[drama 2007] Evasive Inquiry Agency 얼렁뚱땅 흥신소

Guest Soy

Guest dariav-

My guess is that it has something to do with seniority, because Min Ki did the full bow when he and Eugene were in the praying ceremony for RRLY.

Thanks for clearing that up :) Wow, they do have a lot of customs and what-not in the industry...

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochinipark

glad to report i've finally finished watching EIA.All thanks to WITHS2 tram this weekend got dwon to seeing final 2 episodes.boy was it worth its wait.sort of had an inklin of the ending where they kinda go back to regular life,not revealing to public they found the gold,glad they took a bit if it though.kinda wasteful if after all the adventure they didn't take any.but that granpa is stil in tunnel,buried in it.

also the words thAT yong su spoke abt thinking aBT your happiest moments can be any insignificant moment in ur life when death stares u in the eyes.very poignant words.he's actually a very smart,rational,realistic character.

EIA is definitely the indie hit of the year.never realy had any kind of those sad,soappy,melodramatic,revenge theme kinda show but just pure laugh out aloud moments with rational look at any ppl of the street lives.rely liked it bcos it didn't get me thinkin too much,just to enjoy it as i watched it.

loved the actin,yehjiwon shld get best actress,her acting in this drama deserve recognition.one of the best dramas of 2007 that i've watched which includes likes of TODAW,CP,thank you,hello miss and others.

rely liked it bcos it didn't get me thinkin too much,just to enjoy it as i watched it.

I'm surprised you said this...many I know here in the US are having a hard time following this drama. I keep trying to emphasize that they need to understand the "Principle of Causality" to make sense of the pacing and turn of events of this drama.

That's the hottest video I've seen in a long time.

So much great energy - and his smile when he sings !

I just started rewatching the entire series - and ep. 3 just cracks me up with

the hospital scene of his "love confession..."

This was an AWESOME series - i hope it finds a cult following in the future -

I liked EVERYTHING about this series -

i have no complaints for anything!

THANKS FOR THE VIDEO -

i great christmas present!

P.S. to Creidesca - can you elaborate on "The Principle of Casualty"

is it a book - a physics theory? etc.... could please explain.

Thanks for keeping this thread going - I MISS THIS SHOW!!!!

Guest flyhearts

THIS DRAMA IS SOOOO INTERSESTING

lee min ki oppa is very tallented as an actor

i really love his acting~~ :rolleyes:

and the other actors and actresses are also good

i didnt finish it yet,, and im looking forward to complete it ~ :sweatingbullets:

P.S. to Creidesca - can you elaborate on "The Principle of Casualty"

is it a book - a physics theory? etc.... could please explain.

The concept itself is quite complicated, but I just wanted to point out (and I'm quoting here):

"The principle of causality is one of the primary propositions known to people in their ordinary lives. This principle states that for everything there is a cause. It is one of the necessary rational principles; for (p. 808) a human being finds at the heart of his nature a motive that causes him to attempt to explain the things he encounters and to justify the existence of such things by disclosing their causes. This motive is inborn in human nature. Also, is may be present in a number of animals. Thus, such animals instinctively pay attention to the source of motion in order to know its cause. They search for the source of a sound, again in order to know its cause. That is why human beings are always confronted with the question: 'Why . . .?' This question is raised concerning every existence and every phenomenon of which they are aware, so that if they do not find a specific cause [of such an existence or such a phenomenon], they believe that there is an unknown cause that produced the event in question."

source

----

from S.M.Korotaev:

"Principle of causality usually means retardation one event relatively another, i.e. necessary (but not sufficient) condition of causal connection. To introduce sufficient condition means to define what observable is the cause and what is the effect. Intuitive understanding of this distinction is suffered in custom use, but in causal mechanics is unsatisfactorily."

---

"ART. III. -- THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSALITY.

62. The intellect forms the idea of cause in general when it ascends by abstraction from the knowledge of a particular effect and a particular cause to the idea of effect and cause in general. -- In the act of sensation, of intellection, or of volition, we necessarily distinguish two things: the sensitive, intellective, or volitive act, and the agent which produces the act; this is nothing but the cognition of a particular effect produced by a particular cause. But from this particular cognition the intellect can by abstraction form the idea of effect and of cause in general, that is, the idea, first, of some thing which exists only in virtue of the action of an agent, and the idea, secondly, of an agent by the action of which this thing is produced. Hence the idea of cause comprehends two elements the perception of an agent as producing an effect by its action, and the perception of an effect as produced by this action.

