Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest teeny

For those of you who are playing the game right now, how often do you guys upgrade your weapons? I get 5/5 stars most of the time in battle, but i still feel like i get really useless components most of the time, which makes me feel like im not upgrading fast enough....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MeiNing

For those of you who are playing the game right now, how often do you guys upgrade your weapons? I get 5/5 stars most of the time in battle, but i still feel like i get really useless components most of the time, which makes me feel like im not upgrading fast enough....

How are you upgrading your weapons? Are you just dumping components whenever you get them? The best strategy is to put in 36 organic materials for the x3 bonus, then as many non-organic (like turbojets) to level up really fast. I don't really use components that I get from battles, I always buy then. So really, if you're asking how often do I upgrade my weapons, then it's not that often because if I upgrade, I'll max out the weapon in 2 tries.

I only upgrade Lightning's and nobody else. Reason is because no money and not enough material for the others lol

Still waiting for that stupid trazoidonezethingamajig to upgrade to an omega weapon, but it cost $2 million at the store and I haven't found it yet in the game.

Guest teeny

How are you upgrading your weapons? Are you just dumping components whenever you get them? The best strategy is to put in 36 organic materials for the x3 bonus, then as many non-organic (like turbojets) to level up really fast. I don't really use components that I get from battles, I always buy then. So really, if you're asking how often do I upgrade my weapons, then it's not that often because if I upgrade, I'll max out the weapon in 2 tries.

where do you get the money to buy the components?? I feel like im so limited to buying them because i rarely get money unless its from those treasure spheres if im lucky :)

Guest darkboy

where do you get the money to buy the components?? I feel like im so limited to buying them because i rarely get money unless its from those treasure spheres if im lucky :)

A Credit Chip yield's 500gil when sold, while a Incentive Chip give you a nice sum of 2,500gil each.

Guest MeiNing

I only upgrade Lightning's and nobody else. Reason is because no money and not enough material for the others lol

Still waiting for that stupid trazoidonezethingamajig to upgrade to an omega weapon, but it cost $2 million at the store and I haven't found it yet in the game.

Which weapon are you using for Lightning?

A Credit Chip yield's 500gil when sold, while a Incentive Chip give you a nice sum of 2,500gil each.

Yep! As darkboy said, sell those :)

I don't know how far you are in the game, but generally anywhere with psicom soldiers = good place to farm for these.

Which weapon are you using for Lightning?

Gladius/Helter Skelter

Still waiting to turn it into an Omega weapon since I have Helter Skelter maxed out, just don't have the cash for that stupid catalyst thing. So far I have $1 million saved up, but I think I'll be done with the game before I have enough money to turn it into Omega lol.

I didn't read any guides when I started out and the Gladius had the best stats at the time, so I upgraded it a bit and stuck with it. Always thought there'd be more powerful weapons as u go through the game, didn't know there was only 8 base weapons for each character, so I didn't upgrade it till late in the game.

All my other characters have lvl 1 weapons on chapter 12 lol :(

sell weapons u don't use, and accessories u don't use. Sell any component that says in the details "Can be sold for a premium". Don't buy too many accessories from the shops.

Guest teeny

ah ic thanks everyone for the tips :) Im at grand pulse and i think im going to try to gain some more cp points before i move on...

Guest iEatPowder

^ Since you're on Pulse now, you can also chocobo treasure hunt, which turns a nice gain in money. Just sell the dolls/gold you find. Keep the transformational catalysts for yourself.

And to the person looking for trapezohedron catalyst - they drop from the big big adamantoise (not the adamanchelids).

I also don't know if I'm underleveled or what not, but I'm having a rough time in Chapter 12. Specifically with the behemoth class opponents (unless I get a preemptive attack off). Once they stand up and heal, I get my richard simmons handed to me when they start spamming Sunder... So the ones I can't kill or preempt, I just run past them ><;;.

