Ryu Si Won 류시원

Guest Rhapsody

I love that he races cars! whoot whoot!

i was a bit surprised to find out that he races car. to me, he doesn't seem to look like one, that's why. kinda gives him a hint of being a rebel, tee hee.

Someone asked for this...

Just uploaded Si Won's Rhapsody Album (released 7/05) containing 5 songs...

Here is the direct link...

Ryu Si Won Rhapsody (7/05) 192kb Mp3 zip file

thanks for this Rx (and my list of CB download list just keeps on growing :lol: )

CHULA- "jong ee hak" or Paper Crane, is a drama ryu shi won was in with myung seh bin and song yoon ah. he came out as a race car driver who had to stop racing because of financial circumtances (?) err... maybe it was because he got into a car accident that ended up killing someone. I'm not too sure it's been a long time... Meanwhile myung seh bin is a rich girl who, due to the death of her father becomes dirt poor and meets ryu shi won working at the same grocery store. Obviously they start liking each other, but rsw finds out that the person that he ended up accidentally killing was actually msb's father and decides to break up with her. Of course while this is all happening, his friend (who he lives with etc) signs up for dancing lessons so he can work at clubs as a performer, but his teacher (song yoon ah) ends up just running with the money. However, that money so happens to be what rsw and his 2 friends (including the guy who spent it on dance lessons) were saving up for their little sister's (not related by blood) surgery at the orphange they grew up in. Anyway, song yoon ah starts liking rsw and at first he can't forget about msb, but later he decides to give her a chance. Later though the truth is revealed about the accident that rsw was in: he wasn't responsible for msb's death, but msb's father had committed suicide. so msb, unable to forget about rsw tells him right away, but he has already kind of commited to song yoon ah. But this relevation helps him go back to racing and become a lot more financially stable because he wins a big race. in the end song yoon ah leaves because she sees that msb really loves him and that she has only been "borrowing" the place that really belonged to Myung Seh Bin and leaves, not even telling rsw where she is going. actually... i really hated the ending because it seemed like he actually cared for song yoon ah and tries to go after her, but later when msb comes looking for him they go to msb's father's grave together and bow. so... yeah...

critic thanks for sharing with me the plot. really appreciate it :wub: seems like an interesting drama. i wish older kdramas could be released with Eng subs soon - there are other pre-Korean wave dramas that i've always wanted to watch but couldn't :(

Anyhow, been watching Beautiful Days...

Although BD was from 2001, Si Won looks so much younger!

Maybe it's the hair style...

And, he has little more weight on...

He looks very handsome and lives up to his "Prince" image in BD...

he was chubby in BD and his haircut made him look younger too.

Just wanted to share a web site that lists all of Si Won's TV dramas...

Including storyline, photo, OST, VOD, script, and related news...

Ryu Si Won Drama List

Now I have all the drama episodes from Propose 1997 and on...

10 dramas in 9 years, impressive...

Most of them I had to settle for LQ but beggers can't be choosers! ^^

thanks for sharing the link. 10 dramas? wow! looks like they had the wrong year date for Wedding, right? it says 2004.

Chula...thanks for the link. Am listening to it now. I saw him on a couple of jpnz music shows but never had the opportunity to d/l the song. Appreciate it!

y'welcome cyn ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rhapsody

i was a bit surprised to find out that he races car. to me, he doesn't seem to look like one, that's why. kinda gives him a hint of being a rebel, tee hee.

:D:P he actually holds an international car racing licence and you see him participating in

the Super Korea Motor Racing Championship Series (KMRC) together with his team mates i.e. R-STARS TEAM.

June19Race-3.jpg

June19Race.jpg

June19Race-5.jpg

Here's one with Park Yong Ha - 박 용하

PYHRSW3.jpg

See the racing helmet 류시원 is holding, nice

:P Well he i.e. 류시원 designs it. You see different designs each time...

photos credit : www.cyworld.com/rswfl

Guest cynkawahara

After BD, I think I am going to watch Propose from 1997 and forward...

