Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

Thanks Rubie !

Too bad I don't have the time to follow How to meet a perfect neighbor :(

By the way, I bought Doona's Tokyo Nori, and I prefer her London dairy (I loved the small format ^^).

I don't know why a lot of very cool pictures we saw on the net are not in the book ! More seriously, the atmosphere of this new book is more common, I miss the feeling of intimacy while reading London Nori. It's cool anyway, but somewhere I miss something...

• 3 weeks later...

Shenny, thank you for sharing all the gorgeous pics of Doona..

I'm watching Perfect Neighbout now and you can't image how freaking much I adore her character Yoon Hee..

I've only seen Doona act in several dramas and I like Yoon Hee the most.. it's making me appreciate her more as an actress. She is just SO DARN GOOD!

I just wanna share promo clips for the korean release of a single "Aquaberry" from a japanese singer (MEG).

The clips show Bae Doona roaming the streets of Tokyo, cooking, taking pictures...

I guess this is in connection w/ the Tokyo Play Photobook I read here. Enjoy! ^-^

8029549.jpg

Stars in the Blue Sky (song by MEG playing in the background)

http://221.148.243.2/Q/2/51976372/51976372_800K.WMV

And Then... (another song)

http://221.148.243.2/Q/2/51976377/51976377_800K.WMV

Guest eggsntofu

doo na is a talented photographer and actress!!

i love her natural style of acting

it's great to see her in perfect neighbor!

I just wanna share promo clips for the korean release of a single "Aquaberry" from a japanese singer (MEG).

The clips show Bae Doona roaming the streets of Tokyo, cooking, taking pictures...

I guess this is in connection w/ the Tokyo Play Photobook I read here. Enjoy! ^-^

Actually those are not promo clips (as far as I know it's not broadcast anywhere to promote MEG's album). It's taken from the (very nice) "making-of" VCD from Tokyo play - in this video she use a lot of background musics, not only MEG's.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing ;)

What's up ? Oh ! Doonupdate ! :lol:

lg31rj6.jpg

Pictures from the LG PixDix ad !

(and don't ask me why her camera is a Nikon)

lg05rz6.jpg

lg07zv4.jpglg16pu6.jpg

lg17ll4.jpg

lg19wg5.jpglg21jf2.jpg

and more !!!

(clickable thumbnails)

lg06ug6.th.jpg lg08wf4.th.jpg lg09ny1.th.jpg lg10pl5.th.jpg lg11vz7.th.jpg

lg12es8.th.jpg lg13gg6.th.jpg lg14ov0.th.jpg lg15da7.th.jpg

lg18oi0.th.jpg lg20ls0.th.jpg lg22mq9.th.jpg

Others pix fox the LG campaign, she's playing baseball

(clickable thumbnails)

lg01xr2.th.jpg lg02an9.th.jpg lg03cm5.th.jpg lg04wd0.th.jpg

and don't ask me why her camera is a SONY ! :unsure:

(clickable thumbnails again)

lg23hu5.th.jpg lg24rp8.th.jpg lg25ur3.th.jpg lg26jr9.th.jpg

lg27lk2.th.jpg lg28gd6.th.jpg lg29re6.th.jpg lg30gs6.th.jpg

poom poom poom...

Credit :

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/someoneqq/folder/21.html

http://photo.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir...7090100225.html

http://photo.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir...7091300612.html

Actually those are not promo clips (as far as I know it's not broadcast anywhere to promote MEG's album). It's taken from the (very nice) "making-of" VCD from Tokyo play - in this video she use a lot of background musics, not only MEG's.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing ;)

Oops! It's not? My bad. ^-^

I thought it was coz I saw it under the details for Meg's album in dosirak and I was surprised to see Bae Doona in the clips.

Loving her in Perfect Neighbor btw. I just started watching that series...

Guest ripgal

Ahhh.. I really found this girl late!

I've only seen her in Wild Funny Girl and The Host and yet she didn't leave quite an impression on me then..

Until I stumbled across Perfect Neighbour.. and then her thread in Soompi, and then her ever soooooooo BEAUTIFUL pics inside, I became an instant fan girl!!

