Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

^It's my pleasure. :)

2 of my mostest favoritest actresses together in one photo shoot!! aieeeee~~ :wub:

Nylon 두나&효진 interview

_B1Y4629.jpg

_B1Y5299.jpg

1221549082.jpg

2_17.jpg

7_12.jpg

9_9.jpg

5_14.jpg

3035080711_ucqhLbHS_1.jpg

3035080711_TkEVdw0U_9.jpg

3035080711_LecgNpv9_6.jpg

3035080711_o07JsxFW_8.jpg

credit: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=khjin&no=4841

Gong + Bae = Best friends 4-eva!

Bae Doo-na and Gong Hyo-jin, both known for their eclectic and fashion-forward style senses as well as their film and drama roles over the years, are also good pals and have been for the past decade. Now they’re showing their friendship in — what else? — a magazine photo spread.

The shoot for Nylon Korea magazine based itself on the concept “friendly neighbors,” which isn’t such a stretch given that the two actresses live in the same neighborhood and are neighbors in real life. As friends, they hang out, eat, shop, and listen to music together. They’ve also already displayed candid and self-shot pics of themselves together on their respective mini-homepages (see below).

Both debuted as models back in 1998, and it’s interesting to see how their careers have developed on somewhat parallel upward tracts. Among other roles, Bae Doo-na acted in 1999’s The Ring Virus, Take Care of My Cat (2001), Park Chan-wook’s Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, 2003 drama Country Princess, and hit it big(ger) with 2006’s The Host. Her latest project was the SBS drama How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor last summer.

Gong Hyo-jin started off in 1999’s Memento Mori, went on to 2001’s Volcano High and Emergency Measure 19 in 2002. She made a name for herself in the 2002 MBC drama Ruler of Your Own World, then went on to act with Rain in Sangdoo, Let’s Go To School (2003), with Gong Yoo in Hello My Teacher (2005), and with Jang Hyuk in last year’s lauded Thank You; her most recent project is comedy flick Crush and Blush co-starring Lee Jong-hyuk, which releases October 16.

The photo spread will be printed in Nylon’s October issue.

2008091715204510101ak4.jpg

Source: Dramabeans via Newsen / E Daily / E Daily / JK News / Today Korea

assorted BDN+GHJ pics:

<Nylon - Doona's Photo Diary>

exh.jpg

Photographer and subject for Vogue 'Fashion Pet' <more pics>

IMG_4837.jpg

bicycling along Han River this summer

0609_083_1.jpg

News / News / News / News

@ Lomography Gallery Shop Seoul <website>

15.jpg

lomo_20080603_072_600px_gsaram.jpg

2007-09-29_PM_07-06-144536.jpg

00005043530010016903dx8.jpg

tgs6a.jpg

credit: their cyworld blogs

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/07/being-a-...-a-perfect-one/

event01_02.jpg

Bae Doo-na, last seen in 2007’s How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor, is heading to Nepal for some charity work as part of the Good Neighbors program.

From the UN Nepal site:

Good Neighbors International launched its work in Nepal in 2002 with the objective of child care and community development. It is an INGO based on Republic of South Korea with consultative status in UN ECOSOC (United Nation Economic and Social Council).

To this end, she left Korea on July 31 to spend the next seven days in the village of Lele in Kathmandu, Nepal. To capture the realities of village life and charity work, they were also accompanied by photographer Kwon Young-ho.

Bae Doo-na will be working to help the struggling livelihood and family of a 7-year-old girl, Somaya Nagarkoti, as well as visiting the girl’s school and delivering school supplies. Currently, Somaya and her two older sisters do mining work to help their family survive; Somaya spends most of their non-school time in the mines, while her sisters have long quit school (she earns approximately 50 cents for a day of work breaking rocks with a hammer). Despite her circumstances, Somaya reportedly has a lot of friends and dreams of becoming a doctor.

