Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest ~fantasygurl~

What's wrong with Rinoa?! T-T Sure she could be annoying at times but she had a lot of charm and character, keke.

I'm semi-excited for FFXIII. The battle system looks very promising and the graphics are perfect imo. I like that they're trying to take a different approach.. I wonder what it'll feel like without any towns. I keep hearing it's too "linear" but wasn't Final Fantasy X pretty linear? I'm not too fond of the cast though. Almost all of them except for Lightning, look like characters that were scrapped or recycled lmao. I read an interview where it was stated that Lightning is not meant to be like Cloud and I'm GLAD because Cloud is so annoying and emo.

Rinoa was the only girl who was actually true with her feelings in the whole series of final fantasy but thats what i think

FF8 WAS the bomb because the love story in there was the only real thing that made me fall in love with final fantasy in the first place and their love story was by far the greatest i view in final fantasy because the other love stories didnt really have much meaning it was like he liked her oh ok good ending but FF8 showed more love in the game than i ever imagined

Anyone who thought rinoa was annyoing must be really blind because a girl like her should be out there more but yea she can be what kinda girl u wanna call her but still she stood out more than the rest of the characters i known

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rinoa was the only girl who was actually true with her feelings in the whole series of final fantasy but thats what i think

FF8 WAS the bomb because the love story in there was the only real thing that made me fall in love with final fantasy in the first place and their love story was by far the greatest i view in final fantasy because the other love stories didnt really have much meaning it was like he liked her oh ok good ending but FF8 showed more love in the game than i ever imagined

Anyone who thought rinoa was annyoing must be really blind because a girl like her should be out there more but yea she can be what kinda girl u wanna call her but still she stood out more than the rest of the characters i known

Even though FF8 is my favourite FF, I still don't like Rinoa. :] I should mention, I don't really like love stories, neither. I love FF8 for how it didn't really focus on the ideal couple. They were worlds apart and Squall had more important matters, I adored that. (: So when my ideal story was in danger of getting ruined by a love story which was hinted at throughout, I wasn't too keen on the girl who started it all! ;D

Ofc, there were certain moments throughout the game which I aw'd at. (I'll not mention which for danger of spoilers) and ofc, a lot of memorable scenes including Squall and Rinoa. She helped make the game what it was, but, her character... nuh-uh. She had a very good character design, I'll give her that. (:

I didn't know there was so many Rinoa lovers! ;]

I might order the Japanese version of 13, since I hear the price has went down a great deal. I wonder if that'll effect how much it's gonna cost me to order it over here... --""

Guest tomster

@ Jaeka

Well it makes complete sense that you don't like Rinoa since you ship Quistis x Squall, lmao. I'll give you brownie points for liking her character design though, nobody can deny she's gorgeous. :) As for her character.. I honestly think she's had one of the best, if not the best personality of any FF heroine. Like ~fantasygurl~ said, she was true to her feelings, spoke what she felt, and a lot of her choices and actions were contradicting, which is what made her seem so real. At times in the game, you question her decisions but you realize she's only trying to do her best. She could be hard-headed and feisty but at the same time she was actually just a friendly, compassionate, and ambitious person who was only trying to achieve her goal, which is to see others around her happy. That's what made her so charming, something a lot of the new FF heroines lack; many of their personalities seem generic and bounded to their looks or class as a character.

But meh, that's just me. I'm Rinoa's self proclaimed #1 fan so I had to defend her and give my two cents. :P

@ Jaeka

Well it makes complete sense that you don't like Rinoa since you ship Quistis x Squall, lmao. I'll give you brownie points for liking her character design though, nobody can deny she's gorgeous. :) As for her character.. I honestly think she's had one of the best, if not the best personality of any FF heroine. Like ~fantasygurl~ said, she was true to her feelings, spoke what she felt, and a lot of her choices and actions were contradicting, which is what made her seem so real. At times in the game, you question her decisions but you realize she's only trying to do her best. She could be hard-headed and feisty but at the same time she was actually just a friendly, compassionate, and ambitious person who was only trying to achieve her goal, which is to see others around her happy. That's what made her so charming, something a lot of the new FF heroines lack; many of their personalities seem generic and bounded to their looks or class as a character.

