Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

On 5/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, WoozyPrincess said:

I want to see him in several roles but suited for his age such as

1) troubled young man (Uni or a couple of years out of school) - could be a biker, a gangster, a rebel chaebol -

2) Arrogant chaebol maneuvring the cut throat biz world

3) A detective/spy ala mission impossible/Bourne

4) A soldier

BAsically all those manly hawt roles

The genre can be thriller, crime, romance, angst .. just not romcom

All your options are nice and yes I second you on this. Any genre but just not romcom. He has already done two in a row. He got the change he wanted. I really wanted him to experiment, to try something else, something new now. Tbh I wouldnt mind seeing him as a vampire even lol.

• Like 2

This page said he got 4 offers. But this superstar miss lee is the only one got leaked. Okey Im curious if all 4 offers are romcom, then YSH didnt have any choice. If this one got leaked, its mean there's high possibility he will said yes too (except we got another news about drama offer).  

I tired with romcom, but if he take it I hope his character not typical flower boy anymore. 

It will be a good thing if good actress taking this drama, this fan page said Top Actress positively reviewing. Any idea? Is there any top actresses who still free? PSH? HHJ? If one of them taking this drama I will totally give it chance.

2 hours ago, Berou said:
I looked for the writer's credits, not a rookie but it doesn't sound good. I wonder why would a top actress choose to work with a writer that doesn't have any notable work ? 

Btw Yoo Seung Ho fan discussion's admin is korean drama portal's admin and korean portal drama often posts fake news, hence I avoid posting anything coming from that media. 

We're not the only ones disappointed, his korean fans on DC ( korean forum) are not happy either. They are asking him to reject the offer. 

Lastly I read from korean fans that the production company is the same that produced Ruler :huh:.

Tbh I wont deny that I am not happy either. No big star will choose to work with a team having no notable works. Everyone wants the best for their career afterall (well mostly). I really dont wanna sound gloomy here but if what you have written above is true then I dunno the future of this drama looks bleak :(

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Yoo Seung Ho In Talks To Star As Male Lead Of New Romantic Comedy

Yoo Seung Ho is working on selecting his next project!

On May 22, industry representatives reported that Yoo Seung Ho is will be starring as the male lead in “Superstar Miss Lee” (working title).

In response to the reports, his agency BS Company clarified, “‘Superstar Miss Lee’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

Based on a Naver web novel of the same name, “Superstar Miss Lee” is a romantic comedy about Lee Yeo Jung, an employee of P Shopping whose soul becomes exchanged with a top actress after she gets involved in an accident.

Yoo Seung Ho has received the offer to play Im Jung Woo, Marketing Manager of P Shopping and the youngest son of P Group’s owner. Not only does he come from a wealthy family, but he also boasts a strong educational background and perfect looks. The character is expected to capture hearts through his romance with Lee Yeo Jung.

“Superstar Miss Lee” is expected to air in the latter half of this year or in early 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326475wpp/yoo-seung-ho-in-talks-to-star-as-male-lead-of-new-romantic-comedy

I was excited that he is selecting his next project.. but another rom-com!!! Jebal.. anything but rom com

10 hours ago, debbiechan said:

A body swap rom com?  Why .... am I not laughing?   :bawling:

I'll join you...:bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Berou said:

It's better to laugh than crying ^_^

I guess the poor girl is a plain Jane and the superstar is arrogant,haughty and superficial but extremely beautiful. Once their bodies swap up, the chaebol will finally notice the beauty inside of the poor girl and will fall in love with her without knowing about the body swap up. The superstar will learn to be modest and be more considerate while living inside the body of the poor girl. 

It feels like the synopsis of some dramas I've already watched. Everything is so cliché. 

yeah.. definitely sounds like it. Com'on BS.. guide him to a better drama!!!

3 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

OMG I JUST got the news that Yoo Seung Ho is considering third rom com in a row???!!!  I wasnt even able to sit through the whole of  My Strange Hero. I got nothing against him wanting to play lighter roles than his past but honestly I'd love to see him try different genres . He is a very talented actor, he can do wonders with good script. I hope he gives this a pass but chances dont look so high. I wonder if we will ever get to see him in a good drama? Is it too much to ask for?  I'd love to see him grow more as an actor, try out different genres action, thriller, suspense, fiction etc etc  As a fan I do want a good drama, fame and success for him. Sigh I wish him luck though.