Not to let such a ratings opportunity pass them by, cable channel tvN will be broadcasting coverage of the trip in their World Special Love sometime in September. (The channel already aired the Ryu Seung-beom segment on May 1, wherein the actor traveled to Thailand, and the second segment in July with Shin Hyun-joon in Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur.)

Via JK News

More news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news / news

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/09/tvns-world-special-love/

1437jd1.jpg

1438ai4.jpg

tvnlove7ts0.jpg

1439hx4.jpg

Actors Shin Hyun-joon and Bae Doo-na were sent earlier this summer to do some charity work abroad via cable channel tvN's world special "LOVE" (their phrasing) documentary program. I'd mentioned this before Bae Doo-na set off for Nepal, but now that she's gone there and back, we can see for ourselves what the trip entailed.

Shin's trip was taken back in July to a small village in Malaysia, where he stayed a week, accompanied by photographer Yang Hyun-mo. Bae, on the other hand, made her trip in August to Lele, a village in Nepal, in conjunction with the Good Neighbors International program. She was also there a week with a photographer to document the events as she aided the family of a 7-year-old girl who worked manual labor to earn money for her family.

Shin Hyun-joon's segment aired on September 6, while Bae Doo-na's will be featured on the 20th.

Via Breaknews.com

http://www.chtvn.com/VR/love/ <Website Flash>

Teaser

<Clubbox DL|Clubbox DL|Clubbox DL|Clubbox DL|Clubbox DL|Clubbox DL>

Download via Aja-Aja | Watch via Naver | Watch via GomTV

concept.jpg

preview03_01.jpg

03_photo15_5911.jpg

03_photo05_5901.jpg

03_photo09_5905.jpg

03_photo11_5907.jpg

03_photo06_5902.jpg

03_photo10_5906.jpg

03_photo12_5908.jpg

03_photo14_5910.jpg

03_photo13_5909.jpg

03_photo16_5912.jpg

03_photo08_5904.jpg

03_photo07_5903.jpg

03_photo02_5898.jpg

03_photo04_5900.jpg

03_photo03_5899.jpg

03_photo01_5897.jpg

American indie rock band Yo La Tengo--who'll be playing in Grand Mint Festival at Seoul Olympic Park this Oct (GMF2008)--has officially invited Bae Doona to their show. Their bassist James McNew is apparently a big fan of her work. (yiheee, someone's got a crush... ^_^) The organizers have passed on the invitation to Doona (no word yet if she's said yes).

917479490lsh3.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

http://mintpaper.com/v2/gmf_2008_re.html <Trailer>

gmfmainbannerud2.jpg

gmflineup5yy3.jpg

gmflineup3kv5.jpg

gmflineup2juckwoofo9.jpg

gmf20084rgbpj8.jpg

gmf2008lineup1stda1.jpg

:w00t: Yo La Tengo! I admit, I don't keep a very close eye (or ear) on them, but I love a couple of their songs. Particularly, Mr. Tough and The Summer.

I'm actually not surprised at all that they know of Bae Doona. Any aficionado of Korean film, or Asian films in general, should know of Doona from her movies. But probably not so much for her TV dramas.

Thanks melusine for all the updates and pictures!

^Can't claim to be a huge Yo La Tengo fan either, but I like more than a few of their songs too (off the top of my head: The Summer, Sugarcube, Autumn Sweater). The reports mentioned "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" and "The Host", but I couldn't tell from the babelfish gibberish if it meant that those are the movies the band knows her from. It's pretty cool, right? I wonder if Doona's aware of how well-known and beloved she is by cinephiles the world over. I hope she goes to their show. (:

'그녀가 돌아왔다' Press Call and Open Rehearsal

The play (which Doona is producing and her mother stage actress Kim HwaYoung is starring in) will run at Doore Hall 2 in Daehangno from Oct 2 to Nov 2 (8pm during weekdays, 7pm during Sat/Sun/holidays). [previous post]

