Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

@Tinkiebell  It was all over the media and appeared in top 10 weibo hot search!  I am not sure whether I personally would like to be in hot news for the wrong reason.  I think these photos were taken by the paparazzis.  Fans couldn't  have gone past the security.

Fan barging into the security area.

a8ef5277jw1f06yna4s4oj20hs0butae.jpg

These three dudes look perplexed.  
(Left is JunJie - Wallace's studio partner; Right - Wallace's assistant.  Far Left lady is WooHong, Wallace's Studio's Executive Assistant.  You will always see these people/staff wherever Wallace goes.  They have been with Wallace/his studio ever since he and JunJie started the studio before 2008.  Wallace said he doesn't like to change staff because it takes a long time to get to know him).

a8ef5277jw1f06ynbibb7j20dm0kfdhl.jpg

a8ef5277jw1f06ynb9u6dj20hs0buwfu.jpg

71482140jw1f06wrapbupj20op0ggdlk.jpg

Wallace trying to 'console' the fan.

71482140jw1f06wrbzgphj20ot0gjtek.jpg

• Like 1

Wallace is currently in Beijing shooting the movie '28 year old minor'.  They have just released a few stills.  I think they have changed the title to 'Suddenly seventeen' which is more appropriate as the story is regarding a 28yo  girl who lost part of her memory and could only remember when she was 17yo.  Ni Ni is the female lead and Wallace's the male lead.  I think they may have made quite some changes to the novel in order to adapt the story for the big screen.

Link to Suddenly Seventeen weibo: http://www.weibo.com/guiyingjimmy?is_all=1

60ca8a58jw1f0firvq3a3j21410qoahh.jpg

Guest Tinkiebell
On 1/30/2016 at 9:38 AM, BellyButton said:

Wallace is currently in Beijing shooting the movie '28 year old minor'.  They have just released a few stills.  I think they have changed the title to 'Suddenly seventeen' which is more appropriate as the story is regarding a 28yo  girl who lost part of her memory and could only remember when she was 17yo.  Ni Ni is the female lead and Wallace's the male lead.  I think they may have made quite some changes to the novel in order to adapt the story for the big screen.

Link to Suddenly Seventeen weibo: http://www.weibo.com/guiyingjimmy?is_all=1

Oh gosh, this reminds me of the K-drama 18 vs 29, where the 29 year old heroine also lost part of her memory and couldn't recollect any memories of her life past 18. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/18_vs._29

When will this movie be released? Would love to watch it. :) 

Thanks, @Tinkiebell  LOL, Suddenly Seventeen does sound like 18 vs 29.  I think there are quite a number of dramas/movies relating to age change whether older or younger.  Ni Ni is 28yo whilst Wallace is 30+yo in the movie.  I am not sure whether Ni Ni hates Wallace in the first instance but the impression I get is that it was a marriage of convenience but she actually fell in love with him (perhaps without knowing it) while still being married.  She loses her memory when nearing divorce time.  Sounds like a story of second chance.  Not sure when it will be screened.  But back in November, when we first heard about this movie but we didn't know whether Wallace would be involved, it was supposed to be screened around May.  But I think May is too early since I don't think they have finished shooting?  It's all very hush hush. Will have to wait for more official news and stills.  Wallace's Reset movie with Yang Mi is worse.  No news or pictures at all.

We heard about this movie back in November but we didn't know whether Wallace would be confirmed until he finished shooting Reset and flew to Beijing after Imperial Doctress first press conference on 20 January.  Huajae did not release the news.  Someone took pictures of the shooting at Beijing University campus that we knew it is confirmed Wallace will be involved in this movie.  Even then, we have no idea what role he would be playing.  

A fan vid for Ni Ni and Wallace.  I know that the scenes she took was from Love Me If You Dare and Emerald on the Roof. Not sure about Ni Ni's scene as I haven't watched any of her movies but understand she is well known in the movie world. 
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3718523/

@budgerie yes, hope Wallace will find someone nice and kind to share his life with.  But in the LuYu's interview, it wasn't very encouraging.  He said he is a natural loner and didn't mind being alone.  :(  And he is used to be independent and alone.  He also said being married doesn't mean one will be happy.  He is also so busy that there is no time to pursue anyone.   No Wallace, give the nice girls all a chance!  

@BellyButtonYa, in LuYu's interview, it didn't sound encouraging at all. I think (personal opinion) is that he closed his door. I remembered in 1 of his interviews (can't recall with who), he said he's not willing to let his own personality shows. That's why he preferred to be in the cast, going into a character that he's playing. Btw, I forgot to mention to you that I also watched his drama Swordman. I preferred his character as the 'baddie' wearing make up. Did you watch Qing Shi Huang Fei? Aiya, his character there is so sad. 

• Like 2

@budgerie, in early interviews when he was still in Taiwan, he said that 30s is best age for marriage.  Nowadays, there is no longer a deadline.  He now believes in destiny.  Will see.  I've go this feeling that this man will marry in his 40s.  

