Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

15 hours ago, rachel98 said:

I just wanted to share this so people can be more informed. 

I was looking at social media and some fans just seemed to be excited because this drama seems to have lots of steamy scenes like kiss scenes, shirtless scenes, and bed scenes.

Well, an actor should not be be well known for doing good kiss scenes and good looking face. he needs to be recognized for his acting to have a successful long running career and this role is just not it. he needs a strong role that can bring him recognition for his acting.

I just tried to translate what I got from Korean sites. I'm sorry if I hurt any seungho fan's feelings. I really didnt mean to. I was just trying to be honest because I really want him to be recognized for his acting. I really want him to succeed and hit big. Im sure we all feel that way.

Thank you so much for this. This is what I waiting for. I dont have any problem with the plot, but I hate this kind of character.   

Now I know about the character, its sound cheesy and more worst it can ruined his reputation. I dont understand why he taking this project (yes he still not confirmed, but there's this high possibility he will accept it) I'm happy His korean fans trying to stop him.  Really appreciated their efforts.

8 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

I agree it is unlikely PSH or HHJ would do it. I'm also not sure I like these pairing. Although I love the chemistry between PSH and YSH, but PSH looked has matured over the years whereas our by still has this youthful look. Having said that, I am not sure which actress I want him to work with.. Maybe cos I dont really care.. since I'm really not keen on this overly cliche drama. If he does do it, I hope he proves me wrong

Other actors get paired with actresses that more older than them but still look good.  

I guess a really talent actor can build chemistry with everyone. For me YSH even look good with YEH and he has more chemistry with JCW  (a man) than the real pairing. 

I honestly want him to get paired with every actresses, as long she didnt end up ruining his drama :sweatingbullets:

But yeah we still didnt get any news about the female lead. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Berou said:

I suddenly remembered YSH words at his FM. He said he wants to play a villain. The character in the romcom is close to villain to be honest,except he is not the villain but the main character. In my opinion it answers to why he chose this romcom. 

I wish he stops taking decisions emotionally and thinks thouroughly. Just because he wants to break his melo guy image or wants to play a villain, doesn't mean he has to hop on the first project that gives him that chance. He should wait for the right projects, otherwise he is going to ruin his image. 

I hope he listens to his fans this time. 

Sorry to say this but I'm glaring at him and the people who help him to pick projects. Didn't any alarms go on when they read the script ? YSH should have received the script of the first episodes at least. I expected him to have a better judgement. Actors like Lee Je Hoon who act in movies about comfort women and their struggles have all my sympathy and respect. But I can't shield my faves who choose to act in projects promoting the objectification of women, bullying, workplace ill-treatment and sexism. 

Exactly. There is no shielding our favs from shallow characters like that and if the powers that be are reading this forum and the Korean fans have already sent them mails etc etc then Im sure YSH and his agency would be feeling all the glares too lol. Not that he wont be able to pull it off but l dont want him to play an OTT villain cuz he wont be the Lead then. He should be the lead ( tho strong grey character would be an added plus for me) but a well written one, not a shallow spineless one like this web toon.

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Thank you so much @rachel98 for clarifying things for us and I agree with everyones words here!! I was already baffled by the news of YSH in talk for a 3rd rom-com in a row and one with a shallow story and character but now I feel even worst...what did he or his agency even think still considering this drama? this is not how YSH think nor consider his roles (he's a respectful man) and what good would it give his career or make use of his talent but give fanservice which YSH always kept away from as much as he could and with last real life scandals this is even worst timing for such project guranteeing him being cursed for this role if he takes it...he wants to play villain? we all wish for it knowing how good he'll pull it off but this is not a villain role, it's only a sleezy disrespectful man which I won't and can never see YSH play!! really he and his agency need to put more thoughts into his project choices and not jump into 1st project he get and stop with rom-coms for now!!

I thnk he can play any character, this one too cuz he is very good at acting, he'd be able to pull it off cuz by the looks of it he wouldnt have to do much effort anyway. However I dont want him to play this character cuz like you said it looks like a sleezy disrespectful shallow man. Yes I like good well written villains having depth  and  given his eyes and talent YSH can pull them off with grace too but that doesnt mean he should play just any villain. The villain should have some spine depth and standard atleast. Not every other disrespectful sleezy  shallow guy/ villain is likeable.

