Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh... maxed entire Crystarium and still no trapezohedron drop. =_=

u have the money, buy one at the shop. There's a weapon for Vanille, if u use that trapezodron and turn it into an omega weapon, max it out, and dismantle it, you'll get 3 trapezodrons.

Guest iEatPowder

u have the money, buy one at the shop. There's a weapon for Vanille, if u use that trapezodron and turn it into an omega weapon, max it out, and dismantle it, you'll get 3 trapezodrons.

:D It's gonna hurt the bank

Once you have one Trapezohedron, you can turn that one into three.

To do this, pick up a Mistilteinn, one of Vanille's weapons, buyable from

Plautus's Workshop for 11,000 gil. Along with this, you will need the

following materials:

- 159 Sturdy Bone

- 89 Superconductor

- 2 Particle Accelerator

- 28 Ultracompact Reactor

Total gil: 1,507,400 gil

1 Scarletite - (bought for 100,000 gil from "The Motherlode", or farmed

from enemies. See "Obtaining Catalysts" section.)

1 Trapezohedron

Now, use the following items to upgrade the Mistilteinn in this exact

order (for best cost effectiveness)

36 x Sturdy Bone

50 x Superconductor

1 x Scarletite

36 x Sturdy Bone

2 x Ultracompact Reactor

15 x Sturdy Bone

27 x Superconductor

1 x Trapezohedron

36 x Sturdy Bone

26 x Ultracompact Reactor

36 x Sturdy Bone

2 x Particle Accelerator

12 x Superconductor

The weapon should now be a maxed out Nirvana. Once you dismantle this, you

will receive:

71 x Monstrous Fang

60 x Entrancing Tail

36 x Moonblossom Seed

10 x Tear of Woe

3 x Trapezohedron

Guest iEatPowder

^Yeah... I will, but it's pretty poor design in my opinion. My crystarium's maxed so it's not like I can use omega weapons to level up faster and I have all but 3 Cieth Stone missions left. Would have been nice had they made the catalyst a little more available so that I could actually thoroughly use at least one ultimate weapon before I'd pretty much beaten the game. Also, I dislike how the omega level weapons' synthesis ability is taken away when upgraded from their tier 2 counterpart. =_=

EDIT:: After I spend 4 mill. in gil to triplicate trapezohedron and upgrade Fang's weapon, first thing that drops is a trapezohedron... FML. Damn resale is only 10k on trap's ><!!!

EDIT 2:: Now that I just want platinum ingots to drop, I'm getting nothing or Trapz drops =_=. BTW if you guys plan on farming Adamantortoises/Adamantoise on Gran Pulse, don't complete missions 52-64. They turn into even harder mobs and are ridiculously hard to kill... I had to learn the hard way and I can't farm gil very efficiently anymore :(... On a brighter note though, I've beaten all marks with 5-stars :lol:

Guest iEatPowder

With regards to the Adamant Will trophy (people going for all the trophies) save your Doctor's Code accessories and do not sell them. It'll make acquiring this trophy a lot easier. You have to kill a Long Gui which has a massive 16,200,000 HP bar, and on top of that, he can kill your entire party with the Roar + Ultima combo attack.

So why the doctor's codes? You should upgrade them to the max (star level), which is easy for a measly 200 EXP. Then dismantle them, and you'll receive three shrouds and an elixir. The elixirs are what you want. Assuming you saved all three of the Doctor's Codes available throughout the game, and acquired the one Elixir available, you'll have four elixirs at the end.

When you use a summon on a Long Gui, it automatically disables the Long Gui's legs, so you can bypass the grueling task of taking the left and right leg out, and immediately go to work on staggering his face and chip away at his HP. Elixirs fully replenish the party's HP and TP, so you can cast your summon again. With 4 elixirs, you can potentially rinse and repeat this process five times (assuming you go into the party with 3+ TP). Hopefully, you'll be able to defeat him by then. If not, you probably need to upgrade equipment/ max crystarium. On a side note, if you take too long to kill him, the bastard casts Doom on you...

I had to do it the hard way since I sold all but one Doctor's Code, trying to make gil to acquire the Treasure Hunter trophy. It took me 15 minutes beat the SOB. =_= I hope others can benefit from my mistakes.

But on the bright side, I've acquired all trophies. :)

Guest iEatPowder

lol I basically stopped playing this game because of the trapezodron thing. Maybe one day I'll finish the game :P

Have you beaten the game yet? You certainly don't need ultimate weapons to beat the final boss. It's a lot easier to farm them once you've finished the game and go back and kill Adamantortoises. With a maxed crystarium and tier 2 weapons, it's not very difficult. When I was farming platinum ingots, trapezohedrons would drop more than i'd care for. I actually wanted the ingots to sell for gil, and the trapezohedrons were an added bonus. Now I have an excessive amount and nothing to do with them. Like it's suggested, a lot of the stuff should be done upon completing the main story.