2008100122452210101av9.jpg

2008100200522510102se3.jpg

2008100200522510101mn4.jpg

200810060038nc7.th.jpg 12229372784320081003hp2.th.jpgthpix.gif 200810020006440ls1.th.jpg 1026008bs3.th.jpg

200810060039nt5.th.jpg pyh2008100111820091700pwz3.th.jpg pyh2008100111760091700plx0.th.jpg pyh2008100111770091700pmw0.th.jpg akr2008100122490000501ijd5.th.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

YTN Star video|DL / YTN Star video|DL / Video|DL / Video / Video / Video / Video|DL / Video|DL / Video|DL / Video|DL / Video|DL

"Today was the first time I watched the rehearsal and the actors' performances were even better than I expected," Doona said in her interview. She further praised her mom, finding it impressive how KHY "conveyed her suppressed sorrow to the audience, which is more difficult for an actor to do than exploding immediately." Her love for theater dates back from the time her mom would bring her to work with her when she was a kid. Until now she still asks her mom's opinion before accepting a role, because she trusts her taste and unbiasedly considers KHY an excellent actress. When asked by reporters when she plans to act in another play (she produced and starred in "Sunday Seoul" in 2004), Doona made the surprise confession that she suffers from stage fright (to the point of shaking with nerves and tension and becoming tongue-tied); climbing up the stage every night was an act of courage for her. Still, her greatest wish is for she and her mom to act together onstage someday, but modestly added that before that can come to pass, she needs more time to hone her craft. Kim HwaYoung shares her wish, though she's also uncomfortable in publicizing/exploiting their mother-daughter relationship, which is why they've turned down numerous offers to do CFs together. "I do not like being called as merely 'Bae Doona's mother.' I'm a professional in my own right and so is she." <translation by melusine, pls correct me for any errors>

News on discounts on play tickets.

Guest huangsy

BDN has been cast in another Japanese movie, to be directed by Hirokazu Koreeda.

Japanese title, Aruitemo aruitemo

English title, Still Walking

Korean title, 걸어도 걸어도

^Thanks for the heads-up. Btw the movie is still untitled (歩いても 歩いても/Aruitemo, Aruitemo/Still Walking--Koreeda Hirokazu's most recent work--is not the one being referred to). More news on the casting:

200810051924171zh7.jpg200810051927531wr4.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

fyhg0g.jpg

Source: Korean Film Observatory No.28, Korean Film Council, 2008

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/bae-doo-na...as-new-heroine/

Bae Doo-Na is Koreeda's New Heroine

For a while--a little too long for my liking--it seemed like Bae Doo-Na was simply content going around shooting photos (her most "acclaimed" hobby, so to speak), and appearing on various magazines here and there. To be perfectly honest, I don't think she's made the best career choices after her work in the lovely リンダリンダリンダ (Linda Linda Linda) and Bong Joon-Ho's 괴물 (The Host). Both her more recent TV drama appearances were a misfire, first in the pretty but hilariously uneven cable drama 썸데이 (Someday), and then in last year's rom-com 완벽한 이웃을 만나는 법 (The Perfect Neighbors). Bae was certainly fine, in spite of the material. But she was also wasting her immense talent on work that never posed any challenge to her. But, this one? Might be a tad different.

His latest film 歩いても 歩いても (Still Walking) is currently screening at the PIFF in Busan, but Koreeda Hirokazu is certainly not wasting any time, as he already cast Bae as the lead of his next project. The news comes from a festival daily by the Hollywood Reporter and Korean mag Cine21, in which Koreeda announced Bae will star in his upcoming fantasy melodrama, still without a title. The premise is already a jackpot: the film is about a (humanoid?) creature who learns to speak after earning herself a nice little heart, which she uses for the most obvious of endeavors, falling in love. The two have professed their respect and admiration for each other, and look to be quite a fine fit for this kind of film. Principal photography will start in December, after the male lead is cast.

http://varietyasiaonline.com/kaijushakedown/CELEBRITY-UPDATE

And some celebs are, you know, acting in movies, like Korea's great Bae Doo-Na who is starring in Kore-Eda's next film. He made the announcement at the Pusan Film Festival, saying, "This new movie is about a non-human creature that behaves like a human and even falls in love with a human after it learns to communicate." One can only hope that in this Japanese production they're not casting the Korean actress as a "non-human creature."

http://www.hanfever.com/2008/10/05/bae-doo...zus-next-movie/

[...] "The reason why I chose Bae Doo Na as the female lead is because I'm actually a loyal fan of her," Hirokazu continued.

