[official] Exile Thread

Guest fobbiyo

from tokyograph

Charts: The Kohaku Effect

Mon, January 7, 2008 (5:36pm EST)

At the start of each year, the singles sales charts sees a rush of older songs that regained in popularity due to performances at Kohaku Uta Gassen. This year the "Kohaku effect" was in full force, taking over the top three spots.

SMAP's "Dangan Fighter" likely needed no help from its Kohaku appearance, as it retained its #1 spot from two weeks ago. Masato Sugimoto's "Waremokou" jumped up four spots to #2, while Masafumi Akikawa's "Sen no Kaze ni Natte" climbed back into the top three.

Other songs that got a significant boost included Kobukuro's "Tsubomi" (from #46 to #15), Toshihide Baba's "Start Line ~ Atarashii Kaze" (from #141 to #40), Mika Nakashima's "LIFE" (from #94 to #59), and Ataru Nakamura's "Tomodachi no Uta" (from #144 to #63).

On the albums chart, Kobukuro stayed on top with "5296," which sold 455,000 copies over a two-week span. It barely edged out Ayumi Hamasaki's "GUILTY" (432,000 copies), which was at a disadvantage since it just went on sale on New Year's Day.

In #3 was EXILE's "EXILE LOVE," selling 315,000 copies. This puts its total sales at more than 1.23 million, making it the group's third million-seller. It is the first album to sell a million since Kumi Koda's "Black Cherry" reached that milestone in June of last year.

==========================

YATTA!!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest garnet_moon

^ The official site already reported 1.5 million shipped copies... So hmm there is only a little difference between shipped copies vs actual sales

As I've said, if no artist will beat EXILE LOVE's sales, it will be Avex the first yearly top album (in Oricon Charts) for the last 10 years. with this unexpected success, now we know why avex is milking more money from them

Guest fobbiyo

EXILE is the ORIGINAL singer of "song for you". 5566 and Boyz II Men covered that song.

Really? hahahah. Good! I like it when EXILE perform best. So much emotion. ahhhhh! I just love it.

I really hope no on beats EXILE for the yearly thing. I want them to be numero uno man. lol. Avex IS getting so much richer with EXILE. hahah. I wonder how much actually goes to them..

So theres no news about Matsu leaving soon right? :(

Guest fobbiyo

OKAY. Yess. That's GOOD news. I don't want him to leave :(

omg. I didn't watch all of the EVOLUTION LIVE TOUR 2007 yet, and just now when i was fixing my first post for this thread, I was watching No Other Man. OH MY GOSH. ATSUSHI WENT SHIRTLESS. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I almost died Gail. Seriously. I never knew Takahiro and Atsushi can dance. hahahah. I'm so late news. but yeah. I saw Atsushi's tattoo. Man.. was that HOT or WHAT!!! IT WAS SO UNEXPECTED WHEN HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT TOO.

Guest garnet_moon

That's why I love No Other Man perf most especially from the final night as the real NaNa appeared and performed with them *___*

I think Usa taught Takahiro how to dance ^^ as for Atsushi, he knows how to groove eversince...

Guest fobbiyo

Still sad about the final night ehh ? It's alright. hahahah. The performance was still hot. Man.. I would watch it over and over again if I didn't have to freaking STUDY :(

I wonder why they didn't choose the final night one. I mean.. it had ALL THE GOOD STUFF. like... LOST MOMENTS. LOL. :(

Guest garnet_moon

They included No Other Man from the final night in EXILE LOVE DVD. The one left out is Lost Moments but it will be on COLOR's DVD.

I just can't wait to watch the LOVE DVD.

Btw, If I heard it correctly, Matsu's father passed away while EXILE was doing EVOLUTION concert, didn't he? :tears: How did he pass away?

Guest garnet_moon

^ Yes his dad passed away last May at the beginning of EXILE's live tour (If I'm not mistaken I posted that fact here) He died of illness (don't ask me what kind as I don't know) XD That's why One Love performance is dedicated for Matsu's dad also sayonara in EXILE LOVE is dedicated for him.

Guest fobbiyo

Omg. Poor Matsu. He's going through so much.. So sad..

I guess it makes sense to put Lost Moments into COLOR's dvd, since it's their song. :T

qnuy: Your DVD came already? when did you order it ?

Gail, did the final night have Atsushi taking off his shirt too O_O ? wait.. Didn't ALL of them take off their clothes? :w00t:

Guest garnet_moon

lyly >> yeap Atsushi removed his shirt too in the final night No Other Man plus he threw his sunglass to the audience. He was the only one who removed his top clothing. As for others they are the same like in the Yokohama one but the difference is NaNa was there on the final night. I'm still amazed how good NaNa can dance.

Atsushi posted the dedication of sayonara at their mobile blogs.

Rofl I can't help but to laugh at Takahiro when the show talks about food he really can't resist not to eat XD we are on the same boat as I love eating too XD

fobbiyo: I ordered it on HMV, they are having a discount now so I can get it cheaper. It should be arriving today because it was shipped last Sunday and I used EMS. It usually takes two or three days to arrive. LOL! I can't help giggling reading your craziness over the shirtless Atsushi. But yeah, I agreed with you, HE'S HOT!!!

garnet_moon: is it possible to access their mobile blogs?

Guest garnet_moon

Nope you can't access it as you need to have a Japanese cellphone + presently in Japan to be able to access it. Hmm.. I just be able to read their entries as most Japanese fans spread the word in their sites ^^ I'm thinking of joining their fanclub but I don't have enough money to pay the fees XD (as another way to access their blogs is through their FC exclusive site)

Yeah your copy should already arrive as HMV only ships 2-3 days (have you tracked it?)

I haven't tracked it, but I'm sure it will arrive today. HMV never fail me before ^^

I actually want to ask my friend in Japan to represent me as their fanclub member, but she's leaving Japan this April T_T

Guest fobbiyo

Wow. It comes THAT fast? in 3 days. I'm impressed. hahahah.

Man. I want to watch Atsushi take off his shirt again. Actually, I'm going to watch it RIGHT NOW. OMG.. It just KEEPS ON GETTING HOTTTTTTTTTER. What does his tattoo say? Really? Atsushi knew how to dance a long time ago? hahahah. HOW SWEEET Usa teaching Takahiro how to dance. I wonder was he tired when he did all of his karate kicks. LOL. He looked so cute at the end of his kicking. When he was smiling!! Akira with his.. HAT dancing move. Man. that was cool. hahah. Such great dancers. They are SUCH an distraction when it comes to school. During class I was smiling because the thought of Atsushi being shirtless was running through my mind, I was smiling like an IDIOT. My friend thought I was creepy. hahahahah.

qnuy: Where did you find that picture of Takahiro is your avvie ?

Guest garnet_moon

Atsushi's tattoos:

On Atsushi's back: "EVOLUTION"

On his chest: "I'm gentle and convey true love"

Plus some symbols....

Takahiro has been doing karate for more than 12 years so those kicks were just a piece of cake for him XD

fobbiyo: I found that avatar here. You can find bunches of yummy pictures of Takahiro there ^^

garnet_moon: hahaha....I love knowing what's written on Atsushi's chest. He's a romantic guy, isn't he?

How about Takahiro's tattoos? I was shocked when I first saw tattoos on his arms. With that kawaii look of his, I didn't expect to see any tattoos on him, but then they give manly side to perfect his gorgeous look hehehe...

btw, I got my EVOLUTION and LOVE album last wednesday but I haven't watched the dvd yet. My friends and i are planning to watch it together (and we're also planning to go to a karaoke and sing all EXILE's songs in the list this saturday lol!)

Archived