Hey.. you love my all time favourite character. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Its romcom again! I hope he decline this. Need something new!

Yes, I really wish he will decline it! He said no more Romcom after IANAR.. then MSH! now another Romcom!! no.. get something different!

If he accept it! then I will begining to believe he don't get many offer! but if he accepted it, I will really worried his future! third Romcom in a row! It will not give him any favour! 

3 hours ago, rahma92 said:

This page said he got 4 offers. But this superstar miss lee is the only one got leaked. Okey Im curious if all 4 offers are romcom, then YSH didnt have any choice. If this one got leaked, its mean there's high possibility he will said yes too (except we got another news about drama offer).  

I tired with romcom, but if he take it I hope his character not typical flower boy anymore. 

It will be a good thing if good actress taking this drama, this fan page said Top Actress positively reviewing. Any idea? Is there any top actresses who still free? PSH? HHJ? If one of them taking this drama I will totally give it chance.

If Han Hyo Joo taking this drama I will definitely watch it all the way with cheers! but will this ever happen!!

11 hours ago, Berou said:

It's better to laugh than crying ^_^

I guess the poor girl is a plain Jane and the superstar is arrogant,haughty and superficial but extremely beautiful. Once their bodies swap up, the chaebol will finally notice the beauty inside of the poor girl and will fall in love with her without knowing about the body swap up. The superstar will learn to be modest and be more considerate while living inside the body of the poor girl. 

It feels like the synopsis of some dramas I've already watched. Everything is so cliché. 

Don't even find the story interesting! very cheesy! YSH please don't take this offer! 

53 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

yeah.. definitely sounds like it. Com'on BS.. guide him to a better drama!!!

Yes, BS should advice him for a better choice! why 3 Romcom in a row!! think about it!! why YSH said he is too young to play a doctor! why!! He don't want something too serious? so he go for another Romcom! hope this is a fake news!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

@WoozyPrincess Hi..really? Yes I did (still do) loved Yeo Woon's character to bits! He is my all time favourite too (hence my username lol) but yeah I did wished  (*tentative* you might disagree with me on this, I've had far too many disagreements over his death outside this forum but never mind) he hadnt died like that. I'd never want such a sad ending for any other Yoo Seung Ho's character. Ever.

40 minutes ago, See Wong said:

Yes, BS should advice him for a better choice! why 3 Romcom in a row!! think about it!! why YSH said he is too young to play a doctor! why!! He don't want something too serious? so he go for another Romcom! hope this is a fake news!

I hope its fake too. I dont know about others but  I have rarely seen leaked news like these to be fake. They only get leaked when its almost confirmed :( I might be wrong though...

Yes its obvious that he doesnt wants to do anything too serious but I had hoped that he would find  some middle ground and  would do something which is neither too serious nor too light, a combination of both maybe ? (Personally I'd love to see him in an action thriller, something with adrenaline rush or a fantasy show even)  but he seems to be interested in romcoms.only :(

• Like 1

Err I guess everyone in here didnt like it.

Unpopular opinion for me:

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/05/22/yoo-seung-ho-the-male-lead-for-rom-com-k-drama-super-star-ms-lee/

Looks like this is not just pure romcom, its fantasy too. This is a good thing. 

Honestly, I dont felt the plot is cheesy, it sound interisting for me :sweatingbullets: 

The female lead will hard carried this drama too, I hope they cast a good one. (Im not sure about this top actreess rumour)

the PD from ruler and doctors, so the drama will be more heavy, another a good thing for me. (I dont have any problems with this PD). My problem just YSH's character, tho we still dont know if he will become a cold type or a cute one, I want him in mature character, but the description kinda...

Did someone already read the novel? I really want to confirm his character. 

14 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Yeah.. I didnt like his death. There wasn't a need for his death at all. It was unnecessary.

I'm still waiting for a different news.. 

Yes exactly thats what, it was so unnecessary, meaningless and contradictory to the whole build up of there is no such thing as fate :(  Sigh.

Anyways yes same here still hoping for some different news but almost sure the leaked news is confirmed otherwise it wouldnt have been leaked in the first place + soompi is pretty much an authentic site I guess but I dunno...  I'm not hoping too high for something different but lets see, hope he changes his decision.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Berou said:

Sorry that's a NO for me. Even his japanese fans are worried.

Just seeing Ruler's name attached makes me facepalm. I don't know what  Ms. koala meant by production team : PD or production company ? 

