sweatingbullets:) and noticed he still wore from that brand in Nylon interview Magazine :wink: (but as a bad person in knowing what's from what brand unless it's obviously seen or clearly told I can't really tell :sweatingbullets:) and Yoo Seung Ho seems to be someone who does what he wants including what he wears so he must like Gucci's clothes if he still wore from the brand and attended its event which is a good relationship I think!! :)

• Like 5

sorry ive read somwehere he is running his own agency? is SAN ent only have him as talent? 

Sorry just need to clarify.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done voting for the day! :tongue: I asked my 2 officemates to make a Soompi account to vote for YSH. I hope that 72 votes would matter. Still need more votes though. Fighting! :wub:

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, gummybaek said:

sorry ive read somwehere he is running his own agency? is SAN ent only have him as talent? 

Sorry just need to clarify.

ِYes, SaN ent is his own agency and his long time manager is the boss of his agency.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, blissfullyblessed said:

Done voting for the day! :tongue: I asked my 2 officemates to make a Soompi account to vote for YSH. I hope that 72 votes would matter. Still need more votes though. Fighting! :wub:

Great job chingu!! :wink::thumbsup::D

• Like 3

@blissfullyblessed Good morning to you ! it's bed time for me ^_^. Ah I'm going to miss seeing YSH every week :mellow:. I've decided to watch one episode of IANAR each week -> 16 weeks -> 4 months. I hope he'll be back to us in four months. You said you're going to post your super long essays about KMK, I'm still waiting for them :D

Besides, I've started another drama that is is airing , Mother. It's LBY's come back drama. It's a pretty dark drama about child abuse, child mistreatment, kinapping and  child abuse south korean law not being protective enough. The cinematography is amazing also

OMO these two were cuties back then, now they have become gorgeous !!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2018 at 12:28 PM, sakura2016 said:

@justlove you're already here chingu :wink: yeah!! the more we learn about him the more we love him!! I'm sure his parents are proud of him like we are!! :heart:

hhhhhhhhhhhh great news that you got your mother and friends to watch another drama of his!! great job chingu :wink::thumbsup: but poor them thinking they won't be crying since it's a rom-com!! :lol: good luck with that!! :lol:

yeah do update us chingu!! :wink: and your timeline will start with Imaginary Cat?!! :wink: someone is trying to keep the angst for as late as possible!! :tongue::lol: though you'll be crying there too!! :lol: (spoiler?!! :tongue::lol:) didn't watch the drama yet myself but saw MVs and I was scolding myself for crying with him over a cat!! :lol: well I did cry over my cats and dogs so...:tongue: hhhhhh but really his tears makes me cry immidiatly!! :tears:

oh, that's another reason to hope for him to make an action project!! :D I'm praying hard he won't take too long to be back to us with a great new project and to be action one!! :wub::wub::wub:

I actually didn't tell my mom or friends that I cried multiple times throughout IANAR, so they're really thinking that IANAR will just be a super light drama. :sweatingbullets: Maybe I should let them know so they have a head's up.

I actually decided to watch Imaginary Cat first because there were fewer and shorter episodes compared to his other series. But oh no, I'll cry in Imaginary Cat too?! Will I cry in every YSH project? Oh wait, I actually didn't cry when I watched Joseon Magician. I was too distracted by his pretty face when I watched. 

@blissfullyblessed Remember is where my admiration for YSH started. And yes, you'll probably cry buckets of tears like a lot of us did, but it's worth it. He was just so good there. Please give it a chance! :) 

And that photo you posted, YSH had the best facial expressions in IANAR :lol: I seriously squealed at the moment when I watched the episode.

@Berou Aw they're both so cute when they were young! But now he's grown up and is just so handsome! :wub: 
I need to delete my alarm for every Wednesday/Thursday, but I have this feeling that I'll wake up early on my own because I got so used to it. :mellow: I've already watched IANAR's first few episodes because of my mom, but I'll eventually rewatch the entire series on my own. :) Don't know where to put the rewatch on my timeline yet :lol: Hoping that yes he does get back to us by the time you finish your IANAR rewatch! :)

You should also let me know how Mother is when it finishes. I'm interested in watching it, but because it just started and is ongoing, I'm gonna wait and catch up on other shows first. 

Need to remind myself I have to keep voting too! I'll go do that now, and will put a reminder on my phone to vote every day before I head to sleep. :D

• Like 4

Sweetdreams @Berou!:wub: Just wait for it. My draft is actually on my I am not A Robot folder together with IANAR downloaded pics. Hahaha! Aww YSH and KYJ such cuties! I hope that they can collab on a drama/movie in the future. 

