Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Today, you know what? I found London nori in my letterbox ! :wub:

Kamsahamnida mr postman !

I didn't have the time to really read it yet, but the book is really nice.

Maybe it's a bit small for a photo book, but the small format is really nice to manipulate. There are a lot of pictures (not surprised, heh), by Doona or/and of Doona, some are great great great! There's also few texts, more than I expected (the translation will take time...).

Verdict >>> Doona you are the best of the world !!!

(who said that I am a little little bit biased ?)

PS : to celebrate this memorable day, I have upload a video on Youtube.

It's an interview from the korean DVD of Take care of my cat (I don't think it is on the american one), unfortunatly without subtitles, but she is so :wub::wub::wub:

(anyway, I love her interviews, the way she moves, her little expressions, and everything, but thie one is my favorite :blush: )

Epikt, you have Doona's book already?!? Chuka chuka!

doochin14299.jpg

I'm still saving up for it, but someday I hope to own one too (and get her to autograph it--let's go to Seoul and stalk her! ^_^). Do share your thoughts with the thread once you've finished reading the book (and drooling over it, I'm sure! :P).

Oh, and thanks for the YouTube interview clip...

the way she moves, her little expressions

...I enjoyed watching it (and her).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thunderbolt

The Host star Bae Doo Na successfully survived months of physical training, but she says:

'I hate to exercise'

The Electric New Paper, Singapore

September 26, 2006

NP_4830707_22_09_2006t.jpg

SHE nails enough bull's eyes to be hailed the female Legolas. But it didn't come easy.

Demure Korean actress Bae Doo na transforms into a tough archer in monster flick The Host. Like the bow-and-arrow-wielding elf in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Korean actress Bae Doo Na also underwent intensive training to play an ace archer in the monster flick The Host.

And how she suffered.

Lifting the mechanical bow was her biggest problem, the dainty star said in an interview provided by local movie distributor Warner Brothers.

'The bow is heavy, even for men, and if I (released the arrow) wrongly, I'd bleed and there'd be bruises all over my arms.' But she gritted her teeth throughout the three months of training and six months of filming.

INJECTIONS AND MASSAGES

Never mind that she often strained her arms and had to rely on massage and injections to relax her aching muscles.

'I used to hate exercising! But I managed to persevere till the end. I couldn't use a body double because my face is shown while I'm shooting.'

In the movie, she embarks on a rescue mission with her family to save her niece, who is abducted by a river monster.

Filming was equally gruelling for Doo Na, 27, as she also had to overcome her biggest fear - heights.

Many scenes required her to climb and run under a highway bridge built across the Han River in Seoul.

'Every time a car sped by, the bridge would shake violently, which was terrifying,' she said. 'I may be running around valiantly on screen, but in reality, I was so scared that tears kept streaming down.'

But she has no regrets as it was her dream to work with director Bong Joon Ho again after Barking Dogs Never Bite in 2000.

'I feel he's a real auteur. He has good leadership over the staff and the whole film is inside his head... he knows what to do to visualise it.' It also helped that she enjoyed working with the other cast members, including her screen brothers Song Kang Ho and Park Hae Il. She said she appreciated the strong teamwork and even described the crew as the 'best combination' she ever had.

'The Host is my 10th film and my proudest film.'

A MONSTER HIT

And it has turned out to be a monster hit.

In a record 38 days, it beat King And The Clown to become the most watched film in Korean history. It had attracted 12.9 million admissions in Korea by 17 Sep and it's still counting.

Over here, the film also set a record, grossing $371,486 in its opening weekend - the highest figure for a Korean film so far. Last Monday, it raked in almost $593,000 to overtake Brotherhood as the second highest-grossing Korean film in Singapore to date.

Many fingers are crossed on it beating Wishing Stair's long-standing No 1 record of $839,000.

source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,...,114391,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

We are still the 10th, aren't we ?? :o

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mark on my calendar. :blush:

So, let's sing together ! :w00t::w00t:

생일 축하 합니다 !

생일 축하 합니다 !

사랑하는 두나의 !

생일 축하 합니다 !

(Saengil chukha hamnida

Saengil chukha hamnida

Saranghaneun Doonaeui