8 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

I loved Secret Garden. ANd you are right, there are similarity to it. There would be an added comparison to that highly successful drama and another unnecessary pressure to it

Oh I loved it too. The initial half atleast. I got tired by the body swapping in the end but then usually all kdramas lose their steam by the end of it. Writers, actors, everyone did a good job there . The strong stunt woman concept was also new I think. Anyways yes if this drama is similiar to it then the similiarities are bound to be noticed, comparisons are bound to be made and all this is merely gonna add unnecessary pressure to it (and if this drama.isnt well/ carefully written, which I think it wont be but its just my opinion,  then naturally its gonna turn to the pile of another YSH's dramas that couldnt/ didnt do well. I dont wanna say this but at the end of the day only YSH is gonna be blamed and called a failed actor . Only some sensible people blame the script, mostly people see ratings and success is decided upon ratings mostly) 

• Like 1

It sounds like the drama’s focus will be the female lead anyway. The acting challenge will be on the body swap premise and it will showcase the female lead’s role more than the male lead.

if they end up getting a big female star, then maybe it won’t be as bad as long as ysh plays his part well. It reminds me of strong woman do bong soon. Park bo yung was the main character but park hyun sik ended up getting a good career break because of that.

my two cents,  It will not be a drama that showcases ysh acting skill but might get a big exposure if he ends up being paired with a bigger star.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

Thank you so much for this. This is what I waiting for. I dont have any problem with the plot, but I hate this kind of character.   

Now I know about the character, its sound cheesy and more worst it can ruined his reputation. I dont understand why he taking this project (yes he still not confirmed, but there's this high possibility he will accept it) I'm happy His korean fans trying to stop him.  Really appreciated their efforts.

Other actors get paired with actresses that more older than them but still look good.  

I guess a really talent actor can build chemistry with everyone. For me YSH even look good with YEH and he has more chemistry with JCW  (a man) than the real pairing. 

I honestly want him to get paired with every actresses, as long she didnt end up ruining his drama :sweatingbullets:

But yeah we still didnt get any news about the female lead. 

After calm down and think about it again! maybe Its not that worst! I remember the Japanese Anime City Hunter! he is a real pervert! but still love by millions of people! Maybe the drama want to bring out this type of character and YSH think he can make the character loveable! TBH I am sure he can make a villian likeable! and if this is true, he might think it is a new challenge for him to play a pervert!! and a lots of shirtless scenes! :ph34r:which is a new challenge to him too..:D

Maybe we should give it a try and support his decision! If he is really confidence to take this part! So.. we can only wish for an excellent female lead to make this drama alive! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, onioncube said:

It sounds like the drama’s focus will be the female lead anyway. The acting challenge will be on the body swap premise and it will showcase the female lead’s role more than the male lead.

if they end up getting a big female star, then maybe it won’t be as bad as long as ysh plays his part well. It reminds me of strong woman do bong soon. Park bo yung was the main character but park hyun sik ended up getting a good career break because of that.

my two cents,  It will not be a drama that showcases ysh acting skill but might get a big exposure if he ends up being paired with a bigger star.

Yeah! I think we should open up our mind to accept his decision! and give him our support! he may make a good choice this time with BS guiding! we may not know the whole story about it!

After very dissappointed the last few days! I think I should learn to accept it! apart from wishing him well there is nothing we can do to stop it if this already sign up! and he is really happy for his next project! if he choose another wrong project!! Then we should all cry... wait for another year! :) anyway.. he still young and he got telent and he look perfect! he will get there if we believed him! saying that.. I felt better just to wish him luck and give him a teeny weeny support from a far distance fan!

1 hour ago, onioncube said:

This is what I think when I read the plot. The female lead will be carry this drama. PBY always taking this kind of drama. Thats why I kinda believe that they really want to cast top actress for this. 

If a top actress really taking it, there's big possibility the drama will doing well, especially if the male lead is YSH. 

But honestly after know the male lead character, I dont want YSH to take this one. I want a drama that will showing me his acting skill. 

1 hour ago, See Wong said:

After calm down and think about it again! maybe Its not that worst! I remember the Japanese Anime City Hunter! he is a real pervert! but still love by millions of people! Maybe the drama want to bring out this type of character and YSH think he can make the character loveable! TBH I am sure he can make a villian likeable! and if this is true, he might think it is a new challenge for him to play a pervert!! and a lots of shirtless scenes! :ph34r:which is a new challenge to him too..:D

Maybe we should give it a try and support his decision! If he is really confidence to take this part! So.. we can only wish for an excellent female lead to make this drama alive! 