Btw, is there a problem with the voting in Soompi Awards. You can only vote 24 times right? But why is it that I can still vote nonstop? Need to make sure that all of my votes for YSH will be counted.

@justlove I am giving in. I will watch Remember this coming weekend. I hope that your mom will enjoy watching IANAR. My sister is already on episode 24 and I was laughing out loud when she told me that she already told her co-police officers to watch IANAR ( I can't imagine policemen crying while watching IANAR though. LOL!!) 

EDIT :

I don't know why this is the caption of IMBC for this video, clickbait perhaps? A movie wouldn't be a bad idea though. I know that it is next to impossible but I can't stop my heart from hoping. :blink:

• Like 5

Yikes our ninja is back ! He met  the director of kim sun dal and his co-star ( I forgot his name :mellow:). Yes please YSH,  go meet  your previous co-stars :D ! We need updates !  

@justlove alright , I'll tell you how Mother goes on. I pretty much like it so far.  I have a hunch he will take a long break this time because he worked non stop in 2017: He filmed two dramas. The shooting of one lasted 7 months and he came back before the end of the year. He deserves a long break of a few months. 

@blissfullyblessed It's def a clickbait. How cool of MBC to post a video of IANAR's filming set :). I've been always curious about KMK's  house

edit: new pics :).  It looks like Kim Sun Dal team got a get together

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Berou Yay! YSH is not so ninja after all. I thought he was already working in his friend's farm. Hahahaha! :D Well he really deserves a long break after working so hard, but updates like these are very much welcome. 

I saw this compilation of YSH's previous projects. This is so cool!:wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@blissfullyblessed I saw that IG post a few days ago.  His chinese fanclub, Yoo Seung Ho baidu bar, made a similar video and compiled all his gigs and CFs last year for his birthday. 

He does visits his celeb friends when he goes in hiatus. He did it a few times in 2016.  it's usually the sign of a long break. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, justlove said:

I actually didn't tell my mom or friends that I cried multiple times throughout IANAR, so they're really thinking that IANAR will just be a super light drama. :sweatingbullets: Maybe I should let them know so they have a head's up.

I actually decided to watch Imaginary Cat first because there were fewer and shorter episodes compared to his other series. But oh no, I'll cry in Imaginary Cat too?! Will I cry in every YSH project? Oh wait, I actually didn't cry when I watched Joseon Magician. I was too distracted by his pretty face when I watched. 

why not let them be surprised?!! :lol::tongue:

hhhhhhhh you managed to not cry over "Joseon Magician"?!! then maybe you still have hope not to cry over Yoo Seung Ho's every project!! :lol::tongue:

15 hours ago, blissfullyblessed said:

Btw, is there a problem with the voting in Soompi Awards. You can only vote 24 times right? But why is it that I can still vote nonstop? Need to make sure that all of my votes for YSH will be counted.

9 hours ago, Berou said:

It's def a clickbait. How cool of MBC to post a video of IANAR's filming set :). I've been always curious about KMK's  house

I lost counting actually :sweatingbullets: but when 24 votes are done a message box appear to tell me 24 votes are done and chose another category and that's when I stop :lol:

9 hours ago, Berou said:

Yikes our ninja is back ! He met  the director of kim sun dal and his co-star ( I forgot his name :mellow:). Yes please YSH,  go meet  your previous co-stars :D ! We need updates !  

waaaaaaa thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: yes yes please Yoo Seung Ho go meet your previous co-stars for as much/long as possible to have more updates of you!! :heart:

• Like 4

@blissfullyblessed You can vote 24 hours a day per a 24 hour span is how I think it works. I tried voting again a couple minutes ago but it gave me a pop up saying that I’ve exceeded the amount of times I can vote, so I’ll have to wait in a couple of hours to vote again. :)

Oh good, just have a box of tissue near you when you start!

And my mom is enjoying IANAR so far and maybe a little bit too much at that. My dad texted me today asking why did I show her this series because she’s been watching past 1:00am for the past two nights and has been watching it in their bedroom. He complained he can’t sleep and works early, and ended up having to sleep on the couch because he couldn’t take it anymore. Not sure what episode she's on, but seems like at the pace she’s going she’ll finish it in the next few days. So hope my dad can handle it till then, or just sleep somewhere else in the house for the next few days, or just watch with her Lol.

