[official] Exile Thread

Guest fobbiyo

From 7 to 14 members. JSB added. "THE MONSTER" TOUR

about EXILE.

エグザイル (Eguzairu)

- Was Formally named J Soul Brothers in 1999 but later renamed EXILE in 2001.

- Had their first album in 2002.

- Had a member name SHUN. But he left the group to become a soloist. Is later replaced by Takahiro.

- created by HIRO.

- Is under AVEX ENTERTAINMENT with it's sub-label RHYTHM ZONE.

- Went from a 7 members group to a 14 members group.

(For more info, scroll down)

exileastushiprofilecopy.jpg

exiletakahiroprofilecopy.jpg

exilehiroprofilecopy.jpg

exilematsuprofilecopy.jpg

exilemakidaiprofilecopy.jpg

exileusaprofilecopy.jpg

exileakiraprofilecopy.jpg

-

-

EXILE's DISCOGRAPHY

__OFFICIAL ALBUMS:

(2002/03/06) Our Style
| Sales: 291,000 |

(2003/02/13) Styles Of Beyond
| Sales: 430,00 |

(2003/12/03) EXILE ENTERTAINMENT
| sales: 1,170,600 |

(2006/03/29) ASIA | sales: 519,757 |

(2007/03/07) EXILE EVOLUTION | sales: 738,466 |

(2007/12/12) EXILE LOVE
| sales: 1,469,946|

__BEST OF ALBUMS:

(2005/01/01) Single Best
| sales: N/A |

(2005/01/01) Select Best
| sales: N/A |

(2005/01/01) Perfect Best | sales: 1,438,889 |

(2008/03/26) Exile Catchy Best | sales: 1,218,750 |

(2008/07/23) Exile Entertainment Best | sales: 606,751 |

(2008/12/03) Exile Ballad Best | sales: 943,901 | *first week sale*

__________SINGLES:

(2001/09/27) Your Eyes Only ~曖昧なぼくの輪郭~

(2001/12/12) Style

(2002/02/02) Fly Away

(2002/04/17) Song For You

(2002/08/07) Cross ~Never Say Die~

(2003/02/05) We Will ~あの場所で~

(2003/05/28) Breezin' ~Together~

(2003/07/09) Let Me Luv U Down ft. Zebra & Maccho

(2003/11/06) Choo Choo Train

(2003/11/12) Eternal

(2003/11/19) ki・zu・na

(2003/11/27) O'ver

(2004/05/12) Carry On

(2004/06/30) Real World

(2004/08/18) Heart Of Gold

(2004/12/01) Hero

(2005/08/24) Exit

(2005/12/14) ただ…逢いたくて

(2006/03/01) YES!

(2006/12/06) Everything

(2007/01/17) Lovers Again

(2007/02/14) Michi

(2007/05/16) Summer Time Love

(2007/08/29) 時の描片 ~トキノカケラ~/ 24Karats -type EX-

(2007/11/21) I Believe

(2008/02/27) Pure/You're My Sunshine

(2008/09/24) The Birthday ~Ti Amo~

(2008/11/26) Last Christmas

(2009.02.17
)
THE NEXT DOOR (Digital Single)

Collaborations:

(2003/07/09) Let Me Luv U Down ft. Zebra & Maccho

(2005/07/20) SCREAM [EXILExGLAY]

(2006/11/22) Won't Be Long [EXILExKoda Kumi]

Official DVDs:

Y e a r 2 0 0 8: "The Perfect Year"

-
Ballad Best first week sales ended at 943,901 units. It is on the top 5 of the all time highest first week units sold perf week.

- EXILE broke the record of having 3 number 1 albums in a year. It has been 9 years since an artist was able to achieve the feat and 20 years since a male group achieve it. The last male group was Boowy.

- Lovers Again is the number 2 for Karaoke Ranking while EXILE grabbed the top artist slot for the most requested artist on karaoke.

- EXILE LOVE ended as the top album for 2008 with 1.4 million sales.

