Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

@Berou In that case I have edited my post too cuz I dont wanna be misunderstood either ( cuz my point too was that he isnt self suicidal, just rebellious / tryina break free from his past image etc etc). I was not spreading rumours, I know some of  the history yes, I was only presuming that things might not be well as of late with his previous agency (cuz agree or not Korean agencies are dark, so many stories out there about so many of them, we arent there we dont know and if we exclude the manager hyung we dont know what exactly things were like with the whole agency off camera ). I was only presuming the possibility that maybe things werent well lately, he needed change and  thats why he left the agency when contract ended.  To be clear I am not/was not spreading rumours, it was/is not my intention, just my presumption.  Lets just hope YSH  finds stability soon and separates his personal and professional lives , gives us a good project in near future, his career doesnt suffers from suicide and we all enjoy years of his talent/acting happily everafter. We are all worried, even I am, you already know how I wasnt in favour of him doing INR and MSH but we shouldnt let all our hopes go. He said he wants to play a villain. That ought to give some hope that he is willing to change the way he is walking on/ willing to change his choices if something worth it comes his way. Its a new management company  he probably has more freedom now and hopefully things might work out in his favour in future. I dont wanna see him play a 2nd lead or an OTT villain but a strong grey character like that of LJG from Moon lovers  with a happy ending wont hurt. LJG got international stardom even tho the show didnt do well in Korea. Lets just hope something like that happens for YSH, he gets the opportunity, luck and stroke of enlightment soon and his career soars. Fingers crossed.

I can already see the tension of waiting affecting everyone! Like I said before, I wish we could fast forward time like we can fast foward parts in a drama but I guess we have to be patient!

Then of course, if he takes this romcom, there will be the dread of HOW BAD will it be--the drama itself and the aftermath.

Yes, @Berou I do remember on several occasions YSH saying good things about his previous agency. I felt warmth there- YSH radiates warmth towards people he's near. That is what he does. He forms attachments. I like that about him. I'm certain he's beloved by most people who are around him too. But again, business is cutthroat. He is growing up in an especially rough business. I wish the best for him. He's so smart--I hope he does well.

To change subject! Earlier we were talking about the fates of Jin Woo, Harry and Woon. I do think Jin Woo's made the least Kdrama sense. There's a Kdrama rule that once you kill someone (as in illegal murder not self defense or in defense of others) you almost always doomed. Not always but often.  Jin Woo was a total hero, c'mon. I saw all of YSH's characters as savable--his acting makes them particularly sympathetic.  I saw Come and Hug Me not long ago  and ( quasi spoiler) someone who is indirectly responsible for a lot of deaths gets off scott free? I fumed. Because Yeo Woon should have been freed if this could happen. He tried to save people all along and tried to save his own life in the next to last episode and was only triggered to suicide in that poorly written, plot-hole ridden final ep. I fully believe all suicides are preventable, and one of the things I HATE most in Kdrama are melodramatic, romanticized, unnecessary suicides in a country where the suicide rate is so high.

Jin Woo  losing his memory for the sake of an artistic parallel with his father was as stupid as Yeo Woon impaling himself the way his father did for a similar artistic parallel. Character development and growth, from a writer's view, is more important that sucking audience sympathy and milking  tears with easy pretty parallels. Unfortunately this sort of thing is a bane with Kdrama--not all dramas do this, the younger writers do this a lot, the lesser dramas do this a lot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, Berou said:

Saying his previous agency was shady/ dark is one thing, saying there was some bad blood between him and his previous agency is another thing.  Both cannot be proven as of now, and I really doubt that his previous agency was into some shady stuff as you've stated. Indeed we don't know the behind the scenes and we will never know perhaps. It's unfortunate that YSH didn't do an interview to give some insight about his departure from San Ent.  But I'm not surprised, he's living up to his character. He didn't even say a word about it at his FM. So we are left with guesses. One can guess with certainty that his departure had to do with the poor performance of his dramas&movies and his struggles to secure his status as an adult actor.