Lol I can’t imagine that either, but watch that’ll probably happen if they start watching!

Wowww their set is huge! I really like the design of KMK’s house! :D

@Berou Yes! We got an update so soon! I too thought he was already on his friend’s farm or just relaxing at his house. Small updates like this are welcome (and of course any interviews or pictorials eventually), but I hope he is getting rest :) He’s worked really hard. So as much as I’d like him to update us and come back with an announcement of a project in 4 months or middle of the year, if he decides to take a longer break then that’s fine too. He deserves it. All I’m hoping for is he will decide on a new project before this year ends. 

And thanks you two for sharing the videos! :) This cute little boy grew up to be such a handsome man with incredible acting talent too! :wub:

YSH and I share a birthday ^_^ I know 3 other people who share the same birthday as I do, but my fav person to share it with now is YSH Lol. 

@sakura2016 I think it's too late to tell my mom, I think she's at the point of the series where it's all angst, but I'll find out from her later :wink: I'll tell my friends though because I don't think they started watching yet, and they told me they didn't want to watch something that's too heavy or would make them cry a lot like in Remember. So I'll just let them know they'll probably cry in IANAR, but they'll be crying less. 

Yeah I didn't cry in Joseon Magician. I wasn't really into the plot and got way too distracted by YSH's pretty face throughout the movie. And we'll see! I'm officially starting Imaginary Cat tomorrow and kicking off my timeline finally :) Hoping I don't cry at all, or if I do hoping I don't cry too much :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, justlove said:

And my mom is enjoying IANAR so far and maybe a little bit too much at that. My dad texted me today asking why did I show her this series because she’s been watching past 1:00am for the past two nights and has been watching it in their bedroom. He complained he can’t sleep and works early, and ended up having to sleep on the couch because he couldn’t take it anymore. Not sure what episode she's on, but seems like at the pace she’s going she’ll finish it in the next few days. So hope my dad can handle it till then, or just sleep somewhere else in the house for the next few days, or just watch with her Lol.

Lol I can’t imagine that either, but watch that’ll probably happen if they start watching!

hhhhhhhh poor your father!! :lol: why not koin the fun if he can't sleep anyway?!! :lol::tongue: but as much as I'm sorry for him I'm happy your mother is that much into the drama and enjoying it!! :D at this rate she'll end it in couple more days!! :lol:

@sakura2016 I think it's too late to tell my mom, I think she's at the point of the series where it's all angst, but I'll find out from her later :wink: I'll tell my friends though because I don't think they started watching yet, and they told me they didn't want to watch something that's too heavy or would make them cry a lot like in Remember. So I'll just let them know they'll probably cry in IANAR, but they'll be crying less. 

Yeah I didn't cry in Joseon Magician. I wasn't really into the plot and got way too distracted by YSH's pretty face throughout the movie. And we'll see! I'm officially starting Imaginary Cat tomorrow and kicking off my timeline finally :) Hoping I don't cry at all, or if I do hoping I don't cry too much :sweatingbullets:

yeah I believe it too late to tell your mother now!! :lol: just tell your friends that they'll only be crying for 4-6-8 episodes only!! :lol::tongue: but surely not like in Remember!! :blink:

hhhhhhhhh yeah he was the highlight of the movie for sure :love: but I cried for him 'cause his pain and tears activate my shedding tears option!! :bawling::tongue:

no you want cry much don't worry!! :wink: tears will come by the end I believe but 1st you'll enjoy all the cutness with his cat!! :wub: lucky his real cats!! :wub:

YSH and I share a birthday ^_^ I know 3 other people who share the same birthday as I do, but my fav person to share it with now is YSH Lol. 

awwww that's a lovely connection with him right?!! :wink::D

:wub::wub::wub:

cr: @donggu_choi

cr: @seungho_soobin

he's so sweet!! :wub: he grow really well from a child actor to be this great talented actor with a great humble, warm and caring personality!! :heart:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

main-bg2.jpg?resize=660%2C400

Review

K-Drama Review: “I’m Not A Robot” Glides Dazzling Romance That Is One-of-a-Kind

By abbyinhallyuland | January 28, 2018

I’m Not A Robot skids to a bizarre love tale that gets better with each story chapter!

I’m not a Robot communicates how the heart believes what the situation tries to conceal. It affirms how reciprocated love is felt even if it is not vocally declared.

