Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

@budgerie, if you find the mag in the shops let me know.  I want a copy too!  Yeah, as far as I know, we could only get it online from China.  As far as I know the sales are over and the first 20,000 copies come with posters.  I want the poster!  Chen Man takes gorgeous pictures.  The snow and scenery is so pristine.  The bromance between these two wonderful friends and actors heart warming.

And yes, budgeries, I agree that Hu Ge is super adorable with a wonderful boyish charm.  Whereas Hua Ge has the sultry yet ethereal quality about him.  

GIFS of these two handsome men...

005vGtoygw1f1ahpn9wtig30c5069qs3.gif  

005vGtoygw1f1ahpldwjig30c40684qq.gif

005vGtoygw1f1ahpedilmg30990577tv.gif  

005vGtoygw1f1ahpgdez7g30c5068h35.gif

005vGtoygw1f1ahpr7w7lg30c4068kjl.gif  

005vGtoygw1f1ahpubjttg30b805oe81.gif

005vGtoygw1f1ahpzt31sg30c50687wi.gif

• Like 4

@BellyButtonSure I will, if I see the magazine in stores. Surely someday it'll be sold overseas (I guess). I like the pic both men seated & chatting with each other. Look at the way Wallace sits....even sitting also got style! Have you watched Imperial Doctress? How's the rating compared to TJOF? I have not started watching because my heart is still with BZH (hahaha) crazy me! 

• Like 2

@budgerie, I do not know much about ratings.  But I know for online viewing, TJOF's rating is enormously high or highest in 2015. Unfortunately, I do not know Mandarin so whatever I see on weibo may be just a guess.  I remember reading an article where they talk about budget vs viewings.  TJOF came in fourth in terms of budget (1.1 million); Empress (1.3 million), Nirvana (1.1 million), and one more not sure which drama at a whooping 1.7 million.  TJOF has the highest online viewership among these four dramas in 2015.  So in terms of viewership vs budget, TJOF did extremely well.   (Note: applicable only in China).  I think ID's viewership is reasonable insofar.  It went past 1 after the first few eps which I think is supposed to be good though I have no idea what it meant?  

An old fanvid on Wallace's dramas pre-2010 .. Emerald on the Roof, Dolphin Bay, Subway, Go Yi Yi Go.  Never get tired looking at his face.  :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BellyButton said:

Emerald on the roof, Dolphin Bay, Subway

@BellyButton, do you know where we can watch these with subs.   I saw some episodes of Dolphin Bay on YT with subs, but not all of them.
Dramafever has an old potential page for Dolphin Bay.

I see Emerald on the roof on YT. Not sure if all episodes are there, need to check.

Subway I am not seeing at all.

Thank you @BellyButton and @budgerie for recommendation of Perfect Couple. Will add to my List. I see it is actually on DramaFever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wallace Huo and Hu Ge sizzle in the snow for Harper's Bazaar

e8cdd754-b4e1-4ab1-9fad-08a13e4a7ff2.png

Wallace Huo from Perfect Couple is back with his new drama Imperial Doctress. During Valentine's Day, he did a photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar with Hu Ge, another handsome Chinese star. Check out the photos from Harper's Bazaar — It's almost too much hotness to handle!

3f4e89c6-62b2-427f-bd28-5a42163a5df9.jpe

b0400cc6-725b-4c5a-9505-e992769f1e6a.jpe

0b7a11f5-22fd-4c1c-8e43-9a32a26f8c74.jpe

18d40096-bd0a-46c7-8457-0ed06804c919.jpe

cd520b13-660f-4033-a6be-f838bd2dbb00.jpe

e6d47604-dae2-4ab4-b6cd-6e319aede55b.jpe

04120e70-84b9-417e-9c23-fb22c883cb88.jpe

2bd077c0-c94e-40e5-bdc1-a5341aa24321.jpe

Now Wallace Huo is coming back to our screens with the historical drama Imperial Doctress. He plays the Emperor of Ming, who experienced a lot since childhood and falls in love with Cecilia Liu's cahracter Yun Xian. So much to look forward to in this drama coming to DramaFever on March 4!

Please everyone, click on awesome and add a comment - so that DramaFever will bring us more Wallace Huo's drama and movies.
I know they are late with Imperial Doctress, (probably the way the licensing worked out), but lets have them pay more attention to Wallace Huo's drama, and see that he has a huge following.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/national-cp-wallace-huo-hu-ge-on-bazaar/

• Like 1

@irilight    Thank you for the link.  I have liked and posted my comments.