Bae Doo Na's talent agency Barunson Entertainment also expressed, "Director Hirokazu Kore-Eda first approached Bae Doo Na and coincidentally Bae Doo Na was touched after watching the Hirokazu's previous work 'Nobody Knows'. After looking through the script, Bae Doo Na decided to play the leading role in this movie."

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...9523_11858.html

Actress Bae Doo-na Cast in Koreeda's New Film

Actress Bae Doo-na has been cast as the heroine in world-renowned Japanese film director Hirokazu Koreeda's upcoming film. Koreeda, who is currently visiting the Pusan International Film Festival with his latest work "Aruitemo Aruitemo," told a magazine jointly published by Cine 21 and Hollywood Report magazines, that he has cast Bae as the heroine of his upcoming fantasy melodrama.

The film director explained that his new film is about a non-human entity that learns to open up to people, learn their language and learns to love. He also added that he is a huge fan of the Korean actress. It will be Bae's second role in a Japanese film since "Linda Linda Linda," a 2004 film directed by Nobuhiro Yama$hita.

Koreeda became widely acknowleged through his 2004 film "Nobody Knows" which won an award for the Best Male Actor in a Leading Role.

Barunson Entertainment said details of the film, including the title, have yet to be confirmed. The film shoot will begin in December.

http://sportsworldi.segye.com/Articles/Ent...&subctg2=00

Actress Bae Duna has been cast as the main character of Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda’s next movie.

Hirokazu Koreeda is currently at the Busan Film Festival with his movie ‘Walk and Walk,’ and on the 5th he said, "I cast Bae Duna as the main actress of my next fantasy melodrama movie."

He went on to say, "It is a movie about the existence of a person, not the person itself, being loved, learning a new language, and falling in love. The reason I cast Bau Duna as the main actress is because I am a big fan of her."

Barunson Entertainment, the company she belongs to, said, "The director asked her to be in his movie first. Bae Duna had been impressed by his movie ’Nobody Knows,’ and also liked the scenario of his new movie so she decided to be in it."

This will be the second Japanese movie Bae Duna will be in after Nobuhiro Yama$hita’s ’Linda, Linda, Linda’ in 2004.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...esimul_SNO=1092

BAE Doo-na in Koreeda film

Renowned Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda told reporters at Pusan International Film Festival (PIFF) that he will work with actress BAE Doo-na on his next project. Koreeda said that he highly regards the Korean actress and that he is a fan. Koreeda watched all her films and named Barking Dogs Never Bite, Take Care of My Cat, and The Host.

Koreeda praised BAE for her acting and comedy skills, rather than being just a pretty face, to motivate his choice for BAE in a leading role in his fantasy melodrama with touches of comedy. The story will be about a non-human form of life which learns the language and emotions like love while living among humans.

Korean film company Barunson Entertainment is also involved in the project. According to Barunson, the project has no confirmed title as yet and that more details about the project are still pending. The film is scheduled to start filming in December.

BAE previously played in the Japanese film Linda Linda Linda (Nobuhiro Yama$hita), a film about a high school female band with BAE playing the lead singer. BAE has shunned roles of glamorous and/or beautiful protagonists and rather tackles character roles and she has the touch to endear characters with charming quirks.

Koreeda showcased his latest film Still Walking at this year’s PIFF. He was also at PIFF with his previous film Hana in 2006. He is best known for his Nobody Knows.

Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC)

Ever since the 그녀가 돌아왔다 promo materials mentioned an upcoming Japanese film for her, I'd been excited and wondering what it would be.

This sounds good. :w00t:

Great!

Kore-eda is a good director, so we can hope for a good movie.

In a way, as Japanese directors are better than Korean ones, I'm glad that after Linda3 she makes other movies in Japan! :sweatingbullets:

Guest huangsy

source : yahoo korea

배두나 日 판타지 멜로드라마 주인공 캐스팅

[스포츠월드] 2008년 10월 06일(월) 오후 09:11 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

여배우 배두나(사진)가 일본의 고레에다 히로카즈 감독의 차기작 여주인공으로 캐스팅됐다.

신작 ‘걸어도 걸어도’로 부산국제영화제를 방문 중인 고레에다 히로카즈 감독은 5일 “차기작인 판타지 멜로드라마에 배두나를 캐스팅했다”고 밝혔다.

그는 “사람이 아닌 존재가 마음을 얻고 말을 배워서 사랑을 하게 된다는 내용의 영화다”며 “배두나를 여주인공으로 캐스팅한 것은 나 자신이 배두나의 열렬한 팬이기 때문이다”고 덧붙였다.

배두나의 매니지먼트사인 바른손엔터테인먼트도 “고레에다 감독으로부터 먼저 캐스팅 제의를 받았다. 마침 배두나씨가 감독의 전작 ‘아무도 모른다’를 감명깊게 본데다 시나리오도 마음에 들어해 출연하기로 했다”고 말했다.

배두나의 일본 영화 출연은 야마시타 노부히로 감독의 2004년 작품 ‘린다 린다 린다’ 이후 2번째다.

Actress Bae Duna has been cast as the main character of Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda’s next movie.

Hirokazu Koreeda is currently at the Busan Film Festival with his movie ‘Walk and Walk,’ and on the 5th he said, "I cast Bae Duna as the main actress of my next fantasy melodrama movie."

He went on to say, "It is a movie about the existence of a person, not the person itself, being loved, learning a new language, and falling in love. The reason I cast Bau Duna as the main actress is because I am a big fan of her."

Barunson Entertainment, the company she belongs to, said, "The director asked her to be in his movie first. Bae Duna had been impressed by his movie ’Nobody Knows,’ and also liked the scenario of his new movie so she decided to be in it."

This will be the second Japanese movie Bae Duna will be in after Nobuhiro Yamamini coopera’s ’Linda, Linda, Linda’ in 2004.

*existence : 존재

*be a big fan of ∼ : ∼의 팬이다

*be impressed by : ∼에 의해 감명받다

*fall in love : 사랑에 빠지다

*main actress : 주인공 여배우

Doona is taking part in '천사데이 스타 애장품 경매' an online charity auction jointly sponsored by www.istyle24.com and www.hope1004.org. All proceeds will go to children suffering from rare and incurable diseases. Other celebrity participants include Lee Hyori, Park YeJin, Jo SeungWoo, Uhm JungHwa, Park YongHa, Choi KangHee, Jang Nara, Oh YeonSoo, Han JaeSuk, Choi JungWon, Daniel Henney, Byun JungSoo, Yoo Seon, Hwang ShinHye, Gi TaeYoung, Younha, Baek JiYoung, Bada, Jewelry, F.T. Island, SG Wannabe, SHINee, See Ya, Davichi, V.O.S, Poppin' Hyun Joon, Song DaeKwan, handball athlete Im OhKyung, fashion designer Lee SangBong, Kim YoungChul, Kim ShinYoung.

http://auction.istyle24.com/default.aspx?_C_=12777

http://auction.istyle24.com/Auction/Auction_List.aspx#21

1004_mainimg_01.jpg

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

She auctioned off several photographs she's taken during her travels in Japan.

e1asup.jpg

http://auction.istyle24.com/Auction/Auctio...&GoodsId=40

Guest saggiorpiioxgalaxy

Hello, I've not been posting here but I still come for all things Doona <3

Thanks for all the updates melusine <3, as always. I'm sorry for being an annoying leecher as I'm not a pro cinephile and I feel my posts would get mindless and repetitive :( But since it's Oct 11th...