I'm not a Robot

Title: I’m not a Robot
Distributor: MBC
Theme: Romantic Comedy
Length: 32 Episodes (Back-to-Back)
Airing Date: 06 Dec 2017 – 25 Jan 2018
Cast: Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, Uhm Ki Joon
Overall Rating: 4.gif?resize=80%2C16
Re-watch Value: 4.gif?resize=80%2C16
Plus Factors: Endearing Love Story, Witty Humor, Bubbly Main Cast
Oh No Moment: Bland Side Conflict

Arguably a collective favorite of rom-com followers from 2017 tail-end K-dramas, I’m Not A Robot is a happy and easy watch with graspable direction and endearing romance on the side.

Pacing to an interesting love milieu, the story of a man who stumbled on the peculiar cure for his extreme human allergy, confronts the reality of how his newfound liberty to interact with people, comes with the price of admitting that he is in love with a robot. To complicate his situation, he learns that his reservations are pointless since the supposed android he can’t love, is actually a woman, who is commissioned to pretend that she is not a human.

Spoiler

I'm Not A Robot

Highlights

Tailor Made For Romance Cravers

I’m not a Robot adorably captures familiar romantic elements, which audience can surely relate to. The smooth and quirky first half of the story focuses on the lead man’s newfound world of emotions he obtained from the android introduced to his life.

Yoo Seung Ho, as a love struck chaebol, is the best visualization of BTS’ “Boy in Love” hit single.

Spoiler

When the plot shifts to incorporate the betrayal related complication, the love couple renders a heartfelt confrontation scene. From then, they acknowledge their love for each other without lies and inhibitions.

Running on heart flutters and bliss theme, the PD did a great job of capturing momentous sweet scenes for the main couple. He chose picturesque locations to fit the mood of setting. On that note, I would also like to say how the kiss scenes are pocketed so well in the story.

I'm not a robot

Yoo Seung Ho

From his bag with emotional drama scene expertise, Yoo Seung Ho has had me at his command on those why-did-you-lie-to-me frames as well as those omg-am-I-in-love-with-a robot soliloquies.

Considered to be an effective drama actor, his switch to a light role raises another “oppa cult following”. His role as a man, who secludes himself to human interaction, delights the viewers when he reaches his bewildering love predicament.

Jugglers

Spoiler

Bright Character Sketching

The cast as a whole, even the unnecessary small roles, helps the refreshing simplicity of the narrative. Team Santa Maria and cafe-owner-relationship-guru assist in the humor inserted in the narrative. Chae Soo Bin, who plays dual roles, contributes to the quirks and sentiments of the chronicle. The apparent downplaying of the villains’ wickedness meter influences the focus on the romantic journey of the story.

Drawback

Awkward Supporting Conflict

The intention to resolve the hero’s battle on his position to the company is hinted to come true even on the early goings of I’m Not A Robot. But, it feels like an awkward puzzle piece, because of how the love narrative is creatively imagined. Thankfully, it does not drag that long or it would have marred the beautiful times captured in the narrative.

I'm not a robot

Plot Summary

Kim Min Kyu (Yoo Seung Ho) suffers from extreme human allergy. He lives his life with as little human interaction as possible. A robot, Aji 3, developed from his company’s funding is introduced to him, and he grows easily attached to it. He also realizes that whenever Aji 3 is beside him, his allergy does not happen. What he isn’t aware is the robot that he is interacting with is really a human. The actual robot needs to be fixed, so the lead developer finds his ex-girlfriend Jo Ji Ah (Chae Soo Bin) to help, who is the character model of Aji 3. With Min Kyu confronting his emotions with the robot, Ji Ah realizes that she has the same feelings. A charming tale of trust, betrayal and forgiveness, I’m not a Robot will warm your heart with its sunny demeanor and cute love story.

I'm not a robot

Recommendation

I’m not a Robot is easy to love due to its quick pacing and endearing cast.  Less the corporate world related conflict attached to the hero’s character, everything in the drama sails smoothly.

If you like saccharine stories, this drama is perfect for you. It notches well the bullet points of addictive romantic comedy. Light and sassy… sweet and steady.

Takeaway Quotes

“You need to know how to say goodbye to old friends.”