Reading the detailed plot doesnt give me some hope, I got a few things right : plain Jane poor employee vs. Beautiful superstar.  

It's a very shallow drama that focuses heavily on the beauty and the wealth. 

Agree. Ruler's name attached to it doesnt helps soar my spirits either and I am starting to get worried about his career too. He'd be stereotyped as a mushy sweet romantic cute guy only. As for what you said , shallow or not it sounds right and soooooo OTT cliched.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/05/22/yoo-seung-ho-the-male-lead-for-rom-com-k-drama-super-star-ms-lee/

Honestly, I dont felt the plot is cheesy, it sound interisting for me :sweatingbullets: 

The female lead will hard carried this drama too, I hope they cast a good one. (Im not sure about this top actreess rumour)

the PD from ruler and doctors, so the drama will be more heavy, another a good thing for me. (I dont have any problems with this PD). My problem just YSH's character, tho we still dont know if he will become a cold type or a cute one, I want him in mature character, but the description kinda...

Romcom plus fantasy! he is a rich, perfect looking young highly education man, this is like mix freaky Friday with IANAR! umm Is BS targeting more teenage fans for YSH! If this really happen.. I am sure many teenage girls will scream! and surely the drama will focus on YSH good look and make him look cute again!! Don't know why he want to choose another teen style Romcom again! just hope they will get a 'top' actress if not this drama will be another chessy one! just hope it will not be as bas as MSH! 

I still cannot immagine PSH,HHJ will be interesting to taking part of this type of drama!? if only this is a super big project! but no matter what! If YSH really take this offer! I will still wish him luck and will give it a try!! but quite sad... I want something very different! something serious! I guess he think he still too young to take something too serious which most of us here do not understand! maybe Peter Pan inside of him! :)  If this drama get a good ratings he will be safe, if this drama flops.. he will be category as a worst drama picker! which he is already seem picking all the bad choices!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

Agree. Ruler's name attached to it doesnt helps soar my spirits either and I am starting to get worried about his career too. He'd be stereotyped as a mushy sweet romantic cute guy only. As for what you said , shallow or not it sounds right and soooooo OTT cliched.

Most of us really worried about he will be stereotyped! Why BS company not seeing this! Is BS have some others plan? make him a Kpop Idol type! 

Did anyone know which TV Channel taking this project?

7 minutes ago, Berou said:

Which makes me frowning very hard. I don't understand why YSH is considering it knowing the Ruler's mess. He himself emphasized how much he suffered during the filming. He should have avoided this drama and should avoid any drama from Ruler's team. 

He might have been forgotten! He said no more Romcom after IANAR too! :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Berou said:

Which makes me frowning very hard. I don't understand why YSH is considering it knowing the Ruler's mess. He himself emphasized how much he suffered during the filming. He should have avoided this drama and should avoid any drama from Ruler team. 

Exactly. Thats what.  After Ruler's mess I thought he had learned his lesson and would avoid them in future but guess not.  Tbh I dont know what to think anymore. Maybe he is trying to show he has no regrets choosing such half baked projects? and would continue to do the same in future too? Sigh people are already saying he has no eye for choosing projects (pretty sure read an article saying the same thing somewhere but forgot)  and if this drama flops there is only gonna be more talk in the town.

27 minutes ago, See Wong said:

Most of us really worried about he will be stereotyped! Why BS company not seeing this! Is BS have some others plan? make him a Kpop Idol type! 

Did anyone know which TV Channel taking this project?

He might have been forgotten! He said no more Romcom after IANAR too! :bawling:

Maybe BS thinks this project is good than his previous ones? Not sure but I think it also depends on what the actor chooses and not chooses to do. If Yoo Seung ho wants to do romcoms only then I am not sure BS can do much about it. I dont know which channel its going to be aired. Tbh I was so disappointed that I didnt even bother to dig in more about the show. Still recovering from the shock of him considering third romcom in a row lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rahma92 said:

No, haven't read it but adaptations can be very different. Love your blog by the way :wub: and agree that fantasy can work well in a rom com---the cliche elements like people have mentioned and the very fact that Ruler's shadow is over this script makes me frown. I know I'll end up watching this because I end up watching a lot of shows because of cast and deciding after a few episodes if I'm staying. Who knows.

oh  @WoozyPrincess don't even get me started about Yeo Woon. I could write a book. My fave. :wub: YSH shone in that role---the script was wobbly and the end was terrible, but unlike Ruler Master of the Mask, where the script was flawed from the beginning, WBDS had some high moments and good characterizations and went to hell with plotholes all over the place--and like too many dramas, ended hurriedly with no proper resolution. I was fed up with Ruler from the get-go because the mask concept, while interesting, was so poorly executed---I mean, the super tall bodyguard wore it and wasn't recognized as a different person? This could work onstage, has worked as a device in Shakespeare, but even as a sageuk fantasy--I was just not buying any of it in Ruler. No amount of pretty scenery or good casting could make up for the script.