And to the person looking for trapezohedron catalyst - they drop from the big big adamantoise (not the adamanchelids).

lol what's the lvl requirements to take that beast on? :lol:

As for the Behemoths, they're not too bad. Like I said, have Snow in your party and keep him as a SEN the whole time. For your accessory slots, use physical resistance items. Always try to keep your main character away from Snow when he's being attacked. I know it's hard since they automatically move, but use attack or whatever to get away from Snow and have her on the Behemoth's back or side. You usually won't get hit at all when standing there.

Guest iEatPowder

lol what's the lvl requirements to take that beast on? :lol:

As for the Behemoths, they're not too bad. Like I said, have Snow in your party and keep him as a SEN the whole time. For your accessory slots, use physical resistance items. Always try to keep your main character away from Snow when he's being attacked. I know it's hard since they automatically move, but use attack or whatever to get away from Snow and have her on the Behemoth's back or side. You usually won't get hit at all when standing there.

It is their rare drop, so you'd probably have to go at it for a couple tries. Collector's Catalog equipped of course.

I don't know about a "level" though. It doesn't hurt to try since you lose nothing but time. They're susceptible to death, which I've HIGHLY underestimated. I was doing the final round of the Fault Warrens mark quest and I was afraid if I didn't get 5-stars, I'd have to start over again ><;; But Death instantly killed the mark and I lol'd. :lol: (Those 3 Tonberries were hard though... @.@)

I've decided to just run around/avoid Behemoths whenever possible. For behemoth mark quests, where they're required, I've just ended up using a Deceptisol and staggering them off the bat. Fortisol and Deceptisol have come in so handy for many of those peskier marks.

Guest teeny

hey guys does it matter if we get a 5 star on the cieth stone missions? I hear you get a trophy at the end of completing all the missions, but does it affect what items you win after each mission?

Guest FESHA

Sahz is the best use for Synergists because the first thing he does is casting out haste on the party. Quickens the fight.

Hope is best medic since it seems all the enemies pick on him because he's the runt of the group.

Fang once you upgraded her weapons(forgot which one was it) and crys' she can easily knock off half of their life span. Also her learning time stop making it easier.

Vanille once she learns death or doom...good for boss fights

Lightning her flaming blade I think that's what it's called just sick moves there..

Snow rarely use him in the beginning.. strong physical fighter..

It is their rare drop, so you'd probably have to go at it for a couple tries. Collector's Catalog equipped of course.

I don't know about a "level" though. It doesn't hurt to try since you lose nothing but time. They're susceptible to death, which I've HIGHLY underestimated. I was doing the final round of the Fault Warrens mark quest and I was afraid if I didn't get 5-stars, I'd have to start over again ><;; But Death instantly killed the mark and I lol'd. :lol: (Those 3 Tonberries were hard though... @.@)

Just started chapter 13, I've just maxed out all the 3 major roles for each person, went to fight an adamantoise, and got KO'd with just 1 foot stomp lol

checked out youtube for some hints on how to beat Adamantoise, just tried the Vanille's Eidolon, immediate gestalt mode, final attack mode, then used death, and he died lol

No trapazodon thingy though :(

Now I need to find a way to beat him without the Eidolon...

Guest iEatPowder

hey guys does it matter if we get a 5 star on the cieth stone missions? I hear you get a trophy at the end of completing all the missions, but does it affect what items you win after each mission?

No, the designated reward for each mission is given when the Mark is killed, regardless of the star rating you receive. But the special reward is only awarded once, after you beat a Mark for the first time. However, you can still obtain drops at random, if the Mark has any. And Yes, there is a trophy for getting five-star ratings on all 64 Cieth stone missions. (I have 8 left... and man it's brutal.)

You'll notice that many Mark Missions offer a secondary reward. Since you can go back an redo all missions, you can receive this secondary reward an infinite amount of times (or until you max that item's quantity). Many marks, if redone, reward you with 5-7 Bomb Cores, which is an awesome component for leveling weapons and accessory.