So that I can see young Si Won mature... in appearance as well as an actor... so to speak... ^^

Cyn, uploaded Since We Met (although I named it Since I've Met You, literal translation is Since I've Known You :D) episode 3 into my CB so that you can download (LQ though)...

Didn't find it in CB but at iPop which is another Korean file sharing site (need Korean ID and have to pay)...

Been downloading as many files as I can of the RSW's older dramas over the weekend...

Because of the "Copyright Crack Down", I am making sure I get all the RSW dramas downloaded while I can! ^^

Still in the process of downloading Paper Crane (54 episodes!) and Since We Met (48 episodes!)...

JC....sorry, I think I need to correct myself. The 3 episodes that I missed are episode 26/27/28. Since you are busy d/ling , don't worry. I can wait. D/ling the dramas should be your first priority.

Paper crane and Since we met...long dramas....must be taking some time. Just think after watching all his dramas, you will be an expert! Thanks.

Rhapsody....thanks for the nice pics of RSW with his racing team. RSW appears to be so mild mannered but when you think of the psyche that it takes to race cars, I am amazed. I enjoy watching car races on tv but I must admit, I am always on the edge of my seat! The drivers have such amazing concentration to be able move in and out trying to get a better position. So much stragey involved. Lots of coordination. I guess I will never be able to do that since I failed at playing the piano! The left and right hand just wanted to do the same thing! Darn hands!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

:D:P he actually holds an international car racing licence and you see him participating in

the Super Korea Motor Racing Championship Series (KMRC) together with his team mates i.e. R-STARS TEAM.

June19Race-3.jpg

June19Race.jpg

June19Race-5.jpg

Here's one with Park Yong Ha - 박 용하

PYHRSW3.jpg

See the racing helmet 류시원 is holding, nice

:P Well he i.e. 류시원 designs it. You see different designs each time...

Thanks for the pics!

Actually, I do know little bit about Car Racing, thanks to my former boyfriend...

From what I understand, you can lose up to 10 lbs during a long car race like Indy 500 in US...

Takes a lot of concentration and stamina!

Guest cynkawahara

Thanks for the pics!

Actually, I do know little bit about Car Racing, thanks to my former boyfriend...

From what I understand, you can lose up to 10 lbs during a long car race like Indy 500 in US...

Takes a lot of concentration and stamina!

weight loss up to 10lbs?.... Interesting....could this have anything to do with his weight loss in the past 3 years?

Guest Rhapsody

weight loss up to 10lbs?.... Interesting....could this have anything to do with his weight loss in the past 3 years?

Oct23.jpg

Yes...racing can really result in weight loss cause stress...concentration...training and practice sessions... Just one race in the month which usually is on Sunday, the schedule for 시원오빠 would be...

Saturday (day before race) will be the qualifying round...

Sunday (day of race) morning will be the Main Race...and afternoon will be the Joint Race.

So all in all...시원오빠 would be racing three times just for that one race in that month unless he retires for that particular round. And on top of that, the practices itself pending his time schedule.

So for month of October race, he did not get the chance to practise much as full filming of Wedding.

Imagine playing the piano alone...we have to concentrate on our fingers and also our foot on the pedals... and on top of that our eyes on the notes and after that our fingers to flip the pages unless we do memory play... And like you, cynkawahara mentioned... both hands / fingers wanting to do the same thing and i must add "also refused to move apart..." :P

well...racing and playing the piano is kind of similar ... your feet on the pedals, your eyes on the road in front, side and back, your hands on the wheels and not forgetting you need one hand to change the gears (ah...manual) so with that extra changing gear.. very very stress.... The biggest stress is manuvering among all the rest of the speeding cars.. cause you are not alone on the track. At least for piano...yes we are alone on the piano.. no manuvering...