- EXILE became this year's top selling artist with 5.2 million units sold and approximately 19.58 billion yen total sales.

credits: Garnet_moon aka Glacial @ EXILE FANTASY LAND

Source:

Oricon Style news for 3 number 1 albums of the year

Oricon Style news for Karaoke ranking 2008

2008 Album Rankings

Oricon 2008 top artist for 2008 based on sales

----------------

NEWS ON THE NEWLY FORMED GROUP:

During the press conference, HIRO announced that EXILE will now add 7

more members. The 7 new members are from J Soul Brothers. So starting

today, EXILE and J Soul Brothers are merged into one super group having

14 members.

They will release a single on April as a super group entitled: "The Monster ~Someday~" Also on May they will start their tour entitled: EXILE LIVE TOUR 2009 "THE MONSTER" They will still continue their EXILE GENERATION as their 2009 theme.

------------------

about J Soul Brothers

- Created by HIRO in 1999

-
Its major debut was accomplished with SASA as the vocalist and HIRO as the main dance performer; the other performers were MATSU, USA and MAKIDAI.

- In 2001, Sasa retires and HIRO renames the group as EXILE.

- In 2007, HIRO remakes J Soul Brothers and debuted the newly formed group during EXILE 2007 LIVE TOUR "EXILE EVOLUTION" FINAL SUMMER TIME LOVE.

- has 7 members

2e3o7kw.jpg

2vmcxnr.jpg

- will be edited-

------------------

"THE MONSTER" TOUR Schedule:

5/9 - 5/10 Miyagi @ Hot House Super Arena

5/13 - 5/14 Osaka @ Osaka Jou Hall

5/17- 5/18 Aichi @ Nihon Gaishi Hall

5/23 - 5/24 Hiroshima @ Hiroshima Green Arena

6/3 - 6/4 Kanagawa @ Yokohama Arena

6/6 - 6/7 Kanagawa @ Yokohama Arena

6/13 - 6/14 Hokkaido @ Mokama nai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena

6/20 - 6/21 Niigata @ Toki Messe

6/26 - 6/27 - 6/28 Fukuoka @ Marine Messe

7/3 - 7/4 - 7/5 Aichi @ Nihon Gaishi Hall

7/8 - 7/9 Osaka @ Osaka Jou Hall

7/11 - 7/12 Osaka @ Osaka Jou Hall

7/29 - 7/30 Tokyo @ Kokuritsu Yoyogi kyougijou

8/1 - 8/2 Tokyo @ Kokuritsu Yoyogi kyougijou

credits to: EX-IT, EXILE Fantasy Land & EXILE official website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE EXILE. However, I didn't get to know them until they dueted with Koda Kumi and then got that new adorable-looking member, TAKAHIRO. Their songs are really good, always catchy and stuff. I love their new single too. The beginning of the song with the "no sh!t" is so amusing. *lol*

I sort of consider them the older versions of hip-hop/R&B boy bands. *lol*

Guest garnet_moon

Takahiro :blush: LOL I've been a fan of him a few weeks after he won the auditions :D :D (But I've known EXILE for quite some long time... 2004)

We have an EXILE fanblog called: EX-IT

Please visit the blog!!!

Guest rlyn_xen

I've loved EXILE since the beginning! Their genre used to be more J-Soul, not R&B. However, as they get more and more mainstream, they've been really really POP, especially after Takahiro replaced Shun. I preferred the original EXILE, but Takahiro is getting better and better by the day, and their POP songs are pretty catchy, though nothing's better than the songs from the good old days. The dance routine back then was more powerful also, IMO.

If you haven't, you should check out the "Fly Away" PV. It was the song that got me hooked on them. ^^ EXILE ganbare~

Guest garnet_moon

^ You should have watched the EVOLUTION Live tour... Takahiro really improved there (since I have watched him from his audition days > present time)

(not that I'm biased, but he really improved)

^ You should have watched the EVOLUTION Live tour... Takahiro really improved there (since I have watched him from his audition days > present time)

Ahahaha, I don't pay attention to EXILE that much, so EVOLUTION Live tour...?