Might I also suggest just beating mission 55 ASAP for the reward. It's a bit hard but the mob is Death-able. Again, it doesn't matter what star-rating you receive the first time around, so long as you kill it. You just want to get the Growth Egg accessory reward as soon as you can. When equipped, you get twice the amount of CP after a battle (to all characters). So if you kill a cactuar and receive 5000 CP normally, you'd get 10,000 CP with the Growth Egg equipped.

Just started chapter 13, I've just maxed out all the 3 major roles for each person, went to fight an adamantoise, and got KO'd with just 1 foot stomp lol

LMAO. I thought you had beaten it already. I didn't mess with it until after I had my last crystarium level unlocked and relatively full. Make sure your Connoisseur's Catalog is equipped if you're going to farm Trapezohedrons.

Guest iEatPowder

Sahz is the best use for Synergists because the first thing he does is casting out haste on the party. Quickens the fight.

Hope is best medic since it seems all the enemies pick on him because he's the runt of the group.

Fang once you upgraded her weapons(forgot which one was it) and crys' she can easily knock off half of their life span. Also her learning time stop making it easier.

Vanille once she learns death or doom...good for boss fights

Lightning her flaming blade I think that's what it's called just sick moves there..

Snow rarely use him in the beginning.. strong physical fighter..

Pretty sure anyone assigned as a Synergist casts Haste off the bat. Not just Sazh. While he is the best Synergist, that isn't why.

Vanille's actually the best Medic and Saboteur, which is why they grant her role-specific weapons in those respective classes. Hope, who does have high magic points, would serve you better as a Ravager.

As for Fang... are we playing the same game? :huh:

Many major bosses are immune to Vanille's Death.

Lightning... again, same game? There is a "flamestrike" but it's nothing fancy.

Snow is actually a better Sentinel than he is a fighter. Fang is the strongest physical fighter.

LMAO. I thought you had beaten it already. I didn't mess with it until after I had my last crystarium level unlocked and relatively full. Make sure your Connoisseur's Catalog is equipped if you're going to farm Trapezohedrons.

Nah not yet. I want to get at least 1 trapezodron before I go and finish the game. So far I've killed the Amantoise like 8 times, haven't received the trapezodron yet. Only got the ingot 3 out of the 8 times :(

Yah I just got my connoisseur catalog, along with 2 sprint shoes. Also got 40% earth resistance and now don't get KO'd in 1 foot stomp, just get KO'd in 2 stomps lol. On the other hand, the bigger Adamantoise KO's me with 1 stomp.

Checked out youtube, and some of those guys have like over 20k in HP. Crazy. I only have 7k-10k HP at the moment

Guest iEatPowder

Nah not yet. I want to get at least 1 trapezodron before I go and finish the game. So far I've killed the Amantoise like 8 times, haven't received the trapezodron yet. Only got the ingot 3 out of the 8 times :(

Yah I just got my connoisseur catalog, along with 2 sprint shoes. Also got 40% earth resistance and now don't get KO'd in 1 foot stomp, just get KO'd in 2 stomps lol. On the other hand, the bigger Adamantoise KO's me with 1 stomp.

Checked out youtube, and some of those guys have like over 20k in HP. Crazy. I only have 7k-10k HP at the moment

Yeah, it's a 1% drop rate... I've farmed him for a whole afternoon and have only gotten platinum ingots. I've still yet to get a trapezohedron. Maybe I should just focus on marks until I unlock Long Gui. At least he has a 5% drop rate. xD But on the bright side, I've accrued 2.5 mill.

I thought foot stomp was a regular physical attack and quake was his only earth attack. -shrug- I buffed my casters with physical defense accessories.

And yeah, once you unlock Crystarium 5, you get a lot of +300 to +500 HP nodes. I can allllmost beat him by just staggering and hitting him. That'll help things move along faster. Casting Death can really drag out sometimes... It took me 15 minutes one battle before a Death succeeded in killing the bastard. =_=

Oh, and I know you mentioned this earlier about recharging TP to fight Adamantoise again. You probably know this already, but in case you don't, the Energy Sash boosts TP regeneration. Just need to kill a couple of those Sanctum Guard groups and it'll be charged in no time.

Archived