Latest informal pix from the movie, Suddenly Seventeen.  His hair and black coat reminds me of Allen in LMIYD. :wub:

9b4e3cacjw1f0ngcukthkj20yi1pcaih.jpg

He's going to look like these....  
ec4b9710jw1f0n7pc8ua0j21400qon21.jpg
ec4b9710jw1f0n7p87texj24c02w0e86.jpg

• Like 2

Wallace won the China Newsweek Most Influential Person of the Year - Arts Category in December 2015.  He is the first actor to win this award in the Arts Category.  Many Wallace fans are delighted that Wallace is recognised and be given this high honour.  

Here's the LINK to the translated interview.  It was also posted on Wallacehuoinfo Facebook.
5d899bb7jw1eyw4k934guj21kw11xwlh.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell

Wow, congratulations to Mr. Huo, what a good news indeed, really glad to see him get more and more recognition that he totally deserves. 

Thanks, @BellyButton for sharing, also for that translated article :) 

On 12/14/2015 at 8:29 PM, angelangie said:
On 1/21/2016 at 9:30 PM, budgerie said:

@ BellyButton : Hi! No, I didn't watch Vigilante in Mask because I don't like LSS. Which means, I have to give his new drama a miss! Sigh! I only like LSS in BuBuJingXing. Yep, I agree with you that the landscape for Great Protector is beautiful/breathtaking. And I love the song too! That female thief is also quite sweet looking. I watched Wallace interview about the drama & he said he enjoyed the filming process. In his interview with LuYu, he disclosed that he cried when filming ended for BOC & Great Protector. Thank you for the vid. Wallace looks good bald too. He looks better bald than wearing that wig in Great Protector. So he's into movie lately ah? If I may confess something, I still prefer him in ancient drama. I just love looking at men in long hair & long gown & you can only see this in ancient drama. Oh....his Bai Zi Hua look is what I meant. Haiz! I miss Bai Zi Hua. What happened to those missing scenes? However I enjoy his performance in Perfect Couple too. At least light hearted but I do find Tang Yan alittle annoying in the drama. I mean the plot for her script. For modern look, I like Wallace in BOC. Nice size there & handsome! I find him too thin in LMIYD & that hairstyle looked weird. I remembered reading an article that audience commented about his hairstyle. Maybe he didn't have enough hair yet at that time. 

Awe too bad, Liu Shi Shi kinda still have her better acting skills in that drama.. Li Ge Xiao (Wallace Huo's character in Vigilante in Mask) was one of his best character in his drama list.. you should give it a try.. I don't like Liu shi Shi's acting in other dramas except for Bu Bu Jing Xin, however I give it a try because Wallace Huo was in that drama and unexpectedly the drama was not disappointing..

Wallace flew back to Taiwan only late yesterday night.  I think he reached Taiwan past 12 midnight!  Despite being New Year's eve, there were some fans waiting for him at the Beijing airport to see him off and to greet him in Taiwan.  

Took a pix together with the airport/air hostesses.
6f589d91jw1f0qze9ubgoj20ku112grl.jpg

6f589d91jw1f0qze8c2gpj20ku112teq.jpg

At Taiwan airport
a194a827jw1f0rxmvu3t7j20zk0k0anl.jpg

a194a827jw1f0rxnlugwtj20zk0k0dur.jpg

Vids taken when he arrived at Taiwan airport:

http://card.weibo.com/video/h5/detail?object_id=2017607:16099a2964f5dd7fb3bd9f154edb5b42

http://www.weibo.com/p/230444730209a5c53417e17c75ad1e8f9674b

First of all, a happy Chinese New Year to all! 

@BellyButtonmany thanks for the photos! Aiya he's so handsome - makes me drool! Er yes, the 1st photo looked like his look in LMIYD. Honestly i don't like his look there, too  thin although I know it's necessary. I prefer him with more meat.....hahaha! I guess he's putting off marriage or even saying he prefers to be alone because of all the rumours about him. BTW, any news about his court case ah? But I really hope he meets a good girl soon someday. 

@janice930201thanks for recommending Vigilante. The reason I watched Scarlet Heart was (at that time) for Kevin Cheng. Later I realised Nicky Wu & LSS got good chemistry. So I stayed on the drama but her other drama i don't like. I'm still trying hard to watch The Great Protector in full drama. The last few times I attempted, I forwarded most of the time to only watching Wallace & the female thief. 

Of all the 12 drama that I watched, his co-star in Modern Beauty was the worse pairing in my opinion. She looked more like his older sister than his wife. But he got a sofa kiss scene there that makes the heart skip a beat. 

• Like 1

Wallace flew to South Korea yesterday.  I understand it is a very short trip.  Apparently there were about 30-40 fans waiting at the arrival hall.  Wallace signed some autographs but when the crowd started jostling, he gave the 'times up' sign.  LOL.  He truly behaves like a father/uncle.  Remember the vid where he told fans "Don't push.  I am old.  I couldn't take it anymore".  :D