I saw their EXILE Vocal Battle Audition 2006 ASIAN DREAM video though when they were selecting their candidates. TAKAHIRO was soooo young-looking back then. Like he got a huge makeover too. Ahahaha.

Guest garnet_moon

I saw their EXILE Vocal Battle Audition 2006 ASIAN DREAM video though when they were selecting their candidates. TAKAHIRO was soooo young-looking back then. Like he got a huge makeover too. Ahahaha.

LOL he was 21 when he joined the auditions :D and yeah he got a makeover but not that much... hmm... just the videos/clips during the audition didn't give justice to his look LOL

Guest rlyn_xen

Yeah, he's been getting better. I don't like it when he sings with his nasal voice though. I remember the first live performance he did. He looked so nervous while Atsushi looked so calm. And he kept closing his eyes, trying to concentrate to sing. It was cute, but if I'm not mistaken, I think he made a mistake then, and a bunch of people online totally criticized him. =(

Ahhh.. I really want to go to Japan and watch their concert LIVE!! ^^

OMG.. where did you guys watch the EVOLUTION live tour?! I want to watch it too! I've been a fan not too long ago actually. hahah. I liked them because of Dongwan O_o

I didn't really like their song with Koda Kumi THAT much. it was alright for me. The song that got me hooked in them was "Song For You" Sadly, its not on youtube anymore! ARG! Hows that possible?!

I'm SO GLAD that theres EXILE fans. :DDD because when I made this thread.. no one even replied. SAD! They're soo talented.

I prefer Shun or Takahiro. BUT he isn't bad either ;) PRETTY good actually!

Anyone heard their new single? Its pretty good! and it was on the orion charts too..

Toki no Kakera / 24karats -type EX --- is the name! hahaha. I have like.. 30 of their songs :T ONLY! I want more! arg.

oh yeah.. Their song .. "Lost Moments" ft. COLOR is ALSO AWESOMENESS. Check it outtt!

Guest garnet_moon

I don't like it when he sings with his nasal voice though. I remember the first live performance he did. He looked so nervous while Atsushi looked so calm. And he kept closing his eyes, trying to concentrate to sing. It was cute, but if I'm not mistaken, I think he made a mistake then, and a bunch of people online totally criticized him. =(

>> yeap he really flopped during his first tv live perf... Hmm.. Takahiro said he has stage frights and he used up all his courage to perform in the final night of the vocal battle audition... LOL I still find it funny when he was asked why he joined the auditions. His answer was he wants an autograph from Atsushi for his Unmei no Hito cd :lol:

OMG.. where did you guys watch the EVOLUTION live tour?! I want to watch it too! I've been a fan not too long ago actually. hahah. I liked them because of Dongwan O_o

I didn't really like their song with Koda Kumi THAT much. it was alright for me. The song that got me hooked in them was "Song For You" Sadly, its not on youtube anymore! ARG! Hows that possible?!

I'm SO GLAD that theres EXILE fans. :DDD because when I made this thread.. no one even replied. SAD! They're soo talented.

I prefer Shun or Takahiro. BUT he isn't bad either ;) PRETTY good actually!

Anyone heard their new single? Its pretty good! and it was on the orion charts too..

Toki no Kakera / 24karats -type EX --- is the name! hahaha. I have like.. 30 of their songs :T ONLY! I want more! arg.

oh yeah.. Their song .. "Lost Moments" ft. COLOR is ALSO AWESOMENESS. Check it outtt!

I rarely visit this section in Soompi (because I was only browsing at the Clazziquai and 8eight's thread here) so I didn't notice this one.. But I'm a big fan of Takahiro (ever since the audition days xD) but I discovered EXILE last 2004 during their performance in a-nation '04 and since then I've been listening to them...