I really really like her subtle beauty..I wouldn't compare her with any other Korean actresses because I think she falls into a different league..she is uniquely attractive and some more, she LOOKS BEAUTIFUL on camera!! I mean, all of her pics..(the photographers who have taken pics of her must be PROS) --they're like sooooo gorgeous and unique.

Her acting - yeah..top notch. I can't evey say more.. she's just one of the best I've seen.. :)

Thank you so much btw, for sharing the pics..I seriously LOVED every single one of 'em..

Welcome ripgal !

It's never too late :P

I've only seen her in Wild Funny Girl and The Host and yet she didn't leave quite an impression on me then..

Indeed, in Funny wild girl she's not impressive (good but no so impressive), and in The Host her role is such self-effacing nobody see her !

I personnally noticed her in Take care of my cat - one of he best performance.

she LOOKS BEAUTIFUL on camera!!

Yep.

She has a very unique face, very camera-friendly. And she's far more natural than most of the other actors, in her smile and attitude : mst of the time when I'm looking at promo pictures, during premieres or something like that, I feel like she's the only one looking real and human, surrounded by dummies !

IMO, the best pictures of Doona are those by Yun Suk-Mu, published in Doona's London Nori. I don't know who's that girl (I already asked the question, but noboby knew), I don't even know if she's a pro, but she's really good :

20060818moogna1qd2.jpg

And of course, Doona's self-portraits, they are always cool :

20050716doona2gu9.jpg

Guest russkelp

I think that the reason Doo Na seems more real and relaxed than other actors is because she has tremendous self knowledge and confidence. She knows who she is and what she wants to do. She's not too concerned with maintaining an image. She seems to be good at whatever she sets her mind to accomplish.

Having recently rewatched Country Princess (Wild Funny Girl), I see a lot of similarities in the characters, but differences in the acting choices between that and The Perfect Neighbor role. You can really see her growth as an actress and as a woman.

I have only seen 8 episodes of Perfect Neighbor so far, and I really miss Doo Na when she is not on screen. She still has this childlike quality that I really love. Her expressions and reactions are unlike anyone else I have seen, she's really funny and can really act. She has terrific chemistry with everyone on the show. There's probably a lot of work that goes into her acting, but you can see her enthusiasm, and it's real.

Most of the dramas of hers that I have seen have become favorites. It will be interesting to see how her career progresses in the future.

She's says she is having the time of her life, and so am I, whenever she is on screen.

Guest ripgal

Thanx a lot for the warm welcome Epikt.

I'm trying to download her previous movies.. but I don't know where to get them. By any chance, you know any place where I can get her movies?

I'm kinda interested in Take Care of My Cat and Linda Linda Linda.. heehhe..read all the comments in the thread and most of you loved them.

Anyway, I remember her in a recent YSMM episode with Kim Min Joon. Gosh, I found her so cheeky and random.. she says the weirdest things! :lol: hahahaha.. it's fun to have such a person near you, you can laugh non-stop.

And I think I'm obsessed with her pictures! She's probably one of those few actresses where I find her beautiful in all of them.. and unique nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonneuh Doonanniversaireuh !!!!!

(french version ! :blush: )

:wub: Big Big Kiss !!! :wub:

tokyonori_bigkiss.jpg

I've got a present for you !

Hop ! "right-click > save as..." on the picture :

behindtokyonori.jpg

(it's Doona's Tokyo behind story, the "making-of" for Tokyo nori)

(please do not hotlink, thanks)

(I hope it works)

melusine > you can add the link in the first post (thank you !)

By the way, I change the link to the TV show "dangerous invitation" (the new is here)

zulu > with this kind of first post on a forum, you sure are a good person :lol:

I'm kinda interested in Take Care of My Cat and Linda Linda Linda..

Great choice ! B)

(there are links on the first page, but I don't know if it still works)

PS : by the way, I have sad news : Doona didn't dubbed the simulation game Tomak. :(

I already had big doubt since I could'nt find a lot of information about it (especially in Korean), and I were finally able to buy the game in a Korean version. Verdict : her name is not in the credit and it's not her voice.

(but the game is kind of fun)

(stupid, but fun)

edit : thanks for the picture melusine !

Thank you for the heads up Epikt.

And I nearly forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Doona! I hope she has a wonderful blast on her blessed Birthday..