63. When the intellect has the idea of cause and effect, it immediately perceives the principle of causality, which is expressed in the formula: There is no effect without a cause. -- This principle expresses nothing more than the essential dependence of every effect on some cause. But this dependence is known from the very idea of effect; for an effect is something that begins to be, or that has a being that it had not. It must, then, have received its being from itself or from another. But it could not receive its being from itself, since in that supposition it would both exist in order to give being, and not exist in order to receive being. It must then have received its being from another, on which, therefore, it depends, and which is called a cause. The intellect, therefore, analyzing the idea of effect, immediately perceives its dependence on a cause; it expresses this dependence in the proposition: "There is no effect without a cause."{2}

64. To the principle of causality is referred the princple of sufficient reason, which may be thus formulated: Whatever is, must have a sufficient reason why it is what it is. -- This principle is only an extension of the principle of causality, but it has a more general application; while the principle of causality properly applies only to things which are effects or had a beginning, that of sufficient reason is applicable to the First Cause who had no beginning. The principle of sufficient reason has this limit, however, that with regard to free will, it is not true if taken objectively only; for not the object but the election made by the will is the reason why the will determines itself to the exercise of its act.

65. The principle of causality is analytical, and not synthetical, as Kant maintains. -- A judgment is synthetical when the idea of the predicate is not contained in that of the subject; as, "This wood is green." A judgment is analytical, when the analysis of the subject enables us to find the predicate in it. Hence the mere analysis of the idea of effect suffices to give the idea of dependence on a cause.

66. The principle of causality has an objective value, notwithstanding the assertion to the contrary of many philosophers among others Kant and Hume. -- Many philosophers, recognizing that to destroy the principle of causality is to destroy all science, accept the principle, but deny its objective or real value, and give it only a subjective or ideal value. It is evident, however, that the quality of dependence on a cause, which the effect possesses, results from its nature as effect, and, consequently, is as real as the effect itself."

source

---------

The question raised at the end of the drama's opening sequence was "How did it become like this?" thus from that point onward, the drama sets up all the necessary characters, events and such that will lead up to the point in question, in a methodological way, considering our green "mixed-up" group of treasure hunters.

I believe that's why, if you noticed the vignettes, each was an attempt to answer or explain an event that had occurred in the episode or we were likely were wondering about! Not to mention that each episode would always contain a "recap" before the episode's title is introduced. It is not mearly just a "recap".

sidenote: Any one notice just how great a memory Mu Yeol has? Remember back in EP 4, he could recall what else was in Hee Kyung's purse?

Well, creidesca, there's only one thing to do....

with the Principle of Casualty in mind -

start at the beginning and watch EIA again from the beginning.

since WITHS2 isn't subbing for now -

i'll take this opportunity to watch EIA once again...

Guest AlecRuby

i heard that this drama suffered really really low ratings, but all fans here seems to like it and i really want to see it. i am going to wait for it to come out in dvd. i find min ki and eun song really good looking together.

I really regretted not following the drama when it aired back then..

It's like I'm left behind all the craziness already..

Anywayz,I'm currently on Ep 4.. and I really like it..

MIA's not only different and unique in its plot, it's quirky, funny and enjoyable.

It nearly got me falling off my chair when Moo Yeol and his gang was thinking about the reason why Eun Jae lied to them.. even more when they played the Prison Break theme!! :lol:

Lee Min Ki's no doubt a promising actor..

He amazed me in Dal Ja's Spring.. but here, I'm even more impressed! :D

Jo, glad to see you're also enjoying this series. I promise you, you're in for a fun ride.

Ah, finally finished EIA. Took me a while, because I really hated the thought of having to part with it. Geez, I miss the gang already. I wish they would do a continuation or something, a season 2 if you will. Another treasure hunt, or the repercussion of the gold discovery, anything really; I just want to see the cast together on screen.

It's a bit surprising for me how EIA managed to be THIS good. I honestly didn't expect a lot because I live and feed from romance. The reason I got into K-Drama in the first place was romance, and how it was depicted in Korean dramas. And EIA had minuscule amount of romance. When I heard that EIA made a point to have as little romance as possible, my interest was piqued. Sure Minki (and Eun Seong) also came to the equation, but I thought I would stick around for a few episodes just to see what this no romance concept was like. Amazingly, the more episodes I saw the more addicted I was to this drama. It was very well made, well thought out, and well written. It's like every single scene is there for a reason.

It's upsetting how a true gem like this would remain hidden, and worse buried under the sea of k-drama. Ah, such a sad thing.

Anyways I could still yap on and on and on about how good EIA is, but I'm just gonna repeat what other people have said. Awesome cast, awesome acting, awesome chemistry, awesome storyline, awesome characterization, and other countless awesome elements. There, I'm gonna shut up now.

can anyone give me a quick summary of what happened at the end? i didnt see episodes 15 & 16 and i just want to know the ending. thanks.

oh yes...at the end of the final EP, Eun Jae is wearing green...besides greys/whites/creams/black/dark blues/reds/browns, was there any other color Eun Jae wore earlier in the drama?

that's a huge jump for her.

hey, over in the BAD LOVE thread they're posting that NEXT WEEK, instead of 2 new episodes of BAD LOVE, they're showing an episode and/or special one night of EIA and the next night for INSOON is pretty.

Don't know if it's a fact - but it might be!

Archived