It was rumoured that Wallace and Hu Ge and some other well known Asian actors/actresses will be attending Shi Shi and Nicky's wedding in Bali some time last week of March.  So if you are from Indonesia or live in Bali or some where near Bali, keep a lookout.  

Wallace when he was in his mid twenties.  
85a97ab0gw1f1djxcck5mj20qo13tgs2.jpg

• Like 1

@Kristina303 Thank you for the subbed movie.  I have watched it.  The actors did their job well and Wallace playing dual characters is interesting to watch.  Two different character who happen to look alike but different temperament.

Some funny cheeky photoshop pix from fans.  :wub:

005ZTZLwjw1f1ec9oic7qj30900bmq3c.jpg005ZTZLwjw1f1ec9pivp2j30qo1bf47m.jpg

• Like 2

@budgerie  Since some of like Perfect Couple, I will look for a hilarious picture which a fan posted.  I never forgot the pix because I find it apt and hilarious.

@angelangie  Those piercing eyes ... aarh.....  :heart:

Can't stop drooling over his exquisite face ever...

Sick still could look handsome..
moXF1NN.jpg

Close eyes also handsome (I made this pix my latest laptop wallpaper today)
tPgLXlR.jpg

And this is exactly how I feel towards the two pictures posted above.  Muah! :wub:
N2r5QZWb.jpg

• Like 2

@BellyButtonThanks! Perfect Couple is pretty comical at the beginning but TY's role got annoying towards the later part of the drama. I hope Wallace & LY will do another drama tog. I mean if he can work with LSS 4x, surely he can do another one with LY. Haven't gotten enough of TJOF, i want all those intimate scenes! But maybe he's comfortable with LSS because she's the wife of his good friend, Nicky & no one would cook up some rumours. 

I started watching Imperial Doctress. I was contemplating between The Great Protector & Imperial Doctress. I watched TGP few times over but I just couldn't complete it. I only like watching him with the lady thief (forgot her name). Anyway, Imperial Doctress for me, I only like the Queen, not LSS. Wallace looked good with moustache ah, agree?? Heehee!  

• Like 2

Oh, just want to let out some frustration here....some people are really mean....if you watched Perfect Couple, you'll notice, each time Wallace shouts or talks angrily, his saliva will splatter. It's pretty obvious & it became the talk of the day. And when he filmed Imperial Doctress/TJOF, 1 of the interview Wallace/LSS and Wallace/LY, those people actually asked if he will splatter saliva again? Even asked LSS/LY if they think he'll splatter saliva again? Thankfully both ladies know how to cover for their men. I hate it when people make fun of it as a joke. I'm sure Wallace was dead embarrassed.   

• Like 3

The rating of ID are considered high.. ID was aired in both channels (Dong Fang Wei Shi and Jiangsu Wei Shi), both channels exceeded 1.000%.

For a china drama to hit more then 1.000, that's a success consider there's millions and billion of people in china.. 

Btw, ID got the highest rating among the current aired dramas at the same timeslot

Edited by Teng In
Typo error
  • Like 2

@budgerie  Oh that scene is old news.  It was brought up at press conference.  I do not think Wallace is upset.   There will always be nasty competitors who pick on each other.  Anyway, it's partly a  photography problem/detail oversight.  Wallace even joked that he would visit the dentist. LOL.   Sometimes when we talk fast and non stop, we could spit saliva too.  If you notice whenever people talk in winter, we could see vapour coming out of their mouths.  It's more obvious on camera .

@Teng In  Thank you for the explanation on ratings.  I do not understand Mandarin so I could only make guesses.  

Wallace's shots with Esquire Taiwan.  Heard that the magazine will be released in March.

005Fon8fgw1f1h9268kzxj30ku0kudj5.jpg

005Fon8fgw1f1h92az2e5j30ku0kujvq.jpg

005Fon8fgw1f1h92ca4i8j30ku0kugrt.jpg

• Like 2

I saw on Baidu that Wallace is getting his own wax figure at Madame Tussauds in Shanghai. As in a proper one where he went there himself for the photos, measurements etc. I heard that the wax figure will be 'unveiled' in the latter half of the year. 

Haha, I guess his fans just happen to be visiting Shanghai, maybe this would be another attraction to add to your itinerary :P

• Like 3