I just wish people will stop comparing Shun from Takahiro simply because Takahiro is Takahiro and Shun is Shun xD

:crazy: at Dongwan's versions of EXILE songs... The originals are far better!!!!

me too I don't like Won't Be Long with Kumi (because I don't like Kumi LOL)

I saw the Evolution Live tour at my TV when it was broadcasted and downloaded the video on Jpopsuki trackers :D Yeap I've heard their latest single and I love it

Ohhh yeah I love Lost Moments too *_____*

Anyway, me and my friends formed a subbing group for EXILE and we just released our first project

Check it out at: EX-IT at Finalequinox.net

Guest rlyn_xen

LOL. I remember when they announced the audition, I wanted to join too, but they only accept guys. TT_TT I would want to get Atsushi's autograph too. LOL. He's so hot!

Anyway, me and my friend always talk about how we're gonna go to Japan and work at LDH (Exile's management company). My friend would even settle for a janitor job! HAHAHA..

Oh yeah, DongWan's version of SCREAM was.. uhh.. no comment. When I was watching his live performance, words can't even describe how I felt. It sucks because I love ShinHwa, but I think DongWan should stick to singing ballads. His voice is more fit to do that. I got kinda annoyed though when everyone praised his performance, and then I posted that people should check out the original version. HAHA I'm so biased.

Also, for Won't Be Long.. I love the song, but Koda Kumi's voice is just irritating after a while. Add to that, her over the top dancing.. ON Atsushi!! Did you guys watch that performance, I think it was at the end of the 2006 year, when they performed it live. Her skirt was like 5 inches long, and she kept trying to dance with Atsushi, but he kept avoiding her. HAHA.. it was so funny! She would turn around to dance with him, and he'll do a turn and walk away. ^^

^ That's cool! When I watch EXILE clips online, there's never any subs for it. I'll check out your site later! ^^

Guest garnet_moon

^ I saw it! It was I think on Japan Records Awards 2006 / Rhythm Nation 2006 (LOL both are from the year ender music special) ^^;; I laughed at it too because of Kumi's failed attempt to lure Atsushi

Me too I want to work in LDH (So that I'll see Takahiro everyday LOOOOOL)

Guest cyberfruit

The only song I've heard by them is "CHOO CHOO TRAIN" and that was back when it was debuted on Hey!x3 in '03. I love that song so freaking much; It's practically a staple on my ipod.

I've loved EXILE since the beginning! Their genre used to be more J-Soul, not R&B. However, as they get more and more mainstream, they've been really really POP, especially after Takahiro replaced Shun. I preferred the original EXILE, but Takahiro is getting better and better by the day, and their POP songs are pretty catchy, though nothing's better than the songs from the good old days. The dance routine back then was more powerful also, IMO.

If you haven't, you should check out the "Fly Away" PV. It was the song that got me hooked on them. ^^ EXILE ganbare~

LOL

Same here!!! I've watched EXILE singing Fly Away at PopJam and I got all excited cuz the song was so good :D

Their songs are the best! I never get tired of them!

Guest raindrops

Lovers Again ! <3 THAT SONGS WOULD HAVE TO ROCK MY JPOP LISTS ^^

Go download it everyone, its really soft and flowy...

can someone share with me which other ones are like that one?

---rainie*

Guest fobbiyo

HRM!

raindrops: THAT SONG IS GOOD HUHHh! haha. I'm not really sure if any song is similar to that.. If I know, I'd get back to you! Maybe you'll like their other songs? ;) its not bad either!

I have Lovers Again -finalist version- its super duper long. ITS 9 MINUTES. whoa. Its good though. Its nice to hear every body that auditioned voices. haha. I love it.

rlyn_xen & garnet_moon : OMg. IT WASN'T THAT BAD. But, I agree. The original is far more better. Ughh.. I'm getting kinda sick of Dongwan singing the same old ballad song. Scream is just a little kick in a boring life :D When I first saw Scream, I was quite amazed :D I thought "GLAY x Exile" was the same group. LMAO. SILLY ME.

omgg.. Lost Moments just blew my socks away when I first heard it. ATSUSHI is JUST TOO FREAKING GOOD! omg. I really do love them. They're soo awesome! DANG. I wish I had EXILE on MY tv :tears::tears::tears:

HAHAHAH.. KUMI TRIED TO SEDUCE ATSUSHI? LOL!!! Thats hilarious :D Luckily he didn't get all.. touchy. She should have went to one of the backup dancers ;D lol. Those performers. hahaha. funny funny.