Have you beaten the game yet? You certainly don't need ultimate weapons to beat the final boss. It's a lot easier to farm them once you've finished the game and go back and kill Adamantortoises. With a maxed crystarium and tier 2 weapons, it's not very difficult. When I was farming platinum ingots, trapezohedrons would drop more than i'd care for. I actually wanted the ingots to sell for gil, and the trapezohedrons were an added bonus. Now I have an excessive amount and nothing to do with them. Like it's suggested, a lot of the stuff should be done upon completing the main story.

No not yet. I'm on chapter 13 where u can go through those 3 portals...I went back to that place in the plains where the Chocobos are. I've maxed the crystarium already, but just wanted to get an Omega weapon before I face the last boss(es). I know I don't need it, as I've had inferior weapons/accessories for most of the game (till chapter 12). Just wanted to break off and grab some items just for the heck of it. But got tired of doing the Adamantoise thing and don't feel like finishing Chapter 13 right now lol.

Guest ChibiLuffy

I'm too busy to finish 13 right now. Sadface. I'm on chapter 10 I think. It's really good, but I totally understand why some peeps are disappointed. Keep an open mind I guess. I think I'm a too low level, after Barthandelus (SP) were the bosses just extraordinarily hard??? How do I make them stronger?

Also, 14 looks weird. Is it on online one?

Guest iEatPowder

I'm too busy to finish 13 right now. Sadface. I'm on chapter 10 I think. It's really good, but I totally understand why some peeps are disappointed. Keep an open mind I guess. I think I'm a too low level, after Barthandelus (SP) were the bosses just extraordinarily hard??? How do I make them stronger?

They just have a lot of HP so it's more endurance than skill with the later bosses. Just be sure to libra/scope early on to discover weaknesses and paradigm shift accordingly. Just keep your crystarium relatively up to speed. You don't need to max it, but be sure to have them filled out for their primary roles. As for weapons, tier two weapons are all you need to beat the game. I used Enkindler (Lightning), Paladin (Snow), and Marlboro Wand (Vanille) as weapons for the final boss, but it's up to your preferences. As for accessories, after you've libra'd and discovered opponents' abilities, you can always restart the battle (since you lose nothing), and equip accessories accordingly. It's all trial and error.

And yes, 14 will be an mmo.

I've already forgotten what chapter it is when you get Vanille's Eidolon, but that part is when u know u need to start getting more CP. He is very tough (probably the toughest boss/monster/enemy in the game IMO) even with max CP. Barthandelus is easy compared to making Vanille's Eidolon to yield.

I used (Lightning), (Snow), and (Vanille) for the final boss

Glad to see u followed my advice ;):D

Guest iEatPowder

Glad to see u followed my advice ;):D

Lol, there's hardly any other choice. Best Sentinel + Best Saboteur/Healer + Best overall COM/RAV. No-brainer. And you haven't even beaten the game yet!

But to get the 5-star rating on the last boss post-game, I used Fang, Lightning, and Hope when they were stronger. Hardest hitting damage dealers.

Guest Kuria

I wouldn't play any FF MMOs, MMOs is a waste of life for me since they're sooo addictive and everyone is soo competitive =__=

FFXIII is so fail for me >_> I know they wanted it to be different but they took all the fun stuff out of an RPG game. To me it was like a platform game LOL. Even the Crystarium was restricted. At least in FFX you could move as many times as you want D:

I'm sort of looking forward to Versus XIII cause it supposedly has a world map and is made by the Kingdom Hearts team.

Lol, there's hardly any other choice. Best Sentinel + Best Saboteur/Healer + Best overall COM/RAV. No-brainer. And you haven't even beaten the game yet!

But to get the 5-star rating on the last boss post-game, I used Fang, Lightning, and Hope when they were stronger. Hardest hitting damage dealers.

hah I just remembered your post before:

I switch up my battle teams to suit my battle needs, especially for bosses and Ci'eth stone/mark missions.

Generally, I'll libra/librascope to see what the opponent(s) is weak against, and then arrange accordingly.

If the opponent is susceptible to magic: Lightning/Vanille/Hope - RAV/RAV/RAV and just blow the ship out of them.

If the opponent is resistant to magic: Lightning/Fang/Snow - COM/COM/COM and whack the ship out of them.

;)

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I just finnished FFXIII! ^ ^ I could have finnished it last month but i wanted t oget thier stats up really well. Now I'm just trying to figure out the missions on GRan Pulse done. I Thought the eding was quite sad, but i loved how beautiful the graphics where in the entire game. The storyline is really good as well. I wanted to see it again so i watched it on YouTube.com. At the same time I found the 10 minute trailer for FFXIII Versus! Looks awesome :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lust

Heard VersusXIII might come out on Xbox360 as well.

Excited for this. (:

I really wanted to play it when it came out but hearing it was PS3 exclusive made me sad.

Guest mechant-lapin

I concur, versus will suck just like any other square enix games released. I can't believe how japanese corporations have become such money trolls. It's not because pink is in that you have to make all your games pink. You need to make a statement and force the mass to like it. FFXIII sucked because you needed to put 03243824324032432432432432 anime/manga/videogame clichés in it.

Archived