Wallace Huo 霍建華 Official Thread

Lynne

Guest Tinkiebell

@BellyButton , you're the best! Love those animated gifs. Thanks for sharing these goodies, always :heart:

I haven't seen the video where Wallace asked the fans not to push because he's old, must have been funny :lol:

"Before the shooting Wallace gave people an impression that he is heavyhearted, therefore, we hoped to bring out something new this time by making him looks lively.  We asked him to play some interesting professor role When we proposed the immortal didn't object.  On the day of shooting he acted as if he is an actor instead of a star. He satisfied our requests of acting and expressions for the proposed role.  He didn't even object to the lighting effects and our angles of shooting. He didn't say a word about: "This angle makes me look better" or "This facial expression doesn't suit me".  There were only "Are you satisfied? What else do you like me to do?".

As always, the humble and down to earth man. Respect!

@Tinkiebell  I think it is his inner qualities which make him most appealing.  A fan put together all his 'naggings towards his fans' collected over years.  That's why he is also known to his fans as 'boyfriend's face, father's heart'.   If I find this vid, will post it here.  Or I will post some random vids to show why he is being given that 'title'.  LOL.  :D

The presale for China Bazaar March Edition started online today.  I heard that 10,000 copies were first put out for first presale.  Within 10 minutes into the presale, it was sold out.  The edition features both Hu Ge and Wallace.  And they have been good friends since Chinese Paladin 3 days. 

65d26b38gw1f0xjz9o59cj20p90wy4e2.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Tinkiebell

"Boyfriend's face, father's heart"... lol! Fits him perfectly indeed! :lol: 

Ooooh, Wallace and Hu Ge in one cover, gorgeous shot of gorgeous men! :wub: Tell me, where do I buy this edition? lol, I might ask a friend who's in China to buy it for me and ship it to Europe, where I live. 

@Tinkiebell  Some fans and I are desperately wanting to purchase this magazine too.  The site does not accept overseas purchase. As one fan joked, 'take my money'.  Taobao is equivalent to EBay.   Unfortunately, the only way is for you to ask your friend in China to get it for you.  I am still looking for someone to get it for me (or us).  The magazine comes with a poster.  You have to tell your friend which poster you want - either Wallace or Hu Ge.  I read that you could only get the poster if you purchase online.  

@angelangie, yes it was mentioned in Lu Yu's interview about Wallace not accepting gifts unless it is handmade.  This is common knowledge among fans.  There were many stories about it.  One fan sent him a towel.  He returned the towel and took only the 'instructions'.  Another sent him a bicycle, he signed the bicycle and returned it to the fan.  At the end of Lu Yu's interview, three fans finally managed to give their handmade gifts to Wallace.  It was not shown in the link I posted above.  I saw pictures of vids posted on weibo from fans who attended the actual interview.  One fan gave him a scarf.  Another 365 drawings of his characters (one drawing a day and she is still drawing.  You can find her link on WallaceHuoInfo FB).  The last one, clay figures of his drama characters and himself.  

Wallace has many nicknames given by fans.  One is Emperor Eyelash.  Veteran.  Caveman.  Another is 'the man who lives on other's weibo/microblog' . Caveman and The Man..came by because Wallace has not weibo/FB and does not microblog.  It is well known fact that he will disappear for months without any news every year when he is resting unless some friends of his posted pictures of themselves with Wallace or fans bumped into Wallace posting pictures of him.  Some fans have now become very proficient in tracing his whereabouts.  LOL.  I think it's like a cat and mouse game. :P

Nice pix for my mobile.  It is photoshop and posted by WH Vietnam FB.
b8ae42a9gw1f0xxwwi0hjj20u01eygvd.jpg

For computer screen?
6b5e314djw1f0xvldl2l1j21hc0u0jyb.jpg

• Like 4

I think none has mentioned his movie "Inside or Outside" yet. So I wanted to share some info with you because I was so shocked seeing Wallace with grey hair  like this:

34743f0c52ed468c560ae3286583e78e.jpg     

He looks good with anything srsly!
The movie is a co-production with korea and will have Jang Hyuk as main lead too.
It's genre are Investigation and Thriller.

caf914102a8ad1564303ab2b50580f14.jpg

Wallace's character seems very energic and young in the trailer.

I thought normally this role would fit a idol or just a young rookie actor well, but Wallace plays it veeery good. Not awkward at all!

ea373d90ed90e8c423c4798aebe6ef32.jpg

I think his character will go through major development and change from this cheerful youngster to well...the contrary :)

974b77562025a6901c61ca7225aa9090.jpg

MDL link: http://mydramalist.com/13858-inside-or-outside

Edited by Kristina303
  • Like 2

@Kristina303  Thanks for the information on Inside Outside.  Unfortunately, this movie was not shown in Australia so I have to wait for the video release. Not many Asian movies end up on the shores of Australia.   Did you see the movie?  It looks interesting and really I think ALL the dudes in the movie is hot.   Post the link if the movie here if the movie is released on video.  