I'm SO glad theres more fans of EXILE. More people should see how talented these guys are. :P

OMG. SUBBED EXILE STUFF? I'll go check it out RIGHT NOW. :D -- Is it okay if I advertised your site in my signature? ;D :)

Guest garnet_moon

^ Sure!!!! It's a pleasure for me.. LOL maybe I should do my part in advertising that fanblog... I regularly update it so all the latest about EXILE are in that blog so it might be good to check that out (I hope we can find some more staffs for our fanblog/subbing project)

In case you didn't know, Lovers Again won as Best Group Video in MTV Japan's Music Video Award this year (I forgot the date), then EXILE won as Best Dance Group also in MTV Japan's Student's Voice Award recently.

Yes I have the Lovers Again Finalist version (well I have the whole final night audition dvd) and it's freaking long because they repeat the same stanzas

Still I don't like Dongwan's version..

So pissed off that EXILE didn't choose the final concert as the one being filmed for the DVD :angry: It has the Lost Moments performance!!!! (and well it is longer than the Yokohama one)

Oh yes Kumi seduced Atsushi hahahaha!!!! You should watch the Hey3x episode where Akira was pointed out in peeping Kuu <_<

Guest rlyn_xen

^ LOL. I love that clip. The next time they performed, he totally looked everywhere but her behind. It was so funny!

Man, I really need to listen to this Lost Moments song. Must be really good, huh?

raindrops: You can try Michi. It's definitely awesome! And for some older ballads, I would go with Song For You, Your Eyes Only, Eternal..., M&A, Maybe Tomorrow. Those are some of my favorites.. And Tada Aitakute was really popular too.

Ahh.. now I remember the last concert they did with Shun, and they were singing Song For You. At the part where Atsushi was supposed to sing "Kimi wa hitori ja nai yo.. Bokura ga koko ni iru yo" (You are not alone. I am here.), he completely broke down and started crying like a little kid. Poor baby! I was totally crying too. TT_TT

Anyway, do you guys think if they come up with a girl version of EXILE, would it be as successful as EXILE? I'm asking this because LDH was holding auditions back in July and August, but I haven't heard of anything else, and the audition page hasn't been updated in a while.

EDIT: Never mind. They do have a new girl group out. Hopefully they won't be dropped like Paradise Go Go. =_="

Guest garnet_moon

Well EXILE ballads are really good, you should try: Tada Aitakute, Michi, Heart of Gold, Song for you, Unmei no Hito ~orchestra version~, Yell, and mid-tempo ballads like One Love and Toki no Kakera

Yeah I was crying too while watching the Perfect ~Asia Live Tour~ T___T Poor Atsushi (He must already know by then that it is Shun's last concert)

Does anyone here have watched, EXILE's 6 nen me no shinjitsu (EXILE's 6 years of truth)? it is a really sad documentary about EXILE :( Matsu revealed that he has an incurable disease (he already lost his left eye vision) and he is undergoing chemotheraphy. Also on that documentary, that showed the clips from the audition, Shun's decision to go on solo, and Atsushi having vocal polyps... In that documentary also, Atsushi sang his solo song called Inori (which now will be released as a movie theme song)

Another Atsushi crying in a concert moment was during the final Evolution concert... T___T When EXILE finished singing, Atsushi said something like, " Takahiro good going" and they hugged each other for a while. and then Atsushi cried and said: " Takahiro worked really hard in this 4 month's pressure and I want to praise him for that" and Takahiro started crying in those words. And EXILE continued singing "Michi" but Takahiro couldnt sing, he was crying and Atsushi was crying the whole time too. So sad that this event won't be seen on the latest dvd (translated and taken from a Japanese fanblog who watched the final night concert xP)

:crazy: for choosing the Yokohama one instead of the Tokyo one

Archived