I think it's dangerous to make such speculations even though you don't want to spread rumours. I am not denying that maybe things weren't well with his agency but it's better to be cautious when you post such comments on a public forum where everyone can read them. 

I don't mind him playing second leads or villains as long as his projects and his characters are good/solid. But I know not everyone thinks like me and if one day YSH plays a villain in a drama, everyone will wonder what's wrong with him <_<:ph34r:. He has higher chances to play a villain in a movie since he is less active in the movie industry. The strong grey characters that you like are very rare, for koreans it's either black or white : you're either a villain or a hero. LJG got extremely lucky to play such a complex character with many layers. What YSH is lacking right now is not international stardom - he got it through I am not Robot - he needs domestic stardom. Let's hope he will do a project that will make him popular in Korea and brings to him better projects. 

My bad, I didn't want to ruin the mood here. My apologies.

I always say Jin Woo is a martyr. His fate was cruel and unfair, and as you've stated it, it his alzheimer didn't make any sense. The writer wanted a stupid  symbolic parallel. SJW was a true hero and very pure, he fought against the corruption and injustice with law, he didn't stoop low doing shady business to bring down Nam Gyu Man nor he  became revengeful. His thirst for justice could have clouded his judgement and made him lose reason for an instant. I am sure he wanted so much to kill Nam Gyu Man for what he had done to his family but he restrained himself. Even when he became sick, he remained sane and he succeeded in  putting NGM behind the bars before he lost his memory.  My heart aches when I think about how much he suffered from childhood ( he lost his brother and his mother in a car accident) to adulthood ( he lost his father and his memory). There was truly not even a single moment where he was happy, his life was filled with unfotunate events.  Despite having such a cruel fate, he protected his heart and didn't let it to be rotten by evilness. He remained pure until the end. 

For the whole month of June! no one has say anything or update any news!! Today I see something new!!

Yes, Mr Yoo went out having fun with different type of car! I wonder if he planning to works this year!

749bb5b2ly1g4ivtocfkqj20nt0z7dk1.jpg

Now!! I am not sure if I am more happy he did not pick a project or he pick up Super star Miss Lee!! I think I am getting more disappointed that he's not going to do any proper job other than having fun with his cars!

I really cannot give a like when I see this photo! He is really quite busy having fun! unfollow some friends in his instagram and follow more after that!! included Cole Sprouse!!?? what!! not a good inspiration for me!! then Camila Carbello! ok.. this one better!! but he never update his own when he is busy following these people! oh.. Mr Yoo, please go to works! maybe you have no need to works!! but.. carry on like this will not give you a good images!

I knew @Berou dont like me mention other names! but I just want to say how Lee Je Hoon respect his works! and love his works! he is works after works and volunteering some charity works with Oxfam in UK! promoted Incheon airport! as an ambassador to Japan! I respect him more after his audio book for Norwegian Wood! ( I love books) I really wish YSH will works harder and give us some good drama or movies! If only i can wish!

I see that Warrior Baek Dong-soo has started streaming again on Kokowa and is available to American audiences again! I own the DVD, but now that VIKI has acquired the rights i can legally watch it on my old laptop and see all the audience comments on the screen (always hilarious--and most of the comments on this drama are about how beautiful Yoo Seung Ho is---I haven't watched the saddest parts yet, not ready!)

Oh Seung-ho, my dear boy, what are you driving on the side of a cliff now? That thing looks like a bumper car and a motorcycle had a baby! :lol:

1 hour ago, Berou said:

@See Wong I understand your feelings. It's very frustrating to see him not being fully committed to his acting career. He has chosen to do one work per year and that's it. He is not interested in doing extra activities besides dramas /movies, when he wraps up a project he goes into hiding. He is content with that.

There was nothing, no updates from him in June. Not hearing any casting news doesn't feel good. We dont know whether he is still reviewing Superstar MissLee,  if a good offer was on the table we would have already heared about it. 

Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I am truly frustrating! in July now.. maybe no works for 2019! :(

maybe I shoudn't have care too much about it! Thanks again @Berou for understanding and let me shout out loud! :) 

9 hours ago, rahma92 said:

His hair :astonished:

Hehehe I am not so sure about his hair too, maybe not a good photo.. :)  but I always thought he has Won Bin vibe! there are a few male actor look really good with long hair, Won Bin and Takayu Kimura was one of the few! I want to see that on YSH too.. I think he will look really good! :) :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berou said:

@See Wong , looks like he has listened to your rants and decided to come out of his cave  :lol:

@rahma92 no, I dont think so. Probably *another hot * magazine shoot . I cant wait for it !! Me thinks it's weird he has dyed his hair without cutting it, it is suspicious. I really hope his long hair is for his next role. And they seem to be even longer than  2 months ago !! He is purposelly letting them grow.

He has rekindled with his old * and safer* hobby,  piano ^_^

@Berou If that the case.. I should rants much earlier!!! get back to works.. Yoo! :D

I think it was a magazines shoots too.. the guy next to him was a CEO of magazines!! and casting agent too.. Woo.. I do hope it was a good sign of new role! can't wait for a news! a good news!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, Berou said:

no, I dont think so. Probably *another hot * magazine shoot . I cant wait for it !! Me thinks it's weird he has dyed his hair without cutting it, it is suspicious. I really hope his long hair is for his next role. And they seem to be even longer than  2 months ago !! He is purposelly letting them grow.

Omg!!! photoshoot with that pose and that suit :flushed: *sexy*

But if its really magazine shoot, we will get his interview too, right! I'm not sure about his new project. Some actors growing his hair for saeguk drama. But he said he didnt want saeguk 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, See Wong said:

Hehehe I am not so sure about his hair too, maybe not a good photo.. :)  but I always thought he has Won Bin vibe! there are a few male actor look really good with long hair, Won Bin and Takayu Kimura was one of the few! I want to see that on YSH too.. I think he will look really good! :) :D

I think he look good with long hair. Its refreshing and give him a new vibe. Really want to see his new look :lol:

11 hours ago, Berou said:

I really hope we'll get an interview. We didnt get one after his last drama. I like how he is now embracing his sexy side :lol:.  It makes all his fans happy. We'll get such good pictorials. 

Some of his past sexy photoshoots 

Yes, usually long hair for actors means sageuk but as you said he doesn't want to film one. Si I dont really know :(

birthday fanmeeting !!

I think he just enjoying his freedom right now. Growing his hair is one of it. Hope he really do interview!  (And hope there's eng translation)

Lol yes I realized it too, but because his age, its hard for me to see him as a sexy man.  But now he grew up!

Btw bs company is so kind. They celebrating YSH's birthday. :wub: can I hope for fanpicts?

8 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Did he still busy with his hobby?

Did he cut his hair??? 

So many question :sweatingbullets: Miss him in drama

I love to know the answer too! Kind of tired of him busy with his hobbies and not back to works! so... I guess no Drama this year! he take a whole year on vacation! :crazy: 

Oh Yeah... I know!! I am back to moaning mood again! :vicx:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, See Wong said:

I love to know the answer too! Kind of tired of him busy with his hobbies and not back to works! so... I guess no Drama this year! he take a whole year on vacation! :crazy: 

Oh Yeah... I know!! I am back to moaning mood again! 

Looks like all slot for drama this year already full. So no ysh until next year.

But we still can wait for his magazine :D right?

I really hoping he will come to reality show...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Looks like all slot for drama this year already full. So no ysh until next year.

Yeah... maybe we can only see him in a magazine! not too bad.. we got two this year! :ph34r: but I will be more disappointed if no interview included!

Nah.. I couldn't wish for his appearance in any reality show! he once said he will never go for reality show because it will show his 'silly' side of him and he said he is not that clever to be in a reality show!! I think he is not too confidence or he too shy to show his realself! maybe he will change his mind.. one day! but TBH.. if he did not sign up a new drama this year!! he should at least go into few tv show to keep expose himself!! nah... shouldn't hope too much!!! I almost give up on hoping! :blink: 

Some one.. give me a good news! :rolleyes: :huh:

13 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Oh!! rahma92, anyway.. who's that little kid in your profile picture?? just wondering! :)