Honestly this kind of character will get so much hyped, you know fifthy shade of grey? I cant imagine YSH taking this kind of role. He will get a new image but not a new challenge... my opinion

Guys, I want to be optimistic and I know YSH can pull off any character but... no. I just can't manage the tiniest hope. The issues of the mistreatment of women right now in Korea and the rest of the world are too serious to be addressed by a silly rom com. Apparently this is the sort of story in which a sexist sleazy guy is made to see the error of his ways after his soul is trapped in a woman's body for a while and he can she her point of view--right? That's how these stories go. Sorry, Korea's problems, women's problems right now are too serious to be addressed that lightly. 

I felt similarly when I saw My Strange Hero tackling the subject of suicide (in Korea) and the problem of Korea's stratified high pressure school system with a light comedy. it felt... awkward. 

A serious drama addressing these issues would be another thing, but a rom com?  Secret Garden belongs to a more innocent era of comedies. I can sense that the Korean shows I'm watching are changing and being more open about subjects that would never be mentioned before, but I do understand perfectly what YSH's Korean fans are upset about.  Not just for YSH's career but for the sake of women---it is pure fantasty to think what women go through at the hands of sleazeballs can be fixed with MAGIC. NO MAGIC SOUL SWAPPING can fix sexism. No guy will suddenly go from bad guy to good guy because of MAGIC (I don't care if he looks like YSH and has those glistening compassionate eyes).

Moral of my story: MAGIC DOESN'T CURE SEXISM. That's the last thing Korea (and most women) want to hear right now).

it doesn't work that way. In the wake of scandals, #metoo, and all the sufferings of women in Korea and elsewhere, there isn't any worse timing for this show. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Oohh.. another Yeo Woon fan!!

Yeah.. there were plot holes but it still work over all. I was tuned to it until the ending.. And then I went.. WHAT???? But loved, loved the character, and he execute it so well. His eyes, spoke volumes.

He was so young then but stole the show. I was spoiled for the ending but it still shocked me. Don't get me started about it made no sense or I'll rant forever. Yeo Woon is a good example of an anti-hero (not villian), a character who does bad things but with whom an audience can still sympathize with, relate to and cheer for---he is not, by any means, like the character we are hearing described in this new YSH project. Woon's actions were contradictory and often misunderstood--but he never demeaned women (he went around rescuing fair damsels etc as well as other innocent ppl etc) and tried to be a good person and spoke respectfully to people. WBDS was a swashbuckling action historical, it's own type of genre, and the romance in it was really badly written or not emphasized as much as other elements---with a rom com, the relationship between two people NEEDS to culminate in true love, and I just go UGH at any woman ending up with a sleazebag, no matter how much he's changed.... because... magic? It just doesn't happen that way. I have so many problems with that. I like fantasy. But *poof* you're no longer a sleazebag, joke, funny, funny, rom com, haha. It all sounds like a trainwreck to me. Ahhhh, I am upset. Give YSH a serious role again. He did so many when he was much, much younger. His Yeo Woon was so ... mature.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, debbiechan said:

Guys, I want to be optimistic and I know YSH can pull off any character but... no. I just can't manage the tiniest hope. The issues of the mistreatment of women right now in Korea and the rest of the world are too serious to be addressed by a silly rom com. Apparently this is the sort of story in which a sexist sleazy guy is made to see the error of his ways after his soul is trapped in a woman's body for a while and he can she her point of view--right? That's how these stories go. Sorry, Korea's problems, women's problems right now are too serious to be addressed that lightly. 

I felt similarly when I saw My Strange Hero tackling the subject of suicide (in Korea) and the problem of Korea's stratified high pressure school system with a light comedy. it felt... awkward. 

A serious drama addressing these issues would be another thing, but a rom com?  Secret Garden belongs to a more innocent era of comedies. I can sense that the Korean shows I'm watching are changing and being more open about subjects that would never be mentioned before, but I do understand perfectly what YSH's Korean fans are upset about.  Not just for YSH's career but for the sake of women---it is pure fantasty to think what women go through at the hands of sleazeballs can be fixed with MAGIC. NO MAGIC SOUL SWAPPING can fix sexism. No guy will suddenly go from bad guy to good guy because of MAGIC (I don't care if he looks like YSH and has those glistening compassionate eyes).

Moral of my story: MAGIC DOESN'T CURE SEXISM. That's the last thing Korea (and most women) want to hear right now).

it doesn't work that way. In the wake of scandals, #metoo, and all the sufferings of women in Korea and elsewhere, there isn't any worse timing for this show. 