Sometimes I wonder how many good scripts there really are out there, how many of them are ruined by directors during production, and if we can really blame actors and agencies for their choices. in this case with YSH though, I definitely want to support his life choices and with him happiness, I definitely want to see his talents onscreen again, but it seemed a no-brainer for me to go with a THIRD rom com? WHY PICK A ROM COM SCRIPT WITH SO MANY CLICHES? Does he really want to establish himself as a romantic lead? I don't know. Is being in the body of a girl and playing girly (I'm already wincing at sexist stereotypes) really going to do that? There are so many red flags about this choice.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Berou said:

Latest news : his korean fans are about to send an email to his agency for plea. The big issue is some scenes in the webnovel :mellow:. And they highly dislike his character

Interested too about the character. How bad can he be and aren't these chaebols always redeemed anyway.  LOL about the email to agency. I don't know why I was suddenly struck with image of hundreds of scholars outside the palace petitioning chona! Like in dramas. :lol: Don't let Yoo Seung-ho-ssi ruin his career! We beg of you! Don't let him play a terrible man who takes his shirt off! Not another rom com! :lol: Chona!

1 hour ago, Berou said:

Latest news : his korean fans are about to send an email to his agency for plea. The big issue is some scenes in the webnovel :mellow:. And they highly dislike his character

Im trying to understand but it's hard. Can anyone find the webtoon and post it here? 

Im just shaking my head and I don't know what to think too. What is he trying to prove? He know Ruler was really bad, he read the reactions and online comments. 

Indeed he is always on the list of actors who are bad at picking dramas. I can already forsee the incoming bad feedback about his pick. 

Oh so Korean fans are against it too? Do the pleas work? I have never heard about something like this but lets see and hope that the plea works, he rejects this offer and gets some big ticket project instead. Cuz this one just doesnt sounds so good and considering his picks lately, he is being as (I dunno how to put it) dangerous /focused/ serious about them as drifting or motocross.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Berou said:

Another trustworthy article.  Hancinema is a reliable source unlike korean drama portal. It is said no actress is rumoured yet. William Schwartz go the name of the agency wrong lol. If YSH gets other poor performances,  he will say adios to BS sooner than expected. 

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-yoo-seung-ho-considers-appearing-in-superstar-miss-lee-129891.html

[HanCinema's News] Yoo Seung-ho Considers Appearing in "Superstar Miss Lee

There we go again with the *poor performance*  and *only* career plans. The news seem authentic and it doesnt seems like he is gonna give up on it unless the plea works or he gets offered some miraculous project which gets his eye. Btw have you watched secret garden? The story mentioned above sounds similiar to it. The ML and FL body swapped there as well and it was a hit too but I dunno if this team would be able to pull off something that has already been tried and dusted.

2 hours ago, See Wong said:

I still cannot immagine PSH,HHJ will be interesting to taking part of this type of drama!? if only this is a super big project! but no matter what! If YSH really take this offer! I will still wish him luck and will give it a try!! 

Lets wait for female lead news. I think it will make a big different.

1 hour ago, Berou said:

Im trying to understand but it's hard. Can anyone find the webtoon and post it here? 

Yes korean fans in naver dislike this idea too. Im trying to search it but cant find it. Maybe we need to use hangul?

1 hour ago, debbiechan said:

No, haven't read it but adaptations can be very different. Love your blog by the way :wub: and agree that fantasy can work well in a rom com---the cliche elements like people have mentioned and the very fact that Ruler's shadow is over this script makes me frown. I know I'll end up watching this because I end up watching a lot of shows because of cast and deciding after a few episodes if I'm staying. Who knows.

Thats not my blog, dear, I just shared it :D there's big possibility he will take this project. Yes I will be in the same route like you, give it try and deciding after two episode. I honestly still not sure with this project, even if its have a good script, I dont know YSH will get a spotlight with this kind of drama. I hope we have another choice

• Like 1