Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest darkboy

i just pre-ordered my copy of the limited edition FFXIII for the PS3 today, I CANT WAIT!!!

but first, i need to get myself a PS3, *sigh* why cant they invent a "one machine play all" console.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just pre-ordered my copy of the limited edition FFXIII for the PS3 today, I CANT WAIT!!!

but first, i need to get myself a PS3, *sigh* why cant they invent a "one machine play all" console.

waaaai envyyyyyy><

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

I doubt it because the 360 version has limited space. It wouldn't make sense if the PS3 version had that option while the 360 didn't. So it's dual track for neither.

This pretty much confirms it.

An Interview With Final Fantasy XIII’s Kitase And Toriyama – PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Is there a specific reason why Japanese voices were left out of the game?

For the European version, the facial expressions and lip syncronisation are all lined up with the English lines, so the Japanese voices would not match up right. That was the main worry.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/02/08/...e-and-toriyama/

This is old news:

$400 FFXIII 250GB Xbox 360 bundle officially official

http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx1...tml?sid=6250294

Meh... there could have been an option to enable Japanese voices, but since Square Enix announced it would be on the 360, they had to delay and cut out some stuff to fit. I mean, there's gonna be 3 discs for the 360.

^^^

I think that bundle is stupid compared to the Modern Warfare 2 one. I think it's funny to have 2 controllers when it's a single player game. The least they can do is design the console itself.

Guest NO NAME?

Nomura: Final Fantasy Versus XIII May Not Appear at E3

Date: 17 Feb 2010 Author: Kitmitsu

Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed by Famitsu this week about Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. He was also asked about the progress of future projects he was working on. Concerning Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Nomura said that "development is going well, however there is still more to be done".

"From the beginning, the character presentation on the world map was similar to FF* (the magazine has intentionally censored the asterisk parts), where you would see a very small Noctis running around. It was somewhat lacking and so it was altered to be more like FF*’s system.

* denotes a censored number by Famitsu"

Because of these alterations, Nomura is unsure whether it will be ready for this years E3 like he said back in October. He says he has to balance development with other titles he's working on and is currently discussing how they will proceed with producers.

Thanks to Cagalli for translating the interview.

Source: FF-Reunion

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2010/02/17/no...pear-at-e3.html

Guest Kui4eva

I am very excited for Final Fantasy 13 Versus. I'm going to buy PS3 just to play this game. I really love Noctis already. He reminds me of Sasuke. He looks weird wearing a tuxedo with that type of hairstyle though. Other than that, he's awesome. i'm a little disappointed in Noctis' love interest. I really don't like her. I love other Final Fantasy female leads like Tifa, Lightning, Rinoa, Yuna, etc.. I just think she looks kind of plain with the clothes they designed for her to wear. If I have a chance in the video game, I will try to kill her off. Why couldn't they create someone like Lightning for Noctis? I might change my mind about this character later.

I am very excited for Final Fantasy 13 Versus. I'm going to buy PS3 just to play this game. I really love Noctis already. He reminds me of Sasuke. He looks weird wearing a tuxedo with that type of hairstyle though. Other than that, he's awesome. i'm a little disappointed in Noctis' love interest. I really don't like her. I love other Final Fantasy female leads like Tifa, Lightning, Rinoa, Yuna, etc.. I just think she looks kind of plain with the clothes they designed for her to wear. If I have a chance in the video game, I will try to kill her off. Why couldn't they create someone like Lightning for Noctis? I might change my mind about this character later.

I think it's quite refreshing having such a normal looking female! Ahah. I just hope she isn't another Rinoa... ;_;

I think it's quite refreshing having such a normal looking female! Ahah. I just hope she isn't another Rinoa... ;_;

hahah no way no way she´s completely different, from what I´ve seen, she seems to be a female Cloud if you ask me, "suru suru; suru suru" a like, you know? hahahah...I really like Lighting, I see hope for female character as protagonists in future games because fans might like her cause she´s different, Yuna and all others charas were a little too girly sometimes and were getting on my nerves, but she´s a "power female" much better chara, probably the most interesting I´ve seen in a ff game so far.

argh I can´t decide, whether to buy ff 13 versus or ff13, still I prefer ff13 I think, got enough from kingdom hearts hahaha...

Guest darkboy

argh I can´t decide, whether to buy ff 13 versus or ff13, still I prefer ff13 I think, got enough from kingdom hearts hahaha...

FF13 Versus won't be released anytime soon, which gives you time to save up. In the mean time, enjoy FF13 while you wait lol.

Guest tomster

What's wrong with Rinoa?! T-T Sure she could be annoying at times but she had a lot of charm and character, keke.

I'm semi-excited for FFXIII. The battle system looks very promising and the graphics are perfect imo. I like that they're trying to take a different approach.. I wonder what it'll feel like without any towns. I keep hearing it's too "linear" but wasn't Final Fantasy X pretty linear? I'm not too fond of the cast though. Almost all of them except for Lightning, look like characters that were scrapped or recycled lmao. I read an interview where it was stated that Lightning is not meant to be like Cloud and I'm GLAD because Cloud is so annoying and emo.

Guest Kui4eva

What's wrong with Rinoa?! T-T Sure she could be annoying at times but she had a lot of charm and character, keke.

I'm semi-excited for FFXIII. The battle system looks very promising and the graphics are perfect imo. I like that they're trying to take a different approach.. I wonder what it'll feel like without any towns. I keep hearing it's too "linear" but wasn't Final Fantasy X pretty linear? I'm not too fond of the cast though. Almost all of them except for Lightning, look like characters that were scrapped or recycled lmao. I read an interview where it was stated that Lightning is not meant to be like Cloud and I'm GLAD because Cloud is so annoying and emo.

I second that. What is wrong with Rinoa? I really like her character a lot. She's really pretty and makes a good match with Squall.

I second that. What is wrong with Rinoa? I really like her character a lot. She's really pretty and makes a good match with Squall.

I should've hid under a table when I said that :P

Hmm, I don't know. I never really liked Rinoa. She seemed to stick out all the time, she seemed like such suck up to Squall, she was always helpless... I don't know! I just never really agreed with her. :\

I guess it doesn't help that I'm a diehard fan of Quistis x Squall tbh ;D I don't think Rinoa was the right girl for Squall, haha~ ;) ;)

About XIII, yeah, I keep hearing it's incredibly linear too. Also something about not being able to equip armor. o_o; But as you say, yeah, FFX was super linear! (; You couldn't really do much until endgame. But the story backed up FFX's linear-ness(does that word exist?). Like, you were on a pilgrimage, so yea, it's gonna be pretty linear aha. So I just hope that FFXIII's story justifies it's linear-ness. ^^;

Guest Atmosphere.

My boyfriend ordered the Japanese version of FFXIII! OMG IT'S SO GOOD SO FAR!

I watched him play that game!!!!! The battle system is so cool and fun!!

Like when you finish a battle with monster, your HP is fully recovered :0

He also pre-ordered the U.S. version too. I'm going to play the U.S. version one, can't wait!

Too bad I can't change their name like on Final Fantasy 7 sniff

Archived