Good news is that ... seems he has put on a bit of weight this round. Must be the eating and eating and eating from Wedding drama... You noticed...there are a lot of eating in the drama. But he looks great having a bit weight on him.

PrinceinJacket.jpg

Guest cynkawahara

wow Rhapsody...just reading all the maneuvering involved in driving a race car and playing the piano, made my head spin!

That is why there are so many people with different talents. The world would be quite boring if we all were perfect in every aspect. Great rationalization, right? (in reality, that's the only way I can console myself.)

Therefore, now I know that RSW is good looking, can sing, can act and quite coordinated. I wonder if he can cook and clean and fix things around the house. Now if he can do that, he would be very good husband material!

Guest Rxgoodleaf

wow Rhapsody...just reading all the maneuvering involved in driving a race car and playing the piano, made my head spin!

That is why there are so many people with different talents. The world would be quite boring if we all were perfect in every aspect. Great rationalization, right? (in reality, that's the only way I can console myself.)

Therefore, now I know that RSW is good looking, can sing, can act and quite coordinated. I wonder if he can cook and clean and fix things around the house. Now if he can do that, he would be very good husband material!

Cyn?

Matchmaking?

Did I ever mention I am single and unattached at the moment? :D

Rxgoodleaf... wahh.. we have the same taste in men..

I never knew you like RSW...

He used to be my main man.. most favourite actor.. until some incident.

that broke my heart.. ^_^ .

I wanted to watch wedding.. can't find the sub..

I still think he's one of a kind actor... most talented actor.. the best..

too bad he didn't get the chance to try out other role. Most of the time

he gets the same old character..

I believe he can do wonders.. he proofed that in most of his dramas..

I love all his dramas except for secret (coz he didn't get the girl)..

And in BD .. I always think CJW should end up with him.

I love the scene when he said...

Omma.. it's not just min ji lost her mom.. I lost mine too..

and he has the most beautiful crying expression... he really into

every character.. blend with the character...

I miss him....

I think he was the best in Beautiful day...

I believe he the most underated actor..

I can just talk non stop about him....

wait .. I am gonna do some capping from BD..

Guest Rhapsody

Ready for the answer to your wonder question? Or maybe i should keep you in suspense... :P

hmmm....YES... he can cook. He is good in the kitchen and seems he learns quite a lot from his mom the chef in the family. Did you get his cook book? The original "A Delicious Temptation" in Korean was released back in July 1999. The same cook book was redone in Japanese and released in Japan 2004.

CookBookCover.jpgCookBookBack.jpg

The above is the Japanese version. Hoping they will reprint the korean version. :P

Guest Rhapsody

Cyn?

Matchmaking?

:P:P Okie Dokie...let's all take a "Q" number here... As you have seen him in Wedding...

he looks cool as a groom...

:P

Groom.jpg

imagine you are the one standing beside him, your gloved hand holding his arm gently

perfect.jpg

Ah...now imagine that dreamy look in his eyes...it is for you..

;)

dreamyglance.jpg

Guest cynkawahara

Cyn?

Matchmaking?

Yes, of course! I thought of you first since you mentioned that were lived in the same neighborhood as children. Then...(con't below)

:P:P Okie Dokie...let's all take a "Q" number here... As you have seen him in Wedding...

he looks cool as a groom...

Groom.jpg

I see Rhapsody's post and feel a bit guilty because she is the RSW expert here and deserves to be first in queue .....

HOWEVER, I become selfish and wonder "Age before beauty?" Ahhh...if that is the case this old lady will be first in line. Please note...as woman age we can become pretty pushy, since we don't have much time left.

j/k....I can dream!

Rxgoodleaf... wahh.. we have the same taste in men..

I never knew you like RSW...

He used to be my main man.. most favourite actor.. until some incident.

that broke my heart.. ^_^ .

You have aroused my curiosity...what incident broke your heart?

too bad he didn't get the chance to try out other role. Most of the time

he gets the same old character..