But meh, that's just me. I'm Rinoa's self proclaimed #1 fan so I had to defend her and give my two cents. :P

Haha, no hard feelings. :] Yay for brownie points ;)

This is like the most active I've seen this thread! Haha jkjk~

When you talk about Rinoa like that, I must say, I've never really looked at it that way... (: But yea, I'm a fan of her design. (: I thought her appearence was very original~

> Hee

Quisitis is like marmite to some! You either love her or you hate her :') I loved Quistis. Part of it might be down to her limit break ... :')

Guest tomster

I actually liked Quistis a lot too. I think she's the best looking blonde in FF so far with the exception of Rikku who was really cute and Beatrix who was badass. She seems to have been forgotten though.. haven't really seen/heard of her outside of FFVIII at all. They should put her in Kingdom Hearts.. even Selphie is in it and it doesn't seem like she has a big fanbase. :T

Guest Kui4eva

I don't like Quistis that much. For some reason, I don't like female blondes. I like all dark haired female characters in Final Fantasy. Lightning is the only blonde female character I like in Final Fantasy though.

Guest tomster

I don't like Quistis that much. For some reason, I don't like female blondes. I like all dark haired female characters in Final Fantasy. Lightning is the only blonde female character I like in Final Fantasy though.

But doesn't Lightning have pink hair or are my eyes mistakened!? LOL..

I usually don't like blondes that much either but the FF blondies are an exception, haha.

Guest miss wonderland

i think camilla belle and rinoa look alike, the eyebrows :D

i really liked squall and rinoa, their ballroom dance scene was cute

i'll share a video with what will probably be my next favorite couple in final fantasy

not sure if they're officially a couple in the game though

Stella and Noctis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAqvS7-eow

Guest tomster

FFXIII seems really Kingdom Hearts-ish, which though I don't think is bad, but I would rather have the classic system. and if you have time you might want to check out this. It makes FFVIII seem more realistic.

I think the new battle system looks a bit fancier and upgraded from FFXII.

I stopped reading about halfway because I can't really remember the story well anyway, lol.. it seems like a good interpretation though.

i think camilla belle and rinoa look alike, the eyebrows :D

i really liked squall and rinoa, their ballroom dance scene was cute

i'll share a video with what will probably be my next favorite couple in final fantasy

not sure if they're officially a couple in the game though

Stella and Noctis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAqvS7-eow

Ah yeah I used to follow Camilla Belle just because of that but I stopped when I realized it was just the dark eyebrows haha.

I think Stella looks like an elf. Her ears look a bit out of place to me. Noctis looks like your typical emo. :T

Yeah, Lightning's hair is pink.

absolutely. all cosplayer change their hair color to pink when it comes to Lightning cosplay.

she has definitely pink hair,

Guest Tubuchu

I am so addicted to Final Fantasy XI

I really like this game better than any other final fantasy game and I have no idea why.

I hope they make a remake of it with better graphics and all

* u * b

I know that was super random but yay.

Guest Kui4eva

Final Fantasy 14 looks really cool! I like the lead guy. He's really cute in his knight shining armor. I can't wait to play that someday.

^well ff14 is supposed to come out this year, another online mmo

yeah it´s almost crazy how square enix releases games so many games!

They probably never get sleep, I mean think about kh birth by sleep, the little projects for nintendo ds,

the fact that it´s ff13 and ff 13 versus, and so on, this year square enix really wants to defeat everyone XDD

Guest Kui4eva

Final Fantasy 14 looks awesome! The male lead is really good looking! I would like to play this game too. I wonder who is his leading lady.

Archived