Happy Birthday DooNa Unni

I still love everything she does, and all her beautiful photos.

She still looks the best in short hair I feel. *[insert endless fangirl spazzings]

(:

• 2 weeks later...

Doona is the new model for Eryn brinie's Fall '08 line. The pictorial will be appearing in the October issues of Elle and InStyle magazines.

News / News / News / News / News / News / News / News

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-2.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-4.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-6.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582259.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-5.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-7.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-1.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-3.jpg

25EB25B025B025EB2591259025EB2582-8.jpg

1464df2.jpg

1465fk1.jpg

1466bs5.jpg

1471sc7.jpg

credit: http://cafe.daum.net/eluxe/5cm8/280 + Doona.net

2008090423135640256529yw7.jpg

0903404copyjh7.jpg

0903395ne8.jpg

0903230sb9.jpg

credit: Doona's cyworld

doonazzang2moognaek9.jpg

21760209713015hg1.jpg

TVReport --> interview on MBC Section TV (섹션TV연예통신)

Doona has been designated as Goodwill Ambassador of Daegu Photo Biennale 2008. The Organizing Committee was impressed with her passion for photography, displayed most notably through her 2 books and upcoming 3rd.

News / News / News / News / News / News / News + MBC News video

img_bip_01.gif

In the early years of the 21st century, the contemporary art world of Korea is heading towards the path of qualitative maturity together with quantitative expansion to be in tune with the era of globalization. At the center of contemporary art that is becoming internationalized, photography has secured its position as an independent genre of art rather than a simple tool of reproduction. Furthermore, photography has surfaced as an important medium that imparts significant impact to the art itself. The 2nd Daegu Photo Biennale focuses on this aspect to present photography as a new artistic genre and to appreciate its identity within contemporary art. In addition, by perceptively and synchronously looking at the photographic art of South Korea, China and Japan, the driving force of Northeast Asian art that is receiving attention around the world, this event will evaluate the present state and estimate the future of photographic art. In particular, the Daegu Photo Biennale 2008 will extensively deal with the artistic identity of Northeast Asia amid the diverse phenomena of the internationalizing contemporary art world. Therefore, it will expose the originality and experimental quality of Asian photography while examining its past and present states.

‘Memories of the Future’, the theme of the Daegu Photo Biennale 2008, conveys a sense of past time, the attribute of photography as the ‘recorded trace,’ and the quality of continuous time through the properties of photography. In fact, the medium of photography holds the ambivalence of antinomy. Photography is the art of time that connotes the desire of fossilizing a moment, therefore making it a past event while constantly desiring to hold onto the moment for eternity. Capable of diversely expressing the time qualities of the past, present and future, the medium of photography has had its diversity and experimental quality highlighted through the digitalization of images. As such, photographic art, with its unique imaginative power and originality, is securing an independent position within contemporary art. In the middle of the digital era in which the gap with the public is minimized, the Daegu Photo Biennale 2008 will be a great festival of photographic art for communication and in-depth exchange with the public.

The Biennale's main exhibition "Then and Now: Memories of the Future" features contemporary photography from South Korea, Japan, and China. To contrast the contemporary images there will be a show on photography from 100 years ago taken of South Korea, Japan and China. The old images will show a time when the western and eastern world first began to interact with each other. It will be a good contrast to show how culture and photography has changed over time.

There will also be a group of special exhibitions that will be presented at the Biennale: "Changing Social Landscape: North Korea 0950-2008", "Sway in the Space", and "4 Hidden Photographers".

The Daegu Photo Biennale 2008 will present photography from Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan, United States, England, and France. This will bring almost 10 countries together representing about 200 photographers.

http://www.daeguphoto.com/

view_sotitle_02.gif

view_01.gif