Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest synergyz

You *do* know that FF13 is also for X360 right? Seems like everyone is treating as if FF13 is PS3 exclusive lol. According to reviews, there is *ZERO* graphical differences between FF13 on Xbox and PS3

yea if your blind

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peppermintsugar

The game looks beautiful on the 360 anyways, so I don't really care. Since there isn't a single other game worth playing on the PS3 (in my opinion), it'd be silly to get one JUST because this game is a bit prettier on it.

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I'm gonna buy it for my PS3. I guess all the games that usually goes out for only Play Station products are going for almost all consoles. I wonder why? But anywho, since it's on Blue-ray i think the HD quiality would be awesome.

Guest leaves_of_mint

Got the game in the first day.

I'm already in chapter 8, I love it, but it's lacking.

Lucky~ I wish i did....

How is it lacking? I think it's amazing

Guest papasmurf

You *do* know that FF13 is also for X360 right? Seems like everyone is treating as if FF13 is PS3 exclusive lol. According to reviews, there is *ZERO* graphical differences between FF13 on Xbox and PS3

PS 3 version has better texture, since it's full 1080p whereas 360 is a little washed up, up close. This is caused by using DVD where Blue-ray has an advantage of memory capacity. It's not really noticeable? here's a link

watch it in 720p and u'll actually notice something different. however this doesn't really effect the gameplay, since it's fast paced enough to not care about the graphics. it looks beautiful on both of the consoles.

I've heard FF 13 was disappointing compare to its previous FF series. I was planning to buy this week, but i guess not anymore. <_<

did anyone get in beta for FF14? from what I know it started on march 11th

I forgot about this until you mentioned it lol. I signed up and everything, sent in my comp specs but haven't got a reply.

Guest synergyz

PS 3 version has better texture, since it's full 1080p whereas 360 is a little washed up, up close. This is caused by using DVD where Blue-ray has an advantage of memory capacity. It's not really noticeable? here's a link
watch it in 720p and u'll actually notice something different. however this doesn't really effect the gameplay, since it's fast paced enough to not care about the graphics. it looks beautiful on both of the consoles.

I've heard FF 13 was disappointing compare to its previous FF series. I was planning to buy this week, but i guess not anymore. <_<

also having to switch discs for 360 and the increased loading time

Guest peppermintsugar

I think the game is excellent, and I don't really even care for RPG's that much.

also having to switch discs for 360 and the increased loading time

I never really understood the complaint of switching disks. Oh no, you have to take two seconds to switch a disk! lol

Guest papasmurf

I think the game is excellent, and I don't really even care for RPG's that much.

hmm maybe it's because it's different from previous RPG style, but i'm glad you like it, i couldn't decide since there were mixed opinion about it

Guest Kui4eva

Does Lightning have a love interest in ff13? I like to play a game with a little romance in it. I really like Lightning's haircut.

Does Lightning have a love interest in ff13? I like to play a game with a little romance in it. I really like Lightning's haircut.

She does not, but Snow and Serah (Lightning's sister) are engaged. There's a bit of drama between Snow and Hope too. It has a really good story, and a bit of drama in there if you're into that. :)

Guest SilentScreamerS

The game looks beautiful on the 360 anyways, so I don't really care. Since there isn't a single other game worth playing on the PS3 (in my opinion), it'd be silly to get one JUST because this game is a bit prettier on it.

what about final fantasy versus xiii? :D

Guest Velocitii

I never really understood the complaint of switching disks. Oh no, you have to take two seconds to switch a disk! lol

are you crazy? i'm not getting off my couch to walk 10 feet and switching discs with my nasty dorito crusted fingers, thats just unsanitary

are you crazy? i'm not getting off my couch to walk 10 feet and switching discs with my nasty dorito crusted fingers, thats just unsanitary

=o= What about your controller LOLLL. Isn't your controller all dirty then too?

Guest peppermintsugar

what about final fantasy versus xiii? :D

Meh. Not that interested to be honest XD It's difficult for me to find the motivation to invest 30+ hours into any game, really, so FF's especially are usually right off of the list!

I agree with the other guy, I'm scared to see your controller!

My boyfriend and I joked about how sweaty and exhausted he was from walking five feet to the 360 lolol

Guest papasmurf

does that mean u crap on your couch because ur bathroom is more than 10 feet away? ewwww anyways i bought this game, still unopened...should i open it or should i return it back?

P.S. apparently Final Fantasy XIII is freezing on PS3/Xbox 360 for those unfortunate ones and damages your console physically.

Guest tomster

It's supposed to turn into the most difficult FF to date.

Boyfriend has been playing it and it looks really fun. Reminds me of FFX (my favorite). I'll probably play it if I don't end up watching him go through the entire thing.

Lol yeah, I realized the battle system got a bit more complicated when I got the paradigm shifts.....

So far I've only played 10 hours and I had to switch a disk after about 9 hours! How long is this game supposed to be...?

Maybe it's just me but I find some of the cutscenes to be rather pointless. I know they worked on this game for years but everything feels a bit rushed and unorganized...

And who else here finds Sazh really annoying? I thought he'd fit the funny black guy stereotype but his character is such a burden, lmao.

Archived