“Do you know when you will feel that you are alive? That’s when you fall in love.”

http://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-i-m-not-a-robot/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhh poor your father!! :lol: why not koin the fun if he can't sleep anyway?!! :lol::tongue: but as much as I'm sorry for him I'm happy your mother is that much into the drama and enjoying it!! :D at this rate she'll end it in couple more days!! :lol:

yeah I believe it too late to tell your mother now!! :lol: just tell your friends that they'll only be crying for 4-6-8 episodes only!! :lol::tongue: but surely not like in Remember!! :blink:

hhhhhhhhh yeah he was the highlight of the movie for sure :love: but I cried for him 'cause his pain and tears activate my shedding tears option!! :bawling::tongue:

no you want cry much don't worry!! :wink: tears will come by the end I believe but 1st you'll enjoy all the cutness with his cat!! :wub: lucky his real cats!! :wub:

awwww that's a lovely connection with him right?!! :wink::D

I laughed so hard because my dad did end up watching with my mom! :lol: She's a long time kdrama fan, and he's not. I'm pretty sure the last kdrama he watched with her was City Hunter. My mom was telling me he was about to sleep in another room, but she was on the reset scene. And as they watched it, he said wow. This guy is a really good actor. I can feel all his emotions, all his pain. And that's how my dad ended up watching IANAR too :joy: They're starting episode 23 later, and my mom keeps telling me YSH was way too adorable in eps 21 and 22 at the restaurant. YSH, what have you done to my parents?! :lol:

I did let my friends know! :) They're okay with crying a few episodes so they'll start watching IANAR this weekend! :wink:

Yes. Indeed a lovely connection with him! :wub:

I just finished watching Imaginary Cat's first two episodes, and can I just say that it is too adorable! :wub: I did tear up a bit in episode 2 with what happened with Jong Hyun's friend, but other than that, I like it so far and I recognize all the actors in the show beside YSH! (does that mean I've watched too many kdramas? :lol:)

tumblr_nxwp1yWiLd1spfigfo3_540.gif 

tumblr_nyrkfuIl7D1spfigfo3_540.gif

Gifs credit to: llllilian on Tumblr

^

This is too cute for my heart to handle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, justlove said:

I laughed so hard because my dad did end up watching with my mom! :lol: She's a long time kdrama fan, and he's not. I'm pretty sure the last kdrama he watched with her was City Hunter. My mom was telling me he was about to sleep in another room, but she was on the reset scene. And as they watched it, he said wow. This guy is a really good actor. I can feel all his emotions, all his pain. And that's how my dad ended up watching IANAR too :joy: They're starting episode 23 later, and my mom keeps telling me YSH was way too adorable in eps 21 and 22 at the restaurant. YSH, what have you done to my parents?! :lol:

I did let my friends know! :) They're okay with crying a few episodes so they'll start watching IANAR this weekend! :wink:

Yes. Indeed a lovely connection with him! :wub:

I just finished watching Imaginary Cat's first two episodes, and can I just say that it is too adorable! :wub: I did tear up a bit in episode 2 with what happened with Jong Hyun's friend, but other than that, I like the show so far and I recognize all the actors in the show beside YSH! (does that mean I've watched too many kdramas? :lol:)

Gifs credit to: llllilian on Tumblr

^

This is too cute for my heart to handle.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'M SO HAPPY!! :w00t: The Power Of Yoo Seung Ho!! :D:heart: I'm lost of words!! ahhhhhhhhh but really as happy I get seeing Yoo Seung Ho wining more fans and being praised for his great talent as he deserve, I feel waaaaaaay happier when his new fans are actually parents or grandparents or better dads or males since these categories (at least in my knowledge) aren't usually big fans of (k)dramas and male actors fanbase is mostely of females so having fathers and males to actually be grabed and admire Yoo Seung Ho's acting talent is a big deal to me at least!! :heart: so thank you so much chingu!! :wub::wub::wub:

good to know!! :D keep us updated about their opinion as well!! :wink::D

hhhhhhh see?!! you started already?!! let's see how much you'll cry by the end!! :tongue::lol: but you get to see aaaaaaaaaaall this adorableness and cuteness so you'll be fine!! :wink::tongue:...hhhhhh yeah I feel the same way now recognising many actors even those doing cameos unlike me around 5/7 years ago!! :lol:

my heartouuuuuuuuuuu :wub::wub::wub: thank you for the gifs!! so adorable!! :heart:

• Like 4

Good morning everyone!:heart:

Wow good job @justlove!:wub: 

Just finished watching Kim Seondal and it was so fun. Cried a little bit but I was laughing most of the time. Hoktal had a cameo in Kim Seondal but they have no scene together. Remember next. Hahaha

Our group here at work rooting for YSH is getting bigger too. We've been talking about how good he is as an actor yesterday. :D

• Like 4