Did you see "Since we Met". I thought his character was a bit different.

Guest angelfan

Bambiina... cannot agree with you more on this......

sorry... can someone tell me how to cancel this post? :(

Guest angelfan

I love the scene when he said...

Omma.. it's not just min ji lost her mom.. I lost mine too..

every character.. blend with the character...

I miss him....

I think he was the best in Beautiful day...

I believe he the most underated actor..

yes... cannot agree more with you on this! :)

Guest angelfan

hmmm....YES... he can cook. He is good in the kitchen and seems he learns quite a lot from his mom the chef in the family. Did you get his cook book? The original "A Delicious Temptation" in Korean was released back in July 1999. The same cook book was redone in Japanese and released in Japan 2004.

CookBookCover.jpgCookBookBack.jpg

Rhapsody... actually... he said he seldom cooks as he's always so busy... but I do think he can cook well if he has the time! :PB)

Rhapsody... it's your new friend here! ;)

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Si Won cooks?! :blink:

I downloaded one of his MC show called Taste vs Taste...

There he is just a MC and not cook...

Good looking, Good Singer, Good Actor, Cool Hobby (NASCAR Racer), and now you tell me he COOKS!

I am soooo in line!!!

After Rhapsody, of course... ^^

Besides if one of the Ji Hoons beckons, I would be torn in between... :D

BTW, been downloading OSTs of RSW's Dramas...

Found 8 songs sung by Si Won from Purity and Beautiful Days...

Are there more Rhapsody?

I love this scene...

avseq011045664js.jpg

avseq011045912tw.jpg

Anyone need this MV? I could up lod... one of the best MV - JunJin Mo's song..

NOT Fan made..

ryu0059730xa.jpg

ryu0062830qm.jpg

Hi Bam!

Fancy meeting you here...

Yeah, you and me... EXCELLENT taste in men! ^^

Would you upload the MV?

Would appreciate it...

Guest Rhapsody

Good looking, Good Singer, Good Actor, Cool Hobby (NASCAR Racer), and now you tell me he COOKS!

I am soooo in line!!!

Yes...he knows how to cook. Afterall his mom is a good chef. Being on his own, it is much easier to eat out then cook since he is now engaged in singing, concerts, racing, and all.

Taste vs Taste is a food programme whereby he acts as an MC and Food Taster as well. He does not do any cooking on the show.

Are there more Rhapsody?

Hi Rxgoodleaf...

yes..

Sunlight Upon Me OST Track 5 - Suh Yak

Paper Crane OST Track 10

the rest would be from his own albums.

Rhapsody... actually... he said he seldom cooks as he's always so busy... but I do think he can cook well if he has the time! :PB)

Rhapsody... it's your new friend here! ;)

Yup...he no cook no more. He very much engaged in other schedules. Would be great to taste his personal cooking... :mellow:

I am soooo in line!!!

Are there more Rhapsody?

Hi Bam!

Fancy meeting you here...

Yeah, you and me... EXCELLENT taste in men! ^^

Would you upload the MV?

Would appreciate it...

Yes.. I will... just hope YSI love me tonite..

He sings.. he acts.. he cooks.. he drives fast car... and he has the softest heart...

I have a few collection of his taste vs tase show, interviews and some others..

I would gladly uplod if anyone interested...

I'm going out for a while.. be back....

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01YXMR8...BG0DPIV8PHRISNR

Rxgoodleaf - The MV.. as promised..

So glad I could return the favour (though not as much as you have done

to biers)... at least it's something..

Just let me know if you need - RSW mp3 (I have his dream CD) and

also his korean king cd (it's quite old)..

I'll uplod n pm you the link .. if you wann..

There's also a clip.. interview... I love him so much though

i can't understand what he's saying..

I'll make some cap.. an let me know if you don't have it..

I'll up lod.. and post here..

Archived