Oh! I thought it was two female swap body? my mistake!

Lately Korean drama like to go quite sensitive issue like you mention.. suicide, school bullying! like the recent drama Beautiful World, or even the very popular Sky Castle!

From the very begining I do not like the idea of third Romcom in a row! and the plot was too outdated and silly for me! I am really againts it! but if this already happen and settle! we just have to accept it and hope for the best and wish him luck! and give our very little support to him! I truly think this is not a bright choice for him to prove himself all grown up! or try difference character! but I hate it more if this drama fail badly! so I can only choose to wish him luck and hope for the best will come out from it! of course if this just on the talks, he should listen to the wave of his fans for asking him to reconsider. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

Honestly this kind of character will get so much hyped, you know fifthy shade of grey? I cant imagine YSH taking this kind of role. He will get a new image but not a new challenge... my opinion

Wow.. fifthy shades of grey! I don't mind if he taking the part of Korean version Christian Grey, but only if this is a movie! not a tv drama! :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Oohh.. another Yeo Woon fan!!

Yeah.. there were plot holes but it still work over all. I was tuned to it until the ending.. And then I went.. WHAT???? But loved, loved the character, and he execute it so well. His eyes, spoke volumes.

Umm... No one like me even I am much beautiful than Woon! :(

Image result for gif hwanhee yoo seung ho

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, See Wong said:

Very beautiful he is there. YSH looked good in that role. I liked the movie too (and Go Ara as female co star), but Yeo Woon was much better character imv. More complex, more intense--plus sword-fighting and horse-riding! His relationships were interesting and his dilemmas were heartbreaking. Hwan hee in the Magician was enjoyable---I wouldn't mind another role like that. But Yeo Woon has special place in my heart. 

@Berou  ahhhh so I got the whole body swapping thing confused in the plot. Now it all makes even less sense to me. How does the sexist guy get any better?  I haven't looked at the link yet with my bad Korean even. I still have little hope that anything can redeem such a silly story, let alone one that comes at such a bad moment in contemporary times. I know many dramas are made out of webtoons and some are very different from the originals. Dramas based off manhwa can be very different (WBDS).

But I just can't be optimistic. Maybe it's because I've been optimistic for too many times now with YSH projects and this time.... this time may be asking too much. If I can only be proven wrong. Wouldn't that be great? YSH is SUCH a nice, smart guy, such a talented person---it would only be fair if once, just once, he would hit on a project that would not only be worthy of himself but would make his fans happy too..... *deep sigh*

• Like 4

10 hours ago, debbiechan said:

Very beautiful he is there. YSH looked good in that role. I liked the movie too (and Go Ara as female co star), but Yeo Woon was much better character imv. More complex, more intense--plus sword-fighting and horse-riding! His relationships were interesting and his dilemmas were heartbreaking. Hwan hee in the Magician was enjoyable---I wouldn't mind another role like that. But Yeo Woon has special place in my heart. 

But I just can't be optimistic. Maybe it's because I've been optimistic for too many times now with YSH projects and this time.... this time may be asking too much. If I can only be proven wrong. Wouldn't that be great? YSH is SUCH a nice, smart guy, such a talented person---it would only be fair if once, just once, he would hit on a project that would not only be worthy of himself but would make his fans happy too..... *deep sigh*

@debbiechanHehehe It was a silly joke with @WoozyPrincess compare Yeo Woon with Hwan Hee! Woozy love Yeo Woon so much and I said Hwan Hee is so much better looking! hehe both is play by our lovely Yoo Seung Ho! same actor with two different character and both play perfectly! How not to love him, he is a brilliant actor!

I am once often moaning about YSH this and that! just want to see him shine brighter and became a bigger star as he should be! often get dissapointed with what he choose and why he not appear more often, why he don't work harder.. etc! All I wish is to see him become more successful and on top of Korean top male actor! If we spend a little bit more time to understand him! he often say he don't care much about fame and money! all he want is acting and acting make him feel good and feel secure! he pick up a project base on his emotionally favourite and not pick up a project want to be more successful and gain more attention! he is different and unit! and i think he is difficult to understand too! 