Gals, I found the video was I was talking about earlier where a fan put together a few vids of Wallace nagging/advising fans to stay safe.  
http://www.weibo.com/p/230444359f9d415b6884a0705f62656add7442

Those days where there were less fans meeting at airports, he would talk to them like friends.  Wallace said he never view his fans as fans.  He prefers to treat them like little sisters.  :D  The second vid showed him asking his fans to watch out for cars or they will be run over ( he does it all the time) and directing his fans where to go; third vid - asking fan to watch out on the escalator, if she hurt herself, it will be all over the news; fourth vid - telling fans to take care,  it's so dark in the hills that they might be kidnapped and sold (LOL); fifth vid - telling fans don't push because he's too old to take it; sixth vid - host asked if a fan send you a car as a gift what would you do?  Wallace - I will kill her; seventh vid - asking fans to take care when going home.  Then ask whether they have transportation. A fan answered she didn't know.  Wallace turned out and said 'hit you' and gave her a light tap on her  head; eighth vid - go home and take care. 

Here's another vid of him telling his fans to go home as it's getting dark, it's not safe, it's cold.  This vid was a very old vid taken at the time when he's shooting the drama, Go Yi Yi Go.  He was coming out of a restaurant where the shooting was done.  The fans were waiting for him outside the restaurant.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/r07Dr7u13KU/?FR=LIAN

• Like 1

@BellyButton omgosh, if you know someone (in China) who I can buy a copy of the Bazaar magazine from with Hu Ge and Wallace, I will be so grateful!! Please msg me!  I don't know how else I can get a copy since I live in the USA.  I am going to Beijing in May for the first time, but I don't think they will have it anymore.

• Like 1

Wallace was in Busan, South Korea finishing the loose ends for movie, Reset.  He flew back to Beijing on Valentine's Day to continue shooting of movie, Suddenly Seventeen.  

On the lst day in Busan, Wallace, the Director and a  few other dropped by a fast food chain for a quick meal.  But he was recognised and had to sign autographs.
Comment from Producer, Qi Ji:
Wallace is going really popular in Busan,, as Ms. Qi Ji of New Clues Films wrote in her weibo:
齊霽
2016-02-13 18:01:14
這些釜山的妹妹怎麽知道的[挖鼻][挖鼻],我們才悄悄潛進來20分鍾而已 #霍建華#
How do these Busan girls know? We've just sneaked in for 20 minutes
68b8486bjw1f0xv2dnbj0j212a0qogxl.jpg

With the Director Chang/ Yoon Hong Seong
006kgKlxgw1f0ynu5y2ndj30zk0qodl2.jpg

Wallace on way back to Beijing from Busan
9c0db8c7jw1f0yq7nd6icj20qo0zjn1o.jpg

One fan got him to sign on her SKII bottle!  LOL
9c0db8c7jw1f0yq7l05rgj20qo0zjqah.jpg

• Like 1

Some funny vids taken at the Beijing airport when Wallace arrived on Valentine's day. 

Wallace: Stop here or you will be embarrassed.  (Walks to the toilet):lol:
http://www.weibo.com/p/2304448c3df1434e635737aa4b20f89e99be76

Wallace directing the fan traffic (as usual): http://www.weibo.com/p/2304448f76c206c31825596098700c702be3fe
http://www.weibo.com/p/2304444ccfdd6f217ba48dbcf471776371199f

Crossing the road: http://www.miaopai.com/show/BsSGUA64KtOkJHzrmy5VgQ__.html

On the airport train 
6f71279fjw1f0yvs1swuuj20ku0rstcu.jpg

6f71279fjw1f0yvs2etjdj20ku0rstc6.jpg

• Like 1

@angelangie@ricenamja, I do think it is from The Imperial Doctress.   I remember the 2nd still from one of the previews

@ricenamja, here is an article to go with your wonderful gif and the stills that @BellyButton provided on previous page too.

The Bromance of Hu Ge and Wallace Huo Showcased in Snowy Bazaar Chinese Pictorial

xiaos

Read and see more on Koala's Playground

• Like 2

I just found this youtube vid.  I love it.  It is very well made.  It shows Wallace and his drama onscreen loves.  I think Wallace has the best chemistry with Tiffany in Perfect Couple.  They won the National Drama best onscreen couple for that year too.

• Like 1

The Bazaar picture - Wallace is so handsome! Hu Ge has a mischievious face....lol. 

@BellyButtonI like Wallace & TY in Perfect Couple too. Their chemistry was great. Perhaps maybe they played husband/wife. Personally I prefer Wallace/LY. Even without any love expression, somehow the chemistry between them can be felt. I guess if given a chance to openly declare their love, Sifu & XiaoGu would do a good job. I esp like episode 20, when Sifu confessed he was Mo Bing & turned her around so that he could re-play those steps again, his eyes there is so mesmerising. Another fav scene was when Sifu wiped the blood stains off her mouth - his eyes met hers briefly. 

• Like 2

The photos from Bazaar is out.  OMGosh... I WANT the magazine.  I want the poster.  Soooo sad.  Have money cannot buy.  :(

Who could look sultry and stunning without even trying???   I WANT this man!
be8d65b3jw1f18mr9krbyj20hs0qn0tr.jpg

I will post a fanvid titled 'obsession' later.  Because this describes me self.  Penny Lin (co star from Emerald on the Roof) once said, Wallace is a stylist's favourite.  

• Like 3

The Bazaar Magazine - do they only sell this edition in China? I'll check out the book stores, see if I can grab a copy. I like Hu Ge in Legend of the Condor Hero with Ariel Lin. And Wallace - he's just gorgeous in any drama, in any interviews, but I especially like him in ancient drama. 

• Like 3