It is not official announce YSH going to take part of the Super Star Miss Lee yet! so we should really wait and see! I wish it is just a rumour! or he change his mind after all this 'fans pretests'. Let hope and pray! :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, See Wong said:

It is not official announce YSH going to take part of the Super Star Miss Lee yet! so we should really wait and see! I wish it is just a rumour! or he change his mind after all this 'fans pretests'. Let hope and pray! :) 

Yes lets wait for more news!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Berou said:

Exactly, villain characters should have some standards. And the sexyness or hotness of actors playing those characters won't erase the shallowness of those characters. I'm sorry to say this, but the people behind this project really look down on the general public and think that if someone like YSH plays a direspectful and trash character, the general public will become blind and pretend that his character's flaws don't exist and will cheer for him, fangirl over his supposed hotness, YSH with his charms will achieve to make them forget he will be playing a character mistreating women. 

To be fair we have not seen the script yet but the sound of webtoon definitely sucks and yes no matter how good looking or sexy the actor is, the shallowness of the character wont be erased. I dont mind if the lead has one or two past relationships, got cheated/ hurt and turned bad or vengeful. Its natural and anyone would be able to relate. However, sleeping with every woman right left and center (just for the sake of it or whatever), demeaning them, treating them as objects that too without any particular serious reason definitely sounds trashy. Being playboy due to a troubled past is one thing, being spineless and characterless is another. I am sure general public isnt gonna like it either. It sounds like a cliched story, rich shallow characterless guy falls for the oh so poor hardworking pretty n silly damsel in distress with strong character apparently and since the body swap is gonna take place so its gonna be a bit of a nasty shocker when he finds out the truth that the woman he loves isnt pretty afterall and is just an average looking employee at his workplace. Sigh we can already predict some of the story I guess. By the looks of it the Female Lead of the show is gonna be more of a central character because she is swapping bodies so she'll have to display her acting skills more. This doesnt sounds like a show where Male lead would be focused much. It'd probably be the female lead and her struggle of adjusting into the superstar's body while being just an average employee on the inside but lets see. The whole concept of the show seems cliched / half baked and since Ruler's team is backing it so I wont be surprised if this show turns out to be as much of a mess as Ruler was (just like an empty vessel with a shiny body)

On 5/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, See Wong said:

Too pretty...

On 5/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, debbiechan said:

YOu said it Girl!!!  Sorry @See Wong

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 9:06 AM, See Wong said:

@debbiechanHehehe It was a silly joke with @WoozyPrincess compare Yeo Woon with Hwan Hee! Woozy love Yeo Woon so much and I said Hwan Hee is so much better looking! hehe both is play by our lovely Yoo Seung Ho! same actor with two different character and both play perfectly! How not to love him, he is a brilliant actor!

And I got more support.. hehehehehe

The one positive thing I get from this link the Ms Superstar Lee possible casting is the buzz surrounding his name. Usually he is talked about only during his drama. and then you see occasionally mention here and there. With BS also posting his photos from his FM from earlier this month, his name is buzzing about town. It is good. Even with the slams over the possible choice of drama. Because it means he has fans.. who are vested and care about him and his career.

I agree we should wait for the confirmation. My only hope is that the link was to create the buzz.. to culminate into a frenzy when he finally chose a drama or a movie ala Mission Impossible and Bourne.. A girl can only dream.. and sometimes dream do become reality...

And my boy...

Image result for yoo seung ho yeo woon

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, See Wong said:

Oh I missed this post earlier. Yes I liked him in the Magician. He WAS beautiful but...more than Woon? Sigh. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. Woon was something else as a character...someone with more depth....more sorrow...more helplessness..someone who was denied love from childhood, someone who was misunderstood no matter how hard he worked behind the shadows/scenes to make things right ..someone who tried and tried yet he could not free himself from his destiny...someone who was good at heart yet considered bad cuz of his actions during the daylight which had hurt others...but he had to do what he had to do even if it killed him inside cuz he was just..different i guess? Sigh he was just a misunderstood dark prince imo..there were many layers to his character which YSH's character in The Magician did not had. I am not saying he wasnt good or beautiful in the movie I am just saying Woon was more deep intriguing heartbreaking and beautiful as a character. Sorry for such a serious post tho lol...it came out more serious than I thought but never mind.  The good part was that atleast his movie's character ended on a better note.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

And my boy...

Oh Wooniieeee..:love:  Quoting again cuz woonie pics werent quoted smh. Its always nice to see his face but he looks serious in these pics. I do wish I could see YSH in a similiar character again swinging swords and all. I'd love to see him in action again  I wouldnt mind contemporary action thriller either but his character should be strong, layered